If you are looking for the Best Free Subtitle App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Free Subtitle App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Free Subtitle App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Free Subtitle App For Android
1. “MightySubs, Fast Subtitles”
What does it do ?
You enjoy watching TV shows but you tired of losing time downloading subtitles ? MightySubs is for you.
Downloading subtitles has never been so easy. Quickly configure the application and then browse your shows, click and download subtitles in a few seconds !
Whether on your tablet or on your NAS, do not waste your time anymore. Sit back, relax and good subtitles downloading !
– 2 languages available : English and yours according to your device, if available (23 languages in the premium version)
– Multi-languages support : you can enable more than one language at once
– 7 subtitles fetchers : OpenSubtitles, Addic7ed, BetaSeries, Sous-titres.eu, Subscene.com, Podnapisi.net and Subswiki. Select and sort the ones you want to use (more to come). Tusubtitulo.com support has been removed due to a request from its administrator.
– 10 daily downloads (unlimited in the premium version)
– Directory profile management, with local and remote directory (Samba/Windows or FTP) support to browse your files (more protocol to come)
Movies are also supported, through OpenSubtitles and Subscene fetchers only.
To handle movies, TV shows, on different locations, it’s easy ! Just create the right profile.
You can create 3 profiles with the free version, as many as you want with the premium one !
The premium version allows you to schedule automatically any profile, one time a day. It will download any missing subtitles.
Download is fully automatic ! If a subtitle doesn’t match with a given fetcher (with your preconfigured fetchers selection), delete it and try to select manually a fetcher through a long press on the file. If a match is still not found but you’re sure the subtitle exists, email me the case, I’ll work on it to improve Mightysubs’ AI.
This is the free limited version.
Afterward, if you like the app and want to download more, please consider the premium version.
No limitation, more languages and many original features in the future : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.toyonos.mightysubs.premium
If you have any comments (bad or good), feedbacks, bug reports, don’t hesitate and send me an email : email@example.com
I’ll be happy to answer and help you with any issue you may encounter.
Music from the demo video : Trouz An Noz – Trouz An Noz (from Chome Taï ! – 2010)”
2. Get Subtitles
Also manually navigate the folders on your device.
✓ Works on phones, tablets and PC’s
✓ Automatic detection of video and movie files
✓ Automatically checks movie to find matching subs
✓ Automatically inserts subtitles into video upon playing if using VLC, MX or MX Player Pro
✓ Fast and accurate subtitle downloader engine (OpenSubtitles)
✓ Manual searching of files also
✓ Search for movies using just the name. No need to have the file on your phone.
✓ Supports over 170 languages including English, Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and many more.
✓ Launch video player from within app, saves having to find the video or movie on your device
✓ Easy to use
✓ Supports Chromebooks
You will also need a subtitle capable video player to play the subtitles once you download them, we recommend VLC player.
For external storage locations, or SD cards not recognised automatically, you can use “manual search” -> “file search”. If you click the top left corner of the file explorer window the ‘/storage’ location should be visible and they will be in there.
NOTE: If you have a problem, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can aim to resolve the issue. If subtitles do not come up for your movie and language, this is probably because they do not exist yet. You can request them at the OpenSubtitles website.”
3. Video Subtitle Maker
“Do you wish to add your own subtitles video but find it difficult to do it. Here is the solution to that. You can subtitles to any video very very easily using this app Video Subtitle Maker. Add subtitle at any particular duration or scene. Also customize your subtitles with fancy colors and fonts.
The main feature of this app is to add titles in video at a particular time duration.
#App features :
– Video Cropping : you can crop any length or any part of a video.
– Add duration vise subtitles to your video.
– Add multiple subtitles to your video.
– Use different text font style, size and color for subtitles.
– Very easy to use.
– Save and share your video from the app itself.
-To save your created subtitle video in storage”
4. Subbr Free: Subtitle Editor
You will never have to use your PC when it turns out subtitles do not match movie you are watching. Adjusting poorly synchronized subtitles is no longer a problem. You can validate and automatically fix detected errors by a single click. Finally save changes to selected format.
• Reading & writing following subtitle formats: TMPlayer, MPL, MicroDVD, SubRip (SRT), SubViewer 1.0, SubViewer 2.0
• Reading frame rate from associated video file in AVI, MP4, MKV format
• Detecting character encoding
• Built-in file manager
• Automatic subtitles backup
• Styling & coloring subtitles with one click
• Editing texts with HTML tags
• Validating and fixing faulty subtitles (PRO version)
Ready to use on phones and tablets.
In case of any problems with the application please contact me by sending an email.”
5. Easy Subtitles
“Some videos don’t have embedded subtitles, then subtitles can be provided in separate subtitle files (.srt, .ssa, .ass). With Easy Subtitles you can easily modify your subtitle files to make sure that your subtitles are perfectly in sync with your videos.
Note: Because of a Google design decision, Android 4.4 doesn’t allow apps to write on the SD Card. This is fixed for Android 5 and above.
– Supported formats: SubRip (.srt) and SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass)
– Supports multiple characters encoding
– Lines can be added, removed and modified one by one
– Apply a time offset to all lines or a subset of lines
– Load files from the external storage
– Launch the associated video directly from the application (if there is a video file with the same name)
Content on the advanced mode (available as in-app purchase)
– Split files
– Merge 2 subtitle files
– Create files
– Delete files
– Search in the subtitle
– Multiple line selection
– Modify styles
For discussions, bug reports, feature requests, beta versions, please visit the Community:
Beta and Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/117504063096060095915
A big thank to Android Gamer for the Arabic translation!”