If you are looking for the Best Free Doctor Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Free Doctor Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Free Doctor Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Free Doctor Apps For iPhone
1. Doctor On Demand
“Connect face to face with a doctor, psychiatrist or psychologist through video on your iPhone or iPad. Doctor On Demand by Included Health works with or without insurance and is available at reduced rates through many major health plans and large employers. You’ll always see your cost upfront and won’t receive a surprise bill after your visit.
Doctor On Demand by Included Health’s providers are licensed, board-certified and US-based. With an average patient rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars, our physicians, psychiatrists, and psychologists have experience across many specialities.
From colds to cholesterol, our providers can treat hundreds of issues online through video. Just like an in-person visit, your doctor will take your history and symptoms, perform an exam, and may recommend treatment – including prescriptions and lab work, if needed. Doctors can also access your vitals, such as temperature and blood pressure, through our integration with Apple’s HealthKit. If your employer or school requires a doctor’s note, one can be provided.
Doctor On Demand by Included Health also offers a private space to meet face to face with a psychologist or psychiatrist through video. Choose from a diverse group of therapists and work with them to address what’s important to you from the privacy of home. You can also take a free mental health assessment to find out if you will benefit from talking to us. Our therapy and psychiatry appointments are available in as little as two weeks, much faster than finding a traditional provider.
Here are some examples of how we can support your full mind and body health:
-Cold & Flu
-Urinary Tract Infections
-Acne, Rashes & Skin Issues
-Screenings for High Cholesterol, Diabetes & Thyroid Issues
-Headaches & Migraines
-Stress & Anxiety
-Grief & Loss
Doctor On Demand by Included Health lets you avoid the hassle, wait and cost of a walk in clinic, urgent care or ER. You can chat virtually through video with a doctor 365 days a year–weekends and holidays included.
Below are some frequently asked questions about our app:
When are doctors available?
Our physicians are available, on call, and standing by 24/7/365, weekends and holidays included. You can see a doctor immediately or schedule a visit at your convenience. If you would like to see a psychologist or psychiatrist, you can schedule an appointment 7 days a week.
Is insurance accepted? How much does a visit cost?
Our services are available with and without insurance. We also partner with many top employers and health plans to reduce your cost. See exactly what your visit will cost before you connect.
Who are the doctors?
Doctor On Demand by Included Health’s trusted, US-based, board-certified physicians, psychiatrists and licensed psychologists have an average of 15 years experience and come from diverse backgrounds with a variety of specialties.
How does it work?
Connect face to face with a medical doctor right from your phone in as little as five minutes. Just like an in-person visit, the doctor will take the patient’s history and symptoms, and perform an exam. Doctor On Demand by Included Health also offers a private space to meet with a psychologist or psychiatrist through a video visit from the privacy and convenience of home–or anywhere you are.
What can you treat?
From colds to cholesterol our medical doctors can treat hundreds of issues, including cold & flu, urinary tract infections, allergies, headaches, sprains and skin conditions. They can also order labs and screenings to help with preventative care and help manage chronic care conditions. Doctor On Demand by Included Health’s psychologists and psychiatrists can see you for anxiety, stress, depression, PTSD, trauma and loss, relationships, postpartum and behavioral therapy.
This service is available nationwide, in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.”
“Save time in the prescribing moment
• Rx and OTC monographs: pharmacology, prescribing and safety information, adult and pediatric dosing, adverse reactions, contraindications, black box warnings, pregnancy and lactation considerations, and more
• Drug interaction checker: prevent harmful interactions between up to 30 brand, generic, OTC, or alternative drugs at a time
• Pill identifier: drug guide organized by shape, color, imprint code, etc.
• 600+ dosing calculators, medical equations, and tools
• Formularies: drug coverage information for 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans, by state
• Customizable home screen with drag-and-drop simplicity
Additional features in Epocrates Plus, now just $16.99/month!
• Alternative medicine monographs: dosage, interactions, etc.
• Peer-reviewed disease content from the BMJ
• Labs, ICD-10 codes, and more medical content
Since 1998, Epocrates has helped more than one million clinicians prescribe with confidence, save time, and stay focused on the patient. Rated the #1 medical app 10 years in a row by Decision Resource Group’s “Taking the Pulse.”
