If you are looking for the Best Free Find My Phone App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Free Find My Phone App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Free Find My Phone App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Free Find My Phone App For iPhone
1. Find My
• View the location of your missing iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, or AirPods on a map. You can locate your device even if it can’t connect to the internet.
• Play a sound to find your device nearby. Put it in Lost Mode to lock the screen and display a message, or erase it remotely to protect your data.
• Use the People tab to share location with friends and family so you can keep in touch, coordinate, or know when a family member has arrived home safely.
• On Apple Watch, use the Find People app to share your location with friends and family members.”
2. Find My iPhone
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for iOS 9:
• View your current location and the location of your missing device on the same map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
How Your Data is used
When you use Find My iPhone, your device’s location, as well as information about your device and your account will be sent to and retained by Apple so Apple can provide you with the service. Your device’s location is only sent to Apple if you actively request the location of a device or accessory. If you choose to enable the Send Last Location feature, your device’s last known location will be automatically sent to Apple any time your device’s battery reaches a critically low level. Apple retains location information and makes it accessible to you for 24 hours, after which it is deleted.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.”
3. Find my Phone – Family Locator
• Get notified when tracked family members reach destination points
• Setup GPS-based safe zones such as school, or home on the family map
• Create your own groups in the app
With Family Locator you can also:
• See the location history of family members during the past 7 days
• Locate a stolen or find a lost phone if the app has been installed before
Family Locator app keeps your family secure:
• The family locator app lets you find your loved ones easily with augmented reality
• Keeps you on the family map even if you are busy
• Check-in to share your location with family
Although you can get the complete functionality with a free version, our subscription can offer you even more of the good stuff!
Premium available by subscription includes:
– Unlimited number of location alerts
– Location history for all family members
The following subscription options are available: Quarterly at $39.99 and Weekly at $14.99. Prices may vary by location. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your phone’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered), will be forfeited when the user purchases another subscription.
Optional permission requests:
• Location services, to inform family of your current location
• Notifications, to inform you of your family’s location changes
• Contacts, to find other users to join your circle
• Photos and Camera, to change your profile picture
• App tracking, to show relevant ads
Please note, GPS location sharing is only possible upon mutual consent of all members. Privacy of your family is the top concern for us – share your location only with people you trust.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Please share your feedback and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org”
4. “FindMe: Find My Friends, Phone”
– view the exact location of your friends or family members on the map
– browse through their travel history
– get timely notifications when they arrive at a certain place or leave it
– create different circles for your friends and family
– invite as many people as you want to your circles
– mark your favorite places on the map using presets (like Work, Home or School) or specify your own (e.g. restaurants, cinemas, your secret hiding places – whatever you like)
– keep track of the battery level of your friends and relatives, and get notified when they’re low on battery charge
– share your own battery charge level
– share your location to the circle members (or disable the location sharing if you don’t want to)
– track down a phone in case it was lost or stolen
– tell your circle members your exact location by using the Check In button
– send help alert to everyone in your circle right from the app (all your circle members will be notified immediately)
– choose different icons for your places (e.g. gym, cinema, restaurant)
– use group chats to communicate with your circle members
You can use the app without registering your account. Note: If you’re not registered, your data will be stored only on your current device and cannot be restored on another one.
Please note that continuous use of location services in the background can drastically decrease battery life.
Information about the auto-renewal of subscription:
– Subscription with a free trial period will be automatically renewed to a paid subscription
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost depends on the selected plan
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of the free trial will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
The following subscription plans are available (price may vary depending on location):
• 1-month subscription with 3-day trial version
• 1-year subscription with 3-day trial version
5. Prey Find my Phone Tracker GPS
“WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK
Getting your iPhone stolen sucks. Prey Anti-Theft is the ultimate find my phone tracker and mobile security solution available to find, locate and protect your iPhone or iPad whether they get lost or stolen. Safeguard your privacy and keep track of your devices for FREE.
With Prey anti-theft mobile security you can protect up to 3 devices from a single account, on your account’s Web Panel. Get a FREE account today or consider our PREMIUM plans for wider coverages.
MOBILE SECURITY & FIND MY PHONE FEATURES
– GPS Geolocation: Map the location to find your iPhone or iPad
– Control Zones: Mark an area on a map, and get alerts when your mobile devices enter or leave it.
– Security Alarm: It will ring like gangbusters, even if your mobile device’s sound is silenced.
– Front and Back Camera: Take silent snaps and discover who is holding your iPhone device.
– Camouflage: Disguise the app on your device and encourage the thief’s interaction.
– Message Alert: Display a message on the screen to contact the current user.
THE PREY MISSING DEVICE REPORT
Prey isn’t only a robust Find My iPhone alternative, but the most thorough phone tracker and recovery tool around. Whenever your device goes missing, you will receive detailed reports with all the evidence the police needs to recover your iOS device.
– GPS tracking coordinates to point the police to a precise building.
– Mac Address and the device’s IP to confirm it is indeed your device.
– Pictures to identify the thief or new user.
– Wi-Fi Neighborhood to scan all active networks near your device for better tracking.
– Device and User Information with an Activity & Modifications log.
Over 6 million users chose Prey mobile security to protect their personal devices, business assets, and all of their information. Don’t take our word, take a look at some of our recovery stories.
Your privacy and security are our concern, that’s why we work with OPEN SOURCE code. Your personal information and data are only retrieved or used when requested.
Our company was born in Chile, with an app that originated in theft itself when the founder’s laptop was stolen. After long, hard work, and many improvements, we grew to become a global solution that focuses on two missions: to help our users worry less about theft, and give them the tools to stand a chance when losing devices, and their data.
Contact us through our Social Accounts:
+ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/preyproject
+ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/preyproject
Or join our Community Forum!
– Personal: $5
– Home: $10
– Pro: Custom!
Terms and Conditions: https://www.preyproject.com/terms”