If you are looking for the Best Free Reminder App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Free Reminder App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Free Reminder App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Free Reminder App For iPhone
1. Any.do: To do list & Calendar
“Join over 30 million people who rely on Any.do to organize their life and get more done. “IT’S A MUST HAVE APP” (NYTimes, WSJ, USA Today & Lifehacker). It’s the perfect combo of a task list, calendar, planner & reminders all-in-one app.
THE #1 TO DO LIST & TASK LIST
SYNCS SEAMLESSLY between your mobile, desktop, web, and tablet. Keeps all your to do list, tasks, reminders, calendar & agenda always in sync so you’ll never forget a thing
GET REMINDERS for a scheduled time, when you reach a particular location or set recurring reminders so you never miss a thing
WORK TOGETHER with shared lists and assigned tasks to collaborate and get more done, with anyone.
Widget with simple and powerful features to keep your to do list and calendar events always at hand
SIMPLE & POWERFUL CALENDAR OUTLOOK
EASILY VIEW your events and to-do list & Tasks for the day, week & month
SYNC SEAMLESSLY in real-time with your phone’s calendar, google calendar, Facebook events, outlook calendar, or any other calendar so you don’t forget an important event
ALL-IN-ONE APP FOR GETTING THINGS DONE
To easily create reminders we added voice entry so you can just speak your mind and we’ll add it to your to do list. For better task management flow we added a calendar integration to keep your agenda always up to date. To enhance your productivity we added cross-platform support for recurring reminders, location reminders, sub-tasks, notes & file attachments. To keep your to-do list always up to date, we’ve added a one-of-a-kind daily planner.
TO DO LIST, CALENDAR & REMINDERS MADE SIMPLE
Any.do was designed to keep you on top of your to do list and calendar with no hassle. Thanks to the intuitive drag and drop of tasks, swiping to mark to-do’s as complete, and shaking your device to remove completed from your to do list – you can keep yourself organized and enjoy every minute of it.
POWERFUL TASK LIST MANAGEMENT
Looking for more? Add a to do list item straight from your email inbox by forwarding email@example.com. Attach files from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive to your tasks.
LIFE ORGANIZER & DAILY PLANNER
Any.do is a to do list, a calendar, an inbox, a notepad, a checklist, task list, a board for post its or sticky notes, a project management tool, a reminders app, a daily planner, a family organizer, and overall the simplest and most useful productivity tool you will ever have.
SHARE LISTS & ASSIGN TASKS
To plan & organize projects has never been easier. Now you can share lists between family members, assign tasks to each other, chat and much more. Any.do will help you and the people around you stay in-sync and get reminders so that you can focus on what really matters, knowing you had a productive day and crossed off your to do list
GROCERY LIST & SHOPPING LIST
Any.do task list is also great for shopping at the grocery store. Right there on your to do list is a handy shopping list option that you can share with others. Forgot to buy post-it notes? Want reminders? Simply create a list on Any.do, share it with your loved ones and see them adding their shopping items in real-time. You won’t believe how you’ve done shopping or grocery lists before
Auto-Renewable subscription payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged at the cost of the subscription plan you chose:
$9.99 – monthly plan
$26.99 – 6 months plan
$59.99 – 12 months plan with 7 days trial (50% OFF)
You can manage and cancel the auto-renew subscription at any time from the account settings on iTunes (post-purchase), but we are unable to issue refunds for any pay periods that have already been billed.
*Please note we do not support Family Sharing at the moment.*
2. Due – Reminders & Timers
Because it repeatedly reminds you of things until you act on them, it‘s impossible to forget anything.
Most importantly, it’s lightning-fast to set and postpone reminders, all thanks to a clever time picker and natural date parsing.
1. Persistent & Effective
Auto Snooze repeatedly* notifies you of missed reminders until marked done or rescheduled. Choose between intervals of every 1, 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes.
2. Fast to Set, Fast to Postpone
A time picker with 12 preset and fully customizable times lets you set due dates and postpone reminders in record time.
3. Natural Date & Time Parsing
Due can also parse dates and times that you typed or dictate and offer to set the due dates and times for you.
4. Countdown Timers
Precise to the second, perfect for making the perfect soft-boiled eggs, brewing your coffee and more. Set them up once and reuse them forever
5. Powerful Recurring Reminders
From the simple daily and weekly reminders to the complex every-3rd-Wednesday-of-the-month kind of reminders
6. Keep in Sync**
Use iCloud or Dropbox to keep your reminders and timers in sync across your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
7. Works Offline, Completely Private
There is no account to sign up for. We don’t store, and we can’t access your reminders and timers. And you don’t need internet to receive reminders.
8. Accessible to Everyone
Automatically adjusts text size according to your system setting, and offers full VoiceOver support. Due is also localized in 17 languages.
