If you are looking for the Best Free Android Apps For Nerds to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Free Android Apps For Nerds that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Free Android Apps For Nerds, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Free Android Apps For Nerds
1. Smart Tools
★★★ The second packaged version (“Smart Tools 2”) was newly released. This app (“Smart Tools”) will continue to be updated, but we strongly recommend that new users purchase the new version. ★★★
Set 1. Smart Ruler Pro : length, angle, slope, level, thread
Set 2. Smart Measure Pro : distance, height, width, area
Set 3. Smart Compass Pro : compass, metal detector, GPS
Set 4. Sound Meter Pro : sound meter, vibrometer
Set 5. Smart Light Pro : flashlight, magnifier, mirror
Set 6. Unit Converter : Unit
For more information, watch YouTube video and visit the blog.
I hope my apps are useful to your SMART Life. Thank you.
* It is a one-time payment. The app price is charged only once.
** This app is not compatible with the devices without a compass sensor (e.g Moto G4, Galaxy J, Galaxy TabA …).
** Off-line support: You can open this app without any connection. After installation, open the app 1-2 times with your device connect to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G.
** This app does not include Map and Exchange rates due to the lack of internet access.”
2. Feedly – Smarter News Reader
Every day, millions of professionals and passionate learners use Feedly on their phones and tablets to follow the blogs, magazines, and other sources that matter to them.
With Feedly, you can easily organize all your publications, blogs, YouTube channels, and more in one place and consume and share more efficiently. No more zig zagging. All the content comes to you in one place, in a clean and easy-to-read format.
People use Feedly to read blogs, learn new topics, and track keywords, brands and companies.
Faster access to lots of different sources of news and information means that you can more easily keep up with important trends in your industry and build up expertise on the topics you really care about.
Because Feedly is connect to more than 40 million feeds, you can really go deep and find the niche content that is specific to your work or passion – this is a big difference from alternatives that feel very shallow and random in the content that is available.
From tech to business, design to marketing, media and beyond, Feedly helps you discover great feeds that you can organize in your feedly and read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, Feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed and read it wherever you go. Just enter the URL of that feed in the search bar or search for it by name.
Feedly offers useful integrations with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest, LinkedIn, IFTTT, and Zapier so that you can easily share stories with your networks and teammates.
We believe in speed and simplicity. We spent a lot of time making sure Feedly is the best free reader available on the Android phones and tablets. The app loads fast and offers a simple and clean reading experience.
The best way to start is to search for a blog, magazine or newspaper you like to read and add it to your Feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can open the search panel and browse some of our popular topics. We help you discover the best blogs for tech, business, food, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, baking, photography and more.
Our mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
Happy reading![We are email@example.com and @feedly if you need support or want to report a bug]”
3. Niagara Launcher ‧ fresh/clean
“The traditional home screen we know was made more than a decade ago, where phone screens were smaller than your credit card. Smartphones keep growing, but not your fingers. The minimalist Niagara Launcher makes everything accessible with one hand and lets you focus on what matters.
🏆 A standout new Android launcher for ergonomic efficiency · Computerworld
🏆 Among the best launchers of 2020 according to Tom’s Guide, Android Central, Android Authority, and TechRadar
🏆 Featured on XDA Developers
▌ Top reasons to use Niagara Launcher:
✋ Ergonomic efficiency · Access everything with one hand – no matter how big your phone is.
🌊 Adaptive list · In contrast to a rigid grid layout used by other Android launchers, Niagara Launcher’s list can adapt to your needs. The media player, incoming messages, or calendar events: everything pops in when it needs to.
🏄♀ Wave alphabet · Efficiently reach every app without even having to open an app drawer. The launcher’s wave animation does not only feel satisfying but also helps you navigate your phone with just one hand.
💬 Embedded notifications · Not just notification dots: Read and respond to notifications right from your home screen.
🎯 Stay focused · The streamlined and minimalist design declutters your home screen, reduces distractions, and is super easy to use.
