If you are looking for the Best Free Activity Tracker App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Free Activity Tracker App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Free Activity Tracker App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Free Activity Tracker App For iPhone
1. ActivityTracker Pedometer
“The interface is clean and clear and will help you set achievable goals for fitness”
— MacWorld – bit.ly/MacWorldTop
“The main iPhone app is pretty and makes it easy to see your key stats, and the Watch app can help motivate you”
— TechRadar – bit.ly/TechRadarTop
ActivityTracker will keep track of your steps, active calories, distance, active time, and flights of stairs climbed just by carrying your iPhone or Apple Watch around, which you already do!
Research has shown that just by being more active you will also be healthier. Not everyone wants a vigorous exercise routine so just increasing your daily activity will get you in better shape. ActivityTracker will auto-magically quantify your daily and weekly activity and motivate you to be more active for free!
• Track your all-day activity without draining your battery (no GPS) or wearing a fitness gadget!
• Track your Steps, Active Calories, Distance, Active Time, and Floors Climbed;
• [New] Set the app to monitor what’s most important for you: Steps, Calories Burned, or Distance (PRO version);
• [New] Set individual Weekly Targets for: Steps, Calories Burned, and Distance (PRO version);
• [New] In-App Events. Get engaged by participating in our new monthly challenges!
• [New] Week Overview graph in Trends, with progress for the current week
• Track your Daily, Weekly and Monthly activities in great detail;
• Track your activity hour-by-hour in the Hourly view. Details such as steps, calories, distance, active time, and floors are shown per hour;
• Long-tap on any day in the Details > Days view to see details per hour for that day;
• [New] Long-tap on any week/month in the Details > Weeks/Months views will get you to the first day of that week/month;
• Since not all days are the same, we prefer a Weekly Target but we will also show you a daily goal based on your target;
• [New] Customize the interface with one of the seven Accent Colors (from which three are free);
• Import/export feature to save your data or move it to another iPhone (PRO version);
• Week Overview to review your last week’s progress at a glance (PRO version).
Apple Watch & Health
• Awesome Apple Watch app with: today’s overview, hour-by-hour stats & last 7 days!
• Independent Watch app for watchOS 6+ with independent Settings
• Synchronize steps between your iPhone, Apple Watch and Health app (PRO version);
• Apple Watch app Complications for at a glance stats on your Watch (PRO version);
• Import your historical data from Apple Health so you can have a complete overview of your activity from day one.
• Awesome Today widget with customizable statistics and colors!
• iMessage app for easily sharing your achievements with friends;
• App badge that shows the steps taken directly on the app icon;
• Full support for iOS 13+ Dark mode. ActivityTracker is actually the first pedometer app to offer a full dark-theme since June 2015!
• Daily & Weekly notifications that can easily be disabled in Settings;
• Progress notifications for target reached and target half-reached (PRO version).
• Streamlined Summary tab gives you an easy way to see your Activity History, Workouts, and Trends.
• View progress toward closing your Activity rings and see all-day Activity metrics like total steps and distance from the Activity app on Apple Watch.
• See details for your Move goal, including active calories, total calories, and a visual graph of your calorie burn throughout each day.
• See details for your Exercise goal, including exercise calories, total active time, and a visual graph of your exercise minutes throughout each day.
• See details for your Stand goal, including number of hours stood and idle hours.
• View your historical workouts from the Workout app or any third-party fitness apps on your Apple Watch. See important metrics from each workout including average pace, distance, calories burned, average heart rate, and more.
• See how your friends are doing and start a competition on the Sharing tab.
• View your Mindfulness activity and summaries of each Reflect and Breathe sessions.
Subscribe to Apple Fitness+ to unlock a new kind of fitness experience—powered by Apple Watch. One that dynamically integrates your personal metrics from your Apple Watch to inspire like no other workout in the world.
Apple Fitness+ is available in the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV—so you can take your Apple Watch workouts to the next level, wherever and whenever you’d like.
• Get access to premium 4K ultra high definition video workouts designed by the world’s most motivating trainers.
• See personal metrics like calories burned and heart rate displayed onscreen right as you exercise.
• Enjoy curated music that’s perfectly matched to your routine’s mood and energy.
