If you are looking for the Best Free Meditation App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Meditation App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Meditation App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Meditation App For iPhone
1. Calm: Sleep & Meditation
** 2017 App of the Year ** — Apple
** Happiest App in the World ** — Center for Humane Technology
Calm is the #1 app for Sleep, Meditation and Relaxation. Join the millions experiencing better sleep, lower stress, and less anxiety with our guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, stretching exercises, and relaxing music. Calm is recommended by top psychologists, therapists, and mental health experts.
Calm is the perfect mindfulness app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users. Guided meditation sessions are available in lengths of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes so you can choose the perfect length to fit with your schedule.
Sleep Stories are bedtime stories that are guaranteed to lull you into a deep and restful slumber. Calm has 100+ exclusive Sleep Stories for adults and children alike, featuring well-known talent such as Stephen Fry, Matthew McConaughey, Leona Lewis, and Jerome Flynn. Drift off to dreamland and wake up refreshed.
Sleep Stories include:
* Wonder – Join Matthew McConaughey on a dreamy story about the mysteries of the universe.
* Blue Gold – Let master storyteller Stephen Fry take you on a calming journey through the lavender fields and sleepy village of Provence
* The Nordland Night Train – Travel up the scenic coast of Norway aboard one of Europe’s most breathtaking and remote railways.
* Happy Little Zzzs with Bob Ross – Drift off to the soothing brush strokes of beloved painter and TV host Bob Ross.
* And many more…
Mindfulness Topics include:
* Deep Sleep
* Calming Anxiety
* Managing Stress
* Focus and Concentration
* Breaking Habits
* Body Scan
* Mindfulness at Work
* Mindful Walking
* Calm Kids
* And so much more…
* An original Daily Calm every day: a 10-minute program added daily to help ease you into the day or unwind with before bed
* 7 and 21 day mindfulness programs for both beginner and advanced users
* Calm Masterclass: Life changing audio classes featuring world-renowned experts
* Calm Body: Mindful stretching and movement to relax your body during the day
* Music: Exclusive music engineered to help you focus, relax or sleep
* Soundscapes: Ocean waves, Heavy Rain, Camp Fire, Babbling Brook, and other sounds to help you sleep
* Breathing exercises to help you relax
* Unguided timed meditation
* 30+ soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga or to help you sleep
Track your progress with:
* Daily Streaks
* Mindful Minutes
Calm saves your meditation and sleep sessions to your Apple Health app.
Subscription pricing and terms:
Calm offers an auto-renewing monthly subscription at $14.99/month and an auto-renewing yearly subscription at $69.99/year to provide you with unlimited access to the Calm Collection while you maintain an active subscription. Calm also offers a Lifetime subscription for $399.99 which is paid for by a one-off upfront payment with unlimited access to the Calm Collection forever.
Payment will be charged to the credit card connected to your iTunes Account when you confirm the initial subscription purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be identified. You may manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after the purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Terms of service: https://www.calm.com/terms
2. Headspace: Mindful Meditation
“Meditate and sleep soundly. Headspace is your guide to practicing mindfulness in your everyday life. Learn how to relax, manage stress, and focus your energy to become more centered and well rested. Create a calm and positive environment with Headspace.
Headspace offers guided meditation, sleep meditation, and breathing exercises. Learn mindfulness skills from world-class experts like former monk and Headspace co-founder Andy Puddicombe. Choose from hundreds of guided meditations on a new topic each day: anxiety, focus, relaxation, and more!
Meditation for every experience level and lifestyle. Meditate with friends and build your practice your way. Choose between short, 3-minute sessions that fit seamlessly into a busy schedule or longer meditations to set your intentions for the day. Listen to calming sounds and music with Sleep by Headspace or release stress and tension through movement with Move Mode.
In just a few minutes a day, Headspace can help bring balance to your everyday life. Find some headspace. Start with a free trial.
Download Headspace today and be kind to your mind.
