If you are looking for the Best Free Diary App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Diary App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Diary App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Diary App For iPhone
1. Alan Mind (Jour) Daily Journal
HEAR IT FROM OUR COMMUNITY
“I’ve found this app to be incredibly therapeutic and recommend it to anyone who wants to better understand themselves”
“I decided to try this app, reluctantly, because I’m not a big believer in self help. But after using it I’m impressed…Such a helpful app”
START FEELING BETTER NOW
If you want to build a healthier and more mindful lifestyle, are facing a difficult or stressful time, want to address any negativity or anxiety in your life, or just want to feel focused and in control: Alan Mind is here to help.
And there’s no need to fear the blank page! With interactive guides tailored to improve confidence, gratitude, and focus or address anxiety, loneliness, and goal-setting, Alan Mind makes the benefits of a journaling practice easy and accessible.
Plus everything you enter in Alan Mind is protected for your eyes only, always. All entries are automatically encrypted and each user can set their own encryption key, for maximum security. We do not sell user data or run ads.
RECOMMENDED BY EXPERTS
Journaling is like yoga for the mind. It’s a healthy, mindful practice, recommended by therapists, psychologists, and leading professionals (like Oprah Winfrey and Tim Ferriss) to improve mood, health, and productivity.
Through it’s guided structure, Alan Mind makes practices used by therapists and CBT experts accessible and interactive. Plus, studies have found that journaling can improve physical and mental health and make you 42% more likely to achieve your goals.
CREATE A PERSONALIZED PRACTICE
Discover quick, daily questions tailored to you, your day, and your mood. Get ready for sleep before bed or for your day ahead in the morning. Or focus on a specific area for growth with a themed, immersive guide.
In Alan Mind’s library of interactive guides, you can find step-by-step approaches to:
– Build a mindful lifestyle where you feel present, aware, and in control
– Find peace of mind and calmness before bed to sleep better
– Practice focus and gratitude to wake up and start your day well in the morning
– Learn positive mental habits to address stress, anxiety, and sadness
– Gain perspective and connect with happiness to combat feelings of loneliness
– Master the rewarding, joyful practice of gratitude
– Improve personal confidence and feel more empowered in your life
– Set goals, track progress, and feel focused and productive as you work to achieve them
Plus, you can easily track your personal progress and wellbeing over time, with your in-app profile or by easily adding the Mindful Minutes you spend with Alan Mind to your Apple HealthKit and CareKit.
ALAN MIND PREMIUM
Alan Mind offers an optional, auto-renewing yearly subscription for $59.99 ($5/month billed annually). Alan Mind also offers a free, 7-day trial of the subscription. You will automatically be charged $59.99 after the trial. You can cancel any time, including during your trial.
This price is in US Dollars (USD). Pricing in other currencies and countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
The subscription automatically renews unless turned off in your iTunes Account at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
– Terms of service: [https://jour.com/terms](https://jour.com/terms)
2. Day One Journal: Private Diary
“Apple’s App of the Year with over 15 million downloads and 50,000 5-star reviews globally. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
New York Times: “It feels almost sacred: A completely private digital space.”
Wired: “Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.”
Macworld: “This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.”
Sweet Setup: “If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.”
Keeping a journal is an act of love. It makes you aware of your surroundings, cognizant of your actions, and open to adapting to all the changes around you.
WHY DAY ONE?
Day One is the journal that redefines journaling. Discover how Day One lets you to capture life as you live it:
==SIMPLE TO USE, EASY TO LOVE==
* Beautiful, award-winning design
* Unlimited text entries for free
* Powerful rich text formatting with markdown
* Different journals for every aspect of your life (Premium)
==PRIVATE AND SECURE==
* Automatic backups to our private servers (Premium)
* Privacy protected with industry leading end-to-end encryption
* Secured with passcode or biometrics
* Export options to ensure your entries always stay yours
==MORE THAN WORDS==
* Unlimited photos and videos (Premium, limited for free)
* Auto-importer for your Instagram posts (Premium)
* Handwritten entries or drawings (Premium)
* Voice recording and transcription (Premium)
==WHEREVER YOU NEED IT==
* In your pocket or on your wrist with iPhone and Apple Watch
* Mac or iPad for long-form writing
* Text message or email straight to your journal
* Safari browser extension to save websites in a click
==BUILT FOR REMINISCING==
* On This Day highlights past memories
* Tags, favorites, and search filters
* Map view to plot your travel
* High quality printed books to flip through
* Integrates with the Health app to track mindfulness minutes
==TYPE LESS, PRESERVE MORE==
* Time, date, weather, step count, added to every entry
* Customizable templates
* IFTTT applets to automatically import from Spotify, YouTube, Strava, Fitbit, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
* Siri Shortcuts to automate more of your journaling
* Share from Apple Photos, Safari, and other apps
==KEEP THE HABIT==
* Reminders through text message or system notification
* Daily journal prompts
* Streaks and calendar view to keep your momentum going
* Today summary to see where you’ve been and what you’ve done
* Instagram, podcast, blog, and Facebook community for inspiration
Download now for free, or learn more at: https://dayoneapp.com
Day One is FREE to use with unlimited entries. Additional features, including unlimited photos, videos, and audio recordings, are available with a Day One Premium membership.
