If you are looking for the Best Free Books App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Books App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Books App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Books App For Android
1. NOOK: Read eBooks & Magazines
“Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your Android smartphone or tablet to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital eBook reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, manga and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and robust organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your eBook and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one device to another. The NOOK Reading App syncs across all your devices.
# Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
– Browse the bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, promotions, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions. Over 75,000 free eBooks! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from the Bookstore.
– Enjoy thousands of kids’ interactive picture books. Use the “Read and Record” function and never miss story time, even when you can’t be there in person.
– Download free eBook samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
– Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.
– Sync your books across all your devices. Your NOOK Reading App will give you the option to go to the page where you left off on your last used device and automatically sync your bookmarks, notes, highlights, and more across all devices. You can read on multiple devices and enjoy a seamless reading experience with your eBook reader.
# Rich, Customizable Reading
– Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, background color and screen brightness for more comfortable reading.
– Add notes, bookmarks, and highlights as you read. Share favorite highlights with friends across social networks.
– Organize your Library into custom collections.
– Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
– Use ArticleView™ to easily read magazine articles using customized font settings.
– Enjoy Comics with Zoom View™ for a guided panel by panel reading experience.
– Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Android assistive technology that includes screen magnification and TalkBack.
# Browse NOOK’s eBook Collection:
– For readers who can’t get enough of book series, there’s a fantastic selection of tantalizing romance series, riveting thrillers and mystery series, and mind-blowing sci-fi and fantasy series.
– Explore a wide selection of free or affordable classics, perfect for literary buffs and students taking literature classes.
– Enjoy manga eBooks on your device and have the entire series in the palm of your hands.
– Browse New York Times best-sellers, book club selections, and discover great new authors at the NOOK bookstore.
# One App for the Whole Family
– With Profiles, family members can share an account while still enjoying their own customized NOOK experience.
– Share eBooks, magazines, newspapers, and comics across Profiles—no need to purchase again! Reading position, bookmarks, highlights, and notes are saved to each Profile.
– Child Profiles come with full parental controls, so you control what your child sees.
# Discovery Delivered Daily
– Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
– Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered in free daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
– Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
Free up space and conveniently read everywhere and anywhere with our free eBook reader.
*NOOK account and credit card registration required.”
2. Google Play Books & Audiobooks
Choose from millions of best selling ebooks, comics, manga, textbooks, and audiobooks. Download your book to read or listen on the go. When you’re finished, find your next favorite from recommendations personalized just for you. Buy audiobooks and ebooks as you go – with no subscription required.
Choose from millions of popular ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
* Buy ebooks and audiobooks as you go – no subscription required.
* Preview samples before you buy.
* Get extra discounts on select bundles.
* Receive emails or notifications about new releases from your favorite authors and when your wishlisted books go on sale.
* Earn Google Play Points with every purchase, then exchange them for Google Play credit.
* Receive notifications or emails for price drops in your samples and new releases from your favorite authors and series.
* Discover new releases, best sellers, and personalized recommendations across genres like romance, science fiction, mystery & thrillers, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more.
Best in class reading and listening experience.
* Read or listen on Android, iOS, or your web browser, even when you’re offline.
* Pick up where you left off on any device.
* Customize your reading experience. Adjust the text size, font type, margins, text alignment, brightness, and background colors.
* Track your reading progress. See what percent you’ve read and how many pages you have left.
* Organize your library into shelves. Use the new shelves tab to curate your library by theme or genre. View your shelves across Android, iOS, and the web.
* Save to SD card. Choose to save your books to the device or an SD card, so you never run out of space.
* Use reading tools in children’s books to get kid-friendly word definitions, listen to specific words, or hear the book read aloud.
* Use Bubble Zoom for easier comic reading on a mobile device. Tap the page and watch your favorite comic or manga come to life.
* Take notes that sync with your Google Drive and share them with a group for easy collaboration.
* Look up definitions, get translations, save highlights, and bookmark your favorite pages while you read.
* Turn on Night Light to automatically adjust the background color and brightness or set the app to use the OS brightness.”
3. Amazon Kindle
“READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Built for book lovers, the Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
– Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book before you buy with a free sample.
– Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited to enjoy unlimited reading and listening. Explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines for just $9.99 a month.
– Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
– With Kindle Daily Deals, save up to 80% on a new selection of books every day, including romance, science fiction, non-fiction, and books for young readers.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
– Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
– Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
– Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
– Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
– Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
– Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
– Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
– When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
– Get notified when authors you love have new releases, or when books you’re interested in go on deal.”
4. FreeBooks – Books & Audiobooks
You can download free books. Now the app contains thousands of free e-books and there will be more!
Free audio books
Now you can listen to audio books in the car or any other situation because many free books also have a version of audiobooks. Every audio book can be downloaded and listen to without internet access.
Use a great book reader to read free book. It is very easy to use. Read quickly and change the font size, margins and colors.
Book reader have night mode function to protect your eyes when read at night. Turn night mode to protect your eyes. Dark theme of the app and the ability to customize the font size does not strain your eyes.
Note: all books and audio books come from the public domain”