If you are looking for the Best Free Cad Drawing App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Free Cad Drawing App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Free Cad Drawing App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Free Cad Drawing App For Android
1. Infinite Design
An unparalleled experience
• Infinite canvas (pan, zoom, or rotate)
• Intuitive path editing
• Boolean operations
• Align and distribute objects
• Experiment with four types of symmetry
• Unlimited layers
• Unlimited undo with a history slider; scrub through from start to finish
• Easily construct shapes with the pen tool
• Draw 3D cityscapes with five different perspective guides
• Text tool: horizontal, vertical, circle, or text on path
• It’s simple. It’s organized. It’s out of the way.
• Move your favorite tools to the top bar for quicker access
• Drag out the color wheel with two fingers
• Transform tool: Translate, Scale, Rotate, Flip, Distort, and Skew
• Gradient and Pattern Fill
• Rotate and flip the canvas
• Automatic shape detection
• Grid for reference or snapping
• Vectorize: turn any image into fully editable vector paths
Import and export
• Import and export SVG
• Add images from Gallery, Camera, or search the web
• Export images as JPEG, PNG, or SVG
• Share to Infinite Studio community or Instagram
• Search millions of colors, palettes, and patterns via ColourLovers
Artwork provided by:
Rey zilva Ardiansyah
2. CAD Assistant
If you wish to use this technology for development of customized solutions for your business, contact us at:
Basic CAD model viewing and converting
Basic functionality is provided by CAD Data Exchange component of Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT).
The supported file formats and data are:
– BREP: native OCCT format for shape geometry, topology, and assembly structure.
– IGES (5.1 and 5.3): shape geometry, colors, top-level object names, file information.
– STEP (AP203 and AP214): shape geometry, assembly structure, colors, names, validation properties, file information.
Assembly structure of the model can be navigated through the tree browser. The components of the assembly can be hidden or shown as necessary to inspect the model. The selected sub-assembly or part can be queried for its properties.
CAD model (whole or selected part or sub-assembly) can be exported to any of supported CAD or mesh formats.
Viewing mesh data
Additional functionality is viewing of mesh models with associated data, implemented using the mesh visualization component of OCCT.
Supported mesh formats are:
– glTF is an open standard for 3D assets.
– STL is de-facto standard in 3D printing.
– PLY has capability to store data associated with mesh nodes and elements. If you have in your application a model represented by mesh, it can be saved easily to PLY format and viewed on a tablet. Additional data (RGB color or scalar) can be added to each polygon or node.
– OBJ is standard for 3D animation and supported by most 3D graphics applications.
– JT is ISO standard for efficient visualization of 3D CAD data.
CAD Assistant allows you to view the mesh in wireframe, shaded, and shrink view. If mesh contains associated textures, colors, or scalar data, it can be viewed with elements colored according to the selected property. For scalar quantities interactive color scale is shown, providing controls to manipulate the range of displayed quantities.
CAD Assistant for Android is optimized for devices with multi-touch screen and provides intuitive manipulation of the 3D view by finger gestures.
Left toolbar provides buttons for fitting model to window and choice of standard views. Settings submenu provides access to viewer and application options, file information, and message log.
Files can be opened from local storage (internal memory or SD card). CAD Assistant integrates with Android so that applications supporting file associations will launch it for opening files of relevant types. For instance, you can open STEP file sent to you by mail by simple click on attachment in mail client.
CAD models can be saved in STEP, IGES, or BREP format as CAD data; CAD and mesh models can be saved in PLY, STL, or OBJ format as polygonal data. Save file dialog also allows saving current image of the model to PNG format. If target directory Mail is selected, the mail client will be automatically started with saved file as attachment.
CAD Assistant has been tested to work on a wide range of modern tablets and smartphones. Note however that it is optimized for landscape screen orientation, which might be inconvenient on phones.
Application requires OpenGL ES 3.0+.
Depending on a device, opening large files may take time. Devices with low-range graphic processor could be slow on displaying large models, and system might (silently) close application if model requires more memory than available on device.
See more at https://www.opencascade.com/content/cad-assistant
We welcome your feedback on Google Play or on our User Forum at https://dev.opencascade.org/forums/open-cascade-applications”
3. CAD Pockets – DWG Viewer & Editor
“CAD Pockets is a mobile CAD app that helps collaboration.
You and your team can use CAD Pockets to view, edit and communicate anytime, anywhere.
Now, get rid of the paper drawings and improve your working efficiency.
——–View and Edit——–
CAD Pockets supports editing DWG files and viewing DWF, DXF and PDF files.
Move, Copy, Rotate, Scale, Erase, Mirror, Align, Edit Text, Grip Edit, Block Attribute Edit.
Circle, Polyline, Line, Rectangle, Arc, Text, Insert Block, Smartpen, Image.
Aligned Dimension, Radial Dimension, Angular Dimension, Linear Dimension, Arc Length Dimension, Coordinate Dimension, Perimeter and Area, Distance, Coordinate Query.
