If you are looking for the Best Free London Bus App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Free London Bus App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Free London Bus App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Free London Bus App For iPhone
1. Bus Times London
“Bus Times London is the ultimate travel app. Check TfL bus times to see if yours is running late, plan bus journeys with total ease and view your nearby bus stops from anywhere in London. From the makers of the iconic Tube Map, with over 50 million downloads, Mapway is the world’s number one for public transport apps.
• Get live bus times by looking up bus stops, bus routes, locations and points of interest.
• View nearby bus stops on a clear and interactive map of London.
• Bus Times London uses official Transport for London (TfL) live information to keep you up to date.
• Plan bus routes with ease using the real-time bus journey planner.
• Select a stop and tap on the timetable to see all the departures for any time of the week.
• Find and view where the bus is along your selected route
• Finding your bus stop is easy with Augmented Reality. No more guesswork, no more wrong turns, simply tap the binoculars after planning a route and Bus Times London will guide the way.
• Personalised Home Stop with bus times for the routes you use most.
• View your Oyster card balance within the app using My Account from TfL.
• Listen to personalised playlists filled with songs inspired by your bus route.
AND LOTS MORE…
• Look up any London bus route and see which bus stops it will pass with live waiting times.
• Our number plate checker for every bus journey will help make sure you never catch the wrong bus.
• Bus Times London Apple Watch app also available.
• Get bus times for journeys to popular points of interest such as London Eye, The Tower of London and Hyde Park.
• The handy Locate Me arrow is the quickest way to view nearby bus stops wherever you are.
• For devices that support 3D Touch use Get Me Home, Favourites and Search from the app icon.
• Travel information from TfL is shown alongside bus times to let you know about diversions and road closures.
• Never miss your stop again by setting Wake Me alerts.
• Step-by-step guides for each journey with travelling times and where you will need to change buses.
• Look up bus routes for departing straight away or plan a journey for in the future.
• Save your favourite bus stops, routes and journeys to access again when on the go.
• Siri Kit for use in London
• Bus fare information so you can view the cost of ticket prices.
We’re the world’s number one for public transport apps, check out the Tube Map London, New York Subway Map and Paris Metro Map apps today.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. To use Playlists you will need to sign in to Apple Music using a device running iOS 11. To see bus routes in Augmented Reality you will need to be using a compatible device running iOS 11 and accept the required permissions.
Bus Times London Premium available as an in-app subscription: £1.99 monthly or £4.99 annually or a lifetime purchase at £12.99. Prices may vary by location. Cancel at any time, for any reason. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of your chosen price tier. Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings in your iTunes Account. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased, where applicable. Read our terms in full at mapway.com/terms”
2. Citymapper: All Your Transport
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
THOUSANDS OF 5 STAR REVIEWS
* “Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel.”
* “The only true five star app.”
* “BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER.”
* “It’s become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer.”
* “Get these guys on the Queen’s birthday honours list.”
FIND THE BEST ROUTE ► Simple trip planning combining all transport modes: bus, subway, train, ferry, cabs, ride share, car share, bike share, e-scooters and walking. Discover routes you never knew existed
HIT THE GO BUTTON FOR STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS ► Turn-by-turn navigation for all your transit, walking, personal cycling, bike shares and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-bikes around you, we even help you avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking so you are free to enjoy the ride
EXPERIENCE ONE-STOP-SHOP MOBILITY ► Compare cab fares, hail a ride, grab the closest carshare, hop on a shared bike all from within the app. Our partners include: Uber, Gett, Zipcar, Ola, Getaround, Virtuo, Turo, Santander Cycles, FREE NOW, Beryl
BEAT THE RUSH HOUR CROWD ► Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or tram again. Follow your bus / train as it’s approaching on a real-time map, see the best carriage to board, get alerted when it’s time to get off, and get in and out from the best exit at any underground / train station
