If you are looking for the Best Free Looper App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Free Looper App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Free Looper App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Free Looper App For iPhone
1. Everyday Looper
Everyday Looper allows you to record 4 musical phrases – 6 on an iPad – and loop them right away. You can then mix and merge them on the fly.
Thanks to the metronome (click track) and the auto start/stop of recording (quantized recording), reachable in the tools and options menu, it’s suited for two-handed instruments too.
– As seen on CNN –
“Looping needs to be ultra-simple, instantaneous and spontaneous. None of the apps I tried made that possible. None of them until Everyday Looper.” CultOfMac.com
“A superb combination of GarageBand and Electroplankton” MacLife.de
“This app really enables musicians to jot down an idea or create a masterpiece right from their devices” AppVee.com (5/5)
Search YouTube for “Everyday Looper” to see many great user videos !
Here is what we’ve got :
New In Version 1.6
UNDO / REDO
• Restore the previous version of a track modified by recording, erasing or merging.
• Send individual tracks or mixes of your loops, in AAC or WAV format, by email.
NO BUTTON USER INTERFACE
• Tap or swipe on displayed waveforms to play / pause / stop / record / change volume / erase.
• Auto-normalization of each track to reach their maximum non clipped volume by the swipe of a finger.
• Master Limiter to not worry about clipping after tracks mixing.
TRACK MERGING [Added In Version 1.1]• Merge one track with another one in real-time, with limiter.
OVERDUB RECORDING [Added In Version 1.4]• Choose your recording mode between Overdub and Replace.
• Automatically start/stop recording at the beginning/end of a loop, as an option. Perfect for instruments that require your 2 hands.
STEREO TRACKS [Added In Version 1.5]• Pan your tracks in the stereo field.
TRACK MUTING [Added In Version 1.2]• Very useful for switching between a track you use as a chorus and another one you use as a verse. Optionally quantizable to loop.
• Metronome track generator to create a X clicks at Y BPMs base track.
AUDIO COPY/PASTE [Added In Version 1.2]• Copy and paste tracks to and from other audio apps. Great for using that nice beat you laid down in BeatMaker as a “de luxe” metronome.
MIDI CONTROLLERS [Added In Version 1.5]• Record, Play/Pause and Stop can be triggered by a MIDI controller.
LATENCY COMPENSATION [Added In Version 1.2]• For you tracks to be perfectly synchronized. Sub millisecond precision.
• Export your tracks to your computer over WiFi in 44100Hz/16Bits Wav format.
2 INPUT CHANNELS [Added In Version 1.5]• Record channel 1 or 2, both simultaneously or as a stereo source. Require an audio device that provides 2 input channels such as the Alesis iO Dock.
4 TRACKS (on iPhone) – 6 TRACKS (on iPad) [Added In Version 1.3]• Up to 45 seconds of recording for each track.
To be noted : This app is all about recording. No pre-recorded samples are included and iPod Touch users will need an external microphone.
Here is the detailed documentation + video tutorial : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/everyday-looper/documentation
For all problems/suggestions, please visit our forum http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum
Follow us on Twitter : @MancingDols”
“GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.”
3. Jam Looper
“A simple and fun way to create music.
Featuring smart automatic looping, multiple tracks, volume control and track effects.
Meticulously designed as a seamless experience that lets you just jam while we take care of the rest.
You can beatbox, loop guitar riffs or beats and then add vocals or harmony to it.
Play real time, or record and export.
It’s all about your music, your jam.
Record up to 4 tracks, (unlock 8 tracks in Pro mode)
Smart automatic loops – for looping beats & guitar riffs
Volume control per track
Effects per track (unlockable in Pro mode)
Automatic naming for jams and autosave
Multiple export features”
4. Loop ON-Looper & Jam Recorder
“Loop ON is app for recording music, sounds and your own improvisations. It is a 12-track recorder and loop-station with audio fx. It’s nothing easier: just press the rec button and than the application will do everything for you.
Record and compose
– 12 tracks for recording audio loops
– Real time recording
– Dubbing any track, without stopping
Use audio FX
– Use 5 audio effects for a variety of sounds:
Reverb (Echo); Filter (Filter for cutting different frequencies); Vol (volume and pan settings); Pitch (Correction of pitch); Delay (delay effect)
– Apply different effects and immediately record the result in audio
Perform on stage and train your skills
– No latency, allows you to use it directly on the stage
– Ability to immediately listen and evaluate your result
Share your music
– Just click on the “share” button and surprise your friends with your master beatbox or new song
Have you always dreamed of record your improvisations on guitar or vocal jams ? Or just wanted to try to make rhythms, like beatbox masters? Or maybe you like to perform vocal tricks and want to practice alone with yourself? With Loop ON, it’s possible for everyone and just a few clicks!
Just try it.”
Repeat videos from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to external screens or on your device.
• Choose a video from your Reel, Local Videos or iCloud Drive. Select the times you want the video to repeat and voila! Select Play.
