If you are looking for the Best Free Construction Calculator App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Free Construction Calculator App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Free Construction Calculator App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Free Construction Calculator App For iPhone
1. Calculator for Contractors
“Designed for contractors of all types, ContractorCalculator is the easiest way to calculate and save important calculations while in the field. Handle on-the-go calculations like square footage, measurement conversions, and fraction math to trade specific calculations like amps to watts, drywall footage, roof footage, and wire size calculations. Once calculated, simply save them to projects to retrieve at anytime.
ContractorCalculator also allows you to store your go-to calculations in your favorites tab and categorize them by project. Users also have quick access to the free invoicing and estimate tool, SimplySend.
Square Footage Calculator
Decimals to Fractions Converter
Amps to Watts Calculator
Wire Size Calculator
Amps by Wire Size Chart
Wall and Paint Footage Calculator
Drywall Footage Calculator
Roof Footage Calculator
Siding and Brick Calculator
2. Construction Calc Pro
“C-Calc Pro is a calculator app designed by, and for construction workers. Unlike a standard construction calculator C-Calc uses the power of the IPhone to create a construction computer. This full function calculator works as a standard calculator but more importantly allows you to work in feet, inches and fractional inches. The calculator also features several other modules for performing material estimates, crown moulding, conversions, area calculations and volume calculations, arcs and archs, trig and triangles, and stairwells and stairs. Contractors, architects, tradespersons, builders and even do it yourselfers will find this app ideal. Features include;
– Add, subtract, multiply, divide, exponent, root and more with measurements in feet, inches, and fractional inches.
– Reduce fractions and fractional inches to their lowest common denominator.
– Convert decimal values to fractions and vice versa.
– 50 memory slots to store, recall, add and subtract memory values. Memory values are shared between all modules as well.
– Split screen shows result, memory, and measurement values all at once.
– Calculate square footage and cubic footage easily.
– Conversions for temperatures, distances, angles, areas and many more built in.
– Help screen and full instructions included in program.
– Estimate drywall, concrete, block, paint, tile, lumber and associated materials.
– Transfer individual estimates to a running estimate sheet where you can keep track of your total as well as email the estimate to a man in the field, to yourself, or to the supplier.
– Calculate surface areas and volumes of a large variety of shapes (including compound objects) for material estimates.
– Crown moulding module built in which supports any spring angle and any wall angle. Actually see the saw settings on your phone.
– Trigonometry calculator included for solving triangles, rise/run, rafters, slope, and more. Triangles are graphically mapped on your phone’s screen to give a visual.
– Advanced arc/circle calculator for solving arcs, radius, circumference, sector areas, sector angles, and circle areas.
– Stair calculator for solving rise, run, unit rise, unit run, # of risers, # of treads, incline, stairwell opening, and stringer length. Drawings are to scale and may be easily printed or saved.
Forget a bulky $100 calculator and simply buy the $10 app. The app will always be on your hip when you need it most instead of in the truck’s glove compartment.
C-Calc Pro has much more to offer in the coming months with free upgrades as well. We take our fellow tradesmen’s opinions very seriously and the app will grow to reflect the people’s opinion.”
3. Construction Calc Pro 6
Enter measurements in feet/inches or metric.
There is no complicated manual to master or instructions to follow, just enter data and get precise results.
HIGH VISIBILITY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT
White on black text, with blue and orange inputs and outputs for high visibility in direct sunlight.
Inputs: Width, Length, Thickness, Density, Wastage
Outputs: Weight, Volume
Inputs: Width, Length, Thickness
Outputs: Weight, Volume
Inputs: Run length, Baluster width, Baluster spacing
Outputs: Qty of balusters, Qty spaces, Baluster spacing (center-to-center), Baluster spacing (edge-to-edge), Measurements to far side of each baluster
BOARD / LINEAL FOOT
Inputs: Thickness, Width, Length, Quantity
Outputs: Board feet, Lineal feet
Inputs: Width, Length, Thickness, Use rebar option, Rebar spacing along width, Rebar spacing along length
Outputs: Volume, 60lb premixed bags, 80lb premixed bags, 10kg premixed bags, 25kg premixed bags, 50kg premixed bags, Rebar required
Inputs: Wall angle (corner of wall), Crown (spring) angle
Outputs: Miter angle, Bevel angle
Inputs: Length at ceiling, Width at ceiling, Tile size, Distance (anchor to drop ceiling)
Outputs: Ceiling area, Ceiling tiles, Perimeter moulding, Main supports, Tee support peices, Wire length (each), Wire length (total), Wire anchors
Inputs: Room width, Room length, Room height, Panel width, Panel height, Include ceiling option
Outputs: Area – surface area. Materials – Drywall panels. Joint compounds – Readymixed, Lightweight readymixed, Setting-type, Lightweight setting-type. Fastener – Drywall nails, Drywall screws. Additional items: Joint tape, Primer, Adhesive
Inputs: Width, Length, Wastage, Square Ft or M per box
Outputs: Total area, Boxes needed
Inputs: Total wall length, Qty of windows, Qty of doors, Qty of corners, Stud spacing (on center)
Outputs: Studs required
LINEAR COST ESTIMATOR
Inputs: Single panel length, Qty of panels, Cost per linear foot, Cost per linear meter
Outputs: Total cost, Total length
Inputs: Wall length, Wall height, Number of coats, Surface type
Outputs: Gallons required, Liters required
Inputs: Run, Pitch (/12″)
Outputs: Rafter length
Inputs: Rise, Run, Angle (Enter rise and either run or angle)
Outputs: Angle, slope, Run
Inputs: Width, Length, Pitch, Sq ft or M per pack, Type, Nails, Safety margin
Outputs: Roof surface area, Packs needed, Nails
SQ COST ESTIMATOR
Inputs: Width, Length, Cost per Sq ft or M
Outputs: Total cost, Total area, Total area (acres)”
4. Construction Calculator
– Elegant & Intuitive interface
– Decimal to fraction converter
– Fraction to decimal conversion
– Displays both the equation & the result at the same time
– Advanced editing by easily going back and forth
– Can be added to Today Screen
Ideal for those who work in construction, woodworking and for students to check up their homework!
