If you are looking for the Best Free Notification App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 10 Best Free Notification App For Android that passed our tests.
- 10 Best Free Notification App For Android
Check out our list of the 10 Best Free Notification App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
10 Best Free Notification App For Android
1. Heads-up Notifications
“With Heads-up, any device can get the heads-up notifications introduced in the Android 5.0 “Lollipop”, no root required. But according to Addictivetips, this app is much more than just a backport. And according to the users, this app is way better than the original!
Heads-up displays the latest notification as a floating popup, complete with full text and quick actions (4.1+).
Works on everything running Android 3.1 and newer.
You’re in control: Heads-up has five pages of customization, so you’ll get notified your way.
Pocket detection – when you get a message, Heads-up turns the screen on if you take your phone out of the pocket!
Privacy on the lock screen (and in general – Heads-up doesn’t even have internet permission, so it can’t send your private data anywhere)
Heads-up is not a lockscreen app, so don’t expect it behave like the Lollipop lockscreen.
Heads-up notifications is available in over 20 languages, thanks to an awesome team of translators. As this app isn’t supported anymore, new translations will not make it into Heads-up.
If no popups appear, please make sure that Heads-up shows up in the list of running services. If it doesn’t, make sure you have enabled the service, and then reboot the phone.
Huawei, XIAOMI and MIUI users: please allow Heads-up to display popups under Settings > Apps > Downloaded > Heads-up. It might also be necessary to reset the app data/settings.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. It is used to work around a bug where the screen doesn’t turn off on certain devices, and you should not grant the device admin permission unless you are affected by this bug. If you find that the uninstall button is disabled, this is because you have granted this permission. To revoke this permission so you can uninstall the app, go to System Settings > Security > Device administrators > Heads-up, and tap Disable.
On very old devices (running Android 4.2 and older), this app uses Accessibility services in order to read your notifications. If you have other accessibility services running, they might block Heads-up from receiving your notifications. Please try to disable them if Heads-up doesn’t work.
Heads-up is open-source, licensed under GPL!
That means you can make your own version of Heads-up, as long as the resulting app also is open-source.
I don’t have time to work on this app anymore, and don’t expect answers to questions about the app. Sorry :(”
2. APUS Message Center: sms app
“APUS Message Center is one of unified messenger app for android. It helps unify and manage all messages from SMS, WhatsApp, Gmail and 3rd party apps. It includes message management, notification mamagement, contact manager, dialer and call log. It will completely bring you a fuss-free experience.
You can not only manage all kinds of messages (SMS, WhatsApp, Gmail, Yahoo mail, and 3rd party apps), but also find your contacts easily and make a phone call or view your call log in the new APUS Message Center. You only need this one application to grasp all the necessary functions.
If you are always jumping between SMS, WhatsAppp, Facebook Messenger, etc. Please try APUS Message Center right now! APUS Message Center brings you a more intelligent, easier and smarter experience.
▷Message Management (Support Dual SIM)
APUS Message Center provides not only text service such as SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook and instant messages but also email apps such as Gmail. APUS Message Center fully supports dual SIM devices for SMS, so you won’t miss any important messages. And it is also easy to search for contacts and message texts from dual SIM card.
In APUS Message Center, you can find one contact’s multiple social information and connect with them by dragging to the app you want. Eg. SMS, Dialer, Line, WeChat, WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, etc.
APUS Message Center also provides notification manager.It will clean your unimprortant notifications from your notification bar and help you get rid of messy notifications.
After you check a missed call or chatting with someone, you can directly make a phone call and view your call log in APUS Message Center.
Tired for your orderless notification bar? Try APUS Message Center now, you can check any notification (Gmail, WeChat, WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook messenger, instant messaging, etc ) you want by using APUS Message Center. It will always organize your important messages so that you can read more simply and conveniently find all notifications at one stop any time.
When there is a new message from SMS or WhatsApp, a message bubble will pop up to remind you to view the notification. Then you can read and reply messages of SMS and WhatsApp from pop-up notification bubble, without exiting the current app, and quick reply the message directly.
▷Regular Reminder for Messages
Notification bar will push so many notifications everyday, what if you miss some important messages? Don’t worry, APUS Message Center always reminds you about the messages from these app: Messages, Call, WeChat, Gmail, WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Twitter, Snapchat, Skype, Tinder and so on.
You’ll never miss important calls or unread messages (SMS, Gmail, Yahoo mail, social media apps notification)!
