If you are looking for the Best Firewall Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Firewall Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Firewall Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Firewall Android
1. NetGuard – no-root firewall
Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.
Blocking access to the internet can help:
• reduce your data usage
• save your battery
• increase your privacy
• Simple to use
• No root required
• 100% open source
• No calling home
• No tracking or analytics
• No advertisements
• Actively developed and supported
• Android 5.1 and later supported
• IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
• Tethering supported
• Optionally allow when screen on
• Optionally block when roaming
• Optionally block system applications
• Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
• Optionally record network usage per application per address
• Material design theme with light and dark theme
• Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
• Allow/block individual addresses per application
• New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
• Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
• Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version
There is no other no-root firewall offering all these features.
If you have a question or problem, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like to help people less fluent in English, you can help translate NetGuard in your language: https://crowdin.com/project/netguard/
If you like to test new features, you can participate in the test program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/eu.faircode.netguard
All required permissions are described here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-faq42
The source code is available here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard”
2. AFWall+ (Android Firewall +)
AFWall+ (Android Firewall +) is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall.It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G and/or Wi-Fi and while in roaming). Also you can control traffic within LAN or while connected through VPN.
More info on new permission – android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER
PERMISSIONS & FAQ
INTERNET permission is only required for LAN functionality (API limitation)
Join BETA for latest features/experiments – https://play.google.com/apps/testing/dev.ukanth.ufirewall
– Material inspired Design ( not real material design )
– Supports 5.x to 9.x (for 2.x support use 18.104.22.168 version, for 4.x use 2.9.9)
– XPosed modules – Download manager Leak + Hide lock screen notification for 5.x+ devices
– Import/Export Rules to external storage with UI
– Import DroidWall Rules
– Search Applications
– Filter Applications
– Profile Management with UI ( multiple Profiles )
– Tasker/Locale support
– Select All/None/Invert/Clear applications on each column
– Revamped Rules/Logs Viewer with copy/export to external storage
> Highlight system applications with custom color
> Notify on new installations
> Ability to hide application icons( faster loading )
> Use LockPattern/Pin for application protection.
> Use system level protection for app (Donate only)
> Show/Hide application ID.
– Roaming Option for 3G/Edge
– VPN Support
– LAN Support
– Tether Support
– IPV6/IPV4 Support
– Tor Support
– Adaptive Icons
_ Notification Channels
– Choose able languages
– Choose able iptables/busybox binary
– Support x86/MIPS/ARM devices.
– New Widget UI – Apply profiles with few clicks
– Blocked packets notification – Displays blocked packets
– Support for wifi only tablets
– Improved Log statistics with UI
Translations & Languages
– German translations by chef@xda & user_99@xda & Gronkdalonka@xda
– French translations by GermainZ@xda & Looki75@xda
– Russian translations by Kirhe@xda & YaroslavKa78
– Spanish translations by spezzino@crowdin
– Dutch translations by DutchWaG@crowdin
– Japanese translation by nnnn@crowdin
– Ukrainian translation by andriykopanytsia@crowdin
– Slovenian translation by bunga bunga@crowdin
– Chinese Simplified translation by tianchaoren@crowdin
– Polish translations by tst,Piotr Kowalski@crowdin
– Swedish translations by CreepyLinguist@crowdin
– Greek Translations by mpqo@crowdin
– Portuguese translations by lemor2008@xda
– Chinese Traditional by shiuan@crowdin
– Chinese Simplified by wuwufei,tianchaoren @ crowdin
– Italian translations by benzo@crowdin
– Romanian tranlations by mysterys3by-facebook@crowdin
– Czech translations by Syk3s
– Hungarian translations
– Turkish translations
– Indonesian translations by mirulumam
BIG THANKS for all the translators and http://crowdin.net for supporting opensource !
Translations Page – http://crowdin.net/project/afwall
AFWall+ is open source software, you can find the source here : https://github.com/ukanth/afwall
Official Support XDA forum – > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957231″
3. NoRoot Firewall
* TO LTE USERS *
NoRoot Firewall may not work on LTE because it NoRoot Firewall currently doesn’t support IPv6. I’m working on the fix.
NoRoot Firewall requires NO ROOT. It protects your personal information from being sent to the Internet. NoRoot firewall notifies you when an app is trying to access the Internet. All you need to do is just press Allow or Deny button.
NoRoot Firewall allows you to create filter rules based on IP address, host name or domain name. You can allow or deny only specific connections of an app.
– No root required as the name NoRoot Firewall says.
– Fine-grained access control based on IP/host name/domain name.
– Simple interface. Easy to use.
– Minimal permissions. No location, No phone number.
This is the perfect solution if you want a firewall for android without root. It gives you a complete protection for your Android. NoRoot Firewall is like Drodwall for no root users.
– Björn Sobolewski
– Elias Holzmann
– Torsten Bischof
– Daniel Macedo
– Víctor Alberto Nibeyro
– Wilco van Tilburg
– Patrick DARRICAU
– David opdebeeck
– George Camargo
– Fernando G
– Florin Radulescu
– Mehmet Ali Inceefe
– Tufan Bağdu
– Ömer from steppes
– Adair Moreno Matus
– Amer ahmad
– Nibeyro Víctor Alberto
– Matthew Hoyles
– Lachezar Gorchev
– Fabian Thomys
– Alejandro Celis
– Juan Diego Iannelli
– Pierre-Louis Russo
– Alfred Spijker
– Matúš Moravčík
– Julian David Strassegger
– Nickolay Umnoff
– Anil R Chaudhari
– abdullah almuzahmi
– and many other people”
4. Droid Firewall
“Droid Firewall requires NO ROOT. It protect your personal data from being sent to the Internet. Droid Firewall allows you to choose between Wi-Fi & Mobile Data. All you need to do is to grant or deny the connection. Also it allows the user to even do a search for the required app to be blocked or allowed.
Droid Firewall allows you to filter both system & installed apps. You can allow or deny only specific connections of an app.
– No root required.
– Grant/Deny both system & installed Apps.
– Color Indicators.
-Dark theme support.
– Search bar.
– Mobile data reset.
– Wi-Fi data reset.
– Material design UI. Easy to use.
– Network Graph
– Minimal permissions.
This is the perfect solution if you want a firewall for android without root and also can be used to enhance your gaming experience. It gives you a complete protection for your Android. Droid Firewall is useful for everyone.
You can support developer work by donating via Droid Firewall official website: https://www.droidfirewall.xyz
Got any conplaints, feedback or suggestions make sure to join our group for further discussions and solutions at https://dolleve.com/droidfirewall”