PERSONALISE YOUR CITY ► Save Home, Work and your go-to stops or stations for lightning fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favourite tube, train, bus or tram line for automatic disruption, delay, and status alerts
GET SOCIAL ► Share your live trip: let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions
TRAVEL OFFLINE ► Access offline the official TfL underground map and many other local network maps
CITY COVERAGE ► London | Birmingham | Manchester | Liverpool | Edinburgh | Dublin | Paris | New York | Hong Kong | Los Angeles | Barcelona | Berlin | Rome | Madrid | Hamburg | Milan | Stockholm | Chicago | Toronto | Sydney
+ Many more in the UK and worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app or at https://citymapper.com/cities
PUBLIC TRANSPORT AGENCIES ► We use open data from public transport agencies in the cities we cover:
LONDON | TfL (Transport for London), Underground, Overground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink
MANCHESTER | TfGM (Transport for Greater Manchester), Manchester Metrolink
LIVERPOOL | Merseytravel, Merseyrail
YORKSHIRE | WYCA (West Yorkshire Combined Authority), SYPTE (South Yorkshire Public Transport Executive), Sheffield Supertram
BIRMINGHAM | TfWM (Transport for West Midlands), West Midlands Railway, Midland Metro, National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry
NOTTINGHAM | NCT, NET
EDINBURGH | TfE, Lothian Bus, Edinburgh Tram
GLASGOW | SPT
BRISTOL | Travelwest, MetroBus, Bristol Ferries
CARDIFF | Transport for Wales, Cardiff Bus
NEWCASTLE | NEXUS, Tyne and Wear Metro
BRIGHTON | Brighton & Hove Buses
UK WIDE | National Rail, Arriva bus, Stagecoach bus, First bus
DUBLIN | TFI, NTA, Bus Éireann, Dublin Bus, Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail)
HONG KONG | MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
SINGAPORE | LTA, SMRT, SBS.
KEEP IN TOUCH ► Questions, feedback or something we have missed in your city? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com”
3. London Bus Checker
With official TfL feeds for bus, tube and rail, London Bus Checker has got you covered. Get anywhere you need to go in London.
• Live times at any of London’s 20,000+ bus stops
• Use your Apple Watch to view an Instant Departure Board or track your planned journeys.
• Plan a journey anywhere in London by bus, tube, rail and more
• Get live times in your Notification Centre with the Bus Checker widget
• Explore 3D route maps for all London bus routes – see exactly where your bus goes.
• Never miss your stop again with Stop Alerts
• Be one step ahead with updates on diversions, closures and cancellations
• Get real-time Santander Cycle dock locations and availability info
• Save your favourite stops, routes and places for easy access
• Featured on BBC Click, Telegraph Online, The Independent, Cosmopolitan and Wired UK
• “If you regularly ride a bus, then you should not leave home without Bus Checker” – The Guardian
• One of Cosmopolitan Magazine’s featured “Best Apps Ever” – Cosmo UK
Problems with the app?
Please read through our FAQs at www.buschecker.com
For more help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful support team on twitter @lonbuschecker or by email at email@example.com
– Bus Checker is a registered trademark of FatAttitude Limited.
– Data provided by official Transport for London feeds.
– Bus Checker can send anonymous usage stats and crash reports to us so that we can improve the app; no personally identifiable information is collected or transmitted.”
4. London Live Bus Countdown
London Live Bus Countdown tells you when your next bus will arrive at any bus stop in London using the timing data directly from TfL and other city bus operators.
– Updated design with improved performance
– Support for Dynamic Type
– My Routes (previously My Buses) can feature tube stops
– Edinburgh (Scotland) Live Bus Times
– iOS 15 support with Dark Mode
– Bus Routes are mapped out for you on the bus times screen
– See Line Status information for the upcoming weekend or any day in the future
– Enter a Bus registration number to see its route and live arrival times
– Resume your journey if you quit the app without an internet connection
– Timetables: See bus timetable information at any bus stop.
* Line Status: Bus Routes, Tube & Rail
* Live Cams: View live video from TfL Traffic Cams
* Santander Cycles: Find your nearest docking stations and view live cycle and free space counts
* Improved Accessibility: Give us your feedback so we can improve
* My Routes Feature lets all the bus & tube times that matter to you on one screen.
* Redesigned Bus Stops screen – Nearest / Favourites / Recents on one page
* Travel Status Updates
* Phone Snatch Safety Alerts – Please note messages from the Metropolitan Police Service about phone snatch are available in selected locations only on a trial basis.