3. First Derm Online Dermatology
“Online dermatology service First Derm is an award-winning app, backed by scientific research studies, with over 400,000 users. Our board-certified dermatologists are still better than any artificial intelligence (AI) dermatology algorithm. We save you valuable time finding an answer to your skin concern from searching the internet. This method can be expensive and the waiting time can be costly to your health. However, consulting a real dermatologist with First Derm, is easier and more effective!
Featured on Wired, CNET, USA Today, Forbes and NPR, First Derm is one of the original and largest online dermatology services in the world, serving 160+ countries in 7 languages. Our online dermatologists are board-certified, vetted, and trained in teledermatology. This makes them more efficient, accurate and concise when dealing with your skin concerns.
No need to sign up or create an account. Just download the app for FREE and submit your concern. Get an expert answer on your skin ailment anywhere, anytime, anonymously in your iPhone. Starting at $29.95 (€25/ £20).
***** Why Is First Derm So Popular? *****
RESEARCH-BACKED – First Derm’s technology is backed by 4 peer-reviewed scientific papers and in hospitals.
8-HOUR, 24-HOUR and 48-HOUR RESPONSE TIME GUARANTEED – First Derm responds within hours. 24/7 online customer support.
BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGISTS – Dermatologists on First Derm are board-certified with over 10 years of specialized training at top medical institutions and vetted by a senior medical advisory board.
100% ANONYMOUS – No registration needed. User data is always kept anonymous, encrypted, and on secure servers.
SHARE YOUR ANSWER AND JUMP THE QUEUE – 70% of our users get better with over-the-counter medication. For more serious cases, First Derm recommends a face-to-face with a dermatologist. Use the app to find a dermatologist, pediatrician and pharmacy near you. With an answer from First Derm, our users see a dermatologist two weeks faster than the US average of 32 days.
Common concerns include:
• Virus Related Skin Diseases
• Livedo reticularis
• Folliculitis (ingrown hair)
• Bug bites and insect bites
• Hair loss, alopecia
• Skin cancer, moles, changing moles, melanoma, actinic keratosis
• Cold sores, fever blisters, herpes simplex virus
• Dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, dry scalp, scaly scalp
• Dry skin, chapped skin
• Wrinkles and anti-aging skin care
• STD (sexually transmitted disease) / STI (sexually transmitted infection)
Answers provided by First Derm dermatologists are for informational purposes only to give you peace of mind and what to do next, since you are anonymous, it does not create a physician-patient relationship, and is not a diagnosis or a treatment plan.”
4. HealthTap – Online Telehealth
THE BEST VALUE, WITH OR WITHOUT INSURANCE:
HealthTap offers multiple ways to connect with U.S.-based, board-certified doctors without an expensive and inconvenient trip to a doctor’s office. Our doctors can write prescriptions, order lab tests and analyze results, and refer you to specialists.
Use it in all 50 states, or while traveling abroad to connect with a U.S. doctor.
ONE APP, TWO TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP:
◆ HEALTHTAP PRIME — $15 per month, $39 per visit
• One easy, low price for Primary Care and 24/7 on-demand Urgent Care visits — $39 or your insurance copay (50% savings each visit) through video or text.
• Save up to 75% off prescriptions with HealthTap Prime. Start finding prescription drug discounts at pharmacies near you.
• FREE texting with your doctor available 24/7.
• Exclusive access to Primary Care:
– Choose and keep your own primary care doctor.
– Stay healthy with regular screenings and check ups.
– Manage any ongoing conditions or concerns over time.
• Find doctor care that fits your needs — men’s and women’s health, children’s health, travel medicine, sexual wellness, and more.
• Search millions of trusted answers from 90,000 U.S. doctors across 147 specialties or ask your own anonymous health question and get an answer within 24 hours.
• Instantly understand what may be causing your symptoms and what doctors usually recommend doing with HealthTap AI, our doctor-trained and doctor-assisted chatbot.
• $100 off online therapy visits with our partner, Talkspace.
• Conveniently schedule appointments with nearby walk-in clinics nationwide, including thousands of CVS MinuteClinic locations.
