If you are looking for the Best Free Wallpaper App For Android 2020 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Free Wallpaper App For Android 2020 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Free Wallpaper App For Android 2020, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Free Wallpaper App For Android 2020
1. Abstruct – Wallpapers in 4K
“Featured by Mrwhosetheboss, Android Authority, Beebom, Android Police, Android Central, HowToMen, Android Headlines, XDA Developers, True-tech & more <3 Abstruct is the official wallpaper app made by award-winning OnePlus wallpaper artist Hampus Olsson. Get over 350 exclusive 4K wallpapers only available through this app! Tap that Install button and give your device some sweet fairy dust! Why Choose Abstruct? • All wallpapers are available in 4K resolution, this app is future proof! Don’t worry, we automatically serve you the right size for your device to save on your data expenses. • Automatically change your wallpaper with a chosen interval, from the collections you like the most with the new SHIFT feature! • Get all the official OnePlus wallpapers made by Hampus Olsson from OnePlus 2 to the latest Nord devices all in one place, as soon as it gets announced! Available right now: OnePlus Nord 2 5G, Nord 1, Nord CE, N100, N10, TV U & Y series, 8, 7T Pro McLaren, OnePlus TV, 7T, 7 Series, 6T, 6, 5T, 5, 3T Midnight Black Edition, 3T, 3, X & 2. • Get all the official Paranoid Android wallpapers made by Hampus Olsson directly in the app. • 8 Categories & more coming! Blend, OnePlus, PA, Craft, Vibrance, Peak, Void & Poly with its own unique look to personalize both your Home & Lock Screen. • Easily find new wallpapers available for you in the app, with optional notifications. • Give your awesome machinery some love with wallpapers in different styles ranging from a minimalistic vibrant look to an abstract dreamscape! • All the wallpapers are made by award-winning OnePlus artist Hampus Olsson. This is the app where all his wallpapers end up first for you to use on your own devices. • The app features a sweet modern design with features like saving your favorite wallpapers in one place to make it easy to change between your favorite wallpapers. • All wallpapers are uploaded remotely, no need for unnecessary app updates. Abstruct will keep receiving new wallpapers as soon as Hampus makes new ones! The name Abstruct was imagined from two words: Abstract and Destruct, to symbolize the wallpaper style featured in the app. A message from Hampus:
I’m incredibly happy for all the great support I’ve gotten from you, my fans. I will use this app as the central base for all my future wallpaper creations, so keep checking the app from time to time for new wallpapers! 🙂
Thank you so much for all your love and support throughout the years! If you got time, please help me out by leaving a review and spreading the word of Abstruct to your friends. Lots of love <3"
“Tapet ® (An old word for “Wallpaper”) is a first of its kind app that automatically generates high-quality backgrounds.
You can either select a random wallpaper or let the app generate one for you hourly or daily.
* Free Trials!!!
* Patterns Manager
* Color Picker
* App shortcuts
* History of applied, liked and more
* Muzei support
* Wallpapers are created according to your device’s screen resolution – making them the highest possible quality.
* No images are being downloaded from the internet. Everything is rapidly generated in your device.
* Images fit your screen perfectly and even create a beautiful parallax effect, making the wallpaper even more pleasant.
* New exciting patterns added in every version!
* You can set the app to surprise you with a new wallpaper hourly or daily. You will most likely never see the same wallpaper twice.”
3. ZEDGE™ Wallpapers & Ringtones
“ZEDGE™ gives you the best background wallpapers and cool ringtones for free!
Personalize your phone with a HD wallpaper, live wallpaper, alarm sound or ringtone with ease. ZEDGE™ offers an extensive catalog with millions of free backgrounds, live wallpapers, stickers, ringtones, alarm sounds & notification sounds for your Android phone. Search for Anything – It’s on ZEDGE™
Join the over 350 million people who already installed this highly popular personalization app.
• No need to look for more wallpaper apps. An endless selection of free backgrounds supporting the most common screen sizes.
• Supports full HD wallpaper and 4K wallpaper to use as backgrounds.
• Fancy a black phone wallpaper, or maybe a girly wallpaper? You’ve got it!
• Option to apply lock screen wallpapers, home screen wallpapers, or both at the same time.
• Option to auto select a new background that rotates at selected intervals.
• Customize your background with cool filters and stickers.
• Imagine having cool video effects as background on your home screen. You’ve got it!
• Our live wallpapers don’t drain your battery – only plays once when turning on your home screen.
• No need to install additional new live wallpapers – it’s embedded in the app.
• Extensive catalog of quality live wallpapers for all tastes.
No need to look for more ringtone apps. An endless selection of free ringtones including music, effects and funny tones. Probably the largest selection of free ringtones in the world.
• Option to set individual contact ringtones, alarm sounds and default ringtone. Apply a cool ringtone for your mum or sister.
Alarm & Notification sounds
• Massive selection of notification sounds, alert tones and funny tones.
• Option to set an alert and alarm sound.
Favorite and Save
• Add a sound or wall paper to favorites without downloading.
• Access your ringtones and backgrounds across all your devices with one simple login.
• Receive notