If you are looking for the Best Free Anti Theft App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Anti Theft App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Anti Theft App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Anti Theft App For Android
1. Google Find My Device
See your phone, tablet or watch on a map. If current location isn’t available, you’ll see the last known location.
Use indoor maps to help you to find your device in airports, malls, or other large buildings
Navigate to your device with Google Maps by tapping the device location and then the Maps icon
Play a sound at full volume, even if your device is on silent
Erase the device or lock it with a custom message and contact number on lock screen
See network and battery status
See hardware details
• Location: Needed to show your device’s current location on the map
• Contacts: Needed to access the email address associated with your Google account
Find My Device is part of Google Play Protect”
2. Prey Anti Theft: Find My Phone & Mobile Security
“Prey is a tracking, data security and device management app with over 10 years of experience in locating lost phones, laptops, and tablets. Available for Android, Chromebooks, iOS, Windows, Linux, Ubuntu and macOS. All devices are monitored under a single account and manageable from the mobile app or the online panel.
– The Camouflage feature has been recently removed due to restrictions in the Android OSs that don’t allow such functionalities.
– The Power Button Lock feature, it only available on Android versions lower than 9. Android 9 and above include added restrictions that block this functionality.
– This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This allows the Remote Wipe and Lock feature’s function
– This App request access to location data in the background to enable the geo-tracking, geofencing, and location history features even when the app is not in use. While most Android devices will automatically request all necessary permissions, some need additional ones to be granted manually. Check help.preyproject.com for instructions specific to Huawei & Xiaomi devices.
► Control Zones: Create areas on a map that alert device movement in and out of them.
► GPS Geolocation: Pin-point accuracy reflected on a map, with GPS coordinates.
► Location History: Verify device movements in time, and detect suspicious movements.
► Control Zone Actions (Pro*): Activates actions when a device enters or exits an area.
► Anti-mute Alarm: Ring an alarm that can’t be muted.
► Remote Lock: Block the device’s screen with a custom passcode remotely.
► Security Message Alert: Display a message on the screen to alert the user and arrange a return.
THE PREY MISSING DEVICE REPORT
The Report is Prey’s key feature. When a device is marked as missing, Prey gathers crucial evidence to aid the police’s work with:
►GPS Coordinates & Map: Ideal when pointing the police in the right direction.
►Mac Address: With this, and the device’s IP, no one can deny it is indeed your device.
►Pictures: Try to identify the device’s location with surrounding pictures.
►Wi-Fi Neighborhood: See all active connections near your device for better tracking.
►Device and User Information: Check an activity log, receive any modifications.
► Remote Wipe (Pro*): Delete local files and SD on lost devices to guard your privacy.
► File Retrieval (Pro*): Select and retrieve specific files and avoid losing work on lost phones.
► Encryption (Soon): Remotely encrypt data until the device is retrieved.
The Enterprise plan gives access to an upgraded platform with mobile device management capabilities.
► Scheduled Automations (Pro*): Program recurrent, repeating or one-time actions.
► Enterprise Inventory (Pro*): Keep track of hardware, changes, connection and battery.
► Fleet Status Dashboard (Pro*) : View your fleet’s status globally with graphic insight.
► Labels & Grouping (Pro*): Group your devices with custom labels and a robust search engine.
Your privacy and mobile security are our top concern, that’s why we work with OPEN SOURCE code. Your personal information and data is only retrieved or used when requested.
Don’t take our word, take a look at some of our recovery stories:
Our company was born in Chile, with an app that originated in theft itself when the founder’s laptop was stolen. After long, hard work, and many improvements, we grew to become a global solution that focuses on two missions: to help our users worry less about theft, and give them the tools to stand a chance when losing devices, and their data.
Please contact us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions: https://www.preyproject.com/terms/
*Pro features are included in our paid plans.”
3. Lockwatch – Thief Catcher
Find out if someone is snooping around on your phone, or locate the thief that has stolen it.
• Takes a silent photo of the intruder using the front camera when the wrong unlock code is entered.
• Calculates the phone’s location using GPS and WiFi so you can locate it.
• Immediately emails you the photo and GPS location, before the phone is switched off.
• No need for a third-party lock screen. We use the lock screen built into Android.
• The app is very small and only runs when the wrong unlock code is entered.
Lockwatch has helped recover hundreds of lost and stolen phones, and has appeared in numerous TV and online news stories. 😊
Note: You must enter at least four digits or dots for each unlock attempt to be counted. If the correct code is entered within 10 seconds, Lockwatch will not send the email to minimize false alarms.
Lockwatch Premium gives you access to extra features:
• Attach several photos to the email to increase the chance of catching the thief on camera.
• Attach an audio clip to the email so you can hear what’s going on around your phone.
• When anyone inserts a new SIM card into your phone, you’ll get an email notification.
• When the thief turns your phone on, you’ll get an email notification (i.e. when they are home).
HELP – https://bloketech.com/lockwatch/help
This app uses the Device Administrator permission to monitor screen unlock attempts.”
4. Anti Theft Phone Alarm – Free Phone Security
Anti Theft is a security utility app that will give you peace of mind while charging your device or leaving it unattended in public spaces. Anti Theft sets off an alarm if someone moves or unplugs your phone without knowing your unlock code – even if your phone is in silent mode.
If an unauthorized user tries to move or steal your device, Anti Theft will automatically send a photo of this thief to an email you input or an Emergency Contact, along with the current location of the device.
Our users rely on Anti Theft as their must-have security app for charging their phone or tablet in a public area.”