Within just one second, you can find notifications, Messages, SMS, Contacts, Calls, email (such as Yahoo mail and Gmail) without fuss by entering keywords. All messages and contacts are collected in one app.
APUS Message Center is an intelligent, simple, easy and fast messenger and message management tool for android, comes with collecting all messages, such as SMS and 3rd party apps messages. You can enjoy contact manager, phone calling, regular notifications, dual sim support, quick reply, group messages.
The conversation apps currently supported by APUS Message Center include but not limited: WhatsApp, Hike, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Wechat, QQ, Skype, LinkedIn, Imo, Kakao, VK, Tinder, Yandex mail, Hangouts and more.
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/APUSGROUP
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/apusgroup
– Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Official website: http://www.apusapps.com”
3. Material Notification Shade
Brings the features from Android Oreo to your notification center and adds a ton of customization on top so you can make your device stand out.
Replacement for your stock notification panel. The app uses gesture detection to provide you with a custom quick settings menu when you swipe down to reveal your notifications.
• Stock themes: Nougat and Oreo based themes.
• Full color customization: Take the base layout and color all the elements to your taste.
• Powerful notifications: Get it, read it, snooze or dismiss.
• Quick reply: Reply to your messages as soon as you see them. For all Android 5.0+ devices.
• Auto bundled: Tired of that one app that spams you notifications? Now they’re all grouped together, for easy control.
• Notification card themes: Android 8.0 Oreo inspired.
– Light: your ordinary notifications
– Colored: uses the notification’s color as the card background. Only applies the background if the color isn’t dark for contrast purposes.
– Dark: blend all your notifications with a pure black background (great on AMOLED screens).
Quick settings panel
– Choose a different color for the background or foreground (icons) of the quick settings panel.
– Change brightness slider color.
– Choose your own profile picture to be displayed in the shade.
– (Pro) Change quick settings grid layout (ie. number of columns and rows).
Root is optional
Since the app doesn’t actually change any parts of your system it has limited power in the quick settings area (cannot toggle mobile data, location services, etc so it opens the settings page for you). You can grant it root access though to control these settings.
Experience custom notifications panel on your device, easily and customizable.
This app uses Accessibility services.
Personalize your device and enjoy it every second you use it!”
4. notin – notes in notification
** Google Play’s Best Apps of 2017 Winner**
With notin, never forget the little things anymore. It’s an easy way to save notes or reminders as a notification.
notin helps you in reminding things you need to do, random numbers you do not want to save in your contacts and many more through the help of Notifications. The reminder doesn’t pop-up or rings, it just sits there and still does it’s job most efficiently.
• Save what you need, fast
• Be constantly reminded
• Beautifully designed
• Easy to use interface
• No unnecessary or complex features
== Notin Premium ==
Contribute to the notin development! We started out with the aim to provide the most simple and straightforward app to get your notes into notifications, without ANY ads ( because who likes ads😒). Now we’re bringing you an option to treat us some coffee while we work on the most requested features. As part of first premium release you’ll get:
• Sticky notin
Notifications shall persist when sticky mode is turned on. ‘Clear all’ button won’t be able to remove your notins. They won’t leave your side unless you command.
• Undying notin
‘Power off’ and ‘Reboot’ won’t have enough power to remove your notins. Your notins shall revive every time you turn on your device.”
Supports Whatsapp, FB Messenger and other messengers.
· Autosave new messages
· Autosave Status
Read messages privately.
Don’t miss anything from now on – read all messages.
Read privately, without leaving “read mark” on messengers.
Easy to read.
Easy to manage.
– About required permissions:
• READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Read media files mentioned on notifications
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Save media files received on notifications”
6. MP3 Cutter and Ringtone Maker
“Cut mp3, ringtone application help you cut a favorite part of a audio song, a music file. You can use the cut result as ringtone, alarm, notification tone or a music song.
You can manage cut results easily and you can share them with your friends.
This app is a best choice to make your own ringtones (support WAV, FLAC, AAC formats). User can record a live audio then use this app as editor to edit and trim the best parts.
editor supports MP3, WAV, AAC, AMR, FLAC and most other music formats. Music editor, alarm tone maker, ringtone cutter or notification tone creator are other names of this application.
With mp3 cutter and ringtone maker you can:
+ Select music (MP3, WAV, ACC, FLAC, ARM) from your mobile then choose part to be chopped from the music song
+ Or record a live audio then choose part to be chopped from your audio
Then you can save as ringtone, alarm, notification or a new song to listen. You also can share it.
