If you are looking for the Best Free Android Apps 2021 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Free Android Apps 2021 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Free Android Apps 2021, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Free Android Apps 2021
1. Niagara Launcher ‧ fresh/clean
“The traditional home screen we know was made more than a decade ago, where phone screens were smaller than your credit card. Smartphones keep growing, but not your fingers. The minimalist Niagara Launcher makes everything accessible with one hand and lets you focus on what matters.
🏆 A standout new Android launcher for ergonomic efficiency · Computerworld
🏆 Among the best launchers of 2020 according to Tom’s Guide, Android Central, Android Authority, and TechRadar
🏆 Featured on XDA Developers
▌ Top reasons to use Niagara Launcher:
✋ Ergonomic efficiency · Access everything with one hand – no matter how big your phone is.
🌊 Adaptive list · In contrast to a rigid grid layout used by other Android launchers, Niagara Launcher’s list can adapt to your needs. The media player, incoming messages, or calendar events: everything pops in when it needs to.
🏄♀ Wave alphabet · Efficiently reach every app without even having to open an app drawer. The launcher’s wave animation does not only feel satisfying but also helps you navigate your phone with just one hand.
💬 Embedded notifications · Not just notification dots: Read and respond to notifications right from your home screen.
🎯 Stay focused · The streamlined and minimalist design declutters your home screen, reduces distractions, and is super easy to use.
⛔ Ad-free · Ads on a minimalist launcher to declutter doesn’t make sense. Even the free version is also completely ad-free.
⚡ Lightweight & lightning fast · Being minimalist and fluid are two of the most important aspects of Niagara Launcher. The home screen app runs smoothly on all phones. With just a few megabytes in size, no space is wasted.
✨ Declutter your home screen · Hide all pre-installed bloatware and rarely used apps to focus on your relevant apps.
🦄 Personalize your home screen · Impress your friends with Niagara Launcher’s clean look and customize it to your needs. Personalize it with our integrated icon pack, fonts, and wallpapers, or use your own.
🏃 Active development & great community · Niagara Launcher is in active development and has a very supportive community. If you ever have a problem or want to voice your opinions about the launcher, please join us:
🔹 Twitter: https://twitter.com/niagaralauncher
🔹 Discord: https://niagaralauncher.app/discord
🔹 Telegram: https://t.me/niagara_launcher
🔹 Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NiagaraLauncher
🔹 Press kit: http://niagaralauncher.app/press-kit
📴 Why we offer an accessibility service · Our accessibility service has the sole purpose of letting you quickly turn off your phone’s screen with a gesture. The service is optional, disabled by default, and neither collects nor shares any data.”
The app shows you the live carbon intensity forecast in Great Britain, letting you know when the electricity in your home will be cleanest over the next 48 hours to help you plan your electricity usage. The app also offers a full breakdown of the energy sources powering the electricity in your region, shows you about the interconnectors that connect us to the electricity systems of neighbouring countries, and provides live updates as new clean energy records are broken too!
It is powered by carbonintensity.org.uk, the carbon intensity forecasting tool built by National Grid ESO, The Environmental Defense Fund Europe, The University of Oxford and WWF, which also powers National Grid’s Green Light Signal bulb. It also draws from electricitymap.org to pull in interconnector information.
Helping to get Great Britain to net zero
Increasingly, we’re getting more and more of our electricity from renewable sources, which is great news for Great Britain and the planet. But when the wind isn’t blowing and the sun isn’t shining, we rely more on fossil fuels to generate electricity.
National Grid wants to get Great Britain to net zero faster, so we created this app to show you in real time when the electricity coming into your home is generated by zero carbon sources such as wind, solar and nuclear. Because the cleaner the energy, the lower the carbon intensity, which is better for the environment.
What is carbon intensity?
The carbon intensity of electricity is a measure of how much carbon dioxide (CO 2 ) emissions are produced per kilowatt hour (kWh) of electricity consumed. Fossil fuels have a high carbon intensity as they produce more CO 2 . Renewables such as wind or solar produce no emissions, so their carbon intensity is zero.
Use the app often to help guide your energy usage. When your region is being powered by cleaner energy, if you want to charge you electric vehicle or put on a hot wash you can now feel positive that your electricity is powered by clean energy.
About National Grid
National Grid is the company that owns and maintains the major infrastructure that transports gas and electricity across Great Britain. You can think of this major infrastructure as the motorways of pipelines and cables (on pylons and underground) that transmit gas and electricity from where it is imported or generated to the local distribution networks.”
3. Microsoft Translator
“Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for more than 70 languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can also download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel.
• Text translation into over 70 languages*, for online and offline use
• Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
• Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
• Multi-person conversation translation – connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
• Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
• Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
• Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
• View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
• Share your translations with other apps
• Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
• Translate text in other apps through context menu translation
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Arabic (Levantine), Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew , Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish (Central), Kurdish (Northern), Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Norwegian, Odia, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi, Queretaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, and Edge as well as by partners such as Adobe, LinkedIn and more.
*Some features are not available in all languages.”
4. ColorNote Notepad Notes
“ColorNote® is a simple and awesome notepad app. It gives you a quick and simple notepad editing experience when you write notes, memos, e-mails, messages, shopping lists and to-do lists. Taking notes with ColorNote® Notepad is easier than any other notepad or memo pad app.
* Notice *
– If you cannot find the widget, then please read the FAQ below.
– When you’re finished using the notepad, an automatic save command preserves your individual note.