2D and 3D views, Regen, Change Background Color.
Revision Cloud, Brush, Text, Multi-image, SmartVoice.
Export to JPEG, PDF or DWF.
Search for text to quickly find the location.
Switches between the Model space and any other Layout space that are included in your drawing.
Create, Rename, Change, Turn On/Off, Delete.
Change the color of the object in the drawing.
CAD Pockets Collaborate Edition helps your team view and communicate drawings online, and supports both the app and web.
Annotate and chat with you team
Assign and remind tasks
Massive cloud space for team
4. AutoCAD – DWG Viewer & Editor
“Take the power of AutoCAD wherever you go!
AutoCAD mobile is a DWG viewing and editing app with easy-to-use drawing and drafting tools.
View, create and edit DWG files on mobile devices – anytime, anywhere. Simplify your site visits with the most powerful CAD app and do real CAD work on the go.
7 Day Trial: Enjoy unrestricted access to all premium drawing, drafting and editing tools.
Current AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT desktop subscribers: Sign in with your Autodesk account to unlock all premium features for FREE.
AutoCAD mobile is accurate, fast, and offers an abundance of features. Upload and open 2D DWG drawings and view all aspects of your DWG file, including external references (xrefs). Extend your workflow across platforms, easily access data and DWGs from your desktop, web browser, and mobile device. You can even work offline without an internet connection, taking your CAD drawings with you in the field and beyond. Simplify your client meetings and construction site visits with the most powerful CAD app and do real CAD work on the go.
An ideal app for architects, engineers, construction professionals, field technicians and contractors. Easy to use as a DWG editor and viewer, regardless of CAD software experience.
– View and edit DWG files from device storage, email, or external cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive
– Create new CAD drawings on the fly
– CAD editor – Modify and mark-up AutoCAD drawings
– Import values from Leica DISTO
– Draw and edit shapes using object snap and keypad input
– Advanced technical drawing and editing tools such as arc, offset and more!
– Select, move, rotate, and scale objects. View coordinates and properties
– Work offline and sync your changes once back online
– Manage layers- create new layers, lock, rename or delete layers
– Blocks- Move and duplicate existing blocks
– Be more productive in the field by working with the latest drawings
– Safeguard drawings in your free Autodesk account or with your own external accounts
– Collaborate in real time and reduce mistakes and re-work
– Replace blueprints at job sites with drawings on your mobile device
– Work seamlessly across platforms- from desktop to mobile and back to desktop
Upgrade to Premium or Ultimate to maintain access to all editing tools.
AutoCAD mobile subscriptions are available in the following options:
– Premium monthly for $4.99
– Premium annual for $49.99 (save $9.89 vs. monthly subscription)
– Ultimate annual for $99.99
– Included free with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT desktop subscriptions
– Available free for Student Autodesk accounts
All new users automatically get a free trial of the premium version for 7 days.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your Google Play account. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Stay connected! Follow us on:
* viewing / drawing & constructing / polygon & patch modeling / texturing / 3d-painting
* intuitive use of multi-touch and motion-sensors throughout
* adapts to almost any Android-device, highly configurable
for examples of models done completely with Spacedraw, see e.g. http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106465&page=2
•change the view while drawing or modeling, using multi-touch or by tilting your device
-up to 4 touch-points, gyroscope / accelerometer
•toggle wireframe, shading, textures, lighting, x-ray, backface cull; hide objects / faces
•perspective / othographic projection
•draw freehand-lines, CAD-polylines & splines in 3d, combine them to complex networks
-rotate the construction-plane while drawing
-adjust splines via anchor-points & handles using multi-touch
•create rectangles, grids, boxes, polygons, prisms, pyramids, discs, cylinders, cones, tori, spheres, helices
-auto-align them to surfaces
•select & transform any number of vertices, edges, faces or objects
-multi-touch lasso & paint selection
-select paths, loops, rings, border, outline
-grow/shrink, invert, convert selections
•move simultaneously in all spatial directions, using two fingers
•rotate freely around all 3 axes, scale, flip objects
-individual / common pivot
•snap to a 3d-grid, points, lines or faces
•link objects hierarchically
•create copies, instances & arrays
•model arbitrary complex polygon meshes, manifold or not
-normals, colors & UVs are retained
•weld vertices (center / target / auto), merge or collapse faces & edges
•extrude or bridge edges & faces
•subdivide regularly, insert edge loops or “draw” edges
•detach, split, slice
•chamfer edges & corners
•”inflate” lines or edges to pipes
-at branchings, the simplest possible joints are created, yielding contiguous manifold surfaces
•”thicken” surfaces to solids
-create manifold objects even from complex constructs
•create “patch-surfaces” from spline-networks
-2-, 3-, 4-sided patches
-adjust them via control-points & handles, using multi-touch
-create smooth surfaces, creases & cusps
-mix patches with polygon-meshes
•place directional-, point- & spot-lights
-adjust color, ambient / diffuse intensity, decay, cone-angle & -falloff
•define materials: diffuse & specular color, shininess, emission, transparency, texture
•assign them to whole objects or individual faces
•assign vertex-colors to faces, edges, vertices, creating gradients
•view & edit normals
•map textures using planar, box, cylindrical or spherical projection, or face / wrap mapping
•adjust the maps directly in the 3d-viewpot, split or weld UVs
•use your own images, or the included over 100 varied materials
-adjust & crop the images
•create procedural textures: gradient, tile, checker, clouds, turbulence
•paint directly on surfaces in the 3d-viewport
•move, resize & zoom “windows” using multi-touch gestures
•choose any color with one grip by moving in the 3d color-space with two fingers
•change the colors & sizes of the interface, pointer, vertices, edges…
•import & export .obj files incl. materials, textures, normals*
•undo any operation, save the full construction-history to a file*
•a status-bar shows hints for using the tools
•a detailed user manual is available, covering all of Spacedraw’s functions
to start using Spacedraw, follow the Quick start tutorial: http://www.scalisoft.com/quickstart.htm
to get help, report bugs, and to suggest features and improvements , see http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143422
~ watch the video in at least 480p to make all details discernible ~
* the free version only saves / exports scenes with up to 1000 vertices, and no history”
“- There is no size limit of opening files. The program supports working with very large drawings through the effective use of memory.
