If you are looking for the Best Free Synth App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Free Synth App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Free Synth App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Free Synth App For iPhone
1. AudioKit Synth One Synthesizer
*** “2018 App of the Year, Runner up” – Stuff.tv ***
*** “Best iOS Music Apps of 2018” – Cult of Mac ***
*** “Best of 2018: iOS Apps for Musicians” – Ask.Audio ***
“AudioKit Synth One is a free feature-packed synth for your iPad, including 300+ presets created by professional sound designers behind M83, Tycho, and Rihanna” – Engadget
*** “Best Music Apps of 2018” – Music Radar ***
LEARN OUR INCREDIBLE STORY:
*** Optimized for newer iPads & iPhones for best performance.
Note: Requires iPhone 6 or higher screen size. App will not work on older iPhone 5/SE/Touch devices
“A Stunning Endeavor… Sounds Amazing!”
– Francis Preve, Electronic Musician Magazine
“Amazing & Brilliant… Sounds fantastic!”
– The Sound Test Room
“A great example of human endeavor”
– Gaz Williams, Sonic State
“Sounds amazing… the start of something huge.”
AudioKit Synth One is the first completely free & open-source professional iOS Synthesizer app in history. No Ads. No IAP. It will always be free.
“Powerful… Awesome” – Synthtopia.com
“An amazing synth app for your iPad that’s as close to sorcery as it gets” – GarageBand Guide
“Must Have iOS Synthesizer” – Synth Anatomy
“Synth One is a robust piece of free software” – The Verge
“It WOWS you… immediately fun to start tweaking!” – discchord
“A damn fine synth” – Computer Music Magazine
“Open-source and seriously powerful” – Future Music Magazine
“A labour of love that everyone can enjoy” – Music Radar
“Extremely exciting passion project” – Music Tech Magazine
“Make your own imposing synthesizer sounds and teach yourself the basics of music production” – Lifehacker
Created by over 100+ volunteers around the world (including sound designers for M83, Rihanna, Kanye West, Neon Trees, Mike Posner, Tycho, and more), this app includes MIDI support (play it with a MIDI keyboard or controller), sequencer, vintage-inspired analog filters, expressive arpeggiators, warm analog delays, and, over 300+ presets to get you started!
Email us your music & bugs: firstname.lastname@example.org
SYNTH ONE FEATURES:
This synthesizer is completely free, fully functional, and ad-free. There are no IAP or anything to buy — It’s the ultimate free iPad music instrument app!
• Hybrid Analog/FM Poly Synthesizer
• Over 300+ Presets crafted by famous sound designers
• Audiobus 3 & Inter-app Audio (IAA)
• Ableton Link
• Five Oscillators (2 DCO, FM, Sub, Noise)
• 2 LFOs with over a dozen routing possibilities
• Vintage-Style 16-Step Sequencer
• Classic poly arpeggiator
• MIDI in (Control with a MIDI Keyboard or AudioBus/IAA)
• Touchable ADSR Envelopes for Amp & Filter
• FM Oscillator w/ Mod
• Mono glide and legato
• Dedicated Sine/Square -12/24 Sub Osc
• 4-Pole Vintage Low-Pass Filter
• High-Pass/Band Pass Filters
• Beautiful Costello Reverb
• Multi-tap (ping-pong) delay
• Preset & Bank Import/Export & More…
BONUS: Full Source code is now available!
Plus, it’s completely open-source. Use the code to learn how to build your own synth app or modify the app yourself!
OFFICIAL VIDEO: https://youtu.be/hwDNgCYowYs
“Amazing noises that will make your ears squee with glee” – Stuff Magazine
“Pick of the Week” – MacBreak
On the roadmap:
• MPE Support (Play w/ a Roli Seaboard)
• AUv3 Plug-in support”
“GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.”
3. Minimoog Model D Synthesizer
“The Minimoog Model D App is a mobile transmutation of the world’s first portable synthesizer, the Minimoog Model D®. Optimized for use on all 64-bit iOS devices, anyone can jump in and play with over 160 included presets or lay fingers to the controls and begin exploring vast magical realms of creative potential.
Taking full advantage of the iOS platform, the Minimoog Model D App incorporates a number of inspiring sound creation tools and capabilities not present on its analog antecedent. New functions include the ability to play chords with up to four-note polyphony, an easy-to-use arpeggiator for rhythmic pattern creation, a real time looping recorder with unlimited overdubbing capacity, a tempo-synchronizable stereo ping pong delay module, and the Bender — a wide-range stereo time modulation effect module.
The Minimoog Model D App also supports AUv3 Audio Unit extensions, which allows multiple instances of this powerful instrument to be used simultaneously within compatible iOS apps like Apple’s GarageBand®.