• Get access to Time to Walk, a unique audio workout that lets you walk with some of the world’s most interesting and inspiring people as they share stories, photos and songs to keep you motivated and encourage you to walk more often.
• Mix up your fitness routine with dynamic programs like the Guest Trainer series and Artist Spotlight series.
• Find workouts specifically designed for beginners, pregnancy, and older adults.
• Continue your workout while you navigate other apps with support for Picture in Picture.
• Filter workouts by Trainer, Time, Music, and Equipment.
• One subscription includes 6 family members for just 9.99/month – with the first month free – no commitment. Cancel anytime by going to account setting and turning off auto-renew. *Apple Fitness+ not available in all territories.”
3. Google Fit: Activity Tracker
It’s hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. That’s why Google Fit collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that can help improve your health.
Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. You’ll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
SEE YOUR WORKOUTS
Get insights and see stats such as heart rate, speed, pace, route, and more for your runs, walks, and bike rides.
MONITOR YOUR GOALS
See your daily progress on your Heart Points and steps. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
MAKE EVERY MOVE COUNT
All physical activity can help you lead a healthier life, and with Google Fit you can track it all in one place. Working with your favorite fitness apps and devices, Google Fit builds a journal of your activity. And to make sure Fit never misses a workout, you can manually add any activity your other apps didn’t track – from Aerobics to Zumba!
CONNECT WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND DEVICES
Google Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices that are compatible with Apple Health to give you a holistic view of your health, so you’ll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Headspace, and more.
CHECK IN AT ANYTIME, FROM ANYWHERE
See a snapshot of your activity history across Google Fit and your integrated apps in your journal. Or, see the full picture in browse, where you can find all of your health and wellness data.
Learn more about Google Fit and see a list of supported apps at: https://www.google.com/fit”
MyFitnessPal has the biggest food database available, with over 14 million foods to help you accurately log everything you eat.
And with innovative tools like Meal Scan, logging your entire meal is faster than ever. Just point your phone’s camera for real-time, AI-powered results—no food search necessary!
Join our engaged online community of 200 million members for endless inspiration and advice as you strive to lose weight, get fit, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
This is the app for you if you want to feel empowered to make smarter choices … find motivation & support throughout your journey … and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance.
You’ll discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
IT’S LIKE HAVING A DIETITIAN, TRAINER & COACH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
• Log Meals & Activity – Innovative tools make food and workout logging quick & easy.
• Set Goals – Customize your personal weight, nutrition & fitness goals.
• Track Progress – See progress at a glance, or analyze your nutrition in detail.
• Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with daily coaching from Meal & Workout Plans.
• Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh & fun.
• Connect With Community – Find friends, motivation, and support in our active forums.
A CLOSER LOOK AT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Gain Valuable Insights Through Food Logging — Discover which foods fuel you best.
• Biggest Database – Log over 14 million foods.
• NEW! Meal Scan – Our latest logging innovation! Scan & log everything on your plate with your phone’s camera.
• Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add from history, or scan a barcode.
• Calorie Tracker – Automatically calculate calories and see daily progress.
• Macro Tracker – View carbs, fat, and protein breakdown by gram or %.
• Nutrition Insights – Analyze intake and set specific goals for macros & more.
Fully Customize Your App Experience — Choose settings for your personal goals.
• Custom Goals and Personalized Dashboard – Track calories by meal or day, set up macro goals & more.
• Net Carbs Mode – View net carbs instead of total carbs.
• Exercise Calorie Settings – Decide how activity affects daily calorie goals.
• Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your smartwatch & fitness apps, including the Health app.
Build New Habits With 28-Day Expert-Guided Plans — Let us motivate you to eat healthy and get moving.
• Meal Plans by a Registered Dietitian – Nutrition tips & recipes customized for your goals, plus access to our Meal Planner tool!
Cook & Eat for Your Personal Goals — 250+ healthy recipes handpicked by our registered dietitian.
• Goal-Focused Collections – High Protein, Low Carb, Vegetarian & more.
• One-Tap Logging – Add recipes directly to your diary.
Train Like a Pro Wherever You Go — 150+ Self-Guided Workout Routines.
• Full-Length Video Workouts – Countdown timers from warmup to cooldown.