– Choose from hundreds of guided meditations and mindfulness exercises
– Practice daily meditation on a new topic each day with Everyday Headspace
– Breathe easy with 3-minute mini-meditations for a quick mental reset
– Practice mindfulness with “Mindful Moments” to keep you present throughout the day
– Track your progress and time spent meditating with Mindful Minutes on Apple Health
– Learn new skills and find answers to your mindfulness questions
– Create conditions for a more restful night with Sleep by Headspace
– Switch off with sleepcasts — calming stories paired with relaxing sounds
– Soothing sleep sounds with ambient nature recordings
– Tranquil sleep music to help you reach a deep slumber
– Start your day inspired with The Wake Up — a short, daily video series made to brighten your day
STRESS RELIEF & COPING MEDITATIONS
– “SOS” sessions for moments of panic, anxiety, and stress
– Learn breathwork to help relax & calm you down
– Build your resilience with the Weathering the Storm collection
– Follow meditations that help you cope with sadness, anger & adapting to change
FIND FOCUS & BUILD PRODUCTIVITY
– Improve your focus with meditations for working from home
– Boost your concentration & productivity with focus-enhancing music
– Choose from 12 different Focus music stations to set the right mood for your day
– Tune in to the moment with Headspace’s Chief Music Officer, John Legend
CENTERED FITNESS & TENSION RELEASE
– Relieve stress and release everyday tension with Move Mode
– Mood boosting and motivating at-home workouts
– Centered fitness courses: 28 days of mindful fitness and cardio
– Train with experts and Olympians Kim Glass & Leon Taylor
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Headspace offers two auto-renewing subscription options:
$12.99 per month
$69.99 per year (that’s less than $5.99 a month)
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
The subscription will automatically renew unless turned off in your iTunes Account Settings at least 24 hours before the current period ends. You can go to your iTunes Account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed. If you subscribe before your free trial ends, the rest of your free trial period will be forfeited as soon as your purchase is confirmed.
Headspace saves your meditation sessions to your Apple Health app.
Read the terms and conditions here:
3. Insight Timer – Meditation App
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations and talks led by the world’s top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness.
With 80+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world’s most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Ram Das aka Dr Richard Alpert, Doctorate at Stanford and Harvard University teacher
* Sadhguru, Indian yogi, founder of non-profit Isha Foundation
* Mooji, disciple of Papaji, and devotee of the master Ramana Maharshi
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE – INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* Insight Courses
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Advanced Player (Repeat mode, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High-Quality audio
The subscription is available annually for US$59.99/year, or monthly for US$9.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us over here: https://help.insighttimer.com
Terms and Conditions – https://insighttimer.com/legal/terms-of-service”
4. Meditation Oasis: Simply Being
“Learn to meditate or deepen your meditation practice with Mary Maddux, a leading meditation teacher who has brought meditation to thousands of people worldwide. Her guided meditations have been used in many settings – businesses, hospitals, clinics, military, rehabilitation, schools, spas – and are regularly recommended by doctors and therapists to their patients.
The beautiful music on the app has been composed by Richard Maddux, musician and and co-creator of the Meditation Oasis® apps. Richard’s music is known for its ability to bring deep relaxation and support the meditative state. You can use it as a background to the meditations or you can enjoy the music on its own. You also have the option of using high quality nature sounds
In response to user requests, we have combined the best of all our apps and programs into one comprehensive meditation app. Our original Simply Being app is here, along with over 80 additional guided meditations and three programs.
Enjoy the deep relaxation, stress relief and benefits of meditation without prior experience. You can listen to the guided meditations alone or with music or nature sounds. You can also listen to the music or nature sounds alone.
● 4 Days: Meditation Program for Beginners
● 7 Days: Advanced Meditations
● 4 Days: Anxiety & Worry Relief
Meditation Sessions for:
● Emotional Healing
● Pain Relief
● Health & Healing
● Walking Meditations
● Stress Relief
● Heart Opening
● Work & Study
App Features include:
• Choose to listen with music or nature sounds in the background, or to the voice alone
• Music/nature sounds have separate adjustable volume controls
• On first play tracks are downloaded for listening offline
• Create a favorites list
• Receive daily meditation reminders
• Find meditations by category
• Original meditation music, over 30 selections
This app includes an auto renewing subscription which enables access to all guided meditations and programs:
– Subscription options are monthly or yearly
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.”