If you are looking for the Best Free iPhone Ocr App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Free iPhone Ocr App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Free iPhone Ocr App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Free iPhone Ocr App
1. Adobe Scan: PDF Scanner & OCR
“Adobe Scan is free to download and turns your mobile device into a powerful scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR) and allows you to create, save, and organize your paper documents as a digital file.
Scan anything — receipts, notes, ID cards, recipes, photos, business cards, whiteboards — and turn them into PDF or JPEG files you can work with on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
HOW IT WORKS
• Scan any document and convert to PDF or photo.
• Save and organize your important documents so they are easy to find.
• Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner.
• Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, resize, and adjust color.
• Remove and edit imperfections, erase stains, marks, creases, even handwriting.
• Capture forms, receipts, notes, ID cards, health documents, and business cards and organize into custom folders so they are easy to access and find.
• Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed. You can even highlight expenses on tax receipts with ease.
QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTO LIBRARY
• This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don’t have to.
• Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll.
• Turn your scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text for reuse through automated text recognition (OCR).
• Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit, resize, and reuse in other documents.
SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
• The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text.
DO MORE WITH ACROBAT
• You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections, add comments, fill and sign documents.
• Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content to work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Subscribe for even more scanning power. Subscriptions work across Scan and Reader mobile apps and Acrobat on web.
• Combine scans into one file so you can take multiple scans and consolidate into one document.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file formats to repurpose or reformat your documents.
• Increase OCR capacity from 25 to 100 pages so that you can find text in multiple scans.
Download the free mobile scanner to convert important photos and documents into PDF and JPEG files to help you stay organized. Adobe Scan is the PDF converter trusted by millions worldwide.
Terms & Conditions:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: www.adobe.com/go/ca-rights-linkfree”
2. CamScanner + | OCR Scanner
* Over 200,000 new registrations per day
* App Store Best of 2014
* CamScanner, 50 Best iPhone Apps, 2013 Edition – TIME
—-Paid App Features—-
* All features that the free version has
* Recognize and extract texts from a single page
* Larger cloud space of 400M (200M for free version)
* Export PDFs without watermark “Scanned by CamScanner”
Use your phone camera to scan receipts, notes, invoices, whiteboard discussions, business cards, certificates, etc.
*Optimize Scan Quality
Smart cropping and auto enhancing make the texts and graphics look clear and sharp.
*Extract Texts from Image
OCR (optical character recognition) feature extracts texts from single page for further editing or sharing. (Paid app only)
*Share PDF/JPEG Files
Easily share documents in PDF or JPEG format with others via social media, email attachment or sending the doc link.
*AirPrint & Fax Documents
Instantly print out docs in CamScanner with nearby printer via AirPrint; directly fax docs to over 30 countries from the app.
Invite friends or colleagues to view and comment on your scans in a group. (Registrants only)
Making annotations or adding customized watermark on docs are made available for you.
*Secure Important Docs
Set passcode for viewing important docs; meanwhile, when sending doc link, you can set password to protect it.
*Sync across Platforms
Sign up to sync documents on the go. Just sign in to any smartphone, tablet or computer (visit CamScanner website) you own and you can view, edit and share any document.
Premium Subscription Service:
1. Edit OCR results and notes of the doc, exporting as .txt file
2. Create Doc Collage for multiple pages
3. + 10G cloud space
4. + 40 extra collaborators
5. Send doc link with password protection and expiration date
6. Auto upload docs to Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, One Drive and etc.
7. Batch download PDF files through web application of CS
8. Import PDF to Camscanner for editing
9. Scan academic questions to make practice tests for study
10. High Standard ID Scan
Payment models for Premium subscription:
• Monthly Subscription: $4.99 per month,
• Yearly Subscription: $35.99 for 1st year and $49.99/year starting from the next year,
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
CamScanner users scan and manage
* Bill, Invoice, Contract, Tax Roll, Business Card…
* Whiteboard, Memo, Script, Letter…
* Blackboard, Note, PPT, Book, Article…
* Credential, Certificate, Identity Documents…
3rd Party Cloud Storage Services Supported:
-Box, Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, OneDrive
We’d love to hear your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @CamScanner
Like us on Facebook: CamScanner
Follow us on Google+: CamScanner
Check out other INTSIG’s products:
CamCard – Business Card Reader
CamDictionary – Snap Translator”
3. Microsoft Lens: PDF Scanner
“Microsoft Lens (formerly Office Lens) trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable.
You can use Microsoft Lens to convert images to PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files, digitize printed or handwritten text, and save to OneNote, OneDrive, or your local device. You can even import images that are already on your device using Gallery.
PRODUCTIVITY AT WORK
• Scan and upload all your notes, receipts, and documents
• Capture whiteboard at end of the meeting to keep those action items on track
• Scan printed text or handwritten meeting notes to edit and share later
• Keep your business networking contacts handy by scanning business cards and saving them to your contact list
• Choose to save as PDF, Image, Word or PowerPoint formats into OneNote, OneDrive, or local device as location
PRODUCTIVITY AT SCHOOL
• Scan classroom handouts and annotate them in Word and OneNote
• Scan handwritten notes to digitize and edit later (works with English only)
• Take a picture of the whiteboard or blackboard to reference later, even if you’re offline
• Keep class notes and your own research organized with the seamless integration with OneNote
Join the beta program at this link to get an early preview of the next version of Microsoft Lens and help make it better by providing us feedback: https://testflight.apple.com/join/aRahHf00″
4. OCR Scanner – QuickScan
The app is 100% FREE, with NO ads and NO data collection. Donation is possible to support the project.
