If you are looking for the Best Free Metronome App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Free Metronome App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Free Metronome App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Free Metronome App For Android
1. The Metronome by Soundbrenner
“An intuitive interface, packed with all features you need to practice your tempo. Powerful customization, rock-solid precision and world class setlist management. This app is a must-have for every musician. And almost everything is free!
We didn’t like existing metronome apps very much. So we made a better one. The Metronome by Soundbrenner is designed to be a professional tool to help all musicians play with flawless accuracy. It’s a powerful companion for everyone, regardless of your instrument or skill level. The Metronome by Soundbrenner works great for daily practice, live performances or in the recording studio.
• Easy to use, but powerful
• Rock-solid precision to master your tempo
• Change time signature & subdivision and emphasize beats by setting accents
• Powerful customization: choose from over 20 sounds, switch between our dark & light theme & more
• World-class setlist management: save your rhythms and load them to play in the metronome any time
• Advanced features: USB MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI, Ableton Link & more
• Designed for all musicians: guitar, piano & drums
What the press says about us:
• “I install The Metronome by Soundbrenner first on every new phone” ― Android Central
• “Best in Show” ― The NAMM Show
• “One of the best drum innovations” ― MusicRadar
• “The best metronome app” ― WIRED
“It’s sleek and easily understood in seconds. And the controls are great. Fast and intuitive. It’s what all musicians need to practice their tempo.” ― Pete Korpela (Drummer, Grammy-nominated, played with Robbie Williams, Disturbed, Hans Zimmer and many more)
Innovative music tools that remove the hassle from your practice. Learn more on www.soundbrenner.com
2. Pro Metronome
“Pro Metronome is a powerful tool that helps you master both daily practice and stage performance. It has redefined how more than 3 million people sync to a beat on iOS, and now, Pro Metronome is coming to Android.
The free version is packed with features like the newly designed time signature interface – customized it any way you want. 13 time-keeping styles let you choose beat sounds that work for you – even a counting voice.. With RTP (Real-Time Playback) technology, it’s more precise than a traditional mechanical metronome.
Pro Metronome is all about customization – change beat sounds, accents, and even choose from 4 different beat volume levels (“f”, “mf”, “p” and “mute.”) With the Pro Version, access subdivisions, polyrhythm settings, and create complex patterns with triplets, dotted notes, and non-standard time signatures.
The app supports several ways to experience beats. All versions have sound, but upgrading to Pro enables Visual, Flash and Vibrate. Visual and Vibrate Modes are great when you’re playing loud instruments or when you need to FEEL the beat. Flash Mode uses the device’s camera flash to help your whole band sync up easily.
But Pro Metronome doesn’t just help you keep time, it also helps you train. Many musicians, especially drummers, are looking for some way to help themselves keep a steadier beat. So Pro Metronome built the Rhythm Trainer – it plays one bar of beats, then mutes the next, letting you check how steady your timing really is. Increase mute time as you get better and soon you’ll be closer to having perfect timing. It’s a simple idea not found in any other app, one that lots of people have requested to increase their stamina and precision.
Pro Metronome supports many other features: polyrhythm mode to help drummers hear and visualize complex, interlocking beat patterns; background play mode; in-app volume adjust; even saving playlists that you can share with friends, no matter which system they are using(Android/iOS). It’s a powerful, elegant app that is easy for anyone to get started with, and useful for any musician. So pick it up and sync to your own beat today!
We know that Pro Metronome for Android is far from perfect right now. However, we’ll keep improving it in the next update and finally provide the same experiences as on iOS devices.
Free Version Features:
+Extremely easy to use and AD FREE (We hate banner ads as much as you do)!
+Dynamic time signature settings
+13 different time-keeping styles, including a counting voice
+Dynamic accent settings, including f, mf, p, and mute indicators
+Calculate BPM by tapping in real time
+Color Mode – see the beats
+Pendulum Mode, for visual feedback
+Power-Saving/Background Modes – works in lock screen, home, or in another app
+In-app volume adjustment
+Timer to help you remember to practice and how long you did it for
+Universal app – supported on phones and tablets
+Stage Mode – the indispensable companion for performing musicians.
Upgrade to Pro Version to enable Pro Features:
+LED/Screen Flash Mode *
+Vibrate Mode, makes you FEEL the beats *
+Subdivisions, including Triplet, Dot note, and many other patterns.
+Polyrhythms – play two rhythm tracks at once
+Favorite Mode – save and load your favorite settings
+Rhythm Trainer – helps to develop your steady beats
+Wirelessly share presets and playlists(cross platform between Android and iOS systems)
+Practice Mode – allows you to programme automatic tempo change to suit your practice regime.
* LED Flash Mode only available for LED-Enabled devices
* Vibrate Mode only available for phones
* We need the Camera Permission to enable the LED Flash Mode function
=== About EUMLab ===
EUMLab helps unleash your musical talent! With pioneering technology, EUMLab create sleek, beautiful products for both the professional and novice musician alike.
Find out more about us: EUMLab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook: @EUMLab
Questions? Write us: email@example.com”
3. Metronome Beats
“A free interactive metronome app, Speed Trainer, and Drum Machine designed by musicians. With over 10 million downloads Metronome Beats is used worldwide for solo and group music practice, teaching and live concerts. It is also used to keep a steady tempo during running, golf putting practice, dancing, and many other activities.
Designed with ease of use in mind, Metronome Beats has controls for easily increasing and decreasing the tempo in small increments by one touch of the screen. The visual beat indicators help you to keep track of where you are in the bar and enable you to mute the metronome whilst still monitoring the tempo visually. You can also create your own custom sound settings or simply change the pitch to make Metronome Beats easier to hear over your instrument.
Only need a few bars lead in? Use the timer function to stop Metronome Beats when you want. You can also use Metronome Beats at the same time as other apps, allowing you to read sheet music off your Tablet whilst playing the metronome to check your tempo.
On larger devices the Tablet specific layout gives you access to all of the Metronome Beats features on one handy screen.
– Separate layout for larger devices
– Drum Machine
– Speed Trainer
– Select any tempo from 1 to 900 beats per minute.
– Don’t know how many beats per minute you need? Then use the tap tempo button to select a tempo.
– Option to keep the metronome playing when you exit allowing you to use it with other apps
– Set a timer to stop the metronome after a certain number of bars
– Displays Italian tempo markings – handy if you’re not sure how fast Vivace should be.
– Subdivide the beat with up to 16 clicks per beat – so you can practice the timing of your triplets.
– Choose whether to accent the first beat of the bar.
– Visual beat indication – mute the sound and use the visualisations to follow the beat.
– Your settings are saved automatically on exit – so you can carry on where you left off next time you play.
– Change the pitch of the sound to make the metronome easier to hear over your instrument.
Check out Metronome Beats Pro for even more features, including a “live” mode where you can create and play set lists.
Metronome Beats is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
For more help with using Metronome Beats, see our blog posts: