If you are looking for the Best Food Journal App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Food Journal App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Food Journal App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Food Journal App For iPhone
1. Ate Food Journal – Daily Diary
Ate Food Journal promotes mindfulness, positive self-talk, and is easy-to-use.
Only 3 taps to log a meal. Try it today!
Ate Food Journal is not about crash diets or restrictive living by calorie counting. It’s about building a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. A better version of one’s self, one small habit at a time. One that is easily maintained and enjoyed in the long run.
Ate increases intuitiveness to help you find food freedom!
Ate makes it easy to:
– Quickly capture meals using photos.
– Reflect on and record the reason for eating.
– Quickly glance at the most recent meal, using Widgets.
– Build sustainable healthy behaviors for lasting change.
– Experiment with new habits, to see what works best.
– Look back on previous eating experiments, to see how it felt.
– Automatically track fasting (IF 16/8).
– Share the journey with friends or a coach.
– Share the day on Social media, if desired.
– Export stats and entries for the past 7-days as a beautiful PDF.
– Share Timeline/Profile via the web (read-only).
– Customize Q&As under meal details for more personalized tracking.
– Use giant Emojis to answer self-written questions for easy selection and fun.
Ate also enables logging and reflecting on other areas of life:
– Record Beverages (Water, etc.), Movement, Emotions, and daily Notes.
– Log Measurements (Body Weight, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar Levels, or Cholesterol)
– Sync it with Apple Health (Water, Movement, and Measurements)
Mindless eating is a thing of the past with Ate!
Start food journaling today with the #1 Mindful Photo Food Journal — Ate!
Ate is a subscription based app with a 7-day FREE trial. See subscription details below.
So why we built Ate?
With all the distractions and stress in our lives, it’s easy to eat mindlessly. Often it’s hard to remember what and why we ate.
Mindless eating has an impact on health — physical, mental, and emotional.
Diets and other quick fixes don’t work in the long run. Sometimes they even cause more stress and frustration.
Ate was built with this in mind. It’s a judgement-free mindful diary that is thoughtfully designed to help increase self-awareness of eating habits, behaviors, and feelings.
Ate is an easy to use food journal built around positive reinforcement. It fits easily into life and is a joy to use. Ate reveals existing healthy behaviors and shows how to turn them into healthy habits. Ate also provides guidance on how to turn unhealthy habits into healthy ones.
Ate worked with health professionals around the world and built this app on journaling techniques that have been proven over decades.
Ate does not run ads.
Ate does not share personal data with others, ever.
Ate respects privacy, as a top priority.
Ate is a subscription app that comes with a 7-day FREE trial.
Sign up for monthly or yearly auto-renewing plans which will start at the end of the FREE trial period. The subscription gives you full, unlimited access to the app- no hidden fees, gated features, or ads. It enables Ate to continuously provide new features and updates, while maintaining a private and secure environment for you to journal in.
Subscription processing is handled by Apple. Your credit card will be charged through your Apple App Store account when you confirm your purchase. Subscription renews automatically at the same price unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription term. You can manage subscriptions in Account Settings in the Apple App Store after purchase. Refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the subscription term.
2. Lifesum: Healthy Eating
Join 45 million users on the journey to better health and discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference in becoming happier and healthier.
