If you are looking for the Best Free Recipe Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 9 Best Free Recipe Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 9 Best Free Recipe Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
9 Best Free Recipe Apps For iPhone
1. BBC Good Food
“Welcome to the ultimate cooking app, filled with recipes, baking ideas, skills videos and expert masterclasses to inspire you and improve your results in the kitchen. The BBC Good Food app has everything in one place to help you everyday. It is also completely ad-free!
With a subscription to our app you can try brand new recipes every month, so you will always find something tasty to make. You’ll be able to put your own questions to our expert team, and access a wide range of how-to videos and classes.
* Discover more than 13,000 recipes
* Watch how-to videos and masterclasses
* Put your questions to our experts
* Comment on and rate our recipes
* Keep your recipe on-screen with Cook Mode
* Enjoy an ad-free experience
* Try now with a free 3-month trial
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
– Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
– You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
– You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
– The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support, please email email@example.com.
Access to this app is only available to subscribers during their subscription period. Monthly or annual subscriptions are available.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel.
Further Terms apply:
BBC Good Food is published by Immediate Media Company Limited, published under licence from BBC Studios Distribution. BBC Good Food is a commercial brand owned by Immediate Media and does not benefit from the TV Licence fee. The brand comprises bbcgoodfood.com, BBC Good Food magazine, BBC Good Food books and BBC Good Food live events.”
2. Forks Plant-Based Recipes
“#1 Food & Drink App and Featured as ‘Best New App’ by Apple – this is the essential recipe app from the makers of the critically-acclaimed film Forks Over Knives. Discover over 600 hearty and decadent meals from over 50 leading chefs, with new recipes added weekly!
Every recipe fits the whole-food, plant-based lifestyle that a growing number of health professionals recognize can help stave off and even reverse chronic ailments like heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
– Over 600 (and growing) great-tasting, whole-food, plant-based recipes – with new recipes added weekly!
– Find and prepare your favorite recipes with ease
– Preparation made simple with step-by-step instructions
– Synchronize your shoppings lists across multiple devices with iCloud
– For each step, see the ingredients you need with just a tap
– Convenient shopping list for the grocery items you need to pick up
– Landscape mode for viewing recipes full-screen, with step-by-step instructions
– Contributions from over 50 leading chefs.
– Tips on the plant-based lifestyle and more!
We hope you love using the Forks Over Knives App. If you have any suggestions about how a recipe or the app could be improved even further, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you.”
3. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
4. Kitchen Stories: tasty recipes
“Are you a foodie? Hungry but don’t know what to make? Millions of users around the world are already cooking and learning how to cook with Kitchen Stories, winner of the Apple Design Award. Download it now to be inspired by thousands of free tasty and healthy recipes, HD instructional videos, and articles about cooking and baking. Plus, publish your own food recipes to share with our global community of hungry home cooks. It’s easy to use and offers a variety of irresistibly tasty and healthy recipes that appeal to beginners and experts alike. Ready to get cooking?
Enjoy these features on the Kitchen Stories app:
– Show off your skills by uploading your own cooking and baking recipes to share with our international community
– Take photos of each recipe step in a streamlined, easy-to follow process
– Be inspired daily by thousands of free food recipes, tips, and articles
– Learn how to cook – become a kitchen pro with instructional videos and skill tutorials
– Set up your personal profile and save your favorite food recipes in personalized cookbooks
– Activate “cooking mode” to be guided effortlessly through recipes, step-by-step
– Use the measurement converter to easily adapt ingredient measurements according to serving size
– Plan your grocery list with the automatically generated shopping list
– Rate and share your favorite cooking and baking recipes
– Upload photos of the dishes you’ve cooked and exchange cooking experiences with others in the comments section
Cooking yourself was never so easy and tasty!
Find the perfect recipe for you
Thanks to our search feature, we guarantee you’ll find the perfect recipe for your taste and nutritional preferences. Our recipe box offers a variety of tasty healthy recipes for your kitchen. Learn how to cook vegetarian and vegan dishes, low-carb, gluten-free, and low-calorie options. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on our selection of crowd-pleasing tasty and healthy recipes – including weeknight favorites, seasonal twists on classics, trends and tastes from around the world. Bonus: Add all the ingredients directly to your grocery list!
Learn how to cook like a pro with our guided cooking experience
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced foodie, there’s always something new in our cookbook, with instructional HD recipe videos and tips from our expert team of editors and chefs. Activate “cooking mode” and let it guide you with easy-to-understand, step-by-step photos and instructions for each tasty recipe from the Kitchen Stories cookbook. Don’t forget to upload a photo of your dish and share it with our hungry community once it’s ready!
