If you are looking for the Best Free Piano Tuner App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Free Piano Tuner App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Free Piano Tuner App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Free Piano Tuner App For iPhone
1. Entropy Piano Tuner
Tune your piano by a new method based on entropy minimization which
takes the individual characteristics of your instrument into account.
The tuning is carried out in three steps:
– Record subsequently all keys of your piano.
– Compute the optimal tuning automatically.
– Use the integrated electronic tuner to tune your piano.
Piano tuning requires sophisticated skills. Please read the user manual before starting.
2. Free Chromatic Tuner: Pano Tuner
Instrument Tuner Pano Tuner comes for FREE!!
Pano Tuner listens to the sound you make and shows you the pitch. You can tune your instrument accurately by looking at the offset from the pitch that you want to tune to.
== Features ==
* Quick and sensitive response
Just try this app now and see how quick and sensitive it is to your sound.
* Wide range of pitch sensor
This app is a chromatic tuner. It follows any pitch your instrument can make. Bring any of your instruments – guitars, upright basses, trumpets and piccolos.
– Adjust the concert-A frequency to make your instrument in harmony with your band.
– Change the sensitivity to tune your instrument more accurately.”
3. insTuner Free – Chromatic Tuner
insTuner is a chromatic tuner that helps you tune instruments quickly and accurately.
With advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) algorithm, it is highly accurate (±1/1000 semitone or ±0.1 cent precision). insTuner Free is well-designed and easy to use. It features a unique “fixed” note wheel, which helps you to find the position of detected pitch easily. You can also use it as an electronic pitch pipe to tune by ear, matching the generated tones. With its large and clear display, you can tune your instrument without any difficulty: Just tune and play!
It is suitable for tuning acoustic or electric guitar and bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, timpani and more. In fact, almost any instrument that sustains a tone can be tuned using insTuner Free. It supports Line-in Mode as well as Built-in Microphone Mode. Clip Microphone is supported too.
=== FREE FEATURES ===
* Universal App, purchase once, available on all of your iOS devices: iPhone/iPhone5/iPod/iPad.
* Precise to ±1/1000 semitone (±0.1 cent)
* Tuning Range from C0 to B8, covering the range of almost all of musical instruments
* Well-designed “Fixed” note wheel display
* Tone generator
* Line-in and Built-in Microphone Modes
* Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
=== ADVANCED FEATURES ===
* Supported both Landscape mode
* Strobe Tuning Mode
* Fine Tuning Mode with a highly responsive tuning meter for perfect tuning
* Historical Curve Mode that shows tuning results over time
* FFT Tuning Mode for frequency analysis with Log, Linear or Note Display options
* Real-time Spectrogram Mode with Log, Linear, Note and Median Frequency Display options for real-time audio analysis
* Adjustable A4 (Concert A) calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
* >30 historical temperaments
* Customizable temperaments
* 12 notations
* Needle damping
* Customizable transposition options for transposing instruments
* Tone generator with four wave forms
* Customizable Input Channels
* Supported Apogee One
* Supported Inter-App Audio
* Supported Audio Bus
=== NOTICE ===
iPod Touch 3rd generation requires an external microphone.
EUMLab’s goal is to unleash your musical talent! With magic technology, EUMLab provides many products to help you create or learn music.
More about us on www.eumlab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook @EUMLab
Questions? Write to us: email@example.com
Watch videos on bit.ly/eumvideo
Enjoy insTuner? Try Pro Metronome for FREE! http://bit.ly/prometronome”
4. “Piano Companion: Chords,Scales”
“Piano Companion is a music theory app which helps songwriters, producers, teachers and their students. It’s a flexible piano chords and scales dictionary with user libraries, reverse mode, the circle of 5ths, chord progression builder with common patterns. If you can’t remember the name of a piano chord or scale, this app helps you to find it by keys or using your external MIDI keyboard. For example, just press C, G and you will get C Major as the first piano chord in the search result. If you don’t see a piano chord or a specific scale, you can create a custom piano chord or scale and use it for chord charts or your user library.
The Piano Companion app shows chord and scale notes on the grand staff, degrees, relative scales, intervals, fingering for both hands in major and minor scales – and you can contribute your own custom fingering too. You can practice scales in different keys and clefs, practice progressions. Additionally, you can listen to how a scale or chord sounds in the loop or arpeggiated. You can see the list of compatible chords in the selected scale or list of compatible scales for a selected chord.
The app helps you to compose, practice progressions and experiment with different chord progressions using our Chord Progression Builder with relative or common chords.
– 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions such as major, minor, diminished, augmented, sevenths, etc.
– 10,000+ scales, such as Ionian (major), Aeolian (minor), Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Locrian, Harmonic minor, Melodic Minor, chromatic, pentatonic, blues, etc.