QuickScan is the easiest & quickest yet super-powerful scanner on iOS.
• Scan with camera (automatic document detection & automatic angle correction)
• Import existing images
• Import existing PDF files
• Professional-quality OCR on images or even existing PDF
• Export in PDF with the recognized text integrated (very advanced feature). This allows to search/copy & paste into the generated PDF.
• Export the recognized text in .txt
• Export as image
• Apply image filters (grayscale, black & white)
• Output file size estimation (adjust the quality settings according to your needs)
• Export anywhere (to Files, to any Drive, E-mail, message, Airdrop, …)
• CLOUD UPLOAD: Configure a default save location (support for iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV, Google Drive…)
• Automatic file naming based on a pattern (use date, time, text…)
• Scan shortcut from the iOS homescreen
• … and much more, there are really many useful features
Everything happens on your device, no internet connection is required.
There is no quicker way to beautifully scan & OCR a document.
SUPPORTED LANGUAGES FOR OCR:
• Other languages will work but do not get the extra accuracy boost when using a language dictionary
I value your privacy: everything happens locally, on your device! I do not use any server for this app. No personal data is collected.
QuickScan is 100% FREE, the in-app purchases are only there to tip me, and do not restrict the usage of the app in any way.”
5. Perfect OCR
“Perfect OCR gives you both an accurate general purpose OCR app and a quality document scanner. Now you can scan and OCR your letter-size or A4 documents with an accuracy of 90% or more, edit, copy and store the recognized text, and e-mail your documents as PDF files with text, SINGLE page image, or both together!
NOTE: To ensure the advertised results it is important that you follow the OCR TIPS below (or in the app’s help).
“It worked great for me! I translated a whole story in spanish using the espanol language preference and then I copied and pasted it into a translator to get the whole story in English!”
“This app is really very good and I find it to be very accurate!”
>> Perfect OCR users.
Perfect OCR scans your documents using advanced image-processing algorithms to eliminate uneven lighting and shadows and improve contrast. The result is the clearest and most readable scans possible from the iPhone’s camera. Perfect OCR also offers SureScan, our proprietary scanning mode that delivers sharper images with less jitter or smear.
Our unique “Email to myself” feature lets you send documents to a predefined address, or even upload them to an online storage service like Evernote or Box.net, with a single tap. Uploading documents to online services via email is fast, secure, and can be done even if you’re temporarily off line. Refer to app help for details.
All processing happens on your iPhone, and the confidentiality of your data is never compromised. There is also no subscription fee, and no Internet access is needed to scan documents or run OCR.
PERFECT OCR FEATURES:
• Letter-size or A4 page OCR with accuracy of 95% for model 3GS, 98% for iPhone 4, and up to 90% for 3G
• OCR languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech and Ukrainian.
• Email multipage PDFs with text, SINGLE page image, or both
• Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction
• Multipage text recognition with accuracy indicator
• Text editing and copy-to-clipboard operations
• Built-in OCR text archive with file sharing via iTunes
• “Email to myself” feature
• Email text and image files (.TXT + .JPG), or save image to library
• Searchable PDFs with document images (single page)
• Preserves simple text formatting
• Option to auto-remove line breaks
• SureScan mode for jitter-free scans
• Simple yet powerful user interface
• Instant brightness, rotation, and color controls
• Compact attachments with adjustable size
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR OCR:
• Make sure your document is flat and well lit. Hold your iPhone still while shooting.
• Always scan documents using “SureScan 3x” mode.
• Glossy paper may not work well (avoid glare).
• When scanning books keep the pages as flat as possible and your iPhone parallel to the surface.
• Perfect OCR cannot recognize handwritten, very large text or spreadsheets correctly.
• Make sure to select the right language for OCR in app settings.
We’re constantly improving Perfect OCR, and we value our customers’ opinions and feedback. Please contact us at email@example.com. If you have a problem with our software, please contact us before submitting a comment to the app store. We can solve most of the problems, but we cannot respond to comments.”
6. Text Scanner (OCR)
Here OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology is used to recognize text on image.
Contact me if your language is missing to support.
Features of Text Scanner:
* Extract any Text/Words On Image.
* Multi image scan – text extraction in background.
* Recognize text from image supports 92 languages.
* Copy – Text on Screen, using screenshot image
* Crop image before OCR.
* Edit & Share OCR result.
* Get translations in over 100 languages.
* Recent Scan history.
* Organize scans inside folder.
* Sort scans by date descending or ascending order.
* Share extension to share image to extract text.
* Multiple column selection on text of image.
Please send mail if you find any bugs , issues or want any feature.
Unlimited Scans Monthly
No ads upto 50 scans per day.
for one month period.
monthly 7.99 $
Unlimited Scans Yearly
No ads upto 50 scans per day.
for one year period.
yearly 60.99 $.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal as per existing plan rate within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service:https://appsitesua.appspot.com/textscannerios/termsofuse”