* By default, auto snooze repeats 5 times, and can be configured to repeat up to 10 times. Due can auto snooze any overdue items indefinitely when you launch Due or act on any of its notifications.
** Sync on Mac requires Due for Mac (sold separately)
WHAT’S THAT IN-APP PURCHASE ABOUT?
When you purchase Due today, you will have access to every feature in the app today—no further purchase required.
You will also get access to all new features released one year from your date of purchase.
The optional Due Upgrade Pass subscription allows you to continue getting access to all new features released one year *after* your date of purchase.
And here’s the deal: Every feature that you have unlocked will remain available to you, forever—even if you stop subscribing.
Even without a subscription, you’ll always receive bug-fix and compatibility updates for free. These updates add support for the latest iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches. They also help ensure that Due continues to function well on the latest versions of iOS, iPadOS and watchOS.
Due has a pretty good track record with that.
To illustrate: If you’ve purchased Due back in 2010 for your iPhone 3G running iOS 4, that very same app in 2022 is now optimized for iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15. It even works on devices that didn’t exist back then, such as the iPad Pro and the Apple Watch.
Due requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 12 or later.”
3. Microsoft To Do
“Stay organised and manage your day-to-day with Microsoft To Do. Make shopping lists or task lists, take notes, record collections, set reminders and more to improve your productivity and focus on what matters.
Microsoft To Do is the task management app that makes it easy to stay organised and manage your life. Accomplish what’s important to you each day with My Day and Suggestions, personalised day planner tools.
Daily tasks are simple with To Do, from grocery lists to housecleaning routines. Intelligent suggestions recommend tasks from across your lists that may be relevant each day.
Microsoft To Do helps you quickly capture and retrieve your lists and tasks across devices. Sync reminders and tasks with Microsoft 365 to access them anywhere.
Capture tasks from different Microsoft apps and services and sync them with Microsoft To Do, from flagging emails as tasks in Outlook to lists from Cortana. Your tasks and lists are hosted securely on the Microsoft 365 service.
Make your lists unique with customizable features like emoji, colourful themes, dark mode and more. Stay connected and collaborate with friends and family by sharing lists to coordinate.
Microsoft To Do Features:
• Stay focused with My Day, a personalised daily planner with suggested tasks
• Get your lists anywhere, on any device
• Add notes to any task
• Share lists and tasks with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates
• Create colour-coded lists
• Set one-time or recurring due dates and reminders
• Break your tasks into manageable steps
• Attach files up to 25 MB to any task
To Do Lists for Any Purpose
• Bill planner
• Shopping lists
• Set reminders
• Task management
• Business calendar
• Note taking
• And more
Microsoft 365 Integration
• Sync your tasks between Outlook and To Do
• Host lists and tasks with the reliability and security of Microsoft 365
• Compile tasks from across your Microsoft 365 apps and services
Whether it’s for work, school, or home, To Do helps you organise and simplify your plans. To Do is free and available on all your devices.
Learn more: https://to-do.microsoft.com
Follow us on Twitter: @MicrosoftToDo
Have an idea or feature suggestion? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2171952
Need support? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2156547
Start using nTask for iOS to streamline day-to-day activities, tasks, and projects.
With a simple interface and a variety of features, it is the easiest way of managing daily workloads for you and your team while on the move.
Teams & Workspaces:
Your teams and workspaces define your entire project at nTask. That’s a smart way of simultaneous resource scheduling, project management and so much more without any risk of jumbling important stuff.
• Create teams to invite team members for a project or any variety of tasks.
• Create dedicated workspaces and add them to the relevant team(s).
• Identify important tasks to get them done on priority.
• Collaborate with members across different teams identical to individual workspaces.
• Keep everything synchronized with a peace of mind.
Issue management helps you to outline any pending problems that may hinder your ability to meet important deadlines.
• Create issues on the dot and assign team members to resolve them.
• Collaborate with relevant team members under issue panel to keep everyone on the same page.
• Get real-time updates from your ‘assignees’ via our exclusive ‘@’ highlight feature.
• Resolve issues without the possibility of raising any red flags!
We understand that risk is part of any real-life project. By helping you to define/create risks, you eliminate the possibility of:
• Failing to meet project deadlines.
• Losing important clients and stakeholders.
Through nTask’s Risk Management, now you can do more in a lot less:
• Create/define internal and external risks to any project.
• Add team members to appoint assignees for the exclusive risk resolution process.
• Get things done faster, smarter and seamlessly by creating and resolving risks as they come by!
Use nTask as your personal to-do list app or as a sophisticated task manager for your team – depending on what you need.
• Create and manage tasks and assign them to existing projects
• Prioritize, clone and archive tasks
• Use checklists to ensure completion of important steps in a task
• Collaborate using task comments on the move
• Set color tags for your tasks as required
• View project activity log to keep track of all activities
• Set reminders for your tasks
• Set frequency for your tasks
Translate Agile Project Management into your work through nTask – your go-to, free project management software.
