If you are looking for the Best Free Night Vision App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Free Night Vision App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Free Night Vision App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Free Night Vision App For Android
1. Thermal Camera FX : Sim/Prank
Even without that hardware, you can have
Real Time simulated thermal camera effect app for your device.
“Thermal Camera FX” allows you to save photos from the camera, record videos.
Effects can be changed while recording is in progress thus providing a more effective video as output.
“Thermal Camera FX” is a shader effect (SFX) based camera app, It only cosmetically changes your camera feed.
The requirement of Flir hardware is required for temp detection.
Some premium effects are locked for shooting photos for a nominal prize which can be unlocked via an in-app purchase
– Save images /Video quickly by a single touch of a button or hardware
– Supports camera flash
– Supports front camera
– Support hardware camera button
-Supports Flir One and Flir One pro
– Temp metering in Flir Mode
– PIP in Flir mode for visual vs thermal comparison
Saved images and videos are stored inside the camera folder “DCIM/ILThermalCam”
In-app purchases or Reward Advertisements can be used to unlock extra effects inside the app.
For any queries, grievances, suggestions, or issues with this app,
Email support at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Disclaimer: “Thermal Camera FX” does not detect any infra-red or have any short of heat sensing without Flir USB camera.”
2. Color Night Vision Camera Simulator & VR
“The Night Vision Camera app takes real pictures and videos at the lowest luminosity without any additional appliances. App will digitally amplify the slightest light beam reaching the camera of your device trying to simulate the real night vision goggles functionality.
*** App needs some light in order to work – it will not work in complete darkness ***
You can use this application to take pictures & video at low light as a torch app at complete darkness, as a mirror and selfie application using the front camera and many more.
Algorithm used is now revealed!
Application utilizes a breakthrough technology, pushing all the computing and hardware abilities of your phone to the limit, thus producing an outstanding effect.
The algorithm used by this app is based on the histogram equalization method. It will try to maximize the contrast of the image adapting to the light conditions. (Find more information here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram_equalization).
*** Use the adaptive tiles functionality so a bright spot does not blinds the image ***
With the latest update an application of the adaptive histogram equalization by interpolation algorithm is included. If you unlock the feature the screen will be divided to a grid of smaller parts. The histogram equalization algorithm will be then applied individually to each part.
You can find more information here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_histogram_equalization
The application includes the following features
– Virtual reality (VR) mode
– Optimizes camera for low light conditions.
– Gain slider to control the digital amplification.
– Exposure compensation slider to manually adjust the brightness of the camera preview.
– Pitch level – shows the horizontal pitch level of the device.
– Angle cross hair – show the angle of the device.
– Vertical compass – shows the geographic direction of the device when hold vertical.
– Horizontal compass – shows the geographic direction of the device when hold horizontally.
– Touch to focus at the desired location.
– Customized effect improves the color of the image.
– Color, green, red and black&white filters.
– Silent mode – shutter on/off.
– Zoom control
– Flash options depending on your device (On, off, auto, red eye, torch)
– Automatic brightness adjustment, works on normal light as well.
– Front, rear camera
– Last image captured display – click to open gallery
Photo edit functionality: You can apply the color night vision unique algorithm to process dark photos and give them some light.
Edited photos can be used as wallpaper or be shared with any known methods like to Facebook, Instagram or upload to cloud.
This app will not work in complete darkness (unless you are using the torch). Visibility in complete darkness requires infrared camera, something that Android phones does not have.
Remember, this night mode camera application does not provide the capabilities of a real night vision device. It just improves the brightness of the camera in the dark and is meant to be used for fun. The final result depends on the camera quality on your phone. The algorithm works well while using high quality phone camera as compare to low quality phone camera.”
3. Seek Thermal
Seek Thermal is the best way to experience and visualize thermal energy while on the go, at work, indoors, or in the outdoors. With this free app and a Seek thermal imaging camera, you can quickly and accurately detect, inspect, measure, and visualize thermal energy from your smartphone and tablet.
With the official Seek App, you can easily:
• Turn your phone into predator vision with connect & detect convenience
• Capture and easily share, store or document thermal photos & videos
• Take spot temperatures and thermal images detailing the entire scene
• Accurately inspect, diagnose, and assess the source quickly
• Safely examine any object in daylight or total darkness, including through obscurants like fog, smoke and light brush
• Easily navigate between multiple viewing modes and color palettes – ensuring multiple options to gain the best thermal image
• Use with your smartphone and tablet
Seek lets you get more done, faster and ensure productivity.
Some advanced features are not available to entry-level Compact and CompactXR models like Span & Level and Emissivity.”