If you are looking for more advanced features you can upgrade to one or more of the following:
– Stairs Calculations
– Rafters Calculations
– Work in and convert between all building dimensional formats: feet-inch-fractions, inch fraction, yards, decimal feet (10th, 100th), decimal inches and metric (km, m, cm, mm)
– Multiple themes to choose from
Enjoy the FREE Fraction calculator with, no ads, no prompts & if you like it, support us by upgrading or giving us a positive review.
5. Construction Calculator™
– Quick measurement calculations
– Support fractions and mix decimals
– Results are displayed in feet, inches and centimeters
– Results are marked on a visual tape measure for convenience.
Note: To use the + button, you will need to purchase Pro Features using In-App-Purchase.
Also, try other utility apps from us. We always try our best to create great and useful tools.”
6. Construction Master Pro Calc
For over 30 years the Calculated Industries Construction Master handheld calculator has been the trusted go-to tool by top carpenters and framers all across North America and beyond.
As an app for your phone or tablet it is ideal for busy Architects, Builders, Contractors, Designers, Engineers, Framers/Carpenters and Tradesmen of every specialty — Anyone who works with dimensions who is interested in improving speed, accuracy and productivity.
You’ll actually get two apps in one, since the Construction Master Pro for iPhone has all the functionality of the Construction Master Pro and the Construction Master Pro Trig -– and includes a full User’s Guide built in, as well as the ability to press and hold a key for specific help!
Built with the same core engine that powers the industry-standard advanced construction-math handheld calculators from Calculated Industries.
WHY IT’S A MUST-HAVE TOOL
• Powerful built-in solutions make it ideal for completing layouts, plans, bids and estimates
• Work in and convert between all building dimensional formats: feet-inch-fractions, inch fraction, yards, decimal feet (10ths, 100ths), decimal inches and metric (m, cm, mm)
• Built-in right angle functions simplify square-ups, rafters, slopes and more
• Full trigonometric function: sine, cosine, tangent, arcsine, arccosine and arctangent
• And so much more.
• Entry Editing Backspace Key – with a swipe of a finger (left – to – right)
• Context-sensitive Help — just press and hold any function key for Help text, diagrams, videos
• Ability to Save or Email calculations and outputs (e.g., cut-lists) to File or others on your crew
Dimensional Math and Conversions
• Feet-Inch-Fraction, Inch Fraction, Yards
• Decimal Feet (10ths, 100ths), Decimal Inches
• Preset Fractions (1/2″ through 1/64″)
• D:M:S, Decimal Degree Entry and Conversions
• Full Metric Function (m, cm, mm)
Right Angle Solutions
• Complete Right Angle/Rafter Calculations
• Pitch Key (Slope and Grade)
• Rise, Run, Diagonal/Common Rafters
• Hip/Valley Key
• Jack Rafters Key
• Irregular Hip/Valley and Jacks
• Rafter Cutting Angles (Plumb, Cheek and Level Cuts)
• Stair Layout Key
• Stair (Advanced – Riser Limit, Stairwell Opening, Headroom, Floor Thickness)
• Diagonal Key
• Expanded Rake-Wall
• Arched Rake-Wall
Area and Volume Solutions
• Square and Cubic
• Roof – Bundles, Squares, 4×8 Sheets, Pitch, Plan Area
• Drywall, Siding and Paneling 4×8, 4×9 and 4×12
• Column/Cone Area and Volume
• Basic Circular Calculations
• Advanced Circular Calculations
• Weight per Volume Conversions
• Length, Width and Height Keys
• Blocks, Footings
• Trigonometric Function Keys: Sine, Cosine, Tangent, Arcsine, Arccosine, Arctangent
• Board Feet
• Studs: Find number On-center
• User-Definable Preferences
• Cost per Unit (total costs based on unit price)
• Equal-Sided Polygon
• Compound Miters
• Crown Angle
• Advanced Paperless Tape for all functions
• 4 Memories
And while perhaps obvious, if you change from an iOS device to a non-iOS device, you WILL need to buy a new license as they are incompatible.
Construction Master® is a registered trademark of Calculated Industries, Inc.”
7. DEWALT Tool Connect
Boost productivity and help deter theft with the Tool Connect™ App. Use your device to manage inventory, find lost tools, and remotely control your Tool Connect™ lights with customized settings.
– Inventory List
View your entire inventory on your device. See current status and check items in or out with a tap.
– Out of Range Alerts
Help deter theft. Set a range and get an alert on your device whenever a Tool Connect™ tool moves off the jobsite.
– Locate Tools
Keep tabs on where each tool was last connected to your Tool Connect™ account.
– Community Mapping
Search connected networks to extend your range when looking for a lost tool.
– Customize Settings
Control Tool Connect™ light settings and power on or off all of your lights with a single click.”