* Journey Planner – Find the best route to your destination and avoid delays
* Instantly tell when your bus is due
* Finds bus stops near you using your iPhone’s GPS Location
* Oyster Balance Viewer
* Journey Planner
* Travel Status Bus, Tube & National Rail Disruption Updates – See alerts on your most used lines
* Hold down anywhere on the map to see the nearest bus stops to that area
* Live Bus times for Transport for London (TFL) bus stops showing when the next buses will arrive.
* Bus stops on the map show the direction the buses are heading
* Automatic Refresh of Bus Times Countdown so your list is always up to date
* Search for bus stops by postcode or bus stop name
* Displays Bus Stop Notices eg: Closures/Diversions/Disruptions Notices
* Save your favourite bus stops in your Favourites for quick access.
* Road Traffic News – Bus Route Disruptions
Please be aware that this app requires an internet connection and location services turned on for full functionality.
* This app uses the Bus Countdown feed from TfL and other data providers, who occasionally perform maintenance on their data feed, in which case the application will show no/incorrect results. We cannot be held responsible for any unavailability or inaccuracies displayed by this app.
– This app may offer monthly to annual subscriptions
– Payment will be charged to your Apple ID Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
– You can cancel your subscription at any time, but please note that you will not get a refund for any remaining period of a subscription
– Users may be offered a free trial of the subscription
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
We always welcome your questions, suggestions and comments. Contact us 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org”
5. London Transport • Tube & Bus
► Live directions – plan your trip with up to five ways to your destination
► Share your journey details with friends and family – they don’t even need the app!
► Get Off Alerts – we’ll let you know when it’s time to transfer
► Live countdown boards for buses and trains
► See exactly where you bus or train is on the map right now
► Service Alerts – Find out about delays and diversions before you leave
► Save your favorite stops and stations
► Full seven-day schedules
► Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
► Quickly see the last train or bus arriving tonight
► Live and offline route maps
► One-tap ‘get me home’ journey planning
► Simple and clean – we only show you what you need to know
We love feedback! Get in touch with us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter at @TalkToWhiz.
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when you have a Get Off Alert turned on.
6. “TfL Go: Live Tube, Bus & Rail”
“Travel confidently around London with maps and live travel updates on our official TfL app. Check live arrival times for Tube, London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Thameslink trains as well as Trams and Emirates Air Line. Make step-free journeys and look up station facilities. See on the map when stations and lifts are closed. Walking or cycling? Our reliable journey planner will map a safe route.
The app is built around our iconic Tube map. To get started:
• Touch the map or search to plan your journey
• See the status of all lines
• Check how busy each London Underground station is right now
• Re-route as you travel – we’ll suggest alternatives
• Switch to the step-free map for accessible journeys
• Find out when your next train, bus or tram is due
• Look up which platform your train will arrive on
• See when the stations you want to travel through are quieter
• Check out station information and facilities such as toilets
Most recently we’ve:
• Added more information about station toilets – find out where they are by gender and which ones are accessible and/or with baby changing facilities
• Built a new map showing nearby bus stops – making it simple to see where you can catch your bus from
• Refreshed the navigation – it’s even easier to get to the features you want
Our simple and clear layout is designed to make using the app easy for everyone.
Planning your journey: We’ll suggest multiple ways to get to your destination – you pick the one that suits you best. Choose the quickest journey, bus-only or one that’s step-free.
Check before you travel: See how the line is running and when to expect your next Tube, bus, train or tram
Freedom to explore: Choose the right travel options if you or someone you’re travelling with needs to avoid steps, lifts onto a train or in a station.
Bus stops near you: Find the bus stop nearest to where you are, and next bus live arrival information for every route.
Available underground: Connect to Wi-Fi (and 4G in some places) to get all the live updates
What users have said:
“I think that out of all of the transport apps I have owned on my phone, this is by far the best”
“I love how clean the design of the app is & how easy it is to use. The best part of the app is it’s simplicity & how it helps you to navigate across London so effortlessly.”
“The map is awesome! The ability to zoom in and out and see more/less information as you do so. The station information is really useful and seeing which lines/stations are closed or have delays at a glance is really helpful. It’s also beautifully designed! Very slick, clean, and responsive.”
“The app is beautifully designed and free to use. Step free mode also works really well.”
“This is a must have app … very much worth the wait. Well done TFL.””