If you are looking for the Best Free Recording Studio App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Recording Studio App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Recording Studio App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Recording Studio App For Android
1. BandLab – Music Making Studio
BandLab lets you make and share music, no matter your skill level or background. Our multi-track Mix Editor is a music maker that lets you record, edit and remix your music. Make beats, add creative effects, use loops and samples from our royalty-free sounds packs from genres like EDM, dubstep, garage, hip-hop, house, rock, rap, and more.
There are no limits to how much music you can create. With unlimited cloud storage and accessibility across all devices, you can access the music you created on your phone from your desktop browser. Music making is everywhere.
With BandLab’s social networking features, you can find new friends, connect with collaborators or start a band with fellow musicians, guitarists, beatmakers, rappers, and more – no audition needed! Creator Connect matches you to potential beat makers, producers or DJs who share your music tastes and inspirations.
BandLab is more than just a music maker, beat maker, recording app or song recorder. You can discover millions of tracks made by artists and DJs, create personalized playlists and even watch live streams of music performances from top creators.
BandLab is 100% FREE to use. No subscription fees, paywalls or limits to your experience. Download the BandLab app and be a music maker today!
• *NEW* Sampler – A new tool for you to create custom instruments. Make a new Sampler Kit by recording sounds you hear in the world around you, or by selecting samples from over 15,000 royalty-free sounds provided by BandLab, or simply import your own sounds. You can even customize each sample to get just the sound you want. Musical creativity is limitless with the Sampler.
• 16-Track Mix Editor – This is where you make music – the Mix Editor is a multi-track digital audio workstation (DAW) in your pocket. Use it as an audio recording app, beat maker, audio editor and so much more. You are a music maker anytime, anywhere.
• 330+ Virtual MIDI Instruments – Need 808s for your beat? Synthesizers for your lead lines? How about the sitar?! We’ve got a huge variety of Virtual MIDI instruments you can make music with, all within an app that fits in your pocket.
• 180+ Vocal/Guitar/Bass effect presets – Give your tracks that extra kick with world-class effects with real-time monitoring. From ambient sounds to crazy modulations, there’s something for everyone to get creative.
• Looper – Anyone can be a beat maker no matter your skill level. Make beats instantly from a huge library of loops, add some synth or reverb, or just freestyle your way to a whole new mixtape while on the go.
• Mastering – Get your tracks ready for distribution. Upload your song or recording and let our built-in mastering work its magic. Supports mp3 and other formats.
• Video Mix – Create expressive video clips, whether you’re a rapper freestyling over a beat or a songwriter laying down a hot solo. Jazz up your video with world-class effects!
• Explore – Not in the mood to create? No problem! Let BandLab be a source of entertainment as you explore and get inspired by new artists, genres, and collections curated just for you.
• Creator Connect – Looking for a beat maker, producer, or singer? Find like-minded creators just around the corner or halfway across the world! Just fill out your profile and we’ll match you to potential collaborators who share your musical taste and inspiration.
• Tuner and Metronome – The essential audio tools for the modern music maker and producer so you never go out of beat or tune.
• Remix Tracks – Need inspiration to start a track? ‘Fork’ a public track that any creator has shared to make your own beat and remix.”
2. Dolby On: Record Audio & Music
“Transform your phone into a powerful recording tool with just one tap. Record songs, sounds, instruments, podcasts, rehearsals, voice memos, ideas, lyrics, beats, and more with incredible audio quality! Dolby On is the only free recording app with cutting edge Dolby audio technology. Effortlessly record live music and videos with a suite of automatic studio effects including noise reduction, limiting, spatial audio, EQ, and more.
With Dolby On, you won’t need to choose between recording quickly or with quality ever again. Say goodbye to background noise, expensive microphones, clunky recording equipment, and studio time. Just playback your recording to experience the difference.
A RECORDING APP WITH INCREDIBLE SOUND, INSTANTLY
Effortlessly record live music, voice, videos, podcasts, and more with the Dolby On recording app and get a suite of automatic studio effects in an easy-to-use audio recorder. After you hit record, use the audio editor to enhance and improve songs with Dolby technology. When you’re ready, export and share your creations with your fans on Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud, text, email and more. It’s almost like having a music studio microphone right in your pocket!
NEW: You can even record in other apps and import into Dolby On to edit, enhance, and improve songs with Dolby technology
EXPERIENCE POWERFUL AUDIO PROCESSING
• Clear up and improve your audio quality with noise reduction, de-essing, and a fade in/out.
• Shape your audio and video recording with Dolby’s unique Dynamic EQ and spatial audio for tone and space.
• Boost fullness and cut through with compression and pro limiting to achieve ideal loudness.
• Optimize volume of your song recording for popular music platforms and social media platforms like SoundCloud, Instagram, Facebook, and more.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN WITH INTUITIVE SOUND EDITING
• Customize your voice memo, music memo, or video recording with free music studio audio effects and vocal editor.
• Use the six custom-designed Sound Tools to apply to your music recording — like photography filters for audio, Styles are professionally designed audio presets based on analyzing thousands of songs.
• Use Dolby’s Dynamic EQ to get fine-tuned treble, bass and mids control to tune your recording or music memo.
• Use the free audio editor to trim your recording start and stop
• Use your favorite external mic to color your voice memo, music recording, or video recording.
RECORD AUDIO. RECORD VOICE. RECORD VIDEO. RECORD MUSIC.
• Capture ideas and demo recordings. Record your voice memos and music memos in a simple recording studio app.
• Document rehearsals or live sound at the gig with audio and video recordings captured in studio microphone sound.
• Record audio sounds and inspirations in the field to sample in your next music creation, then export to Logic Pro, Ableton, Pro Tools, Bandlab, or your favorite DAW.
• Record high-quality shareable audio and record video content for your fans on social media.
• Record the band and make any instrument sound amazing: guitar, drums, piano, voice, and more. Never use Voice Memos again!
YOUR CREATIONS, ANYWHERE YOU WANT THEM
• Share voice or music recording to fans directly to Soundcloud, or export and share to social channels like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tik Tok.
• Record and send ideas, demos, rehearsal and show recordings to your band and collaborators via text message or email.
• Export your recordings, songs, and videos for additional editing: take your ideas into your favorite audio editor (DAW) or video editor.
ONE RECORD BUTTON, 50 YEARS OF DOLBY INNOVATION
We’ve used five decades worth of audio innovation to give you one powerful audio recorder and video app. Advanced Dolby audio processing takes care of the sound quality, so you can focus on the fun part: creating.”
3. Recording Studio Lite
Designed for quick and simple operation, Recording Studio makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze.
Recording Studio is the perfect way to create great sounding music productions.
With this free version you can record up to 2 tracks (24 tracks with the Pro version) by choosing between audio recordings or by using the virtual instrument ‘Grand Piano’ (in the Pro vesion there are 8 other virtual instruments: drums, classical guitar, rock organ, pipe organ, bass, strings, harpsichord, electric guitar).
The virtual instrument tracks can be recorded using the multitouch keyboards optimized for high performance and responsive touch.
The audio tracks can be recorded using the built-in microphone or by connecting an external microphone.
After recording your tracks, you may want to edit them in the integrated sample editor (copy/paste, split, loop, fader, reverb).
Now you can import mp3 and wav audio files from your hard drive.
Recording studio is constantly being updated and continually improved with new features.
•Up to 2 tracks (24 tracks with the Pro version) choosing between audio recordings or the virtual instrument ‘Grand Piano’
•In this free version you can use without limitation the sounds of virtual instrument ‘Grand Piano’ (in the Pro vesion there are 8 other virtual instruments: drums, classical guitar, rock organ, pipe organ, electric guitar
•Mixer with built-in realistic reverb effect (with independent settings on each track)
•Key Editor (delete, copy/paste each single note)
•Sample editor: copy/paste, split, loop, fade-in/fade-out each audio recording session
•Stereo VU displays for all channels
•96 keys and 8 selectable octaves
•Multi-touch keyboards and virtual instruments.
•Two sets of keyboards (display 1 or 2 keyboards)
•Keyboard mappings (two ways of displaying key value)
•Ability to scroll the keyboards in the scrollbar area or with arrow buttons to see different sets of keys
•Custom scale keyboards
•Configurable metronome. Tempo: 30 – 260 BPM. Time Signatures: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 8/4
•Import mp3 and wav audio files from hard drive.
* TRY THE NEW VERSION!
If you have a device that meets one of these 2 requirements:
1) Device with Android Oreo.
2) Samsung device with Samsung Professional Audio (SAPA) technology (with Android Marshmallow 6 or Android Nougat 7).
Phone: Galaxy S5, S5 Neo, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, S6 Active, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, S8, S8 Edge, S8 +, Note 8, S8 Active, Note 4, Note Edge, Note 5, Notes FE (Korea only), A5 2016, A7 2016, A8 2016, A9 2016, A9 Pro 2016, A3 2017, A5 2017, A7 2017, J7 2016, J7 Pop (for Qualcomm chipset device, Android 7.0 or later version), J3 2017, J5 2017, J7 2017, C5 Pro, C7 Pro, C9, C9 Pro, On7, A8, A3 2016 (Android 7.0 OS or later version), J7 Lite (Android 7.0 OS or later version)
Tablet: Galaxy Tab S, Tab S2, Tab S3, View, Note 10.1 2014 (Anroid 5.x or Later Version), Tab A 10.1 2016. Tab A with Pen 10.1 2016
then try Recording Studio Pro Plus:
4. n-Track Studio DAW: Make Music
Record a virtually unlimited number of Audio, MIDI & Drum Tracks, mix them during playback and add effects: from Guitar Amps, to VocalTune & Reverb. Edit songs, share them online & join the Songtree community to collaborate with other artists.
Check out n-Track Studio Tutorials for Android
Try n-Track Studio for free: if you like it you can subscribe & unlock standard or advanced features*
HOW IT WORKS:
• Record a track with the built-in mic or an external audio interface
• Add & edit audio tracks using our Loop Browser & royalty-free sample packs
• Import grooves & create beats using our Step Sequencer Beat Maker
• Create melodies using the internal keyboard with our built-in virtual instruments. You can connect external keyboards too
• Use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, EQ & add effects
• Save or Share the recording directly from your device
• Stereo & Mono audio tracks
• Step Sequencer Beat Maker
• MIDI tracks with built-in Synths
• Loop Browser & in-app Sample Packs
• Virtually unlimited number of tracks (max 8 tracks without in-app purchases)
• Group & Aux channels
• Piano-roll MIDI Editor
• On-screen MIDI keyboard
• EQ with 2D & 3D Spectrum analyzer + chromatic tuner*
• VocalTune* – pitch correction: automatically correct any pitch imperfections on vocals or melodic parts
• Guitar & Bass Amp plugins
• Reverb, Echo, Chorus & Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track & the master channel*
• Built-in Metronome
• Import existing tracks
• Automate track volumes & pan using volume and pan envelopes
• Share your recordings online
• Collaborate to create music with other musicians with the integrated Songtree online music making community
• Languages included: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Indonesian
• 64 bit double precision floating point audio engine*
• Follow Song Tempo & Pitch Shift dropdown menu on Audio Loops
• Export 16, 24 or 32 bit audio files*
• Set sampling frequency up to 192 kHz (frequencies above 48 kHz require an external audio device)
• Internal audio routing
• Sync with other apps or external devices using MIDI clock & MTC sync, master & slave
• Record 4+ tracks simultaneously from USB pro-audio devices such as RME Babyface, Fireface & Focusrite*
• Support for multiple audio output when using compatible USB devices*
• Input monitoring
*Some features require one of the three available in-app subscription levels:
What you get:
• Up to 8 tracks
• Up to 2 effects per track / channel
• Save your song online with the option to collaborate with other musicians
NOTE: Saving to WAV/MP3 on your local device storage requires a purchase
STANDARD subscription ($0.99/month)
What you get:
• Unlimited audio & MIDI tracks (Free edition is limited to 8 tracks)
• Unlocks all the available effects (Free Edition has Reverb, Compression, Echo and Chorus)
• Unlimited number of effects per channel (Free Edition has up to 2)
• Export to WAV or MP3
EXTENDED subscription ($1.99/month)
Everything in Standard edition, plus:
• 64 bit audio engine
• Multichannel USB class-compliant audio interfaces
• Export in 24, 32 and 64 bit uncompressed (WAV) format (Standard Edition is limited to 16 bit WAV)
• 3D frequency spectrum view
SUITE subscription ($5.99/month)
Everything in Extended edition, plus:
• 10GB+ of Premium Royalty-Free WAV Loops & One-Shots
• Exclusive release-ready Beats & editable n-Track Studio Projects
• 400+ Sample Instruments”