If you are looking for the Best Free Recording Studio App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 9 Best Free Recording Studio App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 9 Best Free Recording Studio App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
9 Best Free Recording Studio App For iPhone
1. Audio Editor: Recording Studio
“Edit your favorite songs, change the way you send voice notes, record audios in a professional way, and edit any audio in your device, with an easy to use-yet powerful tool that will make your audios more stunning than ever before.
• Editing your audios is just as easy as cutting, pasting, and using your creativity to create amazing masterpieces.
• Record audio directly from the app, and add them to your favorite songs with just a tap on the screen.
• Add music effects to your recordings, and edit your audios like a professional.
• Save your mixes directly in the app, or download them to your phone, and use it whenever necessary.
• Change the quality of your recordings, and give a professional style to your music.
• Share your creations with your friends, and let them know your musical ability.
• Import and export sound from your phone, and make your creations as complete as you want.
Easily edit your audio files with the most professional style. Take your favorite songs to the next level, and create your favorite mixes with nothing but your imagination!
Your passion for music, and the professional tools that Audio Editor brings directly to the palm of your hand.
1. Title of publication or service: Audio Editor PRO.
2. Length of subscription & Price of subscription, and price per unit if appropriate:
– Monthly (First 3 day free trial)
3. Price of subscription:
– 3 day free trial then $9.99 per month
– 3 day free trial then $49.99 per year
4. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
5. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn of the auto-renew subscription from iPhone setting
6. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
7. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
10. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication where applicable
11. Audio Editor adds new features above and are available through an auto-renewing subscription. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of your current subscription, and you can cancel anytime a subscription during the active period. You can manage your subscription, either by viewing your account in iTunes from your Mac or PC, or Account Settings on your device after purchase.”
2. BandLab – Music Making Studio
BandLab lets you make and share music, no matter your skill level or background. Our multi-track Mix Editor is a music maker that lets you record, edit and remix your music. Make beats, add creative effects, use loops and samples from our royalty-free sounds packs from genres like EDM, dubstep, garage, hip-hop, house, rock, rap, and more.
There are no limits to how much music you can create. With unlimited cloud storage and accessibility across all devices, you can access the music you created on your phone from your desktop browser. Music making is everywhere.
With BandLab’s social networking features, you can find new friends, connect with collaborators or start a band with fellow musicians, guitarists, beatmakers, rappers, and more – no audition needed! Creator Connect matches you to potential beat makers, producers or DJs who share your music tastes and inspirations.
BandLab is more than just a music maker, beat maker, recording app or song recorder. You can discover millions of tracks made by artists and DJs, create personalized playlists and even watch live streams of music performances from top creators.
BandLab is 100% FREE to use. No subscription fees, paywalls or limits to your experience. Download the BandLab app and be a music maker today!
•*NEW* Sampler – A new tool for you to create custom instruments. Make a new Sampler Kit by recording sounds you hear in the world around you, or by selecting samples from over 15,000 royalty-free sounds provided by BandLab, or simply import your own sounds. You can even customize each sample to get just the sound you want. Musical creativity is limitless with the Sampler.
• 16-Track Mix Editor – This is where you make music – the Mix Editor is a multi-track digital audio workstation (DAW) in your pocket. Use it as an audio recording app, beat maker, audio editor and so much more. You are a music maker anytime, anywhere.
• 330+ Virtual MIDI Instruments – Need 808s for your beat? Synthesizers for your lead lines? How about the sitar?! We’ve got a huge variety of Virtual MIDI instruments you can make music with, all within an app that fits in your pocket.
• 180+ Vocal/Guitar/Bass effect presets – Give your tracks that extra kick with world-class effects with real-time monitoring. From ambient sounds to crazy modulations, there’s something for everyone to get creative.
• Looper – Anyone can be a beat maker no matter your skill level. Make beats instantly from a huge library of loops, add some synth or reverb, or just freestyle your way to a whole new mixtape while on the go.
• Mastering – Get your tracks ready for distribution. Upload your song or recording and let our built-in mastering work its magic. Supports mp3 and other formats.
• Video Mix – Create expressive video clips, whether you’re a rapper freestyling over a beat or a songwriter laying down a hot solo. Jazz up your video with world-class effects!
• Explore – Not in the mood to create? No problem! Let BandLab be a source of entertainment as you explore and get inspired by new artists, genres, and collections curated just for you.
