If you are looking for the Best Free Video Camera App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Free Video Camera App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Free Video Camera App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Free Video Camera App For iPhone
1. FiLMiC Pro－Video Camera
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird – Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine – Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me – Selena Gomez
Stupid Love – Lady Gaga
Detour – Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron – Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours – Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) – Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
FiLMiC Pro also offers a range of cinematic film looks (optional in-app purchase) that can be applied in-camera at time of capture to deliver a truly cinematic aesthetic without the need for timely grading in post. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• ProRes support on 13 series
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps. Not compatible with CineKit)
• Realtime film looks (8-bit) †
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use
• Ramped zoom rocker control
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram
• Manual white balance adjustment & custom presets
• Content Management (CMS) for file naming
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3 †
• Live shadow and highlight controls †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls †
(† Available as optional in-app purchase & limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and video preview
• Vertical and landscape orientations
• Variable speed zoom
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent)
• Slow and fast motion FX
• Time lapse capture
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform
• Downsampling to multiple resolutions
• Saved shooting presets
• Framing guide overlays
• Image stabilization
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.”
2. FilmoraGo-Video Editor & Maker
“FilmoraGo is an easy-to-use video editing app with advanced features and tons of ways to be creative. Create music videos, velocity edit, make your own movies, and share videos with your friends! You’ll save time and have a blast.
Why you’ll love FilmoraGo:
POWERFUL YET SIMPLE VIDEO EDITING TOOLS
– Intuitive timeline view makes it easier to manage multiple timelines.
– Trim, split, duplicate, or merge video clips.
– Adjust playback speed for fast or slow motion.
– Rotate video clips in any degrees.
– Playback your clips in reverse.
– Stunning templates help create videos in seconds.
– Adjust display: change brightness, contrast, temperature, vignette, saturation, clarity.
PERFECT MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS
– Royal-free music library and built-in sound effects.
– Record your own voice-overs.
– Trim and cut the audio to remove unwanted parts.
STUNNING VIDEO EFFECTS
– Add animated text or fun stickers on video and photo.
– Support fantastic filters and text overlays.
– PIP: add multiple layers of video, images, stickers, special effects, text, etc.
– Canvas: add background to your video and adjust aspect ratio.
ADVANCE CAMERA FEATURES
– The first iOS video editor with Double Take/multi-cam (available for iPhone XR or later).
– AR Camera: Create memoji/animoji selfie video
– Retouch: Reshape your face of size, eyes and lips
– Video beautification: Whiten and Smooth your skin
EASY VIDEO-SHARING AND SAVING
– Share your video to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and more.
– Save videos to your camera roll.
FilmoraGo Unlimited Subscription:
– With FilmoraGo Pro Unlimited subscription, you have access to all features and paid editing materials including stickers, filter packages etc. Watermark and LogoRoll will be removed automatically.
– Get all of FilmoraGo’s features and paid add-ons including stickers and filter packages.
– No export watermark or logo roll.
– Monthly, quarterly, or annual billing.
– Payments will be charged to your iTunes account.
– Subscriptions will automatically be renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the time of renewal.
– Your account will be charged for the subscription renewal up to 24 hours prior to the end of your current subscription period in order to avoid service gaps.
– You can turn off auto-renewal at any time through your Account Settings.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We value your feedback.
Here’s how you can contact us:
3. Halide Mark II – Pro Camera
Halide is an App Store Editor’s Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple’s App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore’s “App of the Year 2020,” Macworld’s “Must Have Apps,” The Verge’s “Apps We Love,” and The Sweet Setup’s “Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone.”
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
– Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
– Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
– Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
– Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
– Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
– Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
– Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
– Grid overlay with built-in level
– A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
– Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
– Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
– Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
– Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
– Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
– Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
– Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
– Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12, 13)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 13 or SE2
4. MAVIS – Pro Camera
“MAVIS is the ultimate pro filmmaking and broadcast camera for the iPhone. It provides professional level filming tools including focus peaking, waveform monitor, vectorscope, false color and zebras. It gives you audio controls, audio metering, custom resolutions, framerates and recordings formats. It also brings a natural interface to give you full flexible manual control while shooting.
MAVIS now offers In-App Purchases. Purchase the Big Bundle or choose from our Viewfinder, Formats, Pro Tools and Timecode packs.
