If you are looking for the Best Free Geocaching App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Geocaching App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Geocaching App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Geocaching App For Android
“The official app to find any of the more than three million geocaches hidden worldwide. Geocaches are created and shared by people like you. Join this community of creative explorers by finding your first cache today! A geocache could hide in a location you walk by every day. It could even lead you to a special spot in your neighborhood you never knew existed. Feed your curiosity and find geocaches both near and far, big or small, easy or complex! The choice is yours, what are you waiting for?
With geocaching, you can discover the best sights on vacation, or get your kids outside on a treasure hunt. You can find geocaches easily while waiting for the bus, or challenge your body or mind with geocaches that lead you up a tree or have a puzzle to solve.
Some geocachers hide tiny magnetic caches in plain sight, others add camouflage to containers with trinkets inside. Some have created elaborate installations that make you feel like you’re a spy on a mission.
Get more with Geocaching Premium! Upgrade to access all geocaches and extra features to find the best geocaches.
You can buy a Premium membership subscription through your Google Play account. Premium membership is available with a monthly or annual subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your Google Play account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Refund policy: https://www.geocaching.com/account/documents/refundpolicy”
“c:geo is an open source, full-featured, always ready-to-go unofficial client for geocaching.com and offers basic support for other geocaching platforms (such as Opencaching). It does not require a web browser or exports – just install it and start right away.
– View caches on a Live Map
– Use Google Maps or OpenStreetMaps
– Search for caches by various criteria
– Log your finds online or offline
– Store cache information on your device
– Create and manage waypoints
– Navigate using compass, map, or other apps
– Import/Export GPX files
– Full support for trackables
– Offline caching functions including offline maps
c:geo is a simple to use but powerful geocaching client with a lot of additional features. All you need to get started is an existing account on geocaching.com or another geocaching platform (like Opencaching).
Find caches using the live map or by using one of the many search functions.
Navigate to a cache or a waypoint of a cache with the built-in compass function, the map or hand over the coordinates to various external apps (e.g. Radar, Google Navigation, StreetView, Locus, Navigon, Sygic and many more).
Store cache information to your device directly from geocaching.com as well as via GPX file import to have it available whenever you want.
You can manage your stored caches in different lists and can sort and filter them according to your needs.
Stored caches together with offline map files or static maps can be used to find caches without an internet connection (e.g. when roaming).
Logs can be posted online or stored offline for later submission or exported via field notes.
Search and discover trackables, manage your trackable inventory and drop a Trackable while posting a cache log.
If you have problems installing or using c:geo please first have a look at our FAQ (https://faq.cgeo.org) or consult the user guide (https://manual.cgeo.org).
If there are still problems, contact support via email.
If you would like to know why c:geo needs the permissions requested, please check https://www.cgeo.org for an explanation.”
Create, plan, edit, record, save or share your trips, keep the memories, track your performance, and much more. Locus Map is designed for hiking, mountain biking, cycling, running, geocaching, cross-country skiing, and other outdoor activities.
Fully customizable and flexible, offering a wide range of cool functions running above a variety of maps of the whole world.
Plan, record and manage your activities:
• plan routes along hiking trails, bike trails, or in an open terrain
• record tracks with all useful stats – distance, speed, pace, height gain, calorie burn, and other
• import and export the routes in various formats (GPX, KMZ, TCX…)
• share your tracks to Strava, Runkeeper, or Google Earth
• create your private database of interesting or favorite places
• browse your geotagged photos on the map
• import and export points of interest in various formats
Navigate and guide offline:
• turn-by-turn voice instructions or sound signals
• out-of route alert
• navigation and guidance along routes imported from elsewhere
• beeline guidance in an open terrain
Hunt for geocaches:
• download caches for offline play via G4L add-on
• navigate caches above the map or using the compass, log them online or offline
• use graphic and calculation tools
• manage your logs and drafts
• get alerted of an upcoming geocache
Customize your app:
• configure its main menu according to your actual needs
• set the main screen – function panels, right/left-hand control, light/dark mode…
• set coords system, units, dashboards and screens
• enjoy the app’s flexibility with the configuration presets
Use maps from our wide selection:
LoMaps – offline maps of the whole world
• switchable to hiking/biking map, winter or city map. Download 3 of them for FREE.
Outdoor maps by the world’s best cartographic publishers
• USA&Canada – USGS classic/satellite, AccuTerra trail maps, BackRoad Map Books,
• Europe – Ordnance Survey (UK), Kompass, Outdooractive, Freytag&Berndt (Germany, Austria, Italy), IGN (France, Belgium), CNIG (Spain), Lantmäteriet (Sweden), Kortforsyningen (Denmark), PZS (Slovenia), Compass (Poland), Swisstopo (Switzerland), SHOCart (Czechia, Slovakia) and many others…
• add external maps in SQLite, TAR, MBT, GEMF, Orux or RMA formats
Get even more with the Premium subscription
Go fully offline
• enjoy offline LoMaps of the whole world including updates without extra charges
• search offline addresses and LoPoints
• navigate and plan routes with the built-in offline router
• display elevation of any place on Earth without an internet connection
• use your tracks, routes, and points synced across multiple devices including web portal
• plan routes on a big PC screen, sync them with your mobile devices
• browse, view and manage your routes and tracks in a web library
• share your location in real-time with your family or friends in your own private groups
• connect the app with BT/ANT+ sensors
• work out with audio coach
• monitor your rides on a dashboard with handsfree screen control
• calibrate map images
• overlay two various maps
• set map offset
And enjoy all other Premium features of the app
• 24/7 weather forecast on any place on Earth
• parking assistant
• no ads and LoCoin bonuses
App uses the Device Administrator permission.”
4. GPS Average
“GPS Average takes the GPS readings from your device and displays them on screen with the average of the points in the middle. This can be useful when trying to plot a point where there is not a clear view of the sky and you want to know more accurately the location and see what readings your GPS is giving you.
Place your device on the point required and start the application. As it reads the GPS signals it will average them while displaying them on screen to show you where the readings are, compared to the average.
When it reaches 100 it will give an audible indication.
If it cannot read the GPS signals it will give an audible warning after 4 seconds.
The current point is green with the current accuracy displayed in blue round about it.
This app was designed mainly for geocaching when geocachers are placing new caches.”