⛔ Ad-free · Ads on a minimalist launcher to declutter doesn’t make sense. Even the free version is also completely ad-free.
⚡ Lightweight & lightning fast · Being minimalist and fluid are two of the most important aspects of Niagara Launcher. The home screen app runs smoothly on all phones. With just a few megabytes in size, no space is wasted.
✨ Declutter your home screen · Hide all pre-installed bloatware and rarely used apps to focus on your relevant apps.
🦄 Personalize your home screen · Impress your friends with Niagara Launcher’s clean look and customize it to your needs. Personalize it with our integrated icon pack, fonts, and wallpapers, or use your own.
🏃 Active development & great community · Niagara Launcher is in active development and has a very supportive community. If you ever have a problem or want to voice your opinions about the launcher, please join us:
🔹 Twitter: https://twitter.com/niagaralauncher
🔹 Discord: https://niagaralauncher.app/discord
🔹 Telegram: https://t.me/niagara_launcher
🔹 Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NiagaraLauncher
🔹 Press kit: http://niagaralauncher.app/press-kit
📴 Why we offer an accessibility service · Our accessibility service has the sole purpose of letting you quickly turn off your phone’s screen with a gesture. The service is optional, disabled by default, and neither collects nor shares any data.”
4. Moose Math by Duck Duck Moose
“Moose Math engages kids in a mathematical adventure and teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting, geometry and more. While playing 5 multi-level activities in the Moose Juice Store, Puck’s Pet Shop and Lost & Found, kids can earn rewards to help build their own city and decorate buildings. Moose Math introduces a new whimsical group of Duck Duck Moose characters, The Dust Funnies, who help with mastering math skills. Moose Math is aligned with Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and find additional skill-building activities. AGES: 3-7.
Moose Math features 5 engaging math activities:
1) MOOSE JUICE: Make smoothies while practicing counting, addition and subtraction
2) PAINT PET: Match the pets by counting the number of dots
3) PET BINGO: Solve addition, subtraction and counting problems to get BINGO
4) LOST & FOUND: Learn and sort through shapes and colors
5) DOT TO DOT: Help the Dust Funny find his way home by solving number patterns and joining the dots
Kids will learn the following math skills based on Common Core State Standards:
– Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities
– Solve word problems and algebraic thinking
– Practice number pattern recognition
– Count by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
– Master counting to 100
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION:
– Add and subtract by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
– Add and subtract up to 20
– Learn to add and subtract with numbers, dice and rekenrek racks
– Master geometry at Kindergarten and First Grade levels
– Learn to identify and recognize shapes
– Understand and compare lengths
PARENT REPORTING: Includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and learn about new skill-building activities.
DEVELOPED WITH EDUCATORS:
– Developed in conjunction with Stanford University Educator, Jennifer DiBrienza, PhD in –
Early Elementary Education and former NYC public school teacher (K-Grade 2)
ABOUT DUCK DUCK MOOSE
(A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Duck Duck Moose is now part of the Khan Academy family. Like all Khan Academy offerings, all Duck Duck Moose apps are now free, without ads or subscriptions. We rely on our community of volunteers and donors. Get involved today at www.duckduckmoose.com/about.
Check out the Khan Academy app to learn and practice all kinds of topics for elementary school through college and beyond.
We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at www.duckduckmoose.com or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
5. Google Family Link
“Try the Family Link parental controls app from Google. Whether your children are younger or in their teens, the Family Link app lets you set digital ground rules remotely from your own device to help guide them as they learn, play, and explore online. For children under 13 (or the applicable age of consent in your country), Family Link also lets you create a Google Account for your child that’s like your account, with access to most Google services.
With Family Link parental controls, you can:
Guide them to good content
• View their app activity – Not all screen time is the same. Help your child make healthy decisions about what they do on their Android device, with activity reports showing how much time they’re spending on their favorite apps. You can see daily, weekly, or monthly reports.
• Manage their apps – Handy notifications let you approve or block apps your child wants to download from the Google Play Store. You can also manage in-app purchases, and hide specific apps on their device, all remotely from your own device.