• View project status and all the projects assigned on nTask
• Get notification reminders for all project updates on the go
Use nTask as your meeting planner or event coordinator and keep track of all your important meetings and events, effortlessly.
• Create meetings with predefined agenda
• Schedule events with notifications and reminders
• Record meeting minutes and define follow up tasks
• View a list of meetings created through nTask to stay updated
Take teamwork up a notch through nTask – your team management app on the go.
• Create and manage teams for projects and tasks
• Assign tasks to team members and track progress
• Share files and documents with your team
• Collaborate with your teams through task comments
• Define team roles based on a defined hierarchy
• Confidently manage billing and payment for individual employees
Choose nTask Timesheets for employee time tracking and managing payroll.
• Create multiple timesheets for multiple teams
• Log hours, review, approve and maintain timesheets
• Track past timesheets as required
Have a question, query or suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
5. Remember The Milk: To-Do List
• Get to-dos out of your head, and let the app remember for you
• Get reminded via email, text, IM, Twitter, and mobile notifications
• Share your lists and give tasks to others to get things done faster
• Stay magically in sync on all of your devices
• Organize the way you want to with priorities, due dates, repeats, lists, tags, and more
• Search your tasks and notes, and save your favorite searches as Smart Lists
• See tasks nearby and plan the best way to get things done
• Integrates with Gmail, Google Calendar, Twitter, Evernote, and more
• Used by millions worldwide to be more organized and productive
“Remember The Milk is a veritable Swiss Army knife of to-do list management.” – Lifehacker
Get more done with Remember The Milk Pro!
Remember The Milk is free to download and use. Purchase a Pro subscription in the app to unlock:
• Subtasks – break your tasks down into smaller, more manageable pieces
• Unlimited sharing – share your lists with others to get things done faster
• Color your tags – make your lists both organized and colorful with tag colors
• Advanced sorting – sort and group your tasks however you like
• Get reminded – never forget a task with reminders on your mobile device
• Badges and widgets – see your tasks at a glance and always know how many are due
• Apple Watch app – add and review tasks with ease on your Apple Watch
• Sync with Microsoft Outlook – keep your tasks seamlessly in sync with Microsoft Outlook
• Attach files to your tasks – connect to Dropbox or Google Drive to attach related files to any task
• Unlimited storage – keep track of all your hard work with unlimited completed tasks
• And more!
Remember The Milk Pro subscriptions are $39.99 (USD) annually. Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period. Manage your subscriptions in the iTunes Store after purchase.
6. “Reminder, Reminders with Voice”
“Reminder with Calendar and Voice Reminders is a powerful reminder app, you can easily set up all kind of reminders. Use your own voice recordings or pick a song from your music library and set it as the reminder sound. They will play when the reminder is due.
Reminders are fully configurable: Pre-Alarms, Auto-Snooze, Snooze, Reschedule, Custom Messages, Custom Sounds, Custom Images, Notes and More. Practically any type of reminder can be set:
Repeat throughout the day
• Repeat every X minutes (Every 20 mins, Every 90 mins)
• Repeat every X hours (Every hour, Every 4 hours)
• Repeat at specific times (9:15, 10:30, 11:50)
• Repeat every X days (Every day, Every 3 days)
• Repeat on selected days of the week (Repeat only on Mondays and Fridays)
• Repeat on weekdays, weekends
• Repeat every X weeks (Every week, Every 2 weeks)
• Repeat on selected days of the month (Repeat on the 15th and the 30th)
• Repeat every first Monday of the month
• Repeat every last Friday of the month
• Repeat every year (Birthdays, Anniversaries)
• Repeat daily for 21 days and then take 7 days off (Birth Control)
• Repeat for 3 consecutive days and then take 2 days off
• Set a reminder at a specific date and time
• Wake up at 8:00 on weekdays
• Wake up at 9:00 on weekends
• Easy to use for everyone
• Use your own voice as the reminder sound. It will play when the reminder is due
• Pick a song from your music library and set it as the reminder sound
• The Auto-Snooze feature allows to repeat the alarm up to 5 times at regular intervals (e.g. 1 min, 10 mins, 30 mins) until you take action
• Snooze a reminder or mark it as “Done” directly from the lock screen or notification banner
• Pre-Alarms: Receive up to 5 notifications prior to the actual due date
• Add images or photos to each reminder for easy identification
• Reschedule reminders to a new time and date in the future
• It has a calendar to show all reminders by month
• Easy one tap to turn individual reminders on or off
• Option to pause all reminders when you don’t want to be disturbed
• Backup and restore reminders on the same device or multiple devices
• More than 90 built-in images
• 30 built-in alarm sounds
• VoiceOver accessibility support
• Dark Mode (Available in iOS 13 and later)
• Automatically adjusts to the font size selected on the device
• Notifications are local. No internet connection required
• App doesn’t need to be open to receive notifications
• Universal App, full native support for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• In the free version you can only add up to 3 reminders
• Full version with unlimited reminders is available as an In-App Purchase
• One-Time payment. No monthly or annual fees”
“Reminders makes it easier than ever to remember the things you need to do. You can use it for all of life’s to-dos, including grocery lists, projects at work, or anything else you want to track. And with iCloud, it’s easy to keep all your devices in sync, so you’ll always have your reminders with you.