– Chord Progression builder with scale patterns (chord sequencer)
– Interactive Circle of Fifths with grand staff and relative scales
– Ability to input your own custom chords and organize your own chord charts and library
– External MIDI keyboard support for reverse mode
– MIDI output with the ability to connect your favorite DAW (Ableton, Garage Band, etc.) with Piano Companion
– List of available chords in Circle of Fifths, practice common chords.
– Popular key notations: English, Italian, German, Japanese, Russian, etc.
– Shows chord and scale in different octaves on the grand staff with treble and bass clef
– Analytical labels: Secondary Dominant and Secondary Leading-Tone
– Common degrees: Tonic, Supertonic, Mediant, Subdominant, Dominant, Submediant, Leading tone (in Major scale) / Subtonic (in Natural Minor Scale)
– Displays compatible chords’ scales
– Ability to create custom chords or modify existing ones
– Audio support: the ability to play a chord in the loop or arpeggio; ability to play a scale in the loop
– Arpeggio in the chord progressions
– Relative chords in chord progressions
– You can create your own scale fingering and have the ability to use community scale fingerings
– Custom chord libraries and chord charts
– Ability to create favorite scales
– Chord Intervals: Unison, Perfect Fifth, Major Third, Minor Third, etc.
Has 1 year subscription for $1.99.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided. Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Follow us on
Have questions? Community forum: http://forums.songtive.com or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org”
5. PianoMeter – Piano Tuner
The “free” version of this app is primarily for evaluation, and it only allows you to tune notes on the piano between C3 and C5. To tune the entire piano you will need to buy an upgrade through an in-app purchase.
What makes PianoMeter unique
Unlike regular chromatic tuning apps that simply tune to a pre-calculated equal temperament, this app actively measures the tonal characteristics of each note and automatically calculates the ideal “stretch” or offset from equal temperament. In other words, it creates a custom tuning for your piano with the best compromise between intervals like fifths, fourths, octaves, and twelfths, the way aural piano tuners do when fine-tuning.
Functionality and pricing
There are three levels of functionality: a free (evaluation) version, a paid “plus” version with basic tuning functionality, and a “professional” version with features geared towards professional piano tuners. The extra functionality is unlocked through one-time in-app purchases.
The Free version includes the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the mid-range of the piano only
• Automatic note detection
• Ability to measure each note on the piano to see how its current tuning compares to the ideal tuning curve (see if a piano is roughly in tune)
• Swipe in the graphing area to show a live frequency spectrum or the inharmonicity of measured notes.
Upgrading to “Plus” adds the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the entire piano
• Tune to frequency standards other than A=440
• Tune to historical or custom temperaments
• Calibrate device to an external frequency source
Upgrading to Professional unlocks all features of the “Plus” version, plus the following:
• Save and load tuning files, so a piano doesn’t need to be re-measured each time it is tuned
• Pitch raise mode that calculates overpull for an initial first pass “rough” tuning (for pianos that are extremely flat)
• Custom tuning styles: create a custom tuning curve by adjusting interval weighting and stretch
• Access to all future features and enhancements
Free to Plus (approximately US$25)
Free to Pro (approximately US$300)
Note about permissions
This app requires permission to access the microphone on your device and permission to read and write files.”
6. Practice+ Tuner & Metronome
Practice+ is a complete practice and performance toolkit for musicians that contains five separate modes including Tuner, Metronome, Recorder, Setlist and Loop Modes. Each mode can work simultaneously with the metronome which is easily controlled via the compact metronome bar that is always on screen.
What people are saying about Practice+
“Practice+ Makes Perfect” – AppAdvice.com
“Get your music right with Practice+” -Tom’sGuide.com
“Beautiful flat UI design” -ModernJamming.com
Tuner- Powerfully accurate tuner with instant response and large edge to edge UI for easy readability. Tuner range A0-C8.
Metronome- Full featured metronome that works simultaneously in every mode. Customize meters, accents, subdivisions, sounds and more. The dedicated metronome mode features a large edge to edge UI for easy readability
Pitch Player- Play reference tones to check your intonation. Pitch playback range A1-C8
Recorder- Record and share your practice sessions right from your device
SetList-Easily create setlists and save all settings with a single tap
Practice Mode- Loop difficult passages and increase tempo automatically with each repetition
Beautifully simple UI
Portrait and landscape support
Fine tuning range 392-490Hz
Practice+ is free to try with limitations. Unlock everything with a single in-app purchase.”
This app plays perfectly tuned notes for you to match your pitch to. The sounds are both real audio and sine wave form. We’re also proud to announce that Tuner+ is now supports full VoiceOver Accessibility.
This app does NOT analyze the notes of your instrument to tell you if you are sharp or flat. It is just a quick way to get reference notes for ear tuning in any key.