– Focus peaking and expanded focus for manual focus assist
– Zebras and False Color exposure assist
– Manual focus, exposure and color
– HD, 2K and 4K* recording
– High bitrate and HEVC encoding*
– Custom frame rates up to 240fps*
– Digital Zoom in 1080p
– Dual camera support*
– Full screen mode
– Custom audio inputs
– Audio metering and manual audio gain control where available*
– Real-time audio passthrough for monitoring in headphones*
– Real-time full-scale vectorscope for color work
– Real-time full-scale waveform monitor for exposure monitoring
– Support for UltraSync BLUE from Timecode Systems
– Support for Zhiyun Smooth 4
– Global Presets
– Custom Function (FN) button
– Multiple saving and sharing options
– Apple Watch record start/stop remote
– Support Docs
SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS*:
– 4K (UHD)
– 4K (4:3) – record at maximum camera resolution without audio
– 2K (4:3)
CUSTOM FRAME RATES:
– Presets available include 23.98fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps*
– Select any frame rate from 3fps up to 240fps*
– Record up to 240fps in 1080p*
ADVANCED EXPOSURE CONTROLS
– View shutter in angles and speed
– Shutter lock (e.g. lock at 180°)
– Separate target focus and exposure reticles
FULL MANUAL CONTROLS FOR:
– Color temperature
– Focus peaking and Expanded focus helps ensure your shots are always in focus
– Waveform monitor helps you shoot with the optimum dynamic range
– Vectorscope ensures your colors are consistent and your white balance is correct
– Zebra overlay helps ensure your shots are never over exposed
– False color support for Gradient and Ranges with full details about color representations
– False color helps ensure your shots are never over/under exposed
ENCODING BIT RATES:
– 10Mbit/s (Make your storage last longer)
– 20Mbit/s (Standard)
– 30Mbit/s (High quality production)
– 50Mbit/s (Great for post and color grading)
– 100Mbit/s (Great for very high quality productions, color grades and visual effects)*
– Custom external inputs
– Select external audio input from Lightning connector or analog input
– Stereo audio from Lightning connected inputs
– Internal mic selection and polar pattern
– Manual gain control where available
– Audio pass-through/monitoring with headphones*
– VU metering
– Recording Tally
– De-Squeeze support for Moondog Anamorphic Lens
– Image flip support for DOF adaptors
– Support for different aspect ratios in the viewfinder
– Support for guide overlays in viewfinder
THIRD PARTY SUPPORT
– Support for Timecode Systems UltraSync BLUE
– Support for Zhiyun Smooth 4
*Device restrictions apply. See website for full details – shootmavis.com/specs
MAVIS was developed by filmmakers for filmmakers and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do :-)”
5. MoviePro – Pro Video Camera
• FEATURES •
– Record Video/Timelapse,
– Capture stills while recording,
– Record while playing background music,
– MultiCam recording**,
– Center Stage (iPad 2021 or later models)
– Portrait Effect with front camera**
– HDR mode**
– ProRes recording (iPhone 13 pro/pro max only)
– Clean video feed via HDMI/AirPlay
• Zoom Speed Control
• Upto 20x zoom (on devices with three lens)
• Tap to Focus
• Dual reticle mode (separate focus & exposure)
• Manual Focus/Exposure (ISO, Shutter Speed, Auto exposure bias, lens position)
• Focus & Exposure Pull
– MultiCam Recording:
• Select any two cameras on device, such as Front and Back, or Tele & Ultra-wide
• Select recording format (PIP, Split Screen, or Separate files)
• Quick switch cameras with 0 delay
• Manual Focus/Exposure/WB controls
– Quick Presets for Recording:
• Choose from a host of video resolutions(4K to 320×180) and aspect ratios (16:9, 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 17:9, 21:9, 2:1, 2.35:1, 2.39:1, 2:40:1, 2:75:1, 2.55:1, 2.25:1, 2.20:1, 1.896:1, 1.85:1, 1.81:1)
• Choose frame rate (240 fps to 1 fps)
• Choose Video Bitrate and Compression (from 400% to 25% of native camera app)
• Video Encoder – HEVC, H.264, ProRes422, ProRes422HQ, ProRes422Proxy, ProRes422LT
• HDR mode (Dolby Vision)
• ProRes mode (4K for 256GB models, 1080p for 128 GB model)
• Audio compression Options
• Uncompress Audio or Silent Audio Options
• Video Stabilisation modes – Standard & Cinematic
• Battery saver recording mode for low energy consumption and high FPS accuracy
• Add, delete, modify, rename presets
– White Balance Controls:
• Auto White Balance
• Lock White Balance
• Adjust Color Temperature/Tint
• White balance presets
• Lock White balance by pointing camera to white object
• External microphone support
• Bluetooth microphone option
• Supports AirPods
• Select Builtin microphone
• Mic volume control(External mics only)
• Live Audio monitoring through headphones
• Stereo recording(iPhoneXR/XS or later)
• Audio meters
– Statistics and Assistants:
• Scopes & Monitors (Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope)
• Focus peaking, Zebras, False Colors, Clipping
– Video Export Options
• Record directly in Camera Roll,
• Export to Camera Roll, YouTube, Dropbox
• Files App support
• iTunes File Sharing
– Inbuilt Video Editor
• Trim, rotate, SlowMo
• Set Aspect ratio, resolution, compression, codec (HEVC/H.264)
•.Adjust Brightness, Saturation, Contrast, Vibrance, Color Balance, Shadows
– Camera UI Settings
• Lock interface orientation
• Hide all controls with/without reticles
• Composition Guides – Thirds guide & Symmetry guides
• Countdown timer
• Clean HDMI/Airplay output (configurable in App settings)
• Gimbals (Osmo Mobile, Zhiyun,etc.)