• Feed their curiosity – It can be hard to figure out what apps are right for your child, so Family Link shows you teacher-recommended apps on Android that you can add directly to their device.
Keep an eye on screen time
• Set limits – It’s up to you to decide the right amount of screen time for your child. Family Link lets you set time limits and a bedtime for their supervised devices, so you can help them find a good balance.
• Lock their device – Whether it’s time to go play outside, have dinner, or just spend time together, you can remotely lock a supervised device whenever it’s time to take a break.
See where they are
• It’s helpful to be able to find your child when they’re on the go. You can use Family Link to help locate them as long as they’re carrying their Android device.
• Family Link’s tools vary depending on your child’s device. See a list of compatible devices at families.google.com/familylink/setup
• While Family Link helps you manage your child’s purchases and downloads from Google Play, they will not need approval to install app updates (including updates that expand permissions), apps you have previously approved, or apps that have been shared in Family Library. Parents should regularly review their child’s installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• You should carefully review the apps on your child’s supervised device and disable those you don’t want them to use. Note that you may not be able to disable some pre-installed apps.
• To see the location of your child or teen’s device, it must be powered on, recently active, and connected to the internet.
• Teacher-recommended apps are only available on Android devices in the US to parents of children of certain ages.
• While Family Link provides tools to manage your child’s online experience, it does not make the internet safe. Rather, it is intended to give parents choices about how their kids use the internet, and encourage conversations about internet use.”
Goodreads is a free service.
FIND & GET BOOKS
• Scan book covers to instantly read reviews and save it on your Want to Read shelf.
• Get personalized recommendations based on your tastes.
• Browse featured books and genres to discover more books you’ll love.
• See what your friends are reading.
• Buy or borrow books with our convenient links.
TRACK & SHARE BOOKS
• Search, rate, and review any book in our catalog.
• Keep track of books you want to read and have read.
• Add status updates for books you’re currently reading.
• Join the Reading Challenge to help you read more.
• Discuss books through messages, reviews, and groups.
• Recommend books to friends.”
The app shows you the live carbon intensity forecast in Great Britain, letting you know when the electricity in your home will be cleanest over the next 48 hours to help you plan your electricity usage. The app also offers a full breakdown of the energy sources powering the electricity in your region, shows you about the interconnectors that connect us to the electricity systems of neighbouring countries, and provides live updates as new clean energy records are broken too!
It is powered by carbonintensity.org.uk, the carbon intensity forecasting tool built by National Grid ESO, The Environmental Defense Fund Europe, The University of Oxford and WWF, which also powers National Grid’s Green Light Signal bulb. It also draws from electricitymap.org to pull in interconnector information.
Helping to get Great Britain to net zero
Increasingly, we’re getting more and more of our electricity from renewable sources, which is great news for Great Britain and the planet. But when the wind isn’t blowing and the sun isn’t shining, we rely more on fossil fuels to generate electricity.
National Grid wants to get Great Britain to net zero faster, so we created this app to show you in real time when the electricity coming into your home is generated by zero carbon sources such as wind, solar and nuclear. Because the cleaner the energy, the lower the carbon intensity, which is better for the environment.
What is carbon intensity?
The carbon intensity of electricity is a measure of how much carbon dioxide (CO 2 ) emissions are produced per kilowatt hour (kWh) of electricity consumed. Fossil fuels have a high carbon intensity as they produce more CO 2 . Renewables such as wind or solar produce no emissions, so their carbon intensity is zero.
Use the app often to help guide your energy usage. When your region is being powered by cleaner energy, if you want to charge you electric vehicle or put on a hot wash you can now feel positive that your electricity is powered by clean energy.
About National Grid
National Grid is the company that owns and maintains the major infrastructure that transports gas and electricity across Great Britain. You can think of this major infrastructure as the motorways of pipelines and cables (on pylons and underground) that transmit gas and electricity from where it is imported or generated to the local distribution networks.”