If you are looking for the Best Free Drug App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Free Drug App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Free Drug App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Free Drug App For iPhone
1. Davis’s Drug Guide For Nurses
Try before you buy with a 30-day FREE trial before being charged for a subscription.
Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, Seventeenth Edition, always puts safety first, emphasizing the medical information nurses need to know to administer medications competently and safely. Today’s most comprehensive nursing drug guide contains well-organized monographs for thousands of generic and trade name drugs reflecting the latest FDA approvals and changes.
The SEVENTEENTH EDITION – Life-saving guidance, at a glance :
• Over 5,000 drug monographs covering trade names and generics.
• Organized by generic drug names, with an index that includes generic and trade names, classifications, combination drugs, and herbals.
• Drug-drug, drug-food, drug-natural product interactions.
• Cross-referencing of drugs.
• Herbal content.
• Pedi, Geri, OB, and Lactation cautions.
• IV administration sections.
• REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies).
• Pharmacogenomic content.
• Canadian-specific content.
• Audio pronunciations for drug names.
• Appendices and much more!
APP FEATURES :
• Take personalized notes throughout the app’s drug monographs, color code them; even include images.
• Search gets you the content you need in a flash.
• Bookmarks return you to your most used content with ease.
Please purchase a yearly auto-renewing subscription for $38.99/year to receive content access and continuous updates for the Davis’s Drug Guide For Nurses. Your subscription automatically renews every year, so you always have the latest content.
Terms of Service – https://www.fadavis.com/Termsofuse
The Davis’s Drug Guide For Nurses App is powered by Atmosphere Apps.”
2. Drugs.com Medication Guide
Complete Drugs A – Z listings
Fast search, accurate suggestion engine and the most comprehensive database of drug information available online.
Identify any meds simply by entering an imprint, shape or color. Database updated daily.
Provides a list of interactions that may occur when different drugs are taken at the same time. Also checks food interactions automatically.
Personal Medication Records
Add your medications to instantly assemble relevant medical information in a simple, easy to read personalized format. Access in-depth consumer information, FDA alerts, drug interactions, plus food, allergy and medical condition interactions. An invaluable tool for medication management and adherence.
Save up to 80% on your pharmacy prescriptions with our free drug discount card, accepted at over 63,000 pharmacies nationwide.
Q & A
Ask a specific question about your medication. Search on thousands of questions and answers.
Quick access to all the tools you know and trust.
Many more helpful tools. Quickly redo your recent searches. Try the Symptom Checker. Lookup specialised databases for side effects and dosage information. Not quite sure how to spell a drug name? Use the phonetic search.
Drugs.com does not provide medical or treatment advice. Always consult with a physician.
Follow us on Twitter @drugscom for tips and updates.
Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products. Drugs.com is a multiple Webby Award nominee and attracts more than 24 million U.S. visitors per month.
If you have any feature requests, suggestions or you simply need help, please visit http://www.drugs.com/apps/support/ and our responsive support team will prioritize your request.”
“Save time in the prescribing moment
• Rx and OTC monographs: pharmacology, prescribing and safety information, adult and pediatric dosing, adverse reactions, contraindications, black box warnings, pregnancy and lactation considerations, and more
• Drug interaction checker: prevent harmful interactions between up to 30 brand, generic, OTC, or alternative drugs at a time
• Pill identifier: drug guide organized by shape, color, imprint code, etc.
• 600+ dosing calculators, medical equations, and tools
• Formularies: drug coverage information for 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans, by state
• Customizable home screen with drag-and-drop simplicity
Additional features in Epocrates Plus, now just $16.99/month!
• Alternative medicine monographs: dosage, interactions, etc.
• Peer-reviewed disease content from the BMJ
• Labs, ICD-10 codes, and more medical content
Since 1998, Epocrates has helped more than one million clinicians prescribe with confidence, save time, and stay focused on the patient. Rated the #1 medical app 10 years in a row by Decision Resource Group’s “Taking the Pulse.”
4. Medisafe Medication Management
Now in the U.S.: See crucial drug-to-drug interaction warnings about how your meds might conflict, as well as easily import your meds and prescriptions using Health Records on iPhone from more than 100 hospitals and health systems in the US.
