If you are looking for the Best Free Pdf Reader App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Free Pdf Reader App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Free Pdf Reader App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Free Pdf Reader App For iPhone
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader: Edit PDF
“Do you need to work with documents on the go? Get the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app, the world’s most trusted PDF viewer, with more than 635 million installs. Store your files online and read documents anywhere. You can also view, share, annotate, and add signatures to documents.
With a premium subscription, you can edit text and images in PDFs, convert and create PDFs, combine, or organise PDFs, and more.
VIEW AND PRINT PDFs
• Open and view PDFs.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Help save battery with dark mode.
• Print documents directly from your device.
READ PDFs MORE EASILY
• Get the best PDF reading experience with Liquid Mode.
• Content in your PDF document reflows to fit your screen.
• Use the Liquid Mode outline for quick navigation.
• Search to find text fast in your documents.
SHARE PDFs AND COLLABORATE
• Share files for commenting or viewing.
• Collect comments from multiple people in one file online.
• Speed up document reviews by responding to each other’s comments.
• Receive activity notifications for files you’ve shared.
• Add notes and comments to PDFs, including sticky notes and highlights.
• Write on PDF documents by adding text or drawings.
• Share a file with others to collect all comments in one place.
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
• Easily fill in PDF forms with the form filler feature.
• Add a signature to documents using your finger or stylus.
STORE AND MANAGE FILES
• Sign in to your free account to store and access files across devices.
• Access all your files by linking online storage accounts, like Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
• Star files to quickly open your most important or favourite documents.
CONNECT TO GOOGLE DRIVE
• Connect your Google Drive account to access PDFs and other files with ease.
• View, share, and star Google Drive files.
• Create, edit, combine, compress, and export Google Drive files with a subscription.
WORK WITH SCANNED DOCUMENTS
• Access scanned PDFs that you’ve captured using the free Adobe Scan app.
• Open your scans in Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill, sign, comment, and share.
EDIT PDFs (PREMIUM FEATURE)
• Subscribe to edit text and images directly in your PDF.
• Fix a typo or add a paragraph with the PDF editor feature.
• Add, delete, or rotate an image.
Subscribe for even more PDF power. Subscriptions work across mobile and web.
• Edit text and images right in your PDF document (mobile only).
• Combine files into one PDF file and organise pages.
• Create PDF files from documents or images.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
• Compress PDF files to reduce file size.
• Protect PDF documents by adding passwords.
The Acrobat Reader mobile app is designed to work with customers who have Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) enabled.
Terms & Conditions:
Adobe Acrobat Reader puts your office in your pocket. View, annotate, fill, sign, and share PDFs for free. Working with PDF documents has never been so easy.”
2. “PDF Expert: PDF Editor, Reader”
“PDF Expert is one of my must-have iPad apps and a desktop-class PDF reader”. – MacStories.net
“I was blown away at how easy the app is to use”. – MakeUseOf
“The best app for managing, editing, and reading PDFs on your iPad”. – The Sweet Setup
*** WITH PDF EXPERT YOU CAN ***
READ PDFs WITH EASE
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Enable full-text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Use the Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
HIGHLIGHT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
• Mark important info in books or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
• Insert predesigned stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential, and more.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
• Enable 2-way sync with storage to provide continuous work with documents among all devices.
• Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
• Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
• Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
ADD EMOTION WITH STICKERS
• Express yourself with amazing stickers that can be used right inside your PDFs.
*** WITH PRO FEATURES OF THE SUBSCRIPTION***
With the additional PRO subscription, you can get unique PDF superpowers.
EDIT ORIGINAL PDF TEXT
• Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
ADD AND EDIT IMAGES
• Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
• Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
• Sign documents with signatures synchronized across all your devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD
• Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.
• Protect your files from unauthorized reading with a password.
• Quickly access your favorite tools with a fully customizable toolbar.
• Scale and measurement tools.
• Polygon and polyline shapes.
• Redline tools.
• Now linking any part of the text to a different page or even a website is fast. Moreover, links can be added to images.
REDACT SENSITIVE DATA
• Using the Redact feature you can permanently erase or hide any sensitive information in your PDFs.
• Now you can magically convert PDFs to Word, Excel, PPT, JPG/PNG, and TXT, and vice versa. Converting happens locally on your device, so your files are absolutely secure.
If you choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current PDF Expert PRO subscription price starts at $49.99 USD/year. Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US, and are subject to change without notice. If you don’t choose to purchase PDF Expert PRO, you can simply continue using PDF Expert for free. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
3. PDF Reader Pro – Lite Edition
“PDF Reader Pro is an essential app for anyone who reads, highlights, OCR, signs, converts, creates, protects, compresses and fills out PDFs on their iPhone and iPad. This full-featured powerhouse makes it easy to organize, annotate and edit your PDF library. Import files from your computer or the cloud, then complete forms, add freehand drawings and audio notes and more.