• Creator Connect – Looking for a beat maker, producer, or singer? Find like-minded creators just around the corner or halfway across the world! Just fill out your profile and we’ll match you to potential collaborators who share your musical taste and inspiration.
• Tuner and Metronome – The essential audio tools for the modern music maker and producer so you never go out of beat or tune.
• Remix Tracks – Need inspiration to start a track? ‘Fork’ a public track that any creator has shared to make your own beat and remix.”
3. Dolby On: Record Audio & Video
“Dolby On is the only free audio recorder and sound editor for voice, music, video, and more with cutting-edge Dolby audio technology. Effortlessly record live music & videos, import from your library, or livestream to Twitch or Facebook Live to apply a suite of automatic studio effects including noise reduction, limiting, spatial audio, EQ, and more. Get incredible audio quality through a studio recorder on your phone!
A RECORDING APP & AUDIO EDITOR WITH INCREDIBLE SOUND, AUTOMATICALLY
Effortlessly record live music & videos with a suite of automatic studio effects in an easy-to-use recorder. You can even record in other apps and import into Dolby On to edit, enhance, and improve songs with Dolby technology. When you’re ready, share your creations with your fans on your favorite social channels, send to collaborators, upload directly to SoundCloud, export lossless audio, or even livestream right to Facebook; all with spectacular audio in an accessible recorder.
RECORD & EDIT AUDIO & VIDEO WITH AN EASY-TO-USE RECORDER
• Clears up the audio quality with noise reduction, de-essing, and a fade in/out: record music and voice
• Shapes your recording with Dolby’s unique Dynamic EQ and spatial audio for tone and space
• Boosts fullness and cut through with compression and pro limiting designed for live music to achieve ideal loudness
• Optimizes the sound for popular music platforms, Facebook live streaming, and other social media
• Record and export in lossless audio for even better sound
• VoiceOver support on Track Details and Sound Tools to improve usability for the vision impaired
MAKE IT YOUR OWN WITH POWERFUL SOUND EDITING IN YOUR POCKET
• Customize your voice and video recording with free music studio audio effects and vocal editor
• Six custom-designed, unique sound styles to apply to your music recording — like photography filters for audio, Styles are professionally designed sound presets based on analyzing thousands of songs
• Use Dolby’s Dynamic EQ to get fine-tuned treble, bass and mids control and tune your recording
• Use the free audio editor to trim the recording to edit out slow starts and stops
• Animated cover art so that you can share your audio tracks directly to social media or SoundCloud
• Use your favorite external mic to color your voice memo, music recording, or video recording
RECORD AUDIO. RECORD VOICE. RECORD VIDEO. RECORD MUSIC.
• Capture ideas and demo recordings. Record your voice memos and music memos in a simple recording studio app!
• Document rehearsals or the gig for your archive with audio & video recordings captured in studio microphone sound
• Grab sounds and inspirations in the field to sample in your next music creation. Select lossless audio for even better recording quality
• Record high-quality shareable audio & record video content for your fans
• Use free demo tracks to hear the full effects of Dolby on and test out our easy-to-use, powerful Sound Tools
• Import videos or audio captured in other apps to reduce background noise and improve sound quality
• Host amazing sounding livestreams without extra gear or technical skills
YOUR CREATIONS, ANYWHERE YOU WANT THEM
• Share voice or music recording to fans directly to Soundcloud, Instagram, and Facebook.
• Livestream to Facebook Live or Twitch with amazing sound quality
• Send ideas, demos, rehearsal and show recordings directly to your band and collaborators via text message or email
• Export your recordings, songs, and videos for additional editing: take your ideas into your favorite audio editor (DAW) or video editor
ONE RECORD BUTTON, 50 YEARS OF DOLBY INNOVATION
We’ve used five decades worth of audio innovation to give you one powerful audio recorder and video app. Advanced Dolby audio processing takes care of the sound quality, so you can focus on the fun part: creating.”
4. Ferrite Recording Studio
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With its time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won’t break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade to Pro and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. You have full control over each track’s volume and panning, and can Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voiceovers).
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio.
• (iPad only) Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock many additional tools, including:
• Record up to 8 channels at once (with iOS 13 and compatible audio interface)
• Prepare your audio for production with Noise Reduction and Auto Levelling.
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as EQ, Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging.
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix.
• Tighten Audio can automatically take out awkward pauses and gaps.
• Producing a podcast or series? Create a template to get each new episode off to a flying start.
• Found the perfect settings for an effect or tool? Save them as a Preset for re-use in other projects.
• Audio Unit Extensions: if you have other apps installed that provide effects as Audio Unit Extensions, they’ll show up in Ferrite, where you can add them to tracks or projects.
Note: Split View and Slide Over require a recent iPad. Please see our support pages for more details on compatibility. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.”
“GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.”
6. Recording Studio Lite
“Recording Studio Lite is a multitouch sequencer for iOS devices. Designed for quick and simple operation, Recording Studio Lite makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Recording Studio Lite is the perfect way to create great sounding music productions. With this free version you can record up to 4 tracks (32 tracks with the Pro version) by choosing between audio recordings or by using the virtual instruments ‘Grand Piano’, ‘Drums’, ‘Classical Guitar’ and ‘Electric guitar’. The audio tracks can be recorded using the built-in microphone, by connecting an external microphone or using a USB audio interface. After recording your tracks, you may want to edit them in the integrated sample editor (copy/paste, split, loop, fader, reverb). You can import mp3 and wav audio files. Recording Studio Lite is constantly being updated and continually improved with new features.
· Guitar Arpeggiator.
· Stereo Reverb.
· Guitar Amplifiers.
· Stereo Flanger.
· Stereo Chorus.
· Stereo Echo/Delay
· Stereo Compressor/Gate/Limiter.
Limitations of the Lite version
· Exporting mixing is disabled.
· Importing audio files is disabled.
· Only 4 instrument are available.
· The number of tracks is limited to 4 (up to 32 in the Pro version).
· The iTunes file sharing is disabled.
· Import and export MIDI is disabled.”
7. Spire: Music Recorder & Studio
Spire for iOS combines award-winning iZotope audio processing with multi-track recording to make importing a beat, layering vocals, collaborating with your producer, and sharing songs easier than ever. When your iPhone is your mobile vocal booth with automatic Soundcheck, recording high-quality vocals is possible anywhere.
• Import a beat and write lyrics
Get started by importing your beat. Easily write and develop your lyrics directly in the Spire app and have them front-and-center while you record.
• Automatically set your levels and tone
When you run Soundcheck in Spire before you record, it will identify voice or an instrument, set your levels, and sculpt your tone. Vocals stand out in the mix through automatically adding compression, saturation, and EQ—powered by tech from the Vocal Assistant in iZotope’s Nectar plug-in.
• Layer vocals and mix your tracks
Building a song with Spire is fast and intuitive. Easily capture lead vocals, overdubs, ad-libs, and more by just hitting record. You can edit out unwanted parts from any track with the trim tool. To mix, drag track icons up or down to adjust volume and left or right to pan.
• Collaborate with artists and producers
Text or email a Spire project to anyone from the Spire app and they can preview your song, export mixdowns, download individual tracks to edit in a DAW, or open in Spire to add tracks of their own.
• Share with your fans
If you’ve finished a song in Spire that you’re ready to show the world, you can publish your songs to SoundCloud, Instagram, and more directly from the app. Add artwork or a video to your project to make it your own before posting for your fans.
GET PRO VOCALS WITH SPIRE PRO
Enable Spire Pro and get full access to exclusive features and content that help you get pro-quality, release-ready vocals!
• Tune your vocals
Automatically tune your vocals from natural to robotic, and treat your tracks like the pros do with Tune, a new, exclusive mix effect for Spire Pro. Add this creative effect from the Mix view to shape your vocals, featuring tech from iZotope Nectar’s Pitch module.
• Pro Vocal Effects
Curated vocal effects powered by technology from iZotope Nectar. Includes the most popular effects in modern music, like vocal tuning, reverb, EQ, and more–all on your phone. Record with effects on or add them after, you can always change them.
• Inspire Me
Inspire your creativity with randomized vocal effects that combine static EQ, plate reverb, iZotope Trash distortion, echo, chorus, and more. You can even share your favorite effects with other artists to inspire more music.
• Personalized Soundcheck
When you upgrade to Spire Pro, Soundcheck evolves to become your personal vocal recording engineer. By listening to your voice and environment, it applies personalized processing to make sure your voice sounds clear and polished, no matter where you record. Whether it’s with the Spire app or Spire Studio paired with an iPhone, singers and rappers can now create pro-quality vocals over their beats in seconds.