– Opening drawings from the memory card of the device.
– Does not require Internet connection and registration for working with drawings.
– Ability to work with drawings located directly in Google Drive.
– Adding comments and replies (if the drawing was stored in Google Drive).
– The ability to view both 2D and 3D drawings.
– Support for 3D views (including users views).
– Photo-realistic images of 3D models using ray tracing.
– Support layouts and viewports.
– Support external references.
– Flexible settings environment.
– Manage layer settings.
– Full support for visual styles.
– Lineweights support.
– Installing custom fonts and shape files.
– Property inspector
Our goal is to create a full-fledged CAD system, not inferior to their desktop counterparts.”
7. DWG FastView-CAD Viewer&Editor
“DWG FastView is a cross-platform CAD software that meets designers’ demands in all kinds of situation, and fully compatible with DWG, DXF. Various of CAD features such as: Edit, View, Measure, Dimension, Find text, etc. enables you to do real CAD work on the go and enjoy the best mobile CAD experience.
View, Edit, Create & Share all your CAD drawings, synchronize to cloud from multiple devices by one click, enjoy design anytime anywhere together with more than 70 million users around the world.
DWG FastView Highlights
(1) Accurate and fast access your drawings.
•Creating, viewing and editing with easy-to-use advanced tools.
• Supports of AutoCAD all DXF&DWG versions with no file-size limit
• View AutoCAD DWG&DXF file easily.Fully compatibility with AutoCAD.
(2) No registration & Offline drawings.
• Simply download DWG FastView and use it immediately with NO REGISTRATION needed.
• Without internet, you are able to save your masterpieces in the local workspace.
• Drawings from E-mail, Cloud Service or Network Disk like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box or WebDAV can be opened, viewed, edited and shared as well with Internet.
(3) Support export to PDF, BMP, JPG and PNG, and share it to anyone freely.
• Transfer CAD drawings into PDF format and customize its paper size, orientation, color and so on.
•Convert CAD drawings to different versions.
(4) Do real CAD work on mobile.
• Move, Copy, Rotate, Scale, Color, Measure object, record management results, manage layers and use Layout.
• Advanced drawing and editing tools such as trim, offset, dimension and find text.
•Set precision and display formats of coordinates, distance and angle.
• Zoom in or zoom out a CAD drawing by adjusting the space between two fingers.
• Import or download the CAD drawing with its fonts and symbols to the font’s folder in order to display all uncommon fonts.
(5) Easily switch between 2D Visual mode and 3D Visual mode, 3D mode includes: 3D Wireframe, Realistic and 3D Hidden with the powerful tools of Layer, Layout, and ten different perspectives viewing.
• Rotate 3D CAD drawing by touching the drawing area and moving to view the 3D mode comprehensively in 360 degrees. Click the screen to stop rotating and locate the 3D mode at the best perspective.
• Open a magnifier by touching the drawing area to display the enlarged graph of touched area which is a convenient way for users to view details and snap objects.
(6)Precise Drawing available, e.g., user can change the number of the coordinates to move the points precisely.
• Support 2D absolute coordinates, relative coordinates and polar coordinates and 3D Spherical coordinates and Cylindrical coordinates.
• Draw Line, Polyline, Circle, Arc, Text, Revcloud, Rectangle, and Sketch and create Notation.
(7) Stay connected. Helpful and responsive technical support.
Click the “Feedback” button to send your tech problem to us via email.
Upgrade to DWG FastView Premium to get advanced editing and advanced tools. DWG FastView subscription plans are available in the following options:
•Premium monthly for $4.99
•Premium annual for $47.99 (save $11.89 vs. monthly subscription)
Download the FREE trial of the premium version to unlock the most advanced and easy-to-use drawing, drafting and editing tools.