If you are looking for the Best Free Walking Tracker App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Free Walking Tracker App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Free Walking Tracker App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Free Walking Tracker App For iPhone
1. ActivityTracker Pedometer
“The interface is clean and clear and will help you set achievable goals for fitness”
— MacWorld – bit.ly/MacWorldTop
“The main iPhone app is pretty and makes it easy to see your key stats, and the Watch app can help motivate you”
— TechRadar – bit.ly/TechRadarTop
ActivityTracker will keep track of your steps, active calories, distance, active time, and flights of stairs climbed just by carrying your iPhone or Apple Watch around, which you already do!
Research has shown that just by being more active you will also be healthier. Not everyone wants a vigorous exercise routine so just increasing your daily activity will get you in better shape. ActivityTracker will auto-magically quantify your daily and weekly activity and motivate you to be more active for free!
• Track your all-day activity without draining your battery (no GPS) or wearing a fitness gadget!
• Track your Steps, Active Calories, Distance, Active Time, and Floors Climbed;
• [New] Set the app to monitor what’s most important for you: Steps, Calories Burned, or Distance (PRO version);
• [New] Set individual Weekly Targets for: Steps, Calories Burned, and Distance (PRO version);
• [New] In-App Events. Get engaged by participating in our new monthly challenges!
• [New] Week Overview graph in Trends, with progress for the current week
• Track your Daily, Weekly and Monthly activities in great detail;
• Track your activity hour-by-hour in the Hourly view. Details such as steps, calories, distance, active time, and floors are shown per hour;
• Long-tap on any day in the Details > Days view to see details per hour for that day;
• [New] Long-tap on any week/month in the Details > Weeks/Months views will get you to the first day of that week/month;
• Since not all days are the same, we prefer a Weekly Target but we will also show you a daily goal based on your target;
• [New] Customize the interface with one of the seven Accent Colors (from which three are free);
• Import/export feature to save your data or move it to another iPhone (PRO version);
• Week Overview to review your last week’s progress at a glance (PRO version).
Apple Watch & Health
• Awesome Apple Watch app with: today’s overview, hour-by-hour stats & last 7 days!
• Independent Watch app for watchOS 6+ with independent Settings
• Synchronize steps between your iPhone, Apple Watch and Health app (PRO version);
• Apple Watch app Complications for at a glance stats on your Watch (PRO version);
• Import your historical data from Apple Health so you can have a complete overview of your activity from day one.
• Awesome Today widget with customizable statistics and colors!
• iMessage app for easily sharing your achievements with friends;
• App badge that shows the steps taken directly on the app icon;
• Full support for iOS 13+ Dark mode. ActivityTracker is actually the first pedometer app to offer a full dark-theme since June 2015!
• Daily & Weekly notifications that can easily be disabled in Settings;
• Progress notifications for target reached and target half-reached (PRO version).
2. Map My Walk by Under Armour
“Track and map every walk with MapMyWalk. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new walking goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first long walk or a pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked walk and view the route you took on the map.
– Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
– Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to walk, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
– Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
– Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
– Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each walk.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– Let your shoes do the tracking – SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyWalk app.
– Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin and hundreds more.
– Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TAKE YOUR WALKS FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Reach your walking goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
– Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
– Keep distractions to your training to a minimum with no ads.
– Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Health permissions allow us to track your heart rate accurately, update activity rings, and save your workout data.”
3. Pacer Pedometer & Step Tracker
“Pacer is like having a walking buddy and health coach in one app. You can track all your activities in one beautifully intuitive interface. And you’ll get motivation and support from our amazing Pacer community. Pacer’s fun challenges, amazing data insights, outdoor routes, personalized fitness plans and guided workouts will help you achieve your unique fitness goals. Be active and feel great anywhere, any time!