Be safe with your meds – Improper medicine use and dosage tracking leads to:
• 50% of patients not taking medicines as prescribed
• 125,000 deaths a year (one every 4 minutes)
• 700,000 hospital visits a year
• 44 out of 100 prescriptions never picked up at the pharmacy
With Medisafe you won’t put yourself or your loved ones at risk by missing a dosage — or taking a double dose because nobody tracked.
This is the MUST HAVE med app seen on Fox TV, ABC, Mashable, Inc. Magazine, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Life Hacker, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and many more.
CLEAN & SIMPLE: Visual and easy medical manager to handle drug reminders.
HEALTH APP INTEGRATION: Keeps track of your measurements and syncs them to HealthKit app: blood glucose, blood pressure, weight, pulse, temperature and in the US, medications from health records where available.
REPORT SHARING: See your progress report and send it to the doctor or nurse as a visual informative PDF.
FAMILY INTERACTION: Synchronizes the family’s medicine pillboxes to one place, in real time. Manage your entire family from one account!
MEDTONES: Various Medtones to make Medisafe playful and a great addition to your day: have Darth Vader, Dr Evil, Austin Powers, Elsa or your Nagging Mom remind you about your meds.
REMINDERS: Reminds you to take medication doses on time every time, even if your device is asleep. Medisafe has timezone support too! No need to worry while traveling, your reminders are always on time.
REFILL REMINDER: Rx refill reminds you when you need to restock your prescriptions.
COSENTYX® (secukinumab) has recognized Medisafe as a preferred app for patients to manage COSENTYX®
Pharmacists rank Medisafe #1 out of 461 apps they’ve tested, and MyVCM recognizes Medisafe for HIPAA privacy “best practices in managing security and compliance.”
Medisafe is free to download and use. Medisafe Premium upgrades your experience and gives you unlimited Medfriend supporters, unlimited family and friend profiles, access to 20+ health measurements, choice of a dozen Medtone reminder voices, ability to pick color themes and pillbox shapes, and no banner ads for $4.99 a month or $39.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew at your monthly or annual rate unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal settings in the Account Settings after purchase.
Medisafe does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medications or a medical condition.
Pharmacists Rank Medisafe #1: http://bit.ly/2nTjmsI
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Medscape is the leading online destination for physicians and healthcare professionals worldwide. Designed to provide a personalized experience, the Medscape app offers the latest medical news and expert commentary in your specialty as well as drug and disease information, relevant professional education, and CME/CE activities. Access what you need, when you need it — for FREE.
* Get fast, reliable clinical answers all in one place with Medscape Decision Point. Medscape Decision Point combines evidence-based treatment options with trusted expert commentary. Now supporting multiple specialties, including Allergy, Cardiology, Dermatology, Hematology/Oncology, and Neurology.
* Explore, listen, and download podcasts covering the most trending topics in healthcare
* Access 400+ medical calculators, grouped by specialty for quicker and easier use!
* Check out other useful resources including our Drug Interaction Checker, Pill Identifier, step-by-step procedural videos, and more.
* Look up the most current prescribing and safety information on 8500+ prescription and OTC drugs, herbals, and supplements.
* Explore our tailored newsfeed; read the latest medical news and expert commentary in your specialty.
* Stay current with the latest FDA approvals, conference news, late-breaking clinical trial data, and more.
* Earn free CME/CE credits and ABIM MOC points on-the-go, and monitor your progress with our built-in Activity Tracker.
* Access the largest network for physicians and medical students with Consult.
Use your Medscape account to access the Medscape app. Don’t have a Medscape account? You can sign up for free when you download the app—it takes only a few seconds.
Do you have feedback for the Medscape team? Email us at email@example.com”
6. Mosby’s Drug Reference
** Trusted by Health Care Professionals for Over 30 Years **
ABOUT MOSBY’S DRUG REFERENCE
Based on the latest edition, Mosby’s Drug Reference provides health care professionals with the tools they need to eliminate errors and improve accuracy. Drug monographs feature concise, easy-to-understand information and make finding answers easy with sections on each drug’s action, usage, dosage, interactions, side effects, and more. With an emphasis on patient safety, this best-selling app includes Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, Safety Alerts for situations requiring special attention, and a focus on life-threatening side effects of 50 common drug classes.
