If you are looking for the Best Free Ebook Reader App For Android Tablet to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Free Ebook Reader App For Android Tablet that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Free Ebook Reader App For Android Tablet, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Free Ebook Reader App For Android Tablet
1. Amazon Kindle
“READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Built for book lovers, the Kindle app puts millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
– Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, audiobooks, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore new releases, Amazon Charts best sellers, and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book before you buy with a free sample.
– Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited to enjoy unlimited reading and listening. Explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines for just $9.99 a month.
– Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
– With Kindle Daily Deals, save up to 80% on a new selection of books every day, including romance, science fiction, non-fiction, and books for young readers.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your phone or tablet into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
– Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
– Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
– Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
– Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
– Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
– Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
– Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
– When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
– Get notified when authors you love have new releases, or when books you’re interested in go on deal.”
2. Google Play Books & Audiobooks
Choose from millions of best selling ebooks, comics, manga, textbooks, and audiobooks. Download your book to read or listen on the go. When you’re finished, find your next favorite from recommendations personalized just for you. Buy audiobooks and ebooks as you go – with no subscription required.
Choose from millions of popular ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
* Buy ebooks and audiobooks as you go – no subscription required.
* Preview samples before you buy.
* Get extra discounts on select bundles.
* Receive emails or notifications about new releases from your favorite authors and when your wishlisted books go on sale.
* Earn Google Play Points with every purchase, then exchange them for Google Play credit.
* Receive notifications or emails for price drops in your samples and new releases from your favorite authors and series.
* Discover new releases, best sellers, and personalized recommendations across genres like romance, science fiction, mystery & thrillers, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more.
Best in class reading and listening experience.
* Read or listen on Android, iOS, or your web browser, even when you’re offline.
* Pick up where you left off on any device.
* Customize your reading experience. Adjust the text size, font type, margins, text alignment, brightness, and background colors.
* Track your reading progress. See what percent you’ve read and how many pages you have left.
* Organize your library into shelves. Use the new shelves tab to curate your library by theme or genre. View your shelves across Android, iOS, and the web.
* Save to SD card. Choose to save your books to the device or an SD card, so you never run out of space.
* Use reading tools in children’s books to get kid-friendly word definitions, listen to specific words, or hear the book read aloud.
* Use Bubble Zoom for easier comic reading on a mobile device. Tap the page and watch your favorite comic or manga come to life.
* Take notes that sync with your Google Drive and share them with a group for easy collaboration.
* Look up definitions, get translations, save highlights, and bookmark your favorite pages while you read.
* Turn on Night Light to automatically adjust the background color and brightness or set the app to use the OS brightness.”
3. AlReader -any text book reader
“Program is designed for reading fiction book.
– Book reader compatible with Android 1.6+
– read formats: fb2, fb3, fbz, txt, epub (no DRM), html, doc, docx, odt, rtf, mobi (no DRM), prc (PalmDoc), tcr. Supported ZIP and GZ archives.
– It is possible to specify an encoding of reading file (include 932, 936, 949, 950 code page).
– Support Text-To-Speech (TTS) (permission to the calls need to stop tts while calling)
– Support network libraries (OPDS)
– Local library. The selection of authors, series, title, publication year, genre.
– Supported interface languages: russian, english, german, greek, ukrainian, belarusian, polish, chineze, bulgarian, turkish.
– Supported external dictionaries.
– Fb2 and TXT file editing. If a file is in an archive, edited file is unpacked to the same directory as the original one.
– It is possible to select code page for file names in zip.
– Correct hyphenation for 20 languages.
– Four profiles with independent font, color, brightness, gamma correction and indent of text.
– One- and two-page mode with automatic switch to the two-page mode in landscape.
– Configuring of display styles (headings, citations, abstracts, etc.). Each style includes font, color, text style, text size, shadow, indent, spacing and so on.
– Autoscroll “wave” and “slide”.
– 3D paging animation.
– Initial letter to one or two lines of text at the beginning of each chapter or paragraph.
– Independent setting of all items in the status bar and footer for windowed and full-screen mode.
– Support for display of footnotes on the page for fb2- and (most) epub-files.
– The horizontal and vertical alignment of text on the screen.
– Hanging punctuation.
– “Sections from a new page” option.
– Navigation in the text: by percents, by pages, to the beginning/end of the text, 10 pages forward/backward, to the next/previous chapter.
– Table of contents in fb2-, doc- and epub-files.
– 9 tap-zones for short and long taps, gestures, gestures with two fingers, resize text by “pinch”, to assign the actions for buttons.
– Support E-Ink screens. Adaptation of appearance for the E-Ink screens, support of “fast” refresh for many EINK devices.
– Fixation of screen rotation.
– Support 9.png skins with automatic selection of one- or two-page mode.
– Upon selection of embedded texture, background color is taken into account, i.e. mix of textures and colors.
– Clock behind the text.
– Quotes, bookmarks, text labeling, sending the selected text to third-party programs.
– Creating shortcuts for books on the home screen.
– Save / restore program settings / styles / current profile (+fonts, +skins) / text styles.
– Ability to hold screen backlight (up to 20 minutes of inactivity).
– Fine-tuning of various indentations, adjusting software shading of the screen (if minimal hardware brightness level is too high for comfortable use).
– The program collects anonymous statistics of open books for creating the top -100 authors and books. This top -100 is available in program.
– Synchronize reading position via network or file system.”