If you are looking for the Best Flashcards App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Flashcards App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Flashcards App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Flashcards App iPhone
1. AnkiApp Flashcards
That’s why AnkiApp uses an improved form of Spaced Repetition (SRS), built with Artificial Intelligence (AI), to maximize the amount of learning you get done in each study session. When you go to study, the AI chooses which flashcards you need to work on, based on a detailed analysis of your progress. It’s like a coach, for your brain.
Make your own flashcards, styled how you like. AnkiApp lets you use colors, bulleted lists, and more. Or search through millions of flashcards that are ready for you to download. Your choice.
You get all this power, wrapped in a simple, polished app.
• Easy to add cards directly from the mobile app
• Format your cards using colored text, bulleted lists, underlines, and more, all without knowing CSS
• Flip your decks to study back-to-front, with a couple taps
• Syncs automatically with desktop, web app, and your other phones and tablets
• Create decks on the go
• Make cards using photos from your camera
• Share any deck with a friend by putting in their email
• Fully-featured—-NOT a “companion” app that requires a computer
• Detailed stats on each of your decks, and individual cards too
• For advanced formatting, supports HTML and CSS
• Text-to-speech (TTS) that reads parts of your cards in English or other languages
• Study offline, and your new cards and progress sync when you’re back online
• Dashboard that shows your overall progress
• Study at any time; doesn’t force you to study cards on a rigid schedule
• Study your recent decks from the Dashboard in just 2 taps
• “Night Mode” that’s easy on your eyeballs when studying in the dark
• Settings sync across all your devices
• 3D Touch menu to quickly review decks and make new cards.
Ranked #1 Education app in multiple countries world-wide. Featured as one of the “Best Apps To Learn Foreign Language” by TechTimes.
Learn more at https://www.ankiapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AnkiApp Unlimited fine print:
• If you want to upgrade to AnkiApp Unlimited, you can either purchase “AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year” which is a 1-year auto-renewing subscription, or “AnkiApp Unlimited: Lifetime” which is a one-time purchase.
• AnkiApp Unlimited grants you access to additional study analytics, unlimited cross-platform multi-device sync, and more.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the time of confirmation of purchase.
• If you choose “AnkiApp Unlimited: 1-Year”, the subscription will automatically renew, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price paid at the time of initial purchase.
• You can manage your subscription and disable auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
2. Flash Cards Flashcards Maker
Try the easiest, sleekest and FASTEST flashcard maker available. Great for anyone studying for exams, practicing for homework or cramming for SAT, GRE, MCATs, LSAT, NCLEX, PSAT, ACT or any other major test. Flashcards are the best way to learn quickly and ace your next test or homework assignment, guaranteed!
+ 100% Easy to add Decks and Cards
+ Faster, easier, simpler, cleaner, better than the rest
+ iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, XS, XR optimized
+ Quickly add cards and decks in a flash
+ Shuffle decks, copy/paste content
+ Sync to iCloud to backup and store your flashcards
+ Share decks with friends, students or instructors via email and Airdrop
+ Bold, italicize, underline text in your cards
+ Swipe gesture supported
+ Single tap to flip flashcards
+ Night Mode for easier studying in the dark
+ Loved by professors and students in high school, college and grad school!
5 STAR REVIEWS from students AND teachers!
“Great flashcard app. This is a really great app. It’s easy to use and you can access your notes whenever you want.”
“This app helps me so much on test, good for a fair amount of tests but for a better experience get the upgrade edition!”
“Best flashcard app! This app is awesome, it allows you to make your own flash cards to prep with. I’ve tried several and this is the only one that works the way it’s supposed to work. Great app to help you study or cram before a test!”
“Very simple and easy to use. Question on front, answer on back, edit as needed, shuffle option available. What more could one want? Oh, has high contrast mode option too! This app is perfect”
“Awesome study tools! I always got so caught up in making paper flashcards that I never thought of using a flashcards app. It’s really easy, Just type in what you want to say on the front and back of the card and that’s it! The app is well designed and easy to use.”