Fast and easy to use
• Use Siri to create reminders with your voice.
• Tap the quick toolbar to easily add alerts for dates, times, and locations, or add a flag or attachment to your reminder.
• Complete, tag, flag, or change the date and time for several reminders at once.
• Use powerful keyboard shortcuts to speed up your workflow.
• Add a widget to your Home Screen on iOS and iPadOS, or Notification Center on macOS, to view reminders lists.
• Organize your reminders with tags to make them easy to find.
• The Tag Browser lets you tap any tag, or combination of tags, to quickly view tagged reminders.
• Smart Lists – Today, Scheduled, Flagged, All, and Assigned to Me – automatically organize and display upcoming reminders.
• Custom Smart Lists automatically include reminders that matter most to you by gathering to-dos based on tags, dates, times, locations, flags, and priority.
• Sort reminders by title, priority, due date, or creation date. Or manually move reminders up and down within any list so they are in the order you prefer.
• Use subtasks to add additional detailed tasks to a reminder.
Be reminded when and how you want
• Set reminders to repeatedly remind you daily, weekly or at custom intervals.
• Trigger reminders by specific locations, for example when you arrive at home or work, or when you get in your car.
• Tag people in a reminder to get a reminder the next time you chat with them in Messages.
Collaborate with others
• Share and collaborate on a list of reminders – everyone with access to the shared list will be able to add or complete reminders.
• Assign reminders to people with whom you share lists.
• Get smart suggestions that you can add with a tap based on reminders you’ve created in the past for dates, tags, flags, priority, locations, and people you message.
• When corresponding with someone in Mail or Messages, Siri recognizes possible reminders and makes suggestions for you to create them.
• Improved natural language support allows you to type more advanced phrases to create reminder settings. Try something like “Jog every other morning” for a specific, recurring reminder.
Reminders for Apple Watch
• Get notified and mark reminders as complete right from your wrist and automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• View reminders and create new ones directly on your Apple Watch.
Certain features are available only in select languages and regions.”
8. Reminders – Beep Me
Need to set a reminder? Beep Me lets you do so quickly and easily. Don’t waste time using the calendar to add an event or using the clock to create a new alarm. With Beep Me it’s just two simple steps: Jot a short memo, and set the beep time. That’s all!
In a meeting when you remember that you promised to return a call in the afternoon? Jot down “call Jack”, and set it to beep you at 2:30. Put the pizza in the oven and need to set a timer? Jot “pizza” and set it to beep you in 20 minutes.
Want your calendar events to appear at the same central reminder app and benefit from the nagging and pre-alarms that are available only in Beep Me? No problem, just select the calendars you’d like to import from and you’re ready to go.
Do you have more than one device? keep that synced with the new Backup & Restore options using iCloud or Dropbox clouds.
From the reviews:
* “Simple, easy to use, works very well. Thank you!”
* “Missing piece in iPhone – This is the piece that you need between calendar and to-do. Simple and warm interface and that’s why I love it.”
* “That’s what I was looking for, fast and intuitive!”
Once you start using Beep Me you just can’t stop. The simplicity and ease of use are addictive!
– Set as many reminders as you need (up to 3 simultaneously in this basic version).
– Set reminders timer style: Remind me in 20 minutes.
– Set reminders clock style: Remind me at 2:30.
– Set the repeat interval: Day, Week, Month, Year, or custom intervals!
– When reminded either accept it or snooze it.
– Import events from your calendar.
– Multiple themes, including an Auto mode for iOS 13+ light/dark modes
– View today’s reminders in the Today notification center.
– Set phone call reminder by selecting a contact and calling them when reminded.
– Nagging mode allows you to set the number of times and intervals to nag about a beep you until you open the app again.
– Badge displays the number of active reminders or the number of missed reminders
– Set the badge behavior
– Share your beeps with others
– Backup & Restore using iCloud/Dropbox/Email
– Copy a beep to the calendar to make it permanent.
– Select the beep sound (3 in this basic version, and up to 45 different sounds!!!)
– Uses local notifications, no need for internet connection.
– Actions available on each notification to snooze, mark as done – also from the Apple Watch
As always, if there is a problem or you would like to see more features, feel free to contact us and let us know.
If you already love using Beep Me, then spread the word and let everyone else know about it as well!”