If you are looking for the Best Free Offline Os Maps Apps For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Free Offline Os Maps Apps For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Free Offline Os Maps Apps For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Free Offline Os Maps Apps For Android
1. Google Maps
“Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
• Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
* Also available for Wear OS
* Navigation isn’t intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles”
2. Yandex Maps – App to the city
“Search for an address or the best places nearby even when you’re offline. Yandex Maps gives you more information about businesses, helps you find your way to places using transport or on foot, and shows the location of transport on a route in real time.
Search for and select locations:
• The largest organization database and filters to refine your search.
• Detailed information: contacts, hours of operation, services provided, photos, and reviews.
• Floor plans to find your way around Moscow’s major shopping malls.
• Search for places and addresses without an internet connection (offline maps).
• View saved locations on different devices.
• On foot, including passageways between buildings and walking paths.
• On public transport, with information about scheduled arrival at a stop.
• By bike, with road types, crossings, and warnings about vehicle roadways.
• By car, with navigation that takes account of the traffic situation, and warnings about cameras.
• Real-time location of buses, trams, trolleybuses, and minibuses is shown on the map.
• Important transportation facilities such as stops and metro stations are highlighted.
• Option to display only selected routes on the map.
• Moving transport tags are shown on the maps of major cities like Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Krasnodar, Voronezh, Ufa, and Samara.
• Optimal routes for avoiding traffic, with different route options displayed on the map.
• Navigator with voice prompts along the route.
• Speed camera, speed limit, and speeding notifications.
• Real-time updates on traffic, road accidents, speed radar, and more.
• Offline maps to download for use without an internet connection.”
3. OsmAnd — Maps & GPS Offline
“OsmAnd is an offline world map application based on OpenStreetMap (OSM), which allows you to navigate taking into account the preferred roads and vehicle dimensions. Plan routes based on inclines and record GPX tracks without an internet connection.
OsmAnd is an open source app. We do not collect user data and you decide what data the app will have access to.
• Choice of places to be displayed on the map: attractions, food, health and more;
• Search for places by address, name, coordinates, or category;
• Map styles for the convenience of different activities: touring view, nautical map, winter and ski, topographic, desert, off-road, and others;
• Shading relief and plug-in contour lines;
• Ability to overlay different sources of maps on top of each other;
• Plotting a route to a place without an Internet connection;
• Customizable navigation profiles for different vehicles: cars, motorcycles, bicycles, 4×4, pedestrians, boats, public transport, and more;
• Change the constructed route, taking into account the exclusion of certain roads or road surfaces;
• Customizable information widgets about the route: distance, speed, remaining travel time, distance to turn, and more;
Route Planning and Recording
• Plotting a route point by point using one or multiple navigation profiles;
• Route recording using GPX tracks;
• Manage GPX tracks: displaying your own or imported GPX tracks on the map, navigating through them;
• Visual data about the route – descents/ascents, distances;
• Ability to share GPX track in OpenStreetMap;
Creation of points with different functionality
• Audio/video notes;
• Making edits to OSM;
• Updating maps with a frequency of up to one hour;
• Android Auto support;
• Compass and radius ruler;
• Mapillary interface;
• Night theme;
• Large community of users around the world, documentation, and support;
Maps+ (in-app or subscription)
• Unlimited map downloads;
• Topo data (Contour lines and Terrain);
• Nautical depths;
• Offline Wikipedia;
• Offline Wikivoyage – Travel guides;
OsmAnd Pro (subscription)
• All Maps+ features;
• OsmAnd Cloud (backup and restore);
• Pro features;
• Hourly map updates.”
4. OS Maps: Explore hiking trails & walking routes
“Discover the great outdoors with Great Britain’s most popular leisure mapping app and explore your way with OS Maps. Walk, hike, ramble, bike or even run across stunning paths throughout the Great British countryside and find the route that’s right for you.
Looking to stick to local paths and walking routes? Or do you want to venture off the beaten track with new and exciting map routes? Discover Great Britain and all of the exhilarating cycling and hiking routes it has to offer. Enjoy the fresh air and experience the enjoyment of finding brand new paths that you never even knew existed. Hike, bike, ramble, run and enjoy every inch of Great Britain and its scenic countryside.
From the beach to the countryside, explore the great outdoors the way you want and do it all while staying safe.
Walk, hike, bike, run, ramble, horse ride and more – why you’ll love using OS Maps:
• UNMISTAKABLE OS MAPPING
Subscribe to unlock the detail and accuracy of OS leisure maps across the whole country including OS Explorer 1: 25,000 and OS Landranger 1:50,000 maps.
• DISCOVER THOUSANDS OF MAP ROUTES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Discover the great outdoors and search for the best cycling and hiking routes in your area as rated by fellow outdoor enthusiasts and plot your own route to follow, share or record.
• AWARD-WINNING MAP TECHNOLOGY
OS Maps was voted Yahoo Sports Technology Awards Best App, Outdoor Industry Awards Digital Product of the Year and Singletrack Best Online Service.