All your cooking needs in one cookbook
Is it everyday cooking you’re after, or is today a special occasion? Maybe you’re eating alone or making a tasty dinner for the entire family? Need a quick snack or help with planning a three-course meal with appetizers and dessert? We’ve got you: Our recipe box is packed with cooking and baking recipes. Browse by difficulty level and preparation time, plus use our handy measurement converter to adjust the measurements according to the desired servings. For easy, on-the-go planning, place all the recipe ingredients in your grocery list with a single click and integrate it directly into your reminders.
Hungry for more Kitchen Stories?
We’re always open to ratings and feedback! Get in touch with us at email@example.com
Cooking is fun – tasty healthy recipes for every kind of foodie!
Your Kitchen Stories Team”
5. NYT Cooking
“Make your time in the kitchen easier with the NYT Cooking app. Search thousands of New York Times recipes and organize your favorites so you can cook for anyone, anytime. Subscribe in the app, or if you’re already a NYT Cooking subscriber, log in for unlimited access to our recipes and much more.
Save your favorite recipes here, and organize them into personalized folders for easy access.
ALWAYS-ON APP SCREEN
Follow recipes easily on a screen that won’t go dark.
Find recipes by diet, cuisine, meal type and more from our database of over 20,000 recipes.
Choose the recipes you plan to cook, then organize the ingredients into one list.
Discover recipes, videos, techniques and tips for novices and experienced home cooks.
Enjoy suggestions based on the recipes you’ve saved. This makes it easy to find your next meal.
Get advice from home cooks on ingredient swaps and more, or leave your own tips.
Experience high-resolution photos and videos on a larger screen, keep multiple windows open and drag and drop recipes into folders in your Recipe Box.
– Monthly NYT Cooking subscription: $4.99. Cancel anytime.
– Annual NYT Cooking subscription: $39.99. Cancel anytime.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24 hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
California Notices: https://www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
Feedback? Suggestions? Problems? Please contact us from within our app settings or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback is important to us and we’ll do our best to assist you.
Please note: A subscription to NYT Cooking does not include access to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to nytimes.com, mobile news content and other apps. No cancellations are allowed during active subscription periods.”
6. Recipe Keeper
ADD RECIPES QUICKLY AND EASILY
Enter your recipes with as much or as little information as you like. Copy and paste recipes from your existing documents or apps. Categorize your recipes by course and category. Add photos, rate your recipes and flag your favorites.
IMPORT RECIPES FROM WEBSITES
Search for recipes on the web and add them straight to your collection. Hundreds of popular recipe websites supported. Customize imported recipes to suit your needs.
SCAN FROM COOKBOOKS, MAGAZINES AND HANDWRITTEN RECIPES
Scan recipes using your phone’s camera or from your existing photos and PDF files. OCR technology automatically converts images to text. Keep all your favorite family recipes safe forever.
FIND ANY RECIPE INSTANTLY
Quickly lookup your recipes by name, ingredient or directions or simply browse your recipes by course, category and rating. Got leftovers in the fridge? Search for a recipe to use them up. Cook more of your favorite meals and rediscover those long-forgotten recipes to make mealtimes interesting again.
SHARE RECIPES WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Share your recipes by email and to your favorite social networks. Create a shared family recipe collection. Add recipes from other Recipe Keeper users with a single tap.
CREATE BEAUTIFUL COOKBOOKS
Create cookbooks from your recipes for printing or sharing as a PDF with cover page, table of contents, custom layouts and more.
Adjust a recipe serving size up or down and let Recipe Keeper automatically recalculate your ingredients for you.
PLAN AHEAD AND STAY IN CONTROL
Integrated weekly and monthly meal planner allows you to plan your meals in advance. Add all your meals to your shopping list in one step. Recipe Keeper can even create a random meal plan for you based on your hints and suggestions. Get rid of that “what should I cook tonight?” feeling.
MAKE SHOPPING SIMPLER
Fully featured shopping list that automatically groups your items by aisle. Save money by only buying what you need. No more trips back to the store for that one thing you forgot.
AVAILABLE ACROSS ALL OF YOUR DEVICES
Share your recipes, shopping lists and meal planner across all your iPhones, iPads, Macs, PCs and other mobile and tablet devices (separate purchase required for other platforms).
“ALEXA, ASK RECIPE KEEPER FOR COOKIE RECIPES.”
Search your recipes, cook hands-free with step-by-step instructions and add items to your shopping list using the Recipe Keeper skill for Amazon Alexa, (English language only).