• Built by Certified Trainers – Demo videos, trainer tips & modifications.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
MyFitnessPal is free to download and use. If you upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium, we offer monthly & annual auto-renewing subscriptions.
Payment is charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless you turn off auto-renewal in iTunes Account Settings after purchase, or cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
5. Pacer Pedometer & Step Tracker
“Pacer is like having a walking buddy and health coach in one app. You can track all your activities in one beautifully intuitive interface. And you’ll get motivation and support from our amazing Pacer community. Pacer’s fun challenges, amazing data insights, outdoor routes, personalized fitness plans and guided workouts will help you achieve your unique fitness goals. Be active and feel great anywhere, any time!
Hear what some of our users are saying:
“Really like this highly addictive app…” ~Sparky731
“Best app I’ve ever used helping me lose a few pounds a week…” ~Gerryofkellys
“…I’m just grateful to this app for being a major catalyst to my health and fitness transformation… my husband and I have lost well over 100lbs” ~LaToya M
“…I’ve lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months by just trying to beat my walking distance daily at work. I love the daily goal. Cheaper and better than a gym membership and a 1000x’s more effective!” ~Covette92
GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY FOR FREE
-No wristband or other hardware required. Works entirely from your phone with no additional setup
TRACK ALL YOUR ACTIVITY
-Tracks your steps all day long whether your phone is in your hand, in your pocket, in your jacket, on an armband or in your purse
-Link to Apple Health to track with your Apple Watch
-Records steps, flights, calories, distance and active time
-Use GPS to track your outdoor walking, hiking, running and biking on a map
LOSE WEIGHT & GET FIT
-Track your weight and BMI over time, and correlate changes with your activity and other vitals
STAY MOTIVATED WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS
-Create walking groups with your friends and family to compare daily steps in real-time
-Connect with friends using iPhone or any other smartphones
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
-Stay motivated and on track with day-by-day Goals
-Support and motivate other users who share your goals
***Other Great Features***
-Syncs steps and calories with MyFitnessPal
-Syncs your data to Apple Health App
-Link to Apple Health to sync data from your Apple Watch
-Track your blood pressure along with activity and weight
-Create plans and set daily goals for yourself
-Based on science: track your metrics against standards provided by the World Health Organization, American Heart Association and President’s Fitness Council.
Other apps can track your walks, hikes, runs or workout sessions, but no other app can give you this level of comprehensive activity tracking and insight all on your iPhone with such a simple interface. Before you spend your money on an expensive wearable device, try Pacer first!
And remember, stay active!
***GET BETTER RESULTS WITH PACER PREMIUM***
Unlock powerful tools to help you reach your health goals.
-Scientifically designed guided workouts
-Weight loss coaching program
-Advanced data reports and insights
Subscriptions to Pacer Premium are $9.99 per month or $49.99 for a full year. Pacer Premium subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase.
You can use your iTunes account to subscribe and pay for Pacer Premium. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will renew automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the current period ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and will renew at the same cost. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that service, where applicable.
***Location Based Services ***
This app has an optional feature for more accurate tracking that makes use of iOS’s location based services.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background may dramatically decrease battery life.”
6. Runkeeper—Distance Run Tracker
“Reach your running goals with the ASICS Runkeeper™ app. Track exercise, set measurable goals and see progress along the way—whether you’re just getting into running, training for a race or trying to reach a new personal record, we can help.
MOTIVATION TO MOVE
• Track workouts: Record activities like running, walking, biking, hiking and more manually or with GPS.
• Set goals: Maybe you want to get faster, run farther or lose a little weight. No matter your goal, we’ll help you reach it.
•Listen to audio: Choose the stats you want to hear during your activity like pace, distance, and time (available in five additional motivating voices in English), plus Apple Music and Spotify integration
• Follow a plan: Routines lead to progress. Choose a personalized plan that will help get you out the door, day after day.
• Stay motivated: Join in-app challenges, get exercise rewards, participate in virtual running groups and share achievements.
• See progress: It’s what this is all about. We’ll log your stats to show you how you’re progressing against your running goals.
SYNC WITH EASE
• Apple Watch integration: Leave your phone at home and still track stats.
• Bluetooth connectivity: connect wireless headphones and heart-rate monitors.