* Product Description *
ColorNote® features two basic note taking formats, a lined-paper styled text option, and a checklist option. Add as many as you want to your master list, which appears on the app’s home screen each time the program opens. This list may be viewed in traditional ascending order, in grid format, or by note color.
– Taking a Note –
Serving as a simple word processing program, the text option allows for as many characters as you’re willing to type. Once saved, you can edit, share, set a reminder, or check off or delete the note through your device’s menu button. When checking off a text note, the app places a slash through the list’s title, and this will be displayed on the main menu.
– Making To-do List or Shopping List –
In the checklist mode, you can add as many items as you’d like and arrange their order with drag buttons activated in the edit mode. After the list is finished and saved, you may check or uncheck each line on your list with a quick tap, which will toggle a line slash. If all items have been checked, then the list’s title is slashed as well.
* Features *
– Organize notes by color (color notebook)
– Sticky note memo widget (Put your notes on your home screen)
– Checklist notes for To do list & Shopping list. (Quick and simple list maker)
– Checklist notes to get things done (GTD)
– Organize your schedule by note in calendar
– Write a diary and journal in calendar
– Password Lock note : Protect your notes with passcode
– Secured backup notes to SD storage
– Supports online back up and sync. You can sync notes between phone and tablet.
– Reminder notes on status bar
– List/Grid View
– Search notes
– Notepad supports ColorDict Add-on
– Powerful task reminder : Time Alarm, All day, Repetition.(lunar calendar)
– Quick memo / notes
– Wiki note link : [[Title]]– Share notes via SMS, e-mail or Twitter
* Online backup and sync cloud service *
– Notes will be encrypted before uploading notes by using the AES standard, which is the same encryption standard used by banks to secure customer data.
– It does not send any of your notes to the server without you signing in.
– Sign-in with Google or Facebook.
* Permissions *
– Internet Access: For online backup & sync notes
– Storage : For backup notes to the storage of the device
– Prevent phone from sleeping, control vibrator, automatically start at boot: For reminder notes
* FAQ *
Q: How do you put a sticky note widget on the home screen?
A: Go to the home screen and hold down your finger on an empty space and choose widget, Color Note will then be desplayed so you can stick on the page.
Q: Why don’t the widget, the alarm and notes remider functions work?
A: If the app is installed on the SD card, your widget, reminder, etc. will not work properly because Android doesn’t support these features when installed on an SD card! If you have already moved the app to an SD card, but want those features, then you have to move the app back on the device and reboot your phone.
Settings – Applications – Manage Applications – Color Note – Move to Device
Q: Where are backed up notes data on the SD card?
A: ‘/data/colornote’ or ‘/Android/data/com.socialnmobile.dictapps.notepad.color.note/files’ on SD card
Q: I forgot my master password. How can I change it?
A: Menu → Settings → Master Password → Menu Button → Clear Password. You will lose your current locked notes when you clear the password!
Q: How can I create todo list note?
A: New – Select checklist note – Put items – Save. Tap an item to strikethrough.”
5. Poweramp Full Version Unlocker
Poweramp does great things. Features like gapless play, an unmatched equalization system, great crossfade, and support for most popular music file format might all make Poweramp the best $5.49 you have ever spent in your life.
If you have not already, try out the free full trial version. The trial version will give you 15 days of the full, uninterrupted, Poweramp experience. That means you get to experience your music like only Poweramp can offer. If you need a few reasons why to buy the full version of Poweramp, here are two good reasons:
– Get all the future updates for free: Once you purchase Poweramp, all the future updates are free to you as long as you have the Unlocker.
– Have a dedicated music player: Poweramp is dedicated to being the best music player available, and we will never change from that. Poweramp is focus on doing nothing more than being a great music player.
Poweramp F.A.Q. –
Full Version/Unlocker/Purchase Issues F.A.Q. –
6. Amazon for Tablets
“With the Amazon app for Android tablets you can easily search across Amazon’s catalog of millions of products to quickly find what you are looking for, browse and shop by department, and check out lightning deals and deals of the day. Product detail pages provide useful product information and allow you to read and write product reviews or share products with friends.
Enjoy features built especially for tablets, including a fun new way to set aside items – press and hold on any product image and fling it to the bottom of the screen. The items are saved in a tray that is available to you throughout the entire app, making it easy for you to get to your set aside items with one tap.
All purchases made on the Amazon app for Android Tablets are routed through Amazon’s secure servers just as they are on the web. And just like the web experience, Android app customers enjoy the same functionalities of the Amazon Shopping Cart, Wish Lists, order history, payment and Amazon Prime member shipping options, and 1-Click settings. Customers are able to shop any of Amazon’s sites around the world from a single app.
** The current release supports Android tablets that are 7″ to 10″ with resolutions from 600×1024 to 1600×2560.
On Android devices with GPS, we access location information only so that we can provide customers with the option to send packages to a nearby Amazon Locker (a feature only available in the US and UK currently). On Android devices with both WiFi and cellular radios, we access the phone only to determine which radio to use depending on the strength of signal. On WiFi only products, this permission isn’t applicable, but Android’s security model requires us to ask on all installations. In order to securely send and receive push notifications on your device (should you choose to do so), we need to use the following permissions: “Receive data from Internet” and “Prevent tablet from sleeping”. We require “Read Contacts” permission to make it easier for you to find and invite friends from your phone address book.
* Microphone access: search Amazon catalogue of products using your voice.
* Install Shortcut & Read Settings: Used to create a shortcut icon for Amazon Cash if customers choose to have one.”