• Get Looper Pro and create infinite Playlists with the videos you need.
• You can select infinite repeats when selecting the Looper icon.
• Do you need to export the video or a playlist with replays? No problem, click the export button! Your video will be ready to share anywhere you like.
• You can also export your video in reverse, slow motion, fast motion or in GIF format!
Cool questions, comments, or ideas? Do not be shy! • email@example.com
It chops up your audio and turns it into something new. Thanks to its quick & intuitive interface it makes designing subtle rhythmic enhancements to spectacular effect pyrotechnics easy and fun.
In the process, you can dispose of the classics like Filters and Reverbs, but also trippy Loop and Vinyl manipulations. Build a looping effects sequence, with discrete settings for each of Looperator’s stunning engines, then bring everything to life using the comprehensive modulation system on a per-step basis.
Looperator makes you sound as if you worked on your track for hours and hours and really all it took was a click of a button.
• Audio Unit v3 & Standalone
• Rearrange your groove!
Chop the input signal into 16 slices and freely assign them to each sequence step on the Slice track, then rhythmically stutter selected steps on the Loop track.
• Flexible filters
Looperator’s Filter provides per-step frequency shaping of the left and right channels independently.
• Multi-effects galore
Two User FX modules each deliver dynamic effects sequencing via a rich and varied line-up of high-quality processors.
• User steps
Each sequencer track offers 20 ready-made step options. Much of the time, you won’t need to go any further than that, but when you do, the four User-defined steps also available to each track give you full and precise control of five processor parameters per effect.
• Motion and modulation
Every User step configuration features five adjustable parameters, each automated using a simple knob, a Randomizer, an Envelope Follower or one of 20 preset parameter modulation curves with adjustable start and end points. When it comes to animating your Looperator effects sequences, the possibilities are literally endless!
• Fast, focused workflow
Like all Sugar Bytes software, Looperator has been developed with operational fluidity at the top of the agenda. Looperator’s snappy workflow keeps up with even the fastest-moving producer.
• There’s more…
The feature list just keeps on giving! Seven per-module and global Mix blending modes; intelligent randomization options throughout; super-smooth step transitions; deep MIDI integration and control; limitless undo/redo; standalone functionality and more. It all comes together to make Looperator nothing less than a state-of-the-art loop design powerhouse that no electronic musician should be without.”
7. Loopy HD: Looper
“As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon — Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile looper that totally reinvents the formula.
— “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” — Dub FX (dubfx.net)
— “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” — J. Alan Meier
— “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” — Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
— “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” — iOS Recording
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Record and loop live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn’t compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It’s fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy’s rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don’t have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy’s more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
– Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
– Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
– MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
– Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
– Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
– Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time – no matter what time signature you choose.
– Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
– Robust MIDI clock receive and send, and support for Ableton Link.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
– Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
– Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
– Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
– Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
– Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
– Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
– Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
– MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
– Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
– Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
– Email audio clips.
– Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
– Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!”
8. “Music Looper – Pitch, Slow”
Seamlessly looper sections, pitch shifting, time shifting, exporting, sharing. Play music with slow down speed for easier practice music & instruments.
Import Songs & Record your own music. With the multiple loop section management, you can select and play the selected sections continuously to practice improvisation on instruments or while singing.
The app supports several ways to experience beats. The free version of the app includes Sound, Visual, Flash, Vibrate modes of metronome. Visual and Vibrate Modes are great when you’re playing loud instruments or when you need to FEEL the beat. Flash Mode uses the device’s camera flash to sync up the entire band easily.
With Music Looper – Pitch, Slow you can continuous repeat of selected music section – An easy way to practice improvisations / voices.
Slow down the selected music section and repeat until it is necessary to practice.
Change the music to fit your practice – Pitch Shifting / Speed Shifting / Multiple Sections
Share with friends – More export options
• music recording with metronome
• pitch shifting
• time shifting
• tempo detection by tapping
• setting metronome beats per measure (2-16)
• metronome vibrate ON / OFF
• metronome visual ON / OFF
• metronome flash ON / OFF
• metronome sound ON / OFF
• import / export music with AirDrop, Files, iCloud Drive, Mail
• setting playing range with high precision
• setting playing speed with high precision
• repeating music sections for practice (seamlessly looper)
• multiple looper section management: you can set multiple looper sections for each sound
• flexible looper feature
• pitch management: you can change the pitch and transpose / transcript your sound recordings and imported songs + / – 24 semitones
• automatic sound naming and autosave
• exporting sound recordings full length or selected sections to MP3
• transposing / transcribing music & exporting songs to MP3
• organizing your music, creating groups
• landscape mode on iPad
• zoomable waveform
• background mode
• playback settings: normal & high precision
• recent list in the main view
All functions are available in the FREE version with limited 5 records/imports.
With Music Looper – Pitch, Slow you get all of this in an incredibly responsive and easy-to-use app.”