A BRIEF HISTORY
Introduced by Moog in 1970, the Minimoog Model D served as the archetype for all electronic keyboards that followed. It gave users the ability to design their own sounds, translating imagination into reality. The Minimoog’s portability, affordability and accessibility made it the go-to instrument for musicians looking to expand beyond the traditional sounds of the time. Bernie Worrell used the Minimoog Model D to establish Parliament Funkadelic’s futuristic funk sound. Kraftwerk employed the Minimoog Model D on the successful concept album Autobahn, sparking an entirely new genre. Gary Numan replaced his live band’s guitars with Minimoog Model Ds, creating the prototype for industrial music. The classic sound of the Minimoog Model D can be heard on Bob Marley’s Catch A Fire, Michael Jackson’s Thriller and Dr. Dre’s The Chronic; Detailed in the mini-doc series “A Brief History Of The Minimoog”.
• Ships with over 160 presets (Hundreds more available in the Minimoog Model D App Store)
• Up to 4-notes of polyphony
• Easily share presets and audio recordings with friends
• Arpeggiator module with note-hold capability
• Stereo ping-pong delay effect
• Bender time modulation effect
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Selectable envelope shapes and triggering behavior
• Effortless MIDI CC mapping
• Seamlessly backup presets to iCloud
• Play mode for easier panel and keyboard interaction
• A new take on the classic feedback/overload path
• All 64-bit iOS devices
• AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions (Including GarageBand)
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Changes
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Share over AirDrop, Mail or other iOS applications”
4. SynthMaster Player
“SynthMaster Player for iOS received “2016 Editor’s Choice Award” from Electronic Musician Magazine! SynthMaster desktop version is voted as “The Best VST/AU Synth Plugin” by MusicRadar readers and also received “Gear of the Year” award from MusicTech Magazine for “Best Software Instrument” category.
SynthMaster has received very positive reviews from acclaimed music technology magazines:
“SynthMaster: The most powerful softsynth you may not have heard of” Keyboard Magazine
“If ever there was a desert island synth, SynthMaster is it, covering all sonic bases with authority and a superb tone” Computer Music Magazine
“Many developers say that they’ve produced the one and only synth you’ll ever need, but we’ve always felt that was a dubious claim. In SynthMaster’s case, though, it’s one that rings true” MusicRadar
SynthMaster Player for iOS is the MOBILE PLAYER VERSION of the award winning SynthMaster software synthesizer.
It is targeted towards users who prefer to use presets rather than designing their own sounds during music production. Although it is a preset based player, users can edit the following preset parameters:
1) 8 easy parameters assigned by the sound designer
2) 2 XY Pads assigned by the sound designer
3) Effect bypass states and send amounts
4) Layer bypass states and volumes
5) Master volume, polyphony
The free app comes with 100 factory presets. When users complete registration by entering their names and email addresses they receive another 100 factory presets as a bonus!
After completing registration, users can upgrade to the Pro version of the app by purchasing the “Factory Presets” bank via In-App-Purchase (IAP). With the Pro Upgrade all of the 800 factory presets are loaded and also the following features are unlocked:
1. Users can save the changes they have made to the presets.
2. Users can purchase additional preset banks via In-App-Purchase (IAP). We currently have 28 additional preset banks that contain 1750 presets for various genres/styles.
3. Existing SynthMaster users can download their previously purchased SynthMaster preset banks inside the app, so that they don’t have to purchase them again.
4. Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets in SynthMaster v2.x and import them into SynthMaster Player for iPad using iTunes.
SynthMaster Player for iOS supports AUv3, you can add multiple instrument instances to your tracks.
SynthMaster Player for iOS acts as an source/instrument in InterApp Audio. We demonstrate in our user manual how to connect it to InterApp enabled DAW apps.
SynthMaster Player for iOS acts as a source/instrument in AudioBus, with state saving enabled. We demonstrate in our user manual how to connect it to AudioBus enabled DAW apps.
The built-in 2 octave keyboard with pitch and modulation wheels lets users play notes without having to connect an external MIDI controller to their iPad. With its Scale functionality, it shows the users the notes on the scale, and with its Chord functionality the user can play a certain chord by pressing a single note.
SynthMaster Player for iOS supports CoreMIDI and also virtual MIDI. It acts as a virtual MIDI destination for other DAW apps. Midi input device, midi input channel, and receive midi beat clock settings can be adjusted from the MIDI Settings window.
Minimum Operating System Supported: iOS 9
Minimum Hardware Supported: iPad4, iPhone 5 and above
Recommended Hardware: iPad Air and above, iPhone6 and above”