“They are really easy and you can quiz you self this is one of the best flash card apps I could find”
“I teach highschool students and work part time at a local university, I recommend all my students to prep for tests by studying with this app, it’s the best I’ve come across so far!”
“This app has helped me extremely with My spanish 2b studying especially when I don’t have my written flash cards aka i don’t have them because of thee app. It also allows you to separate the decks into different piles, the only thing i wish you could Is combine 2 decks into 1. Still love the app”
“Most of my students are now using this app in the classroom and at home as well to help prep for the ACT, SAT as well as assignments given in class. Thanks for making this!”
(Optional) Upgrades available via in app purchase:
• Remove ads, unlock all features. Monthly or annual subscription.
• Length of subscription (30 days) or (365) days
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of service – https://www.infinitewavemedia.com/tos”
3. Flashcards Deluxe
Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
10/10 – theiphoneappreview.com
App Store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) – for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation – swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website’s public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don’t want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app’s Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Docs, or even your own web server.
“If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive… Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it.” – theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I’ll try to help.
4. Quizlet: Learn with Flashcards
Quizlet is the easiest way to study, practice and master whatever subject you’re learning. Download the app today and join over 60 million students owning their classes with Quizlet.
Create your own flashcard sets or choose from millions created by other students. Test yourself with practice problems and seven study modes that can help you feel more prepared. Solve the toughest textbook problems with Quizlet explanations, millions of step-by-step textbook solutions written by experts and double checked for accuracy. Get personalized study paths and track your progress with the Quizlet Learning Assistant.
With the Quizlet app you can:
– Learn with flashcards
– Get expert-verified textbook solutions for your toughest problem sets
– Share flashcards with friends, classmates or students
– Get test-day ready with Learn mode
– Put your memory to the test with Write mode
– Race against the clock in a game of Match mode
– Learn Spanish and other foreign languages
– Listen to your material pronounced correctly in 18 languages
– Learn about science, math, history, coding and more
Quizlet for Teachers:
– Help your students learn and study
– Make flashcards for any topic
– Help students learn foreign languages, science, math, coding and more
Quizlet is the best flashcards app to help you study and learn. It’s simple to create your own flashcards, or choose from existing ones. Quizlet is the only study guide you need. Download now!
Upgrade to Quizlet Plus to study with textbook solutions, no ads, offline access and even more premium features like image uploading and scanning to create sets.
What our students say when they leave 5-star reviews:
“Best study app ever!!”
“The only app I use when I need to get down to business.”
“Quizlet is by far the best studying app I’ve downloaded. It’s packed full of different ways to study for upcoming tests!”
We love feedback! Please email us at email@example.com or find us on Twitter or Instagram @quizlet.
If you enjoy the app, please leave a review. Thank you!
*The fine print:
5. StudyStack Flashcards
“StudyStack is a fun way to get better grades. Create flashcards using the app or with the studystack.com website. Then study your flashcards, play the games that get automatically created from your cards, and finally quiz yourself to see if you have mastered the information. Share your flashcards with your class and you’ll be the class hero.
When anyone creates flashcards with StudyStack, the app automatically creates other games using the data from your cards. The games include crossword, hangman, matching, and hungry bug. As you complete the different activities, you earn pie pieces. Fill up your pie and you will be ready to reward yourself with a well-deserved treat.
Users of the StudyStack web site can sign in to their existing account to have access to all the flashcards that they have already created. And just like on the website, flashcards created with StudyStack are not limited to just two sides.
With StudyStack you never have to remember to take your stack of indexed cards with you. You already take your phone everywhere; so now you will always have your flashcards with you too. Fire up the app and it will start up right where you left it.
And to become the class hero, share your set with a tweet, text, email, or facebook message. Your friends will be able to view the cards you share using the StudyStack web site or this app.”