• Store all your medical records securely in one convenient-to-access app without storage limitations. Benefit from personalized care from our doctors who will always tailor their advice based on your profile and history.
• Care for all your children is included at no additional membership cost.
◆ HEALTHTAP BASIC — $80 per visit
• 24/7 Urgent Care — talk with the first available doctor within seconds over video or text chat for advice, prescriptions, test orders, and referrals. Just $80 per visit (retail price) or your insurance copay.
• Like with HealthTap Prime, you can still ask doctors anonymously or search millions of trusted answers, check your symptoms with HealthTap AI, and schedule appointments at walk-in clinics.
WHAT OUR MEMBERS ARE SAYING:
“I’ve been using [HealthTap] for months and now have my primary care physicians through them. Great doctors, great service.”
“Connected with my doctor so quickly! She was so kind and [knowledgeable] and trusting. She offered a great solution and sent the medication right over to my pharmacy! Thank you!!!”
“I’m a Registered Nurse but even sometimes I have medical questions and know that Google isn’t the best source. I love the ‘Ask a Doctor’ section. I also just recently purchased a plan and used the service for the first time. My visit was very easy and less than 10 minutes. I highly recommend [this] service to all!”
PC Magazine – “The next time you have a medical question… try asking the doctors on HealthTap.”
Inc. – “HealthTap’s diversity of patient tools sets it apart from competing tech companies.”
The New York Times – “An App That Saved 10,000 Lives.”
100% SECURE & CONFIDENTIAL:
We take your privacy very seriously. Your visit with the doctor is confidential and HIPAA compliant.”
“Have an MDLIVE virtual doctor visit with board-certified physicians from the comfort and convenience of your own home or from wherever you are, whenever you want – nights, after hours, weekends, and holidays.
MDLIVE also offers behavioral health appointments with licensed therapists and board-certified psychiatrists as well as dermatology services.
You can schedule an appointment at a time and day that’s convenient for you or have an on-demand visit in around 15 minutes.
All MDLIVE doctors are board-certified and state-licensed, with an average of 15+ years of experience. MDLIVE has two National Committee for Quality Assurance certifications and is accredited by the American Telemedicine Association. MDLIVE doctors are also friendly, caring, compassionate, and experts in conducting virtual medical consultations. And best of all, 9 out of 10 people would recommend us to their friends and family members in need of a doctor’s visit.
Great reasons to use MDLIVE virtual doctors:
1. You’re not feeling up to leaving home
2. You want to avoid the high cost of Urgent Care or the ER
3. Your doctor isn’t available
4. It’s after hours, the weekend or a holiday
5. You need a short-term refill on a prescription
6. It’s hard to get to the doctor’s office
7. You don’t want to take time off work or be away from home
MDLIVE doctors treat more than 80 non-emergency medical conditions like these:
• Back Pain
• Common Cold
• COVID-19 Assessment
• Ear Infections
• Pink Eye
• Respiratory Problems
• Sinus Infections
• Sore Throat
• Strep Throat
• Urinary Tract Infections (Females 18+)
• …and more
We also offer treatment and support for a wide variety of behavioral health issues:
• Bipolar Disorder
• Grief and Loss
• LGBTQ+ Support
• Life Changes
• Men’s Issues
• Panic Disorders
• Parenting Issues
• Postpartum Depression
• Relationship Issues
• Stress Management
• Trauma and PTSD
• Women’s Issues
• And more
We treat thousands of people a day with many different conditions, but you should not use MDLIVE if you are experiencing a medical emergency. In addition, we don’t treat sexually transmitted diseases, urinary tract infections in males, or urinary tract infections in females under 18 years of age. MDLIVE also cannot treat children under 3 with a fever and children under 12 with ear pain.
Copyright © 2020 MDLIVE, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
MDLIVE may not be available in certain states and is subject to state regulations. MDLIVE does not replace the primary care physician, is not an insurance product, and may not be able to substitute for traditional in-person care in every case or for every condition.
MDLIVE uses HealthKit and CareKit to pull your medication and allergies automatically, with your consent.
MDLIVE does not guarantee patients will receive a prescription, does not prescribe DEA controlled substances and may not prescribe non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse.