If you are looking for the Best Free Cbt App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Free Cbt App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Free Cbt App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Free Cbt App iPhone
1. BellyBio Interactive Breathing
FOR ADVANCED BELLY-BREATHERS ONLY
BellyBio (Belly Biofeedback) is a triple innovation in deep abdominal breathing, biofeedback and music:
1 – DEEP BREATHING GETS ADDICTIVE
BellyBio generates beautiful music & light perfectly synchronized to your deep abdominal breathing movements, making deep breathing more pleasant and rewarding than ever. You’re going to love playing with your inner balloon.
2 – BIOFEEDBACK GETS SIMPLE
BellyBio turns your iPhone/iPod Touch into a highly-sensitive deep breathing sensor providing a real-time, objective stress-level index based on your breathing pattern. Biofeedback thus becomes more simple and powerful –not to mention affordable– than ever, so you can now know for sure who’s the coolest dude in the neighborhood.
3 – MUSIC GETS BREATHABLE
The first “Abdominal Music Player”, BellyBio makes music play in sync with your breathing, which in return makes your breathing calm down. Is it you who follow the music or the music that follows you? You don’t listen to music anymore, you merge with it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE — Practicing BellyBio will require you to:
a) BE ABLE TO NATURALLY BREATHE DEEPLY AND SLOWLY FROM YOUR BELLY, meaning your belly –and not your chest– must significantly and effortlessly inflate when you inhale and deflate when you exhale. If you can’t, you’d probably better not download this app since nothing is more annoying and ineffective than struggling to achieve deep abdominal breathing (and by the way this will perhaps avoid somewhat angry customer ratings… ;-))
b) PROPERLY POSITION THE iPHONE ON YOUR PELVIS, FACE UP, SO AS TO MAKE IT TILT BACK & FORTH when you breathe deeply in & out from your belly (BellyBio measures the increase/decrease of the angle between the iPhone and your body). The bottom of the iPhone should rest still on your pelvis while the top moves up and down with your lower belly as you breathe in & out.
WATCH THE IN-APP DEMO to see how it works (www.youtube.com/bellybio).
The app is quite heavy (170 Mo) due to the multiformat music base. Wifi is required to download it.
– Several interactive musical themes you can breathe deeply in and out (i.e. have BellyBio play in sync with your deep abdominal breathing)
– One of those themes (“Calmitude pitch”) provides you with a direct audio stress-level feedback through the pitch of the inhaling tone (the lower the stress, the lower the pitch)
– Choice of breathing colors displayed in sync with each in- and out-breath
– Graph showing real-time breathing and stress curves
– Log (date, duration of use, minimum stress, minimum breathrate, Qi production)
– 3D-earth animation showing all BellyBio users on the planet
– Whether you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, the main home button must always be close to your lap, not to your chest.
– Child-proof (successfully tested on 5-year-old with adult assistance)
QUOTES (sort of)
– “All thumbs and navels up!!!” (Buddha, India)
– “BellyBio rests on the belly just like the leaf floats on the sea.” (Lao Tzu, China)
– “Bellissimo BellyBio!” (L. Da Vinci, Italy)
– “To breathe or not to breathe? To breathe, period. With BellyBio!” (W. Shakespeare, UK)
– “I play BellyBio, therefore I stop thinking, therefore I am.” (R. Descartes, France)
– “So cool!” (I. Newton, UK)
– “Makes me wanna compose a dozen sonatas and concertos for BellyBio! Please give me 10 minutes.” (W. A. Mozart, Austria)
– “Even with only one ear, this thing just blew my mind!” (V. Van Gogh, Netherlands)
– “Undoubtedly absolute.” (A. Einstein, Germany)
– “Why didn’t they call it iBelly?” (S. Jobs, USA)
This application is not meant to substitute for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. Should you feel any pain or discomfort, please stop immediately and consult your physician or health professional.”
2. Bloom: CBT Therapy & Self-Care
“Bloom is the easiest & most affordable way to do therapy. Train your mind with personalized daily mental health coaching sessions to manage stress and anxiety, improve sleep, build better habits, foster stronger relationships and improve the quality of life.
We use the power of cognitive-behavioral-therapy (CBT) and combine interactive video classes with journaling and mindfulness exercises to help you improve your mental well-being, boost your mood & cultivate more joy in life.
WHAT USERS SAY
Bloom is considered a cheaper and more discrete alternative to therapy:
“Not everybody has access or can afford a therapist. This is like a therapist in my pocket. Personalized but still private.”
“I love that I can do it at my own time and I don’t have to feel awkward talking to a stranger about my life.”
“It’s an easy and private discrete thing, no one even has to know!”
HOW DOES BLOOM WORK?
Bloom is your personalized journey to a healthy state of mind. Bloom combines digital therapy, guided journaling, and emotional analysis to give you a new hyper-personalized digital therapy experience. Through guided video classes, you will learn new self-care practices to cultivate more joy, happiness, and positivity in your life. Improve your personal well-being, manage stress & anxiety and increase your emotional health.
WHERE IS THE CONTENT COMING FROM?
All our classes are science-backed and bring you the latest research in mental health. Every therapy session is designed & developed together by a leading therapist and best-selling author on CBT.
IS BLOOM SECURE?
Your safety & security are our #1 priorities. All journaling entries are encrypted and saved in the cloud. Nothing is seen by humans. No data is shared with third-parties or outside partners.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Terms of service: https://www.enjoybloom.com/terms
IS BLOOM EFFECTIVE?
Bloom uses cognitive behavioral therapy (“CBT”), the most effective form of therapy to improve mental well-being. Working with CBT techniques doesn’t require an in-person therapist and therefore gives users the power to do it in a guided & self-directed way at their own time. Recent studies show that CBT is as effective as medication.
Bloom users see immediate effect after each session – the App helps them cope with difficult emotions and feel more present, provides them support and inspiration:
“Bloom improves my mood every single time.”
“10 mins of Bloom are like an hour of Therapy.”
“Every time I hear a message, I instantly feel better.”
Bloom is the world’s first digital therapist in your pocket and #1 Self-Therapy app. Get daily guided interactive therapy sessions & exercises to work on your thoughts & behaviors. Join thousands of Bloom users already experiencing
less stress & anxiety, more gratitude and joy in their lives with our:
Daily interactive therapy sessions
Guided CBT journaling exercises
100+ exercises based on cognitive behavioral therapy
Analysis of thoughts & emotions
Personal well-being tracker
CONNECT WITH US!
We’re always keen on getting feedback from you.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Terms of service: https://www.enjoybloom.com/terms
Email us: email@example.com”
3. CBT Companion: Therapy App
Record Mood and Journal, Challenge Automatic thoughts and check if your Predictions come true.
Learn and practice CBT skills using video lessons which helps you to better retain skills.
A growing set of exercises to help you practice your CBT Skills and share the same with your clinician.
Lessons and exercises have fun illustrations to make the learning enjoyable.
Track your progress on how you are doing and get motivated to obtain new skills. Get awards for tasks done towards obtaining new skills or keeping up with one you already know.
Intuitive summary to gain insights.
Over 500 meditations ranging across multiple themes from some of the best teachers in the world.
Clinicians can assign homework (exercises, lessons, meditations etc) using the clinician app and clients can complete and submit them through CBT Companion.
A true companion in your journey toward changing your thought patterns and living a joyful life.
The app integrates with the health app (HealthKit) to read your physical activity, nutrition, sleep and mindfulness minutes and summarize them in the app along with your behavioral health data. The app also integrates with Apple’s HealthKit to record your meditation minutes to Health Kit mindfulness.
Keywords: CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Thought Diary, Mood Journal, Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Stress, Feelings, Emotions, Eating Disorder, Coach, MBCT, Mindfulness, Meditation, DBT
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
*You have a choice of being billed monthly for $9.99/month or a discounted price of $49.99 every six months.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
This is not a substitute for a Therapist or a Medical Professional. It works best when you use as a companion app along with your CBT Therapist / Counselor.