TRANSFER YOUR EXISTING RECIPES
Transfer your recipes from other apps such as Living Cookbook, MasterCook, MacGourmet, BigOven, Cook’n, My Cookbook, My Recipe Book, Paprika Recipe Manager, Pepperplate, OrganizEat, Recipe Box and many more.
• Choose from 25 different color schemes, light & dark modes
• Format recipes using bold and italics
• Customizable recipe collections, courses and categories
• Add nutrition information and search for recipes by nutritional amounts
• Check off ingredients while cooking, highlight the current direction
• Adjustable text size when viewing recipes – great for reading recipes across the kitchen
• Convert recipes between US/Imperial and Metric units
• Link related recipes together
• Add links to online videos
• Pin your favorite recipes to the home screen for quick access
• Works offline – take your recipes with you wherever you go
• Bulk update multiple recipes at once
• Screen lock disabled while viewing recipes – no more messy fingers on screen trying to wake your device
• Available in 15 languages
We love hearing from you! If you need any help, have a question, or want to suggest a new feature, please email us at email@example.com
Cook more. Eat healthier. Shop smarter. Try Recipe Keeper free today!”
7. recipe keeper box | OrganizEat
“The easiest way to safely store and organize all of your recipes! The OrganizEat Recipe organizer eliminates the need for stacks of cookbooks, long lists of saved bookmarks, notes, or pictures/screenshots scattered across your phone’s photo gallery. Quickly turn your mess of recipes into an organized and easily retrievable collection. You simply snap a photo of your recipe – whether it’s in a book, a magazine, or on the web – and it’s instantly cataloged and searchable. Whether storing Grandma’s secret recipes for posterity, creating your own custom recipes, or importing new recipes from the web, you can do it all quickly and easily – right from your iPhone. Categorize your recipes and adds tags for easy organization and simple searching. Share your recipes with friends and family via email, text messages, or social media. Finally, you can have all of your recipes with you, all in one place, wherever you go!
• Four easy ways to capture your recipes (Photos, Web, Voice Dictation, or Custom)
• Snap ‘n Store: Snap a photo of your recipe and store it in one easy step. No typing necessary!
• Web Import: See a recipe you like on the web? Import it in one tap from Delish, FoodNetwork, AllRecipes, and more than 200 other recipe sites.
• Custom Entries: Type or copy and paste your recipe directly into the app. Sometimes simple is the best way to go.
• Voice Dictation: Use speech recognition to dictate your recipes (instead of typing them).
• Backup & Sync. Back up your recipes to the cloud and sync across all your devices.
• One App. The same app across all iPhone and iPad devices.
• Grocery List. Create a shopping list by adding ingredients with a single tap!
• Meal Planner. Plan your meals for the entire month and generate a shopping list.
• Folders. Organize recipes in fully customizable category folders.
• Tags. Add as many tags as you like to each recipe.
• Quick Search. Easily find recipes! Search by keywords or tags (one or more!).
• Recipe Inspiration. Need a new idea? See a daily list of recipes imported from the web by other OrganizEat users.
• Share the Yum. One-tap sharing so you can quickly send recipes to friends and family, or email it to them directly – all from within the app.
• Cooking Mode. Presents your recipe in full screen and prevents your device’s screen from going black. No more struggling with greasy fingers on screens!
• View your recipes full screen while cooking – and the screen will not turn off – so there is no need to touch the screen with greasy hands!
• Beautiful Interface. Choose from 8 “skins” designed to cozily house your precious recipes.
Note: this free app has all the features unlocked, to allow you a complete trial experience with all the functionalities. The free app is restricted to only 20 recipes. In order to keep using the app beyond this limit, an annual subscription is required.
8. Whisk: Recipes & Grocery List
“Found a recipe on the internet that looks great? Yum! Add it to Whisk and start creating your personal cookbook. Pull recipes from any website or cooking site/app, substitute ingredients, adjust serving sizes or, if you want to, just change the way the recipes are written. No need to continue memorizing the recipe edits or writing them down on paper.
Get inspired! Check out our community of home cooks for new gourmet dishes, quick meals, recipes with 10 ingredients or less, everyday healthy ideas, you name it. Add all your go-to recipes to Whisk and create your own personal recipe book!
Want to plan your weekly meals ahead? Unlike other meal planning apps, Whisk Meal Planner is entirely free.
…And best of all: with the push of a button turn all recipes into a shareable shopping list to use to buy food in-store & online. No more “oops! I forgot” moments when cooking! Use Whisk to make cooking more efficient and fun!