Learn more about Spire Pro at izotope.com/spirepro
The Spire app for iOS is also the controller app for Spire Studio hardware:
Pair the app to Spire Studio hardware to create an integrated recording experience you can take on-the-go and unlock hardware exclusive effects for vocals and instruments as well as Enhance, a mastering tool powered by award-winning tech from iZotope Ozone.”
8. Splice – Music Made
Artists, composers, and bedroom beat-makers use Splice Sounds to create Grammy-winning songs, movie scores, club hits, and more.
Splice iOS App Features:
– Browse, audition, & search for sounds
– Filter sounds by instrument type & genres
– Try out sounds in Beatmaker
– Make your own beats in Sequencer
– Like sounds on the app and save them for later
– Sync sounds with the Splice desktop app
Inspiration can strike at any moment. Now, you can make progress on your music outside of the studio, no matter where you are.
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/splice
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spliceofficial/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/splice
Contact us: https://support.splice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new”
9. Voloco: Vocal Recording Studio
50 MILLION DOWNLOADS
Singers, rappers, musicians, and content creators have downloaded Voloco 50 million times because we elevate your sound and let you record like a professional with intuitive tools. Make music and content with Voloco––the top-rated singing and recording app. Record better tracks, demos, voice-overs, and video performances with this audio editor and voice recorder today.
STUDIO SOUND WITHOUT THE STUDIO
Sound like a professional—no studio, mic, or complicated software needed, just our recording app. Voloco automatically removes background noise and lets you correct the pitch of your voice to keep you in tune. Voloco also gives you a variety of presets for compression, EQ, auto tune, and reverb effects to polish your recording to perfection. Try singing karaoke at the perfect pitch in Voloco––the top audio editor app.
FREE BEAT LIBRARY
Select from thousands of free beats made by top producers to rap or sing over. Voloco automatically detects the key of the beat to make sure you’re in tune, unlike other singing apps.
IMPORT YOUR BEATS FOR FREE
With Voloco, using your beats is free.
Create complex arrangements with the ability to save and work on them later. Record with the peace of mind that you can refine your tracks in the future.
Use up to four vocal layers in the recording studio to record overdubs, ad-libs, harmonies, and more.
PROCESS EXISTING AUDIO OR VIDEO
Applying Voloco effects to audio you recorded elsewhere is easy in our audio editor. You can also apply Voloco effects like reverb or auto tune to the vocals of pre-recorded videos––use Voloco as a voice recorder and changer. This recording app and voice changer lets you import video of a celebrity interview and make them sound like a child or an angry alien. Be creative!
Separate vocals from existing songs with vocal remover and create something incredible.Want to hear Elvis with pitch correction? Or make Frank Sinatra sound like a creepy demon? Import a song, separate the vocals with vocal remover, select an effect, and you have an instantly memorable remix. You can even separate and edit vocals from music videos or try using Voloco as a karaoke app by separating vocals with our vocal remover.
If you want to finish your mix with another app, that’s easy. You can rap or sing over a track, record yourself, and export just your vocals as AAC or WAV for final mixing in your favorite DAW.
Check out some of the professional-quality tracks users have made with Voloco in the Top Tracks section of the singing and recording app.
Jot down your lyrics so you have everything you need to make a top track right in the app or belt karaoke with your friends.
Voloco features over 50 effects grouped into 12 preset packs. Explore basics like reverb and auto voice tune or transform your voice in the voice recorder and changer.
Starter: Two flavors of auto vocal tune, a rich harmony preset, a monster vocoder, and a clean preset for noise reduction only.
LOL: Funny effects including vibrato, drunk tune, and vocal fry.
Spooky: Aliens, demons, ghosts, and more.
Talkbox: Classic and future electro-funk sounds.
Modern Rap I: Add stereo width, thickness, and heft to your vocals.
Modern Rap II: Extended harmonies and effects that are great for ad-libs.
P-Tain: Extreme pitch correction plus seventh chords. Perfect for RnB and rap.
Bon Hiver: Lush harmony and auto voice tune in the style of Bon Iver’s song “Woods.”
8 Bit Chip: Bleeps and boops like your favorite games from the 80’s
Duft Pank: Funky vocoder sounds similar to a certain French electronic duo.
Sitar Hero: Inspired by Indian classical music.
Terms and conditions: https://resonantcavity.com/appterms”