If you are looking for the Best Free Messaging App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Free Messaging App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Free Messaging App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Free Messaging App For Android
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
“Meet Messages, Google’s official app for texting (SMS, MMS) and chat (RCS). Message anyone from anywhere with the reliability of texting and the richness of chat. Stay in touch with friends and family, send group texts, and share your favorite pictures, GIFs, emoji, stickers, videos and audio messages.
Chat features (RCS)
On supported carriers, you can send and receive messages over Wi-Fi or your data network, see when friends are typing or when they have read your message, share images and videos in high quality, and more.
Clean, intuitive, and comfortable design
Instant notifications, smart replies and a fresh new design make communicating faster and more fun. With dark mode, you can use Messages comfortably in low-light situations.
Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
Send audio messages, emoji, stickers, or your location. You can also send and receive payments with Google Pay.
Now you can find more of the content shared in your conversations: tap on the search icon and select a specific contact to see your messaging history with them and all the photos, videos, addresses or links you shared with each other.
Messages is supported on devices running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop and above.”
3. Signal Private Messenger
“Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.”