Reach your health and weight goals through better eating:
– Deepen your knowledge to empower you to make more conscious nutritional choices
– Learn about healthy eating, not just about calorie counting
– Get a better understanding of which foods you should put more or less of onto your plate
– Get help making the right choices at the grocery store
– Discover how making small changes, like simply switching brands, can have a positive effect on your health
– Find healthier alternatives to your favorite foods
What you can do as a free Lifesum user:
– Follow a Classic Diet and get your calories and macros (carbs, proteins, and fats) tracked
– Easy tracking with barcode scanner and picture recognition
– Get basic food and meal ratings, so you know whether you’re in line with the recommended energy amounts for each meal
– Get a basic day rating to see how well you’re meeting daily intake goals, plus the quality of foods you track each day
– Track your daily habits with water, fruit and vegetable, and seafood trackers
– Track your weight and waist measurements
– Save your favorites – create and save foods, recipes, meals, and exercises (limited)
– Import and export your nutrition data, exercise data, and weight and body measurements to and from the Apple Health app
The added value when you join Lifesum Premium:
– Widest variety of Diets (Ketogenic, Clean Eating, Paleo, 5:2, 6:1, Mediterranean, Scandinavian, High Protein, etc.) and Meal Plans (Vegan for a week, Keto Burn, 3 Week Weight Loss, etc.) to choose from
– Access to our recipe library along with daily recipe suggestions
– Create and save an unlimited number of foods, meals, recipes, and exercises to enjoy one-tap tracking
– Detailed nutritional information (potassium, sodium, fiber, added sugar, saturated fat, unsaturated fat, and cholesterol), so you know you’re hitting the daily recommendations
– Net carb tracking to help you stay on course and below daily limits if you’re following a Keto diet
– Detailed food and meal ratings (“great source of fiber,” “high in sugar,” “low in sodium,” “high in sodium,” etc.) so you know how closely different foods align with your specific goals and preferences
– Adjustable settings for macronutrients, giving you customized recommendations to follow based on your unique needs and preferences
– Body measurement tracking (weight, waist, body fat, chest, arm, BMI) – excellent tools for highlighting your progression to health
– Ability to connect with fitness apps like Withings, FitBit and Runkeeper
– Health Test & Life Score – a weekly health score based on 16 nutrition and exercise measurements, so you understand where you are and what’s next for you to build a healthy lifestyle
Lifesum Premium Subscription (3, 6, and 12 months):
The subscription period will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To turn this function off, simply go to your iTunes account and turn off auto-renew. Renewal payments will differ depending on subscription and pricing at the time of renewal. Your iTunes account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
MyFitnessPal has the biggest food database available, with over 14 million foods to help you accurately log everything you eat.
And with innovative tools like Meal Scan, logging your entire meal is faster than ever. Just point your phone’s camera for real-time, AI-powered results—no food search necessary!
Join our engaged online community of 200 million members for endless inspiration and advice as you strive to lose weight, get fit, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
This is the app for you if you want to feel empowered to make smarter choices … find motivation & support throughout your journey … and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance.
You’ll discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
IT’S LIKE HAVING A DIETITIAN, TRAINER & COACH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
• Log Meals & Activity – Innovative tools make food and workout logging quick & easy.
• Set Goals – Customize your personal weight, nutrition & fitness goals.
• Track Progress – See progress at a glance, or analyze your nutrition in detail.
• Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with daily coaching from Meal & Workout Plans.
• Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh & fun.
• Connect With Community – Find friends, motivation, and support in our active forums.
A CLOSER LOOK AT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Gain Valuable Insights Through Food Logging — Discover which foods fuel you best.
• Biggest Database – Log over 14 million foods.
• NEW! Meal Scan – Our latest logging innovation! Scan & log everything on your plate with your phone’s camera.
• Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add from history, or scan a barcode.
• Calorie Tracker – Automatically calculate calories and see daily progress.
• Macro Tracker – View carbs, fat, and protein breakdown by gram or %.
• Nutrition Insights – Analyze intake and set specific goals for macros & more.
Fully Customize Your App Experience — Choose settings for your personal goals.
• Custom Goals and Personalized Dashboard – Track calories by meal or day, set up macro goals & more.
• Net Carbs Mode – View net carbs instead of total carbs.
• Exercise Calorie Settings – Decide how activity affects daily calorie goals.
• Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your smartwatch & fitness apps, including the Health app.
Build New Habits With 28-Day Expert-Guided Plans — Let us motivate you to eat healthy and get moving.
• Meal Plans by a Registered Dietitian – Nutrition tips & recipes customized for your goals, plus access to our Meal Planner tool!
Cook & Eat for Your Personal Goals — 250+ healthy recipes handpicked by our registered dietitian.
• Goal-Focused Collections – High Protein, Low Carb, Vegetarian & more.
• One-Tap Logging – Add recipes directly to your diary.
Train Like a Pro Wherever You Go — 150+ Self-Guided Workout Routines.
• Full-Length Video Workouts – Countdown timers from warmup to cooldown.
• Built by Certified Trainers – Demo videos, trainer tips & modifications.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
MyFitnessPal is free to download and use. If you upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium, we offer monthly & annual auto-renewing subscriptions.
Payment is charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless you turn off auto-renewal in iTunes Account Settings after purchase, or cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
4. See How You Eat Food Diary App
FOOD TRACKING MADE SIMPLE, FUN & EFFECTIVE:
1. See your daily meals at a glance
2. Easy and simple to use — easy way to log your meals
3. Meal reminders
4. Feel more energetic
5. Get to your healthiest weight
6. Become mindful of your eating habits
7. Easy to track and share your food diary with your coach
With the See How You Eat Food Diary app, you can see at a glance all the meals you’ve had that day, compelling you to make healthy food choices. Photographing your meals encourages you to change your eating habits. Meal reminders help you with regular eating, and you’ll feel more energetic throughout the day.
