If you are looking for the Best Free Android Apps For Runners to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Free Android Apps For Runners that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Free Android Apps For Runners, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Free Android Apps For Runners
1. “Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming”
Marathon training or simply love going for a bike ride? Turn your phone into a sophisticated cycle or running tracker with Strava. Try out a new trail with Strava distance tracker and mile counter or even track running speed. Join millions of active people and reach your goals!
Fitness Training with Strava Activity Tracker: 3 Ways to Train Smarter
1. Record routes, track running & analyze: Track distance, swim pace, cycle speed, elevation gained & calories burned
2. Map your route: Mix up your run, swim or ride with the world’s largest trail network
3. Training challenges: Push yourself with monthly Challenges & compete with others
DISTANCE TRACKER & MILE COUNTER
• Track running, cycling and swimming: Compare your performance over time
• Track distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned on every run
• Mile counter: Use your Android device, Wear OS device or pretty much every GPS device out there
CONNECT & SHARE
• Record routes on your Strava feed so friends & followers can comment & share their own progress
• Your cycle route is the best? Share the route map & photos of your latest bike ride
• Join Clubs of brands, teams and friends for activities and growing communities
• Set your fitness goals and get customizable training plans. Use the distance tracker and set your own time or segment goals
• Get live feedback to help you train safer & perform better
RUNNING TRACKER and TRAINING
• Marathon training hit a plateau? Track distance and boost your performance with running tracker Strava and access tailored plans with Premium
• Turn your device into a personal coach for triathlon or marathon training
It doesn’t stop at running and cycling, you can use Strava activity tracker for a whole range of sports:
• Alpine Ski
• Rock Climb
• Indoor running
• Indoor cycling
• Gym workouts
…and many more!
NOTE ON GPS SUPPORT:
Strava depends on GPS for recording activities. In some devices, the GPS does not work properly and Strava will not record effectively. If your Strava recordings show poor location estimation behavior, please try to update the operating system to the most recent version. There are some devices which have consistently poor performance with no known remedies. On these devices, we restrict installation of Strava, for example the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and the Galaxy Express 2.
See our support site for more information: https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/27141334-Does-Strava-4-x-run-on-my-Android-device”
2. adidas Running – Run tracker
“Make your new years’ resolution to become fitter a reality with adidas running: mile tracker! The leading exercise & activity tracker to log all your fitness activities in one place. Track your activities to meet your fitness goals & running achievements!
STAY MOTIVATED | TRACK YOUR PROGRESS | CONNECT WITH OTHERS
Join over 170m people who use adidas Running: Mile tracker frequently to log & monitor their fitness activities & exercise routines for walking, hiking, cycling, running & other sports. We’re more than just a run & mile tracker. With regular challenges & virtual races, you’ll always be motivated. Keep a log of minutes, miles & calories burned. Download adidas running: mile tracker as your run buddy which is completely free & modifiable according to your needs!
9 REASONS TO LOVE ADIDAS RUNNING
1. Running & fitness activity tracker built for beginners, experienced runners & athletes!
2. Keep track of all your sports activities for free!
3. Built-in GPS tracking, pedometer & mile tracker for accurately tracking distance & performance indicators such as pace, calories etc. on your runs, walks, other cardio workouts & sports!
4. Track duration, miles covered, calories burned, & monitor heart rate data.
5. Theultimate sports tracker: Select more than 90 sports incl. yoga, hiking, cycling etc to monitor, track your progress & accomplish your fitness goals.
6. Participate in virtual races & race at your own pace. Run together with thousands of adidas running users from around the world!
7. Distance, duration or consistency: Choose a personal goal (weight loss, 5k run, 10k run, half marathon, marathon) for running or the sport of your choice.
8. Your fitness community: keep your competitive spirit alive by connecting with others!
9. Health tips & fitness newsfeed: get updated and motivated through our blog posts on fitness topics, your followers’ activities & events around your location
THE ULTIMATE FITNESS TRACKER FOR SPORTS, WALKING, JOGGING, CYCLING & RUNNING
Start running as a beginner & easily track your progress. Go from couch-to-5k in no time! With live GPS tracking & step tracker, you will be able to accurately track your runs, jogs, walks, or cycling. Additionally, you can log your more than 90 sports activities such as yoga, swimming within adidas running for free! Use the adidas Running app on your Wear OS watch to track activities, complete challenges, and check your stats. Monitor your heart rate, vitals, steps & more with Google Fit & Huawei Health
– Personalized training plans for races (weight loss, 5K, 10K, half-marathon, marathon)
– Interval training for running, walking & cycling
– Personal records to mark all your achievements & compete with yourself!
– Auto-pause when you stop moving
– Premium membership foradidas training app
MARATHON / HALF MARATHON TRAINING (premium)
With its accurate pedometer & distance tracker, voice prompts for average pace, calories, nutrition alerts — all you need to focus on is your run. adidas running: mile tracker is a great running buddy for improving performance & building endurance for marathon training. Download adidas running & build your own marathon training plan!
APP USAGE INFO & PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
The adidas Running app is free to download & use. Some features, such as your running training plans, are unlocked only with the purchase of a Premium Membership. Your Membership renews automatically if you do not cancel it within 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. The renewal of your Premium Membership will be charged to your account up to 24 hours before your current Membership expires. The cancellation of an in-app Membership subscription is not permitted. The option to disable the automatic renewal of your Premium Membership is available to you in your Google Play account settings.”
3. Runkeeper – Run & Mile Tracker
“Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting. OVERVIEW • Track Workouts – Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time. • Set Goals – Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there. • Follow a Plan – We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case. • Stay Motivated – Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends. • See Progress – This whole running thing works. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it! TOP FEATURES •Guided Workouts – Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced runner, our ASICS Running coaches push you to reach your fitness goals through a variety of audio-guided workouts that complement your fitness journey. • Running Groups – Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on. • Audio Cues – A motivating voice that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time. • Training Plans – Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way. • Routes – Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS. • Challenges – Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards. • Partner Apps – Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify integration. Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more. • Bluetooth Connectivity – Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions. Also, sync Android Wear, Pebble, and Garmin watches in seconds. • Stopwatch Mode – Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place. • Social Sharing – Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. RUNKEEPER GO (Premium) • Prescribed Workouts – Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you. • Progress Insights – See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey. • Live Tracking – Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.”