For technical assistance or other inquiries: https://dayoneapp.com/contact/”
3. Personal Diary (Journal) App
“Loving the lighthearted feel of this deceptively powerful app.” – plinkplok (5 stars)
“Exactly what I needed” – (multiple reviews)
Need a simple, free, and easy to use journalling app? Meet Personal Diary!
With no advertisements, limitations nor any upfront cost, Personal Diary is your simplest and best journalling tool yet. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. Write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode & biometric protection. Forgot about your diary? The app can ‘summon’ you back with a friendly nudge. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an optional addition, you can set your mood and the weather, or automatically by an AI if you prefer.
*This app is developed and is managed by Wern Jie, 17.
– Numeric passcode lock (any number of digits).
– Unlock using Touch ID on supported devices.
– Auto-saves as you type.
– Simple & Easy to use.
– iCloud Sync.
– Smart Search.
– Ability to pick a mood.
– Ability to choose the weather of the day.
– Mood & Weather can be automatically chosen.
– Import photos to your entries.
– Select a theme to suite your style.
– Dark Mode support for better night use.
– Simple Rich Text editing supported.
– Daily Notifications for writing in your diary.
– NO Ads & absolutely FREE! 😀
*Some features may not available on the Apple Watch. All features for editing and viewing all your entries such as the Timeline view are fully supported on the watch, except for previewing images.
Don’t forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! 🙂
– Please do not forget your password. If you forget your password and your identity cannot be verified, you may not be able to access your data.
This app allows you to tip/donate to directly support the development of this app through in-app purchases. No new features will be provided when you tip, it’s just to support the app’s development if you would like to. Selecting a Small/Medium/Large Tip will initiate a one time payment for tipping. A Continuous Tip is automatic-renewal subscription to tip every month, and will renew automatically every month unless it’s turned off or cancelled (through your account settings) at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For this, your iTunes account will be charged when payment is confirmed, and charged for auto-renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the selected price.”
4. Simple Diary – Journal Writing
“[Diary] This is simple Journaling and easy-to-use diary app with high functionality!
We have made a simple, most convenient diary app that will allow you to back up without account registration.
So please download and try the best diary app!
■ Pictures can be inserted into sentences (up to 10)
Like a blog, you can insert images between sentences. You can also paste photos taken from the camera roll, images saved by WEB, etc.
■ Secure Passcode Lock
You can lock the app with a password, so if you do not want to be seen by people, you can lock it securely. Of course, it corresponds also to Face ID, Touch ID.
■ Change the theme color
There are 19 theme colors, so you can dress it into a cute theme or cool theme. You can change not only the design of the app but also the icon of the app to put on the home screen. It is a unique feature of this app equipped with latest functions. (It is necessary to make iOS the latest version)
■ Data backup
You can back up important diary data. You can also save it to iTunes or PC, but you can also transfer the diary data to another app (eg Evernote, Dropbox etc). RTFD file can be output, so you can save it carefully.
■ Tag search
Diary search function is attached, you can conveniently search diary by filling in tag. You can easily search many diaries with your favorite words.
■ Adjust character font
You can also reduce or enlarge the size of the texts, you can also adjust the color depth and spacing between texts.
It is nice because you can make it big font size for people who can not read texts well.
■ Reminder function
If you set the time to your liking, the app will do the push notification! You can prevent forgetting to write a diary.
■ You can write a diary many times a day
A single diary a day is also good, but you can write many diaries on a day like a memo or a work record.
■ Advertisement non-display (In App Purchase)
This app will hide ads forever if you charge once.
Please see “Help / FAQ” from the setting screen of the app. If you are unfamiliar with this help, please inquire from ” Feedback” from the setting screen in the app. Alternatively, I hope to contact you by tapping the following App support on this screen.
Even if you write it in the review of the app, it will take time to reflect, so we can not respond quickly. Please inquire from the above app.”