• More than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled
• Appendix of recent FDA-approvals
• Icons for High Alert and Rarely Used medications
• Highlighted Black Box Warnings, safety alerts, and life-threatening side effects
• Helpful IV therapy updates
• Highlight and make custom notes within entries
• Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• 150+ abbreviations listed for practical understanding
• Unlabeled uses and easily confused drug names
• Full Text Search helps find medications quickly
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
FREE 30-DAY TRIAL: WHAT TO EXPECT
• First-time users can access Unbound’s complete Mosby’s Drug Reference mobile app free for 30 days
• After 30 days, your iTunes account will be charged $44.99 for a one-year subscription unless you have turned off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the free trial ends.
• To manage your subscriptions, open Apple’s “Settings” app and tap on the “iTunes & App Store” entry. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen and login. Tap subscriptions, then tap the subscription you wish to manage.
•NOTE: If you choose not to purchase a subscription, content will no longer be viewable after the free trial period.
iTunes automatic renewal: Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hours prior to the conclusion of your current period. Auto Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged the current renewal rate ($44.99) within 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. If you choose not to renew, you will be able to use the app, however will not receive updates.
Authors: Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
7. Pocket Pharmacist
Pocket Pharmacist features:
∙ Unbiased information (zero pharmaceutical sponsorship and no advertisements)
∙ Drug summaries curated and summarized by a Pharmacist (Doctor of Pharmacy) — focused on drugs approved by the United States FDA
∙ Wicked fast drug search
∙ Super accurate
∙ Easy to understand
∙ Provides interactions and overlapping precautions and side effects
∙ Test your drug and medication knowledge
∙ Unlimited multiple-choice questions and flashcards
∙ The best drug study guide, period.
∙ All your medication information nice and neat
∙ Run interaction checks
∙ Share by print/email with your medical team
Download now for a free trial. Not impressed? Simply walk away. No login required. Nothing to opt-out. Nothing to cancel.
∙ O (The Oprah Magazine)
∙ iPhone Life Magazine
∙ Woman’s Day
In-App Auto-Renewable Subscription Details
– Pocket Pharmacist Monthly and Pocket Pharmacist Yearly include an ad-free experience, access to all current features, drug information curated and summarized by a pharmacist (updated monthly), future features, technical updates, and prompt email support for the duration of the subscription period.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Your subscription will automatically renew at the duration selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
– Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will be the subscription fee you have agreed to.
– You can manage your subscription by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
– If you choose not to renew your subscription, you will no longer have access to the App after the end of the current period.
8. Rite Aid Pharmacy
“Manage all of your pharmacy prescriptions, browse and shop the Rite Aid Online Store, find product savings and coupons, and manage your wellness+ rewards account anywhere or anytime with the official Rite Aid Pharmacy app.
• You can manage your prescriptions, including the ability to refill from your prescription history by entering the prescription number or simply scanning the label on your bottle.
• Enroll to receive and manage Rx reminders and communications. Receive notifications when your prescription is due for a refill or is ready for pickup.
• Link, view and manage family member prescriptions all in one place.
• We’ve made it easy to transfer your prescriptions to any Rite Aid Pharmacy from the convenience of your phone.
WELLNESS+ REWARDS: LOYALTY PROGRAM
• You can manage your wellness+ rewards account, login via FaceID/TouchID, save your card to your Apple Wallet, view your updated BonusCash balance, wellness+ rewards points, and member tier status, as well as access our Load2Card tool, where you can load digital coupons to your account and get these discounts when you check out.
• Browse and shop thousands of your favorite products at the Rite Aid Online Store.
• Locate the Rite Aid store nearest to you using your phone’s built-in GPS or by entering your zip code.
• Find store and pharmacy hours, call directly from the locator, and save your favorite store for future reference.
• Browse the weekly circular for your area with thumbnail page views and zoom functionality.”