4. CBT Self-Care Journal
With the CBT Self-Care app, you can:
– track your mood on a daily basis
– capture your thoughts and feelings in your journal
– use CBT exercises to identify and reframe your negative thoughts
– achieve mastery of self-care skills that will help you become more emotionally resilient and feel better
The CBT self-care app features:
– 4 CBT exercises to choose from including A-B-C, Socratic Questioning, De-catastrophizing and Challenging Core Beliefs
– Gratitude journal with hundreds of journal prompts
– Progress feature with a daily mood tracker
– Daily wellness check-in
What is CBT?
CBT methods are widely used in therapy against depression, anxiety and other disorders to help identify troubling situations or conditions in your life, become aware of your thoughts, emotions and beliefs about these problems and identify and reshape your negative or inaccurate thinking.
Is CBT effective?
The CBT technique used in this app is scientifically proven to be effective against mild to moderate forms of depression, anxiety, stress, PTSD, and Borderline Personality Disorder.
Terms of Service:
Disclaimer: This self-care tool should not be used as a replacement for professional treatment or guidance. You should consult a medical professional if you are concerned that you may be experiencing mental health issues.”
5. CBT Thought Diary
“If you are struggling with invasive thoughts, anxiety, depression, etc. you need this app!! I feel better after every entry.”
“Amazing, the only thing that’s worked for me!! Such a help to challenge my negative thoughts. I’m feeling 100x better. Give it a go :)”
“This application is vital for my day to day mental health. It’s easier to use than a paper journal and gets to the heart of my usual mental struggles. It’s definitely helped me to be more content with my life.”
* THE BEST JOURNAL APP TO IMPROVE YOUR MOOD *
CBT Thought Diary is a journal with a purpose: it uses effective tools from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Positive Psychology to help improve your mood.
Think of this app as a space to reflect on your thoughts, both positive and negative. Record your mood, reflect on your emotions, practice gratitude, and analyze your thoughts with proven & effective techniques.
Thought Diary will help you evaluate, understand, and change your thoughts and feelings. By using this application, you can work to identify your emotions, analyze how and why you’re feeling this way, challenge those negative beliefs, change your thinking patterns for future situations, and remember positive experiences.
You can use this app as a mood journal, a thought record journal, and a gratitude journal all in one!
Pro Mode Information:
All core features of this app are completely free to use. Pro Mode is an optional subscription that offers more Journals, Assessments, Guides, Insights, Customized Emotions, Extra Notifications, Export, Data Sync, Passcode Protection, and Discover features. Pro Mode is offered as a yearly auto-renewing subscription.
Pricing may vary depending on the country. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. 24 hours before the end of the monthly subscription period, the renewal fee will be automatically charged and the subscription renewed unless auto-renew is turned off beforehand. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off in the Account Settings after purchase.
6. MindShift CBT – Anxiety Relief
Break free from anxiety and stress using this free evidence-based anxiety management app. MindShift CBT uses scientifically proven strategies based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
MindShift CBT is a free self-help anxiety relief app, that helps you reduce worry, stress, and panic by following evidence-based strategies. Using CBT tools, you can challenge negativity, learn more about anxiety, develop more effective ways of thinking, be mindful, and relax.
If you are looking for anxiety, stress, and panic relief, you have come to the right place. Download MindShift CBT for free on your iOS device, learn more about anxiety, practice cognitive behavioral therapy, and reduce the amount of worry, panic, social anxiety, and discomfort from phobias that you experience.
The go-to app for anxiety management
MindShift CBT, the free anxiety relief app, comes with a clean and user-friendly design that allows you to learn and practice CBT strategies in an easy and intuitive way. We have specifically designed the app to be your free and portable go-to tool for anxiety management.
Learn about the different CBT strategies, including writing thought journals, challenging yourself with belief experiments, building fear ladders, and doing comfort zone challenges. Listen to calming audio to reframe your thoughts, practice mindfulness, and stay grounded. Participate in the MindShift CBT Community Forum: share stories, learn about others’ experiences, and provide peer advice in a safe environment. All the exercises are presented in small chunks with plenty of supporting information to help you naturally integrate these strategies with the rest of your life.
MindShift CBT includes additional features that help keep you on track. Stay accountable and track your progress with the check-in feature, which allows you to record and view graphs and journal entries. You can set goals for yourself and get reminders. If you choose to, you can easily export and share your data via email to streamline sessions with any therapists, counsellors, or psychologists you may be working with.
MindShift CBT is completely free, so give it a try and explore the features for yourself!
MindShift CBT is packed with loads of evidence-based and trusted features to help you with anxiety management. With this app, we hope that you will be better equipped to manage anxiety, find relief from panic attacks, overcome your fears, and hopefully, ease your own mind.
MindShift CBT main features:
• Clean, welcoming, and user-friendly intuitive design
• Evidence-based strategies and tools based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) designed for anxiety relief and self-management
• Daily check-in to keep track of your anxiety level and mood
• Easy to follow guides on learning about anxiety
• Facts and tips to overcome general worry, social anxiety, perfectionism, panic attack, and phobias
• Goal setting tools to keep you accountable
• Coping cards and statements to help you ride out your anxiety (and the ability to add your own!)
• Guided relaxation and mindfulness meditations to ground you and give relief
• Belief experiments to challenge the beliefs that fuel anxiety
• Tips and tricks for incorporating healthy habits into your life and minimizing anxiety naturally
• Sharing and data exporting (if you choose) to streamline sessions with your counsellor, therapist, or psychologist
• Community Forum to share your stories and provide peer advice in a safe environment
Download MindShift CBT on your iPhone or iPad now, and get ready to take charge of your mental health and find anxiety relief. Learn to be more mindful, incorporate CBT techniques in your daily life, and stay accountable and motivated on your anxiety management journey.
Stay tuned for more updates, and let us know about any bugs, questions, feature requests, or any other suggestions. We are always looking to improve the app and we appreciate all your feedback!”
7. MY3 – Support Network
“Stay connected to your network when you are in a time of crisis with MY3. With MY3, you define your network, and your plan to stay safe. With MY3 you can be prepared to help yourself and reach out to others when you are feeling suicidal.
Remember, there is hope and a life to look forward to even in your darkest moments – this app can help you get through the difficult moments.
Who are your 3? Is it your sister, your therapist, or your neighbor down the street? Download this app to ensure that your 3 are there to help you when you need them most.
• Create your support system: Simply add the contact information for those who know and care about you and want to help in your time of crisis.
• Build your safety plan toolbox: List some coping strategies, people or places that can provide some distractions or comfort.
• Store your information confidentially: We respect your privacy. Therefore, all your sensitive information is automatically stored confidentially.
• Get support at times of greatest risk: When you’re in crisis and think no hope is in sight, support is right at your fingertips any time of the day.
• Access the National Suicide Hotline 24/7: A crisis prevention specialist is available to help 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
MY3 was developed in partnership between the California Mental Health Services Authority and the Link2Health Solutions. Its development was funded by the voter approved Mental Health Services Act (Prop. 63).”
8. What’s Up? A Mental Health App
“What’s Up? is a fantastic free app utilising some of the best CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) methods to help you cope with Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Stress and more! With a beautiful, modern design, simple heading and easy-to-follow methods, you can get to what helps you the most in seconds!
• 12 common negative thinking patterns and simple methods to overcome them
• 10 great metaphors to help you cope with negative feelings
• A comprehensive diary to keep your thoughts and feelings together in, including the ability to rate feelings on a scale out of 10
• A positive and negative habit tracker. Set goals to practice those good habits while ending the bad ones!
• A catastrophe scale. Put your problems into a better perspective when things are too much
• A grounding game containing over 100 fun questions to help keep you grounded and in the present when stress is taking over
• 3 simple breathing techniques for keeping calm and relaxed
• More than 70 positive quotes, with the ability to add your own and share them with the world!
• Protect your personal data with a passcode
• Sync your data between your devices and back up your data so you never lose it
• Themes, including over 20 different colors to choose from in customizing the app”