If you are looking for the Best Free Pedometer App For Android 2018 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Pedometer App For Android 2018 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Pedometer App For Android 2018, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Pedometer App For Android 2018
1. Pacer Pedometer:Walking Step & Calorie Tracker App
“The Pacer App: “Walking & Running Pedometer for Health & Weight” syncs steps & calories w/ MyFitnessPal and Fitbit! Track your step, walking & weight loss with this free health counter. Lose weight and track walk distance and calories burned using 24/7 step counting from our pedometer, step counter & health tracker app.
Download the Pedometer app for free to turn your phone into your personal health and weight loss tracker! Lose weight with calorie burning guided fitness plans, step counting and activity tracking. Join our health, fitness and walking community and get fit and active!
How Pacer works:
-Just download, open and start walking. Our free step counter app will track your steps automatically if your phone is with you
-“Trends:” Track your complete activity history (steps, calorie count, etc.)
-“Explore:” Groups & challenges
-“Me:” Track weight, habits and more. Sync w/ MyFitnessPal & Fitbit.
-“Plan:” Daily exercise plans for your health goals
For Better Accuracy:
1. Go to “Pedometer Preferences” and adjust the Pedometer mode if the step counter is not accurately tracking steps
2. Add our app to your cleaning tool’s “ignore” list so the step tracker doesn’t get shut down
3. No two people walk the same. Adjust step counter sensitivity if needed to improve walking tracker accuracy
Some phones just can’t count steps if the screen is off or locked. We try hard to support as many phones as we can. If these steps don’t solve your problem, your device could be the issue. Email our support and we’ll work hard get your step counting back on track.
Just Download and Go
-No wristband or additional tracker hardware required. Count your steps with just your phone … and our counter is free!
-No website login needed. Just download our walking app to start counting steps and tracking calories burned.
Complete Fitness & Steps Tracking
-Built-in pedometer tracks your steps as you walk. The step counter works whether your phone is in your hand, pocket or purse
-Count steps, calories, distance and active time
-GPS activity tracker tracks outdoor fitness activities on a map
-Works with MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. Pedometer syncs activity data to MyFitnessPal and Fitbit creating the ultimate weight loss tool and step counter app
-All of these tracking features are free! True free step counting.
Powerful Fitness Plans
-Daily exercise plans designed by pro trainers to improve health, lose weight and stay active
-Exercise plans for all activity levels and health goals
-Step by step audio and video guided workouts
Groups and Events – Motivation
-Create walking groups to burn calories together with friends & family
-Compete in events for motivation to walk and lose weight
Track your Health and Fitness Data
-Track your steps, activity and calorie burn. Make every step count and lose more weight
-Sync our tracker with apps like MyFitnessPal and FitBit for total step counting data and tracking
Create Healthy Habits
-One-tap tools to build health and fitness habits and beat weight loss goals
-Reach your goal: Walk more, Lose weight, or Improve health!
Other Key Features:
-The best pedometer for any phone
-Accurate steps & activity tracking
-Weight loss, BMI tracking and calorie burn counter
-Daily fitness plans for any health goal – lose weight, walk more or improve health
-Trends displays daily steps, calories and weight
-Auto-sync steps and calories to MyFitnessPal or Fitbit
Count on Pacer Pedometer for the best free walk tracker. Try Pacer Pedometer first before you buy a Fitbit or other tracker! Pacer syncs with MyFitnessPal and other step counter apps for all of your health and step data in one tracking app.
Syncing Pacer with Fitbit:
1.Set up your Fitbit App
2.In Pacer, tap: Me -> Data & Settings -> Apps & Devices and tap “Fitbit” to connect
3.Log into both your Pacer and Fitbit accounts and authorize Pacer to write data to Fitbit
4.Your Fitbit is now connected to Pacer”
2. Google Fit: Activity Tracking
It’s hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. That’s why Google Fit collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that can help improve your health.
Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. You’ll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS FROM YOUR PHONE OR WATCH
Get instant insights when you exercise and see real-time stats for your runs, walks, and bike rides. Fit will use your Android phone’s sensors or Wear OS by Google smartwatch’s heart rate sensors to record your speed, pace, route, and more.
MONITOR YOUR GOALS
See your daily progress on your Heart Points and Steps goal. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
MAKE ALL YOUR MOVEMENT COUNT
If you walk, run, or bike throughout the day, your Android phone or Wear OS by Google smartwatch will automatically detect and add your activities to your Google Fit journal to ensure you get credit for every move. Want extra credit? Turn up the tempo on your walks by starting a paced walking workout and stepping to the beat. Enjoy a different type of workout? Select it from a list of activities like pilates, rowing, or spinning, and Google Fit will track all the Heart Points you earn.
CONNECT WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND DEVICES
Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices to give you a holistic view of your health, so you’ll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Wear OS by Google, Nike+, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Basis, Sleep as Android, Withings, Xiaomi Mi bands, and more.