Hear what some of our users are saying:
“Really like this highly addictive app…” ~Sparky731
“Best app I’ve ever used helping me lose a few pounds a week…” ~Gerryofkellys
“…I’m just grateful to this app for being a major catalyst to my health and fitness transformation… my husband and I have lost well over 100lbs” ~LaToya M
“…I’ve lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months by just trying to beat my walking distance daily at work. I love the daily goal. Cheaper and better than a gym membership and a 1000x’s more effective!” ~Covette92
GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY FOR FREE
-No wristband or other hardware required. Works entirely from your phone with no additional setup
TRACK ALL YOUR ACTIVITY
-Tracks your steps all day long whether your phone is in your hand, in your pocket, in your jacket, on an armband or in your purse
-Link to Apple Health to track with your Apple Watch
-Records steps, flights, calories, distance and active time
-Use GPS to track your outdoor walking, hiking, running and biking on a map
LOSE WEIGHT & GET FIT
-Track your weight and BMI over time, and correlate changes with your activity and other vitals
STAY MOTIVATED WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS
-Create walking groups with your friends and family to compare daily steps in real-time
-Connect with friends using iPhone or any other smartphones
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
-Stay motivated and on track with day-by-day Goals
-Support and motivate other users who share your goals
***Other Great Features***
-Syncs steps and calories with MyFitnessPal
-Syncs your data to Apple Health App
-Link to Apple Health to sync data from your Apple Watch
-Track your blood pressure along with activity and weight
-Create plans and set daily goals for yourself
-Based on science: track your metrics against standards provided by the World Health Organization, American Heart Association and President’s Fitness Council.
Other apps can track your walks, hikes, runs or workout sessions, but no other app can give you this level of comprehensive activity tracking and insight all on your iPhone with such a simple interface. Before you spend your money on an expensive wearable device, try Pacer first!
And remember, stay active!
***GET BETTER RESULTS WITH PACER PREMIUM***
Unlock powerful tools to help you reach your health goals.
-Scientifically designed guided workouts
-Weight loss coaching program
-Advanced data reports and insights
Subscriptions to Pacer Premium are $9.99 per month or $49.99 for a full year. Pacer Premium subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase.
You can use your iTunes account to subscribe and pay for Pacer Premium. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will renew automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the current period ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and will renew at the same cost. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that service, where applicable.
***Location Based Services ***
This app has an optional feature for more accurate tracking that makes use of iOS’s location based services.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background may dramatically decrease battery life.”
4. Walk The Distance
WalkTheDistance uses your walking/running distance (daily steps) tracked automatically in the Health app and puts that data to good use, by showing you how far you would be if you were walking the Appalachian Trail, Boston Marathon, or other featured routes in cities and national parks around the world. There are many third-party apps that will sync your walking data to the Health App, but the Health App tracks your walking automatically using the pedometer built into the iPhone, so no external tracking app/device is necessary.
The Appalachian Trail is really long. So we added checkpoints along the way to help you stay motivated. For the Appalachian trail, checkpoints are shelters where you can “stay the night”, along with some points that provide a good view. Checkpoints vary by walk, and of course you cannot unlock checkpoints until you reach them!
Walk with other users! Walk with everyone, or just walk with your friends. You can easily add friends to walk with you on your walk. Get notified when someone passes you. Stay motivated and don’t let them beat you!
This app is “activate it and leave it”. It uses virtually no power while in the background. It pulls your walking/running distance from the Health app once every hour in the background, or every time you open the app. When you reach checkpoints or get passed by friends, you will get notifications on your phone letting you know.
Free walks in each category (Appalachian Trail, Marathons, Cities, National Parks), then other walks are available for purchase for $0.99 (or equivalent local currency).
Feedback welcome! This app was built based on feedback from users. There is an “email me” link under settings. We would love to hear what routes you want added and what features you’d like to see.
**Based on Virtual Walk an app that was Named Best Walking App for 2013 in the About.com Reader’s Choice Awards
“very addictive to want to put in an extra mile…”
“alleviate the monotonous nature of dog walking…””
5. Walking for Weight Loss
“Walking for Weight Loss is a professional interval walking fitness plan specially designed for weight loss. Combining walking exercises with speed-up method, it can help you effectively burn fat and lose weight in a short time.
This walking app suits different exercise goals and workout levels. It provides 3 difficulty levels of walking exercises. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, you can find workouts that are suitable for you.
This walking app supports both outdoor walking exercises and indoor treadmill workouts. Just put on your headphones, and the audio will guide you through each exercise.
Now, let’s get started!
Professional Workout Plan
– 3-month training plan, 3-7 workout days per week
– 3 different workout levels (easy, medium, hard), its suitable for both beginners and pros
– The exercise intensity increases step by step
– Audio guides help you through every workout
– Suitable for both outdoor walking and indoor treadmill workouts
Detailed Workout Tracking
– GPS map tracks your walking route
– Records training progress automatically
– The chart tracks your weight trend
– Customize your workout reminders
– Manually edit your treadmill workouts data
– Tracks calorie, distance, time and pace
– Sync data to Apple Health
Powerful Music Playing Function
– Supports all kinds of music apps
– Play your favorite songs from your own playlists
– Allows you to switch songs during exercises
– Encouraging voice and favorite music keeps you motivated
– Provides plenty of TIPS about fat burning, weight loss, and balanced diet
– Share your achievements and walking routes with friends through social network
●Continuous GPS tracking in the background can dramatically consume your battery.