– Find all music, audio files stored in your phone memory and sd cards.
– Edit music, audio with two options: trim (remove left part and right part) or remove middle part. Select parts by setting start & end for the audio clip or using an optional touch interface.
– Record live audio, music for editing.
– Save as ringtone, alarm, notification or a new song to listen.
– Option to delete (with confirmation alert) the created Tone.
– Option to Name the new cut clip while saving it.
– Set the new clip as default ringtone or assign to contacts, using this editor.
– Manage contact ringtone
Please download audio cutter, mp3 cutter to make the best ringtone from favorite songs. If you have question about audio cutter and ringtone maker please send feedback to us.”
7. Galaxy Notification – Heads up
★ Favorite application: Display notification from your favorite apps.
★ Block notification : You can temp block notification from which unwanted apps also.
★ Working perfectly on Lock screen
★ Beautiful Bubble Notification bubble effect.
★ Supported almost languages.
★ Many customizations setting for user.
Notifications just got simpler, more secure, and more beautiful than ever before.
We take privacy seriously and we make sure do not storage any user data.
If you have feel good with my app. Please rating 5 * to support developer.
Don’t hesitate contact me if have any suggestion.
Thank and appreciate !”
8. Notification History
“Notification History records USSD, Class 0 (Flash) SMS, popped dialog, app installation, toasts and notifications. This can be used to:
1. Backup messages by apps and read them later
2. Find out which app pushed annoying status bar advertisement, and uninstall it.
3. Auto dismiss USSD and Class 0 dialog (pro version)
* Record notifications on status bar
* Record toasts
* Record USSD messages
* Record class 0 (Flash) SMS message
* Record all dialog messages
* Record app install/update/uninstall history
* Group messages by apps
* Sort message by time
* Clear notifications
* Uninstall apps directly
* Ignore notification from specific apps
* 12/24 hours time format
* Support copy notification to clipboard.
* Display installation source of apps (System app, Google play, amazon and unknown installer)
* Support search
Upgrade to PRO version for more features:
* Backup and share notifications
* Desktop widget to show the latest notifications
* Show recent notifications on status bar
* Auto dismiss USSD and Class 0 (Flash) SMS dialog
* Convert dialog of USSD and Class 0 SMS to notifications
* Vibration, sound, LED for USSD and Flash SMS messages
* No advertisements
Supported FlashSMS dialog from SMS apps on pro version:
* Stock SMS app
* GoSMS Pro
* Google Hangout
* Google Messenger
Run at startup – used for auto purge outdated or outnumbered notifications to reduce memory usage
Internet Access – It’s used for show banner ads within the app. Upgrade to PRO version to remove the permission requirement.
This app uses Accessibility services. Informations are only stored locally and not shared.
Usage for system below Android 5.0:
* To start collecting notifications, go to system Settings->Accessibility, then enable accessibility and Notifications History service
* To stop the collecting, just disable accessibility and Notifications History service
* To ignore notifications from one app, long click the app and select Ignore on the popped menu
Usage on Android 5.0+:
* To start recording toasts, go to system Settings->Accessibility, then enable accessibility and Notifications History service
* To start recording notifications, go to system Notification Access settings and check Notification History
* To stop the record, just uncheck these settings.
How to hide USSD or Class 0 dialog automatically? Please be advised that it only works on android 4.1 and above with PRO version.
Step 1. Check “Record USSD” or “Record Class 0 Message) to enable dialog detection and message recording
Step 2. Check “Hide Dialog” to enable auto hide. Also optionally check “Display Notification”, “Enable Viration” or “Enable Sound” to get additional reminders.
What is a Class 0 messages (Flash SMS)?
It is a type of SMS that appears directly on the main screen without user interaction and is not automatically stored in the inbox.
It can be useful in emergencies, such as a fire alarm or cases of confidentiality, as in delivering one-time passwords.
Supported Class 0(FlashSMS) dialog in these SMS apps:
* Stock SMS app
* GoSMS Pro
* Google Hangout
* Google Messenger
Q: Can I read deleted or recalled Whatsapp, BBM, Skype, Wechat or other chat/social app messages?
A: Because notifications were not saved by system anywhere, only after Notification History is enabled, these message can be read later.
Q: Why the app does not record any notifications?
A: There’re 2 possible cause. #1. The accessibility service and Notification History Pro service was not enabled. #2. Other accessibility service are using the notification access. In this case, try to disable other services and have a try again. If still not working, please send me an email for further support.”