PDF Reader Pro offers even more – merge and combine multiple documents, split your PDF into several files, insert pages from another PDF, insert photos or hyperlinks to your PDF files, Convert PDF to Word and any other Microsoft Office® formats. With support for reading files from popular productivity suites, it’s a convenient way to take the office anywhere you go.
PDF Reader Pro Edition for Professional is your last PDF application you would ever need.
・View PDFs with night mode to comfort your eyes, free to change diversified themes.
・ Choose vertically/horizontally scroll pages, support single pages/two pages/book mode.
・ Select full-screen, crop mode, multi-tab viewing, auto scroll, slideshow, text reflow mode.
・ Use the Text to Speech feature to read the selected text for you.
・ Make bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files
・ Enable full text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
・ Print documents directly from your device.
・ DRM, supports Vitrium* protected PDF files (Like University of Phoenix ebooks)
・Annotate your PDF with highlight, underline, strikethrough, note, freehand, text box, anchored note, rectangle, circle, line etc.
・Create multiple signatures for any situation with trackpad, keyboard or images.
・Insert pre-designed stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential and more.
・Linking any part of the text to a different page, email or even a website is fast.
・ Share your annotated PDFs with others via PDF documents/Flattened copy/ Summary/ Original PDF.
・ Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
・ Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, combo boxes, list boxes, etc.
· Export from PDF to Microsoft Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx), Excel (.xlsx), RTF, Text, Image, HTML, CSV, and more Offline.
・ Convert MS Office documents, iWorks, web content, and images to PDFs.
・ Create a new PDF as a blank PDF or from your clipboard content.
・ Merge & Split PDFs available, split documents into multiple documents or combine multiple pages into a new one.
・ Extract the desired pages to create a new PDF.
・ Rotate, rearrange, add , and delete PDF pages.
PDF Editing Toolkit
・Add and edit watermarks to keep your documents safe and professional. Watermark tiling is supported.
・Extract images from PDFs.
・Create a Flattened copy to flatten PDF to make the contents static.
・ Shrink and slim large PDFs to reduce file size. PDF size-reduction for easily sharing.
· Convert scanned PDF files or pictures into editable and searchable PDFs or TXT files. 50+ languages supported!
· OCR helps extract texts from scanned PDF forms or images.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD AND ENCRYPTION
・ Passcode to restrict access to PDF Reader with a password.
・ Encrypt to protect your PDF files from unauthorized reading with a password.
・Make continuous scans and automatically detect edges of scanned objects.
・ Support a total of 36 voices for 26 languages.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
・ Store and secure files on iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Evernote, Box, FTP, WebDav, etc.
Backup Files between iOS Devices, Mac and PC
・ Connect your iPhone/iPad with a desktop for transferring files using USB or WiFi connection.
Support Various File Types
・ MS Office, iWork, image files
・ Compressed files (zip, rar)
・ audio and video files
・ Other file formats
Have any feedback, comments or issues? Please contact us directly at email@example.com”
4. PDF Reader－Expert PDF Editor
“PDF Reader is a powerful PDF solution for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Any PDF expert or manager can use PDF Reader to annotate, edit, combine, convert, encrypt, scan, and sign PDF documents, wherever you are at school, work, home, or on the go. With PDF Reader, you will never struggle again with complicated PDF documents and will enjoy consistent PDF-editing capabilities on all your devices.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
– Featured as “10 Essentials” in Utility on iTunes
– Featured in “10 Best PDF Reader Apps For iPhone & iPad 2019” by FOSSBYTES
– Featured as “Best Utility App” in App Store Rewind
– Recommended by Techradar, Techworm, Softonic, and Waerfa
OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
• Recognize and extract text from scans
• Export OCR results as text or searchable PDFs
• Support 50+ languages
• Add passwords to lock PDFs
• Remove passwords & restrictions from PDFs
• Add & remove PDF watermarks
• Validate certificates & signatures in PDF documents
• Support built-in and cloud converter
• Support PDF to Word, Excel, PPT & image conversions (docx, xlsx, pptx, jpg, png, gif & bmp).
• Create PDFs from doc scanner
• Fill out & edit PDF forms
• Merge multiple files into one PDF
• Split a large PDF into several small PDFs
• Change PDF background color
• Rotate, delete, add, and rearrange pages
• Extract pages or images from PDFs
• Supports all mainstream file formats, including Vitrium* PDF format (Like University of Phoenix Ebooks)
• Text Reflow & Auto Flow
• Present a PDF as a slideshow
• View multiple PDFs as tabs
• Dark mode supported (only for iOS13 & macOS Mojave and later)
• Convert text to spoken audio (text-to-speech)
ANNOTATE & REVIEW PDF
• Annotate PDFs with highlights, underlines, strikeout text, shapes, sticky notes & text boxes
• Add pre-designed stamps, including Approved, Sign Here, Confidential, and more
• Add custom stamps with time and date information
• Insert hyperlinks to external websites, target pages, and email address
• Attach audio notes & insert images to PDFs
• Flatten all annotations before sharing
• Save annotations as XFDF format
• Remove all annotations in one tap
SIGN & WRITE ON PDF
• Sign contracts and agreements with signatures
• Create and manage signatures from within the library
• Add handwritten notes to PDFs
• Turn handwriting into text with Scribble (Available for iPad)
• Get files from Kdan Cloud, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Evernote, FTP, or WebDAV client
• Display all files in thumbnails or a list
• Send faxes directly from within the app
Sharing & Action Extension
• Export web pages and photos as PDFs
• Edit PDFs using PDF Reader’s editing tools from within another app
Unlock the full PDF Reader experience with a Document 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC & Mac.
DOCUMENT 365 (Access to all platforms, 1 TB Kdan Cloud storage included)
• Annual plan: billed annually at $59.99/year after the 7-day trial ends
• Quarterly plan: billed quarterly at $19.99/quarter after 3-day trial ends
• Monthly plan: billed monthly at $9.99/monthly after 3-day trial ends
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration, and at the present subscription price. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://www.kdanmobile.com/terms_of_service
Got a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out https://support.kdanmobile.com
5. “PDFelement: PDF Editor,Scanner”
“PDFelement – The ultimate PDF editor with all the tools to read, edit, annotate, protect and create PDF files on your iPhone and iPad. It is trusted by millions of people with more stable performance, stunning new UI and iOS-friendly experience, and richer functions.
What’s New of PDFelement:
1. Multi-Language: Support for 12 languages.
2. Multi-Platform: A single account across all platform
3. Richer Functions: Cloud Services, Apple Pencil, File Search, Compress Files, Dark mode, Multitasking Mode, Drag&Drop, etc.
*** WITH PDFelement YOU CAN ***
√ PDF Editor
– Edit text, images in PDFs
– Use Font recognition
– Change font, size, color, and more
– Select paragraphs to cut, copy, paste or delete them
– Support undo and redo to make your editing workflow easier
√Draw With Apple Pencil
– Supports handwriting input to avoid the imprecision of finger operation
– View two different PDFs side by side on iPad
– Quickly open and view PDF documents
– Support full-text search, scroll, and zoom in and out
– Choose the single or double-page mode
– Select either vertical or horizontal scroll mode
– Transition using continuous or jump page transitions
– Support to view various format files, including Excel, PPT, Word, image, audio, video, etc.
√ Merge PDFs
– Combine different PDF files into a new PDF
√ Markup & Annotate PDF
– Add a text box with an arrow, text call-out, stamps, freehand drawings, and use the eraser
– Highlight, underline, or strikethrough context
– Allow you to find any notes and markups quickly
√ Create & Compress PDF
– Create PDF files from blank documents or images, including input format: bmp, jpg, png, tif, gif, pcx, tga, exif, fpx, psd, cdr, pcd, dxf, etc.
– Compress PDFs to reduce the file size
√ Fill & Sign Forms
– Directly edit your PDF forms with ease
– Sign your forms using a handwritten signature
√ Flatten PDF
– Invalidate interactive comments in PDF document content and make them part of the document object
√ Cloud Services & Wi-Fi Transfer
– Import files from cloud storage, including iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV, FTP, and SFTP via Wi-Fi wireless transfer
√ Work with Scanned Documents
– When you use the mobile phone to shoot documents, it automatically removes the cluttered background and generates a high-definition version of the PDF.
– The paper file can be quickly converted into a clear scanned PDF document.
√ Page Management
– Support for extracting, reordering, rotating, inserting or deleting pages
√ PDF File Management
– Manage PDFs effortlessly, and customize your own PDF folder using embedded folders
– Supports to view files in grid mode and list display mode
– Sort and search for your files
√ Dark Mode
– Switch to dark mode to change the background color of the app window
√ File Sharing
– Print and share the edited PDF directly through email
√ Bookmarks Management
– Use Bookmarks for intuitive navigation through PDF files
– Add, delete, modify, search and edit your bookmarks
√ Protect PDFs with Password
– Set a password to protect PDFs from being opened by unauthorized users
In-APP Purchase Details
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the
end of the current period.
Please note that this app only supports editing native PDF files. It does not support editing the scanned PDF. If you cannot edit the text in PDF, please check if it is a scanned PDF. Thank you!
Need HELP? Please contact us! We’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
Support Center： http://support.wondershare.com