●Please consult your physician or doctor before starting any fitness program.
Walking and speed-up techniques in the Walking for Weight Loss App help you lose fat and get in shape in a short period of time. Keep walking and stay healthy with this activity tracker app!
The best calorie counter, distance tracker, interval training timer, and activity tracker apps help you burn calories, lose fat and improve health.
Weight Loss Apps
Looking for weight loss apps and map tracker? No satisfied walk tracker app and map tracker? Don’t worry, here is the best fitness walk tracker – map tracker you can find to help you lose weight, keep fitness. This walk tracker not only can count steps, keep fitness, but also a good weight loss apps.
Walking App & Walking Tracker
The best walking app & walking tracker ever! It’s not only a walking app & walking tracker, but also a walk planner. Try this walk planner, get in better shape and keep fit with walk planner.
Subscription Terms and Details
– Get unlimited access to all features for USD $6.99/month, USD $29.9/year.
– The payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
– The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
– Subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
– The account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
6. Walkmeter Walking & Hiking GPS
“Walkmeter is the most advanced application for walkers and hikers. Built for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more.
• Obsessively complete — Wired
• Records a wealth of data — Macworld
• Clean, easy-to-use — New York Times
Experience core features and dependability for free, then upgrade to Elite to add advanced features.
Powered by your iPhone
• Tracks cycling, running, walking, hiking, skiing, kayaking, and more.
• Swipe across the stopwatch to see pages of stats, maps, and graphs – completely configurable.
• Analyze your workouts on your iPad, updated with your latest data using iCloud.
Private & Secure
• Your workout data is securely stored on your iPhone — years of workouts only take up the space of a few songs.
• No user names or passwords are required.
• Share workout data if you wish using email, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Twitter.
• Live tracking is optional and only with friends you invite.
• Optional iCloud backup is encrypted.
• Track heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors.
• Track step cadence and steps.
• Use your iPhone’s barometric altimeter to measure ascent & descent.
• Detect stops automatically.
• View terrain and traffic maps with Google Maps.
• Automatically record temperature and weather.
• Use Siri to start, stop, lap, and ask for statistics.
• Select from more than hundreds of configurable announcements including distance, time, speed, elevation, and heart rate.
• Hear stats on-demand, or at time and distance intervals.
Free Live-Tracking and Messaging
• Automatically share your location, path, and statistics with family and friends.
• Messages are automatically spoken to you with text-to-speech.
• Share an online Workout Explorer for analyzing workouts.
• Share by email, Twitter, Strava, or MyFitnessPal.
• Use HealthKit to export or import your workouts in the Health app and to read heart rate and biometric data.
• Share to your iPhone calendar and your online calendars.
• Imports and exports GPX, TCX, FIT, KML, and CSV.
• Analyze your split, interval, and zone performance.
• Keep on track with configurable interval training, zones, and targets.
• Compete against your previous workouts along a route.
• Includes 5K, 10, half, and marathon running plans.
• Design your own training plans.
• Start, stop, lap and finish a workout all from the Apple Watch.
• Includes beautiful gauge pages with zones.
Elite includes a 7-day free trial. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account after confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable.
7. Weight Loss Walking by Slimkit
“#1 Walking app to lose weight.
Now your walking will make you lose weight. Reach top results in less time by combining walking and speed-up technique. It has no equals on the App Store!
– a peerless walking app program of interval training designed specially for weight loss;
– ready-to-use 3-month training plan that includes 5-7 workout days a week;
– 3 program options for various levels: ideal both for those who are not on friendly terms with fitness and for those who are in good shape and fond of walking;
– suitable for out- and indoor workouts.
EASY WORKOUT MODE
– GPS to build your walking map;
– audio instructions to each training;
– detailed statistics;
– easy access to music, audiobooks and podcasts right from the app;
– manual editing of workouts.
– dozens of tips on walking, healthy nutrition and lifestyle;
– synchronization with Apple Health app;
– integration with Runkeeper, Fitbit, MapMyRun;
– share your achievements, walking stats and even your walking map with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
– make every step count!
Your monthly subscription is $9.99 per month, a half-year subscription is $41.99 per 6 months, while the lifetime subscription is $59.99 (price may vary by location).
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Note: Continued use of GPS walking in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app is developed for informational purposes only. You must always consult your physician or doctor before starting any fitness program.