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic lens
• 35 mm Image flip,
– Other Features
• Choose record duration
• Location tag, Copyright info in Video Metadata,
• Switch Cameras while recording,
– Remote control
• Control all features MoviePro camera from another iOS device
• Modify camera settings, trigger recording from remote
• Contact Us •
@movieproapp on Twitter
** Capabilities and features depend on device
** MultiCam requires iPhone XS/XR, iPad Pro(3rd generation), or later
** Portrait Effect can be enabled from control centre & works only with front camera on iPhone XR/XS or later”
6. ProMovie Recorder
“ProMovie Recorder is a feature-rich yet easy-to-use video camera App for your iPhone and iPad. Take control of exposure, focus, frame rate, and every other aspect of video recording right at your fingertip. Take full advantage of your device’s videography capability and create professional clips.
• 4K video recording (up to 60FPS) ¹.
• 1080p video recording (up to 240FPS) ².
• Manual camera control for exposure, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and white balance.
• High-quality video recording with up to 120Mbps bitrate.
• Switch between Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras ³.
An In-App Purchase is required to record videos without the ‘ProMovie Recorder’ watermark.
• External microphones (Lightning/3.5 mm headphone jack ⁴/Bluetooth).
• Stereo audio recording *.
• Audio monitoring through headphones and Bluetooth headphones.
• On-screen audio level indicator.
• Audio gain control *.
• Supported audio formats: 256 Kbps AAC, 16-bit PCM.
• Separate Exposure Point and Focus Point.
• Exposure compensation.
• Manual control/parameter lock for:
– Shutter Speed/ISO
– Color Temperature
• White balance presets.
• White balance calibration with gray cards.
• 2.4:1 anamorphic adapters.
• Video rotation/flip for lens accessories.
• External displays connected via Lightning-to-HDMI/VGA adapters.
• Bluetooth remote ⁵.
• Grids and cropping guides for easier composition.
• Full-screen modes.
• Level (tilt indicator).
• Both HEVC and H.264 encoding *.
• Standard and Cinematic stabilization mode.
4K @30FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
4K @60FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @30FPS: iPhone 5s and newer, iPad (5th Gen. and newer), iPad Mini (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Air (all models), iPad Pro (all models).
1080p @60FPS: iPhone 6/6 Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @120FPS: iPhone 6s/6s Plus/SE and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 9.7-in., iPad Pro 10.5-in., iPad Pro 12.9-in. (2nd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
1080p @240FPS: iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and newer, iPad Air (4th Gen.), iPad Pro 12.9-in. (3rd Gen. and newer), iPad Pro 11-in. (all models).
For iPhone and iPad models with Ultra Wide and/or Telephoto cameras.
Depending on your iPhone/iPad model and microphone connector, some of the following adapters may be required:
• TRS to TRRS adapter
• Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
• USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
Compatible devices only. Needs to be enabled in ‘Settings’ -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Start/Stop Recording’ -> ‘Use Volume Buttons’.
* For supported devices only.
Note: Use ‘iTunes’ or ‘Finder’ to copy videos to a computer.
macOS Catalina or Later:
macOS Mojave or Earlier:
Contact us: support@ProMovieApp.com”
“The screen layouts are excellent. DSLRs could learn a thing or two from the design of ProShot”
“If you can name it, chances are ProShot has it”
Welcome to ProShot, the complete solution for all of your photography and film making needs. With an intuitive and fluid UI system, the app is ready when you are, keeping all controls within reach and accessible at a moment’s notice. Enjoy a fully featured experience with Photo, Video, Light Painting, and Timelapse modes. Capture the stars with unlimited shutter speed (bulb) support. And make amazing movies with a full suite of video controls.
— CAMERA FEATURES —
• Auto, Program, Manual, and two Custom modes, just like a DSLR
• Manual, semi-manual, and automatic control
• Adjust exposure, ISO, shutter speed, flash, focus, torch intensity, and white balance
• ProRAW, RAW (DNG), HEIC, and JPEG formats
• LivePhoto support, even when shooting RAW (DNG)
• Unlimited shutter speed (bulb), with LivePhoto support for gorgeous night shots
• Portrait and Black and White modes
• 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, and 1:1 aspect ratio
• Light Painting and Time-lapse (intervalometer, video) modes, with full manual control
• Zero-lag bracket exposure up to ±3, in 1/3 stop increments
• Configurable max ISO and max shutter options
• Manual focus assist
• Front-facing camera support with full manual control
• Zoom up to 10X, with just one finger
• Camera Roll seamlessly integrated into the viewfinder
• Grid, histogram, noise reduction and many more options
• Customizaable accent color and UI layout to fit your style
— VIDEO FEATURES —
• Manual, semi-manual, and automatic control, identical to photo mode
• 4K video with extended bitrate option, up to 80Mb/s
• Adjustable frame rate from 24 FPS up to 240 FPS
• Support for H.264 and H.265 formats
• 4K Timelapse
• Industry-standard options for 180 degree rule
• Monitor audio level and video file size in real-time
• Change any camera parameter, even during video recording
• Capture full resolution still frames during video recording
• Video light with adjustable intensity
• Support for external audio playback (like Spotify) while recording
Leave the heavy DSLR at home, ProShot’s got your back.”