• MAP ROUTES ON EVERY DEVICE
View, create and sync your activities between desktop and mobile. On a desktop, premium users can use our 3D Aerial Layer to plan a route, see the terrain, explore in stunning 3D with route fly-throughs and print maps.
Want to explore the great outdoors even more? From additional hiking routes to Augmented Reality our premium subscription gives you access to many other exciting features.
• PREMIUM FEATURES
Enjoy authored routes from BBC Countryfile, Country Walking, Mountain Bike UK, Trail Running Magazine, AA Walks and more.
• NATIONAL PARK TRAILS ACROSS GREAT BRITAIN
Use OS Maps as your off-road sat nav with automatic ‘snap-to-path’ giving you the most enjoyable and safe route between two points in National Parks.
• VIEW MAPS OFFLINE
Download your favourite areas to view offline – so you can view any part of Great Britain even without signal. Plus, you can export your favourite walking routes to your GPS device.
• UNLIMITED PRINTING (via OS Maps Web)
Print a copy of your custom routes and maps to take with you so you always have a backup
• 3D MAPPING AND FLYTHROUGHS
Explore anywhere in Britain with the Aerial 3D layer. Fly-through a route to get a good understanding of the terrain, find the best viewpoints and discover nearby points of interest.
• AUGMENTED REALITY
Pan the landscape to see what’s nearby including hills and mountains, forest and woodland, transport, settlements, coast and water. And, with one click, find local area information with routes, places to stay and local images.
• USEFUL INFORMATION
Battery life can be dramatically decreased by using GPS constantly.
We release updates to all of our apps as we improve them, making them even more stable and adding extra features. Along the way, your feedback and comments about those apps are really important to us. If there’s something you’d like us to know, please tell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover hiking routes, walking routes, cycling paths and so much more with the app that lets you explore the joy of the Great British countryside. Whether you want to hike, bike, run, ramble or walk – discover thousands of exciting map routes today!
Terms & Conditions at os.uk/termsosmaps”
Save mobile data, no internet is required.
Use driving, walking and cycle navigation anywhere in the world.
Save you time planning the trip and never miss an interesting place with our ready-made travel guides. We’ve partnered with the best travel content creators to build travel guide catalog for hundreds of destinations around the world. Whether you prefer city travel, car trips or outdoor activities you will find a great choice of guides for a perfect journey.
Directions to points of interest (POI), hiking trails and places missing from other maps.
Maps are updated by millions of OpenStreetMap contributors daily. OSM is an open-source alternative to popular map services.
FAST AND RELIABLE
Offline search, GPS navigation along with optimized maps to effectively save memory space.
Save locations you love and share them with your friends.
Essential for home and travel. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, Chicago, Florida, Las Vegas, Nevada, Seattle, San Francisco, California, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check.
New online city traffic maps. Check out updates on traffic info and fastest driving routes in 36 countries!
– Search through different categories e.g. restaurants, cafes, tourist attractions, hotels, ATMs and public transport (metro, bus…)
– Make hotel bookings via Booking.com directly from the app
– Share your location via text message or social media
– When cycling or walking, the app shows whether the way is uphill or downhill
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you have any questions, visit our Help Center: support.maps.me.
If you are unable to find the answer to your question, contact us at: email@example.com.
Follow us on FB: http://www.facebook.com/mapswithme | Twitter: @MAPS_ME”
In order to focus all our effort on our Outdooractive app and website, we currently expect to switch off access to the ViewRanger app at the end of February 2022. We recommend you download and use the Outdooractive app instead of ViewRanger.
If you are already using ViewRanger, we offer you an easy way to move to the Outdooractive app – where you can continue to access your maps, tracks, routes, POIs, and other ViewRanger app data.
Search for “Outdooractive” and download the app for free.
If you made one-off payments to access maps within ViewRanger, then we are offering free access to a set of maps via the Outdooractive app instead. The maps we are offering depend on the region of the maps you made one-off payments for in ViewRanger. The maps will be from the same map data provider or, where necessary, from an alternative map data provider depending on the map region.
If you have a current ViewRanger subscription, then you have an Outdooractive Pro subscription that will expire at the same time as your ViewRanger subscription. You will then need to renew your subscription via the Outdooractive app. It is no longer possible to purchase or renew a ViewRanger subscription.
By connecting your ViewRanger account to Outdooractive, routes you have plotted, routes you have downloaded, activity tracks you have recorded, a record of the challenges you participated in, and points-of-interest you have marked, will continue to be available within your Outdooractive account.
>> OS WEAR by Google
• Navigate trails and view track stats on your wrist with OS Wear enabled smartwatches.
• Record a new track and pause or stop an existing track recording.
• View heading, bearing, lat/long and altitude data.
Free Global maps © OpenStreetMap contributors.
Some features, such as viewing online maps, browsing routes, downloading maps and routes and sharing your location using BuddyBeacon require an internet connection.”