BENEFITS OF PHOTOGRAPHING MEALS:
• You’ll see at a glance all the meals of the day
• An easy method to log your meals
• Taking photos of meals support mindfulness
• Photo food diary helps you with eating habit change
• Photographing your meals encourages a healthy lifestyle & food choices
BENEFITS OF REGULAR EATING:
• Stay energetic throughout the day
• Weight loss and weight control becomes easier
• Lose cravings for unhealthy foods
• Get rid of sugar cravings
BENEFITS OF EATMINDERS:
• Regular eating means you’re not continuously hungry
• Regular eating means you have more energy
• You have a healthy lifestyle
• You learn intuitive eating by itself
• You become aware of your eating patterns
BENEFITS OF KEEPING A FOOD DIARY:
• According to studies keeping a food diary can double a person’s weight loss
• People who keep a food journal with See How You Eat food diary app report they make healthy food choices, eat more vegetables and pay attention to portion size
• Food tracking has multiple benefits for eating habits change
• Recent studies confirm that photo food tracking raise awareness and change dietary habits
BENEFITS OF VISUAL MEAL SUMMARY:
• Eating habits are more than calorie counting
• Meal plate photo makes you conscious of your nutritional choices; are you having vegetables or not?
• Seeing your daily meal summary, you track are you making healthy choices on your plate at each meal
• No detailed nutritional information is needed to you to see how you are eating
• Save macros, nutrients, measurements, calorie counting, detailed food & meal tracking to fitness athletes
WHY SEE HOW YOU EAT FOOD JOURNAL?
1. Beautiful daily meal college with meal time stamps
2. Food tracker: an easy way to log your meals
3. Automatically more mindful eating
4. Food diary that motivates without gimmicks
5. Stay on track with this eating app
6. Meal reminders to help you with regular eating
7. Premium: planning, tracking & sharing options (export your data)
8. Premium: tracking for water, emotions, activity & progress
9. Simple to export your visual food diary with a professional (coach, personal trainer, nutritionist, or doctor)
10. You become more mindful of your eating habits
11. You are free from endless diets and calorie counting
Whether your goal is to feel better, be more energetic, lose weight, manage your weight, or to learn mindful eating, the See How You Eat food diary eating app helps you succeed. It’s the easiest way to track your meals, and to eat regularly! No reason to go hungry!
Health Revolution Ltd develops simple & easy-to-use food tracking & nutrition coaching concepts. Our mission is to help people discover the basics of balanced eating habits in a way suitable for today’s hectic lifestyle. We are against calorie counting & crash diets. We stand for intuitive eating. Envisioning a world without dieting.
See How You Eat food tracking app offers an auto-renewing subscriptions to provide unlimited access to all SHYE Premium features while you maintain an active subscription.
More about terms&conditions here:
5. Simple Food Tracker Foodility
Please rate our App and provide us feedback on how to improve! We really want to create the best simple food/fitness diary experience for you 🙂[Features]* Simple food and fitness diary without required calorie counting (calorie is OPTIONAL).
* Supports meal, exercise, water, weight, medication, supplement, and mood logs.
* Just write what you want on beautiful and simple expandable sticky notes.
* PDF support for meal, exercise, water, weight and other note types.
* Statistic Charts for water and weight posts.
* Sync data between iOS devices (Account registration required to use this feature).
* Push notification (alarm) to remind yourself of meal, water, exercise and etc.
* Calendar view lets you organize your food and fitness experience.
* Supports both restaurants and custom locations for posting.
* Intuitive and clean posting pipeline that guides you to create an organized food and fitness posts/log. [Premium Version]● Custom Presets for major note types.
● Customizable Tag for “General Note”.
● Customizable calendar dot colors and customizable font style and color.
● Preset tags for “General Note”.
● Flexible PDF Export and Statistics date range.
● All-In-One PDF export.
● PDF Export with photos.
● More exclusive Premium benefits will be added regularly and by requests. [Note for 1 Month / 12 Months Foodility Premium subscription]• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• Terms of Services: https://foodilityapp.github.io/termsofservice.html