Here’s What the Media is Saying About Us
“(. . .) all designed to make it easier to meal plan, make and share lists and, finally, shop” – TechCrunch, Sarah Perez
“Smart food platform Whisk helps you meal prep like a true pro (. . .).” – Women’s Health, Amanda Woerner
“Not only does this technology allow for a much better experience, but should help reduce food waste” – Forbes, Tom Taulli
– Copy recipes from anywhere: Yes, really, any website. Try it out. No need to take screenshots or copy and paste recipes into a notebook anymore. Transfer recipes directly from Food Network, BBC Good Food, food blogs, Pinterest and from all over the internet. Use the web recipe clipper on your PC or easily save recipes from any mobile site. Never forget where you saved that recipe again!
– Edit recipes that you’ve imported: Add notes and comments about the things that you want to change and remember for next time. Maybe you want to sub in some healthy ingredients on that lasagna that you are cooking, or you want to add one more tablespoon of coconut oil to your new keto recipe….go ahead, replace ingredients and enhance your recipe cookbook.
– Create your ideal meal plan for the week: an easy pork recipe for lunch on Monday, a healthy salad on Tuesday and a gourmet Italian dish for dinner on Friday. Simplify your meal planning for the week, save time and avoid leftovers.
– Remember what inspired you: Can’t figure out where you saw that simple and tasty dish from Indian cuisine? Quickly access your saved recipe collections: vegan dishes, gluten-free baking, paleo diets, low-carb meals – anything you like!
– Turn your recipes into shopping lists: Push a button and have your grocery list ready in case you make an unexpected stop at the store. Organize your list by aisle for speedy market visits and save time.
– Get the groceries delivered to you: Whisk partners with popular online grocers like Walmart, Amazon Fresh, Kroger, Ralphs, Instacart and many more. Enter your zip code, select your preferred store, checkout and get your groceries delivered at your door.
– Collaborate on and share your lists: Create a shared shopping list with everybody in your house to prevent buying duplicate groceries and to make sure that nothing is forgotten. Take the list to the store and save time as each family member takes a different aisle and – as items are picked – watch your grocery shopping list mark off in front of everyone’s eyes.
– Share recipes: Just made the perfect smoked paprika chicken? Share it with your friends and family.
– Make it yours: customize your dietary preferences: vegetarian, vegan, lacto vegetarian, pescatarian.
– Smarter food decisions: All recipes which have been imported to Whisk include ingredient details, cooking instructions, and Whisk’s health score, with nutritional information.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure your Whisk experience is the best it can be!”
9. Yummly Recipes & Cooking Tools
“Yummly is your smart cooking sidekick, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. From recipe recommendations just for you, to handy tools and helpful videos, Yummly has everything you need to improve life in the kitchen. Experience what millions are enjoying on the web, free on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The App at a Glance:
2 million+ recipes from the best of the best
Discover recipes from Yummly’s test kitchen and other top recipe sites and food blogs like Allrecipes, Epicurious, Food52, Smitten Kitchen, and more.
Personalized to your tastes & dietary needs
Tell Yummly your diets, allergies, tastes, and preferences and they’ll only serve up recipes that match. As you use Yummly, like magic, it learns about what you like. The more you Yum, the better it gets!
Step-by-step guided recipes
Let Yummly do the thinking for you with step-by-step recipes, including video tutorials, timers, and more handy tools to make cooking a breeze.
Collect, save, and organize your favorites
Saving your favorite recipes couldn’t be easier. With the tap of a “Yum” button, your faves are stashed for safekeeping in a digital recipe box. Once saved, create collections for easy organization and viewing when cooking and grocery shopping.
What’s in your fridge?
Discover recipes to make right now with what you have on hand. Simply enter the ingredients you wish to use and Yummly will provide you recipes that match.
Recipe scheduling for easy meal planning
Schedule a recipe to the exact time you want to eat and it’s instantly added to your calendar. You’ll even get a gentle nudge when it’s time to start cooking.
Add entire recipes to your grocery list
With one click you can add a full recipe to your shopping list. Yummly automatically categorizes your list by both aisles and recipes to make your trip to the grocery store a snap.
-Track the nutrition and servings of what you eat with Yummly’s integration with Apple Health App on each recipe page.
-Add the Yummly widget to get the single-most perfect recipe option for any moment of the day on your homescreen. You can access this from the Today screen.
CA residents – Do Not Sell My Personal Information: https://www.yummly.com/do-not-sell-my-info”