If you are looking for the Best Free Text To Speech App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Free Text To Speech App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Free Text To Speech App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Free Text To Speech App For Android
1. @Voice Aloud Reader (TTS Reader)
“Listen to the app reading aloud or read on screen web pages, news articles, long emails, TXT, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documens, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW and FB2 ebooks and more. It’s an HTML reader, document reader and ebook reader all in one, both for reading on-screen, or listening when your eyes hurt, malfunction or are busy elsewhere.
* Open text, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documents or HTML files for reading aloud.
* Now includes OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for extracting text from PDF files, where normal text extraction does not work.
* Click “Share” or “Send by Email” button/menu item in any app to send text to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading over speakers or a headset.
* When sharing web pages to @Voice, their menus, navigation, ads, other junk are removed, leaving clean text to read or listen.
* In WhatsApp use Export Chat function to send chats to @Voice for listening
* If “Share” is not available, copy text in another app and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
* Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
* Read eBooks on screen with their original formatting, images shown, turn pages or read continuously. Or put headphones, turn off screen and listen!
* Handles Chinese and Japanese vertical text (right to left mode), or switch it to horizontal mode if preferred.
* Easily add saved Pocket articles to @Voice reading list – in Read List screen, press Menu – Add articles from Pocket, then read on screen or listen being read aloud.
* Record spoken articles to sound files – WAV (uncompressed) or OGG (compressed) formats supported.
* Long-press word and/or select a longer phrase to view dictionaries, translations, Wikipedia, Web search and more.
* Speech correction for TTS, optionally using Regular Expressions (RegEx)
* Easily control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
* Pause/resume speech as needed with wired or Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next/Previous buttons to jump by sentence or to next/previous article on list.
* Auto-recognize the language to use appropriate TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with “Select language” menu item.
* Options for additional pause between paragraph, start talking as soon as a new article is loaded or wait for a button press, start/stop talking when wired headset plug is inserted/removed.
* Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
WANT TO BETA TEST NEW RELEASES?
Join @Voice Beta Testing: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.hyperionics.avar”
2. Voice Texter – Continuous Speech to Text & Notes
“Voice Texter is a Speech to Text-based Voice to Text converter app. It transcribes your voice/speech to text continuously without any interruptions.
Now with this smart Application, you can dictate continuously and non-stop as long as you want. It is for students, teachers, writers, bloggers to help them write and save their notes, transcriptions with ease.
Unlike other speech to text apps, Voice Texter won’t stop listening to you until and unless you want it to. So that you can continuously convert your voice to text.
Features of Voice Texter which makes it a powerful voice-typing based Notes Making App:
★ Non-stop conversion/transcribing, won’t stop listening even if you stop speaking.
★ Play/Stop button to easily control speech recognition.
★ Awesome audio visualizers show your voice amplitude/intensity.
★ Multilingual- Supports more than 110+ languages. So now transcribe in any language you want.
★ Provides transcription with most accuracy as it works on Google’s Speech Recognition Engine.
★ Works Offline – No or Poor Internet Connection? No Problem, it works without the internet too. Even more accurately.
★ No words limit. Write novel’s too if you want XD.
★ Auto capitalization, punctuations, and spacing.
★ Change line or paragraph by simply speaking New Line or New Paragraph.
★ Insert punctuations by simply speaking like full stop, comma, etc.
★ The phone will not sleep while speaking providing non-stop voice-text conversion.
★ Word counter to count your words. Helpful for bloggers.
★ Insert Images in notes.
★ Insert URL in notes
★ Share your notes wherever you want.
★ Export your notes to.TXT files.
★ Backup/Restore – Never lose your notes. Create a backup of your data anywhere and restore it whenever you want.
★ Simple and sleek UI and is easy to use.
★ Lightweight app. Don’t acquire massive storage on your phone.
★ Always free, no limit on Speech to text conversion or transcribing.
★ Dark Mode UI to reduce stress on your eyes and help your phone’s battery live long.
Note: Voice Texter works with Google’s Speech Recognizer Engine. So make sure you have Google App installed on your Device and is set as Default Speech Recognizer. Otherwise, Voice Texter may crash in some of the devices like Samsung, HTC, etc which uses their own Speech Assistants.
Verbal Command supported;
Full stop; colon; semicolon; exclamation mark; question mark; hyphen; dash; quotation; newline; new paragraph, etc. Check the Help section inside the app for more details.
App Privacy in a few words: We value our user’s privacy. So, none of your data is stored by us anywhere in this universe. Your data is only sent to Google for helping them improve their Speech Recognition Service via Your Android’s Speech Recognizer.”
3. Legere Reader
“Legere Reader is an accessible reading tool for mobile and tablet devices. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable screen layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style from completely auditory to completely visual, plus synchronized combination of both.
The visually impaired will benefit from the ability to hear documents read in their favorite voices; students and others with dyslexia will appreciate the synchronized reading capability that integrates text and voice; and everyone who wants to hear or read their documents in their own way will benefit from the configurability of the visual and voice capabilities.
Legere Reader supports reading PDF, DRM-free EPUB and DAISY eBooks and more. It can load files from file sharing apps like DropBox, Box and OneDrive, or directly from your local device. It has direct integration with the Bookshare book-sharing service.
– Listen to documents like it’s music, with play-pause button, gestures or remote control
– Continues reading when you lock the screen
– Change voice and reading speed (50-700 words per minute) on the fly
– Remembers the voice and speech rate used for each document
– Switch between original layout and text-only view for PDF documents
– Synchronized word and line highlighting
– Improve focus with reduced text area and auto-scrolling
– Customizable font including OpenDyslexia font
– Font size up to 80 points for low vision users
– Adjustable margin, line spacing and character spacing
– 3 fully customizable color themes
– Word .doc files converted to and imported as PDF
– Word .docx, RTF, .mobi convert to and imported as ePub
– Text extraction from PDF, Plain text, and HTML files
– Text extraction from DRM-free ePub and DAISY books
– DAISY audiobooks, and audiobooks as zipped MP3 files
– Store and view PDF documents in original layout
– Dropbox, Box and OneDrive or any app which can share supported files
– Bookshare and Gutenberg
– Built-in Web Browser to download files
– Folders for organizing content
– Export full text, highlights, and notes
– Navigation by sentence, paragraph, page, chapter, highlights, bookmarks, 15, 30, and 60 seconds
– Remembers speech and visual location where you stopped
– Bookmarking, text highlighting and note taking
– Full-text search
– Any builtin voice already on the device
– Premium voices from Acapela 24 languages available through in-app purchase
– Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Catalan, Polish, Turkish, Greek, Arabic, Romanian, Icelandic and Welsh.
– It is not possible to load DRM-protected books from iBooks, Kindle and Nook.
– Word level highlighting is not supported for builtin voices”