• Fitness tracker integration: Connect your Garmin, Fitbit and other styles in seconds.
• Apple Health integration: Connect to share your Runkeeper workout details (including calories, route, and heart rate) to Apple Health and sync your Health measurements to Runkeeper.
• Partner apps: Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal and more.
UPGRADE YOUR PERFORMANCE
Get the Runkeeper GO™ premium membership for more effective ways to reach your fitness goals, from 5Ks to marathons.
Strategize for your next race by taking advantage of tailored race-training plans designed to help you run stronger and faster for race day.
Compare your workouts with a variety of detailed progress insights and live tracking to closely monitor your training along the way.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
7. Sports Tracker for All Sports
“Sports Tracker is the first and the best free, reliable and easy to use fitness app using GPS for tracking running, walking, hiking and other workouts. Sports Tracker has helped millions of runners, cyclists, and fitness fans worldwide. There are over 90 workout types to choose from. Our users love our app and they’ve given us an over 4.5 star rating.
EXPLORE NEW ROUTES ON FASCINATING HEATMAPS
• Explore and find new routes anywhere you are
• Choose your favourite map type (terrain or satellite)
• Plan and follow routes:
– Plan your route beforehand and adjust distance to match your fitness level
– Easily save your favorite routes to run, hike, MTB or bike in any area
– Follow your route in the app to stay on track
– Analyze your route-specific performance with the “On this route” feature
• Discover popular routes and trails from the Heatmaps:
– Find Heatmaps for your sport type: trail running maps, Mountain Bike routes, most common trails in national parks or a new exactly 10K road run in your neighborhood
– See the local’s favourite routes when traveling and discover hidden treasures you wouldn’t find in a travel guide
• Share, export and import any route:
– Export your planned routes as a GPX files to any other services
– Export routes to or import routes from for example your Garmin watch or any other GPS watch
EASILY TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS AND SEE YOUR PROGRESS
• Track distance and pace with Sports Tracker’s accurate GPS
• See how you progress:
– Versatile workout details like duration, distance, pace, avg speed, calories burned, heart rate, recovery and much more
– Set a weekly goal to motivate you towards your fitness targets
– Training diary, weekly, monthly, yearly summaries per activity type
• Great tracking features:
– Turn on the voice feedback while working out to know your distance, duration, speed, pace and more
– Autopause automatically stops GPS tracking when you stop
– Like to workout in the evening? Just turn on the night mode!
– Fully customizable workout view that you can adjust to fit your personal preferences, speed, pace, altitude, distance, duration, heart rate, steps and more
– Use Heart Rate data for better training results (HR Monitor required – available separately from https://www.suunto.com/Products/Heart-Rate-Belts/SuuntoSmartSensor/
• Track reliably and accurately all your sports. Also includes sports like parkour, yoga, dancing and martial arts to mention a few.
STANDALONE APP FOR APPLE WATCH
• Great stand-alone Apple Watch app complete with maps and routes
• Import and monitor wrist heart rate, steps, calories and fitness level targets tracked with Apple Watch
• Two customizable workout views
• Automatically syncs your workouts from the watch to Sports Tracker
MOTIVATION TO MOVE
• Follow and get inspired by other Trackers:
– Follow friends who inspire and motivate you and see their progress on your social feed
– Follow inspiring Sports Tracker athletes
• Motivate each other:
– Encourage friends by commenting and liking their updates, right from your home screen
– Compete against your friends in a Weekly Leaderboard
• Share your workouts, photos and routes on Sports Tracker, WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. You can now customize your workout shares with the stats you choose!
• Prefer private workouts? No problem! There’s no pressure to share and you can keep Sports Tracker as your private fitness diary.
Your training data will always remain safe once you’ve registered as a Sports Tracker user – even if you change or restore your phone. Training history transfers automatically to the new phone, so that all of your progress is still at hand.
Ready to have fun getting fit? Download Sports Tracker today and join the world’s first social sports app community.
Sports Tracker uses HealthKit to export activities from Sports Tracker into the Health app and to read heart rate and biometric data.”
8. Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” – CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” – The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn’t train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly… I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It’s by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5×5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises – and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service – https://help.strongapp.io/article/179-strong-terms-of-service