If you are looking for the Best Film Effect Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Film Effect Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Film Effect Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Film Effect Apps For iPhone
1. Dazz Cam – Vintage Camera
The Dazz camera is inspired by the retro film camera of the 80s. Based on the film proofs, we 100% restore the color, texture and noise of the film. There will also be interesting light leakage effects.
The Dazz camera will launch new cameras from time to time, let’s look forward to it .
Other function items
– Take two photos to superimpose the double exposure effect.
– Timed self-timer function.
– With a flash in the dark, you can take a more film texture.
– camera assistant grid.
– Fisheye lens.
– Flash Colors.
– Exposure adjustment.
– Photo with square frame, convenient to share to Instagram
When you share photos on social networks, you can use the #dazzcam tag. Our editor will occasionally select wonderful photos to join our collection!
For any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dazz Pro Subscription
– Join Dazz Pro to access all cameras and accessories.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
– Your account will be charged for renewal, in accordance with your plan, within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
– You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID account settings any time after purchase.
2. Filmm | Easy Video Editing App
“Filmm makes it simple to edit your videos! Mix and stack professional filters with authentic film textures, light effects, and subtle distortions. Add music and text with the press of a button, choosing from tons of royalty-free options.
Cut and clip your video with ease using Filmm’s easy video editing interface. Use crop detection and make sure your video is optimized for Tik Tok and other social media platforms. Check out the film-inspired frames and effects available in the app and control watermark size and placement with just a tap.
Edit your videos with one tap using Filmm’s Looks! With 100+ filters and effects, there’s sure to be a combination that captures your aesthetic. Mix, match and stack all the filters and effects to find the look you want.
Add captions or text overlays with over 30 fonts and text animations to choose from. Filmm has tons of royalty free music options for you to mix and match, letting you create the perfect soundtrack to back your Day in the Life or Get Ready With Me videos. Add audio effects and clips with the tap of a button, all from Filmm’s library.
Start editing like a pro today with Filmm! Download and subscribe today!
MULTIPLE EFFECTS AVAILABLE
• One-tap full featured Looks let you edit your videos quickly and easily
• Filmm packs over 100 filters and effects for presets you’ll love
• Realistic film-inspired frames and complete control over watermarks
• 30+ modern font and text animations let you customize captions
• Crop detection, pre-ready for social media dimensions
PROFESSIONAL EDITING FEATURES
• Multi-clip editing with professional transitions let you make videos like the pros
• Advanced adjustment tools including curves give you complete control over tone and color
• Choose from tons of audio and music options, including custom royalty-free music
• Story splitting save options let you save Instagram and Snapchat stories in timed increments
• Clip trim, cut, reverse and duplicate your frames, clips or videos to fit perfectly
Unlock all Filmm packs, frames, transitions, text, music, watermark control and all upcoming features with Filmm+!
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING, TERMS, & CONDITIONS
The Filmm+ subscription is $29.99 USD per year or $5.99 USD per month. Pricing in other countries may vary, and charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country you live in.
Filmm+ Yearly Subscription starts with a free 3-day trial period. Once the trial is over, a recurring billing period of $29.99 per year automatically begins upon subscription. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Filmm+ Monthly Subscription enables access to all app features. A recurring billing period of $5.99 per month automatically begins upon subscription. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
3. Huji Cam
“DISCLAIMER NOTICE: HUJI Cam IS PROVIDED AS MANHOLE’S OWN PRODUCT. THIS APP IS NOT THE OFFICIAL APP OF FUJIFILM OR ANY OTHERS. MANHOLE HAS MADE EVERY EFFORT TO ENSURE NOT TO INFRINGE OTHER’S COPYRIGHTS OR TRADEMARKS.
HUJI Cam makes your moments as precious as the feelings of analog film with old memories.
Camera makers of every era always tried to capture the best moments and such an effort continued back in 1998 as well, whereby our memories became clearer. HUJI Cam has the effort of those days to leave precious moments as vivid and vibrant photographs.
– How to run through time on SNS : #HUJI
Take a picture having a feeling just like the year 1998 with HUJI Cam.
Look close to Viewfinder to see things bigger while holding your iPhone in Landscape Mode. If this feature troubles you, active Viewfinder Touch Mode via Lab > Settings Icon. That way you can now make the view finder bigger or smaller by tapping. For detail, check out on our SNS which you can easily visit via the button in Settings within the app.
– When HUJI does not work
1. Go to Settings app of your iPhone and scroll down to find HUJI
2. Turn off Camera among the ACCESS permission list for the time being.
3. Run HUJI again. Tap ‘Resolve Problems’ on the bottom of the Camera Access notice”
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, color, size, location, and more
• Add solid, gradient, and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Enhance your movie with by slowing down or speeding up any clip
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13
• Add, adjust, and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen, and split screen effects
• Select from over 80 soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export a video optimized for Instagram, YouTube, and other popular video destinations
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your television with Apple TV****
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later”
5. RNI Films
At RNI we always wanted to transfer the true character of analogue film to digital medium. So we did by digitising our library of analog slides and negatives, building their profiles and packaging those profiles into a lightweight and easy to use mobile app.
RNI Films is a great mobile companion for those who appreciate the beauty of analogue photography. And this little app enables creators to bring the artistic flair of film into their mobile workflow.
Many professional photographers find our film profiles to be more sophisticated and true to real film than rivals. That’s because we work really hard to recreate every subtle aspect of real film, with great attention to general accuracy, colour separation, skin tones and grain texture.
RNI’s film-simulating expertise is proven by time and appreciated by photographers from all over the globe. Our desktop and mobile solutions have been praised in a number of independent online reviews, so don’t hesitate to search for RNI Films online to find out more about our products, philosophy and approach.
The RNI Films’ filters are born from real film stocks and split into categories that include negative, slide, instant, black & white and vintage. The app comes with a generous introductory package of free film filters. Also additional filter packages can be added via in-app purchase.
Use RNI image adjustment tools to make sure your images perfectly meet your creative vision. You can crop and rotate, alter the brightness, contrast, and colour, enhance shadows and highlights, add vignette and real film grain, and much more.
RNI Films supports RAW. Some minor image artefacts may bee seen while editing RAW in the app’s viewport which uses draft mode. But those artefacts won’t be there on export. And generally the quality of the output of this little app is comparable with professional desktop software.
Share your photos to your social networks directly from the app. Supported networks include Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
The RNI Films app is simple, intuitive and straightforward to use. It’s designed with high efficiency in mind, from opening a photo to sharing the result. No clutter, no extra taps to ‘hide/unhide that panel’, no unnecessary confirmation steps – everything is streamlined and simple for your convenience.
#RNI and #RNIFilms
Tag your photos with #RNI and #RNIFilms for a chance to get featured in RNI’s official newsletter, blog and Instagram @reallyniceimages.
To find out more about RNI products please visit
6. VHS Cam – Retro Camcorder FX
Impress your friends and have fun adding a premium vintage effect to your videos!
– Display Date
– Change The Date (and pretend the video was recorded in 1992!)
– Import your Own Videos
– Use the Flashlight
– Zoom In/Out
– Selfie Mode
– Change filter
– Add text
– Add Emoji
– Add Music
And much more!
Pro version + Remove Ads Yearly subscription
• 1 Year of all features and effects, first Week is completely free
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Do not forget to visit http://sonotap.com and discover more apps for your iPhone & iPad”