9. Glimpse Notifications
“Tired of having to press the power button to see new notifications?
Ex-iPhone user and cannot believe your Android doesn’t offer such a basic function?
Your new phone doesn’t have LED notification anymore?
Want to pull your phone out of your bag or pocket and immediately have it enabled?
Like to get repeated reminders for pending notifications?
Then this app is for you!
• Keeps using the secure system lock screen
• Control how long the lock screen is shown
• Choose which apps whose notifications should turn on the screen
• Quiet Times to prevent the screen from turning on at a bad time
• Supports System Do Not Disturb (DnD) modes
• Extensive pocket mode to prevent the screen from turning on in your pocket
• Double-tap to lock on the lock screen (only < Oreo)
• Recurring notifications
• Motion detection notices when you picket up the phone to check a new notification
• App is as energy efficient as possible
• This is a private pet project – so it’s free! No data is being collected!
Caschys Blog (German): http://stadt-bremerhaven.de/app-tipp-glimpse-notifications/
XDA Development Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-glimpse-notifications-t3090575
FINGERPRINT SENSORS AND SMARTLOCKS
Depending on your configuration, this app may need the Device Administrator permission.
To implement several (optional) features, Glimpse Notifications may need to turn off the screen. By default no special permissions are needed for this. To improve security or for a better user experience you may give the app device administrator or accessibility service permissions.
PROBLEMS ON SOME DEVICES
Android devices are quite diverse and not all functions work equally well everywhere. The FAQ (English) contains a lot of hints how to configure this app for devices by Sasmung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus, …
HUAWEI, Xiaomi (MIUI)
Glimpse Notifications only shows the lock screen, it doesn’t render the notifications. To see notifications from, for instance, your texting app, your need to open system settings and allow the texting app to show notifications on the lock screen.
SAMSUNG EDGE LIGHTING
To avoid conflicts, it is recommended to disable Edge lighting or at least remove Glimpse Notifications from Edge lighting.
• BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE: Core permission to have the app being informed about new notifications.
• WAKE_LOCK: needed to turn on the screen
• BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN: to close and lock the screen
• BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE: can be given to close the screen with perfect user experience (only Android 9+)
• READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to determine the duration of custom notification sounds.
• SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: implement double-tap to lock (only until Android 7)
• VIBRATE: recurring notifications can be indicated using a vibration pattern
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
Nullgrad Apps cannot be held responsible for damages happening by using this app. This includes, but is not limited to, notifications being missed or misinterpreted due some function of Glimpse Notifications.”
10. Notification Manager
“Notification Manager is a plugin belongs to All-In-One Toolbox. It is designed to bulk manage app notification messages from notification bar in an easy and fast way. It allows you to show important notifications and ignore annoying unnecessary notifications. Blocked messages will be hidden together in one place for later check. In this way, you can keep phone notification bar in a cleaner and tidy status.
How to use?
Step 1: Install Notification Manager and its mother program All-In-One Toolbox(Cleaner)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=imoblife.toolbox.full, find it from All-In-One Toolbox- Toolbox- Plugins
Step 2: Grant “Notification Access” to Notification Manager
Step 3: Go to app Settings and enable Notification Manager
Step 4: Pick apps you want to hide notifications, and it is done!
How to find blocked messages
Blocked messages are put together in Notification Manager; click Notification Manager on notification bar, you can check all unread notifications there. Drag a message right and you will be able to delete it.
Create shortcut for Notification Manager
For easy access to this Plugin you can create a shortcut for it in this way:
All-In-One Toolbox- Toolbox- Plugins- Notification Manager – click the three Three dots settings on right corner- Create shortcut
Or you can fast access to this feature via All-In-One Toolbox widget:
Long press on blank home screen to add widget, and choose All-In-One Toolbox’s widgets.
► Features list in All-In-One Toolbox
– Junk File Cleaner
– Rom Cleaner
– Duplicate file cleaner
– Task Killer, Memory Booster
– Batch install/Uninstall app
– Move app to sd card
– Backup and restore app
– System app manager
– Startup app manager
– Apk Manager
– SD Card File Manager
– Privacy Protector
– Easy Swipe
– CPU Cooler
– Smart Charger
– App Advertisement Detector
– App Locker
– Auto Clean & Boost Tasks
– Game Booster
– App Permission Check
– QR & Bar code Scanner
– Quick System Settings
– Sensor Box
– Quick Volume Settings
Please join our Google+ beta test group to help us improving app:
Any questions please feel free to drop us an email: email@example.com”