CHECK IN AT ANYTIME, FROM ANYWHERE
See a snapshot of your activity history across Fit and your integrated apps in the redesigned journal. Or, get the full picture in browse, where you can find all of your health and wellness data.
KEEP A FINGER ON THE PULSE OF YOUR HEALTH
Breathing is one of the simplest ways to reduce tension and relieve stress. With Fit, checking in with your breath is easy—all you need is your phone camera. As well as your respiratory rate, you can measure your heart rate to get a better understanding of your body’s wellbeing.
Learn more about Google Fit and see a list of supported apps at: www.google.com/fit”
3. ActivityTracker Pedometer & Step Counter
ActivityTracker will keep track of your steps, active calories, distance, and active time just by carrying your phone around, which you already do!
Research has shown that just by being more active you will also be healthier. Not everyone wants a vigorous exercise routine so just increasing your daily activity will get you in better shape. ActivityTracker will auto-magically quantify your daily and weekly activity and motivate you to be more active for free!
• Track your all-day activity without draining your battery (no GPS) or wearing a fitness gadget!
• Track your Steps, Active Calories, Distance, and Active Time;
• [New] Set the app to monitor what’s most important for you: Steps, Calories Burned, or Distance (PRO version);
• [New] Set individual Weekly Targets for: Steps, Calories Burned, and Distance (PRO version);
• Track your Daily, Weekly and Monthly activities in great detail;
• Track your activity hour-by-hour in the Hourly view. Details such as steps, calories, distance, and active time are shown per hour;
• Long-tap on any day in the Details > Days view to see details per hour for that day;
• [New] Long-tap on any week/month in the Details > Weeks/Months views will get you to the first day of that week/month;
• Since not all days are the same, we prefer a Weekly Target but we will also show you a daily goal based on your target;
• [New] Customize the interface with one of the seven Accent Colors (from which three are free);
• Import/export feature to save your data or move it to another device (PRO version);
• Week Overview to review your last week’s progress at a glance (PRO version).
• Import your historical data from Google Fit so you can have a complete overview of your activity from day one;
• Beautiful & fully customizable Widgets;
• Graphical Notification with multiple customization options;
• Daily & Weekly notifications that can easily be disabled in Settings;
• Progress notifications for target reached and target half-reached (PRO version);
• App badge that shows the steps taken (as hundreds) directly on the app icon.
Note: If your device doesn’t track all steps, please see the Help from inside the app for how to fix this.
4. “Step Tracker – Pedometer, iStep”
Power Saving Pedometer
Step counter counts your daily steps with the built-in sensor, which greatly saves battery. It records steps accurately even when the screen is locked, whether your phone is in your hand, your pocket, your bag, or your armband.
Real-time Map Tracker
In GPS tracking mode, step counter tracks your fitness activity in detail (distance, pace, time, calories), and records your routes on the map with GPS in real-time. But if you don’t choose GPS tracking, it will count steps with built-in sensor to save battery.
100% Free & 100% Private
No locked features. No login required. You can freely use all features without login.
Easy to Use Step Counter
It auto records your steps. Pause, resume steps counting, reset steps to count from 0 if you want. Once you pause it, background data refreshing will stop. You will get your daily steps report on time, you can also check your real-time steps in the notification bar.
You walking data will be displayed in clear graphs. You can easily check your daily, weekly and monthly walking statistics. Support for syncing data with Google Fit.
Targets and Achievements
Set daily steps goal. Continuously achieve your goal will keep you motivated. You can also set targets for your fitness activity (distance, calories, duration, etc.).
Fashion & Simple Design Designed and developed by our Google Play Best of 2018 winning team, its clean, simple, and fashion design brings excellent user experience.
More themes coming soon. Select your favorite theme for the step tracker and enjoy the step counting.
Health Tracker App
Health tracker app records your health data (weight trends, sleep conditions, water intake details, diet, etc.) and helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Stay active, lose weight and keep fit with activity & health tracker.
More features coming soon, such as sync data with Fitbit, Samsung Health, MyFitnessPal…
* To ensure accurate step counting, make sure the information you entered on the settings page is correct.
* You can adjust the sensitivity level of the step tracker for more accurate step counting.
* Some devices may stop counting when the screen is locked due to their power saving processing.
* Devices with older version can’t count steps with locked screen. Steps tracker Want a steps tracker to track your daily steps? This accurate steps tracker can help you.
Steps counter helps track your daily steps, burned calories, and weight loss progress. Lose weight with steps counter.
Steps counting app
This steps counting app is very easy to use. Open it and start to walk, steps counting app automatically records your steps.
Pedometer step counter
A simple pedometer step counter auto tracks your steps. Walk with pedometer step counter, keep fit and get in better shape.
Need a pedometer for walking to track your steps? This walking app is your best choice.
Walking distance tracker
This walking distance tracker tracks your steps and calculates distance accurately. It’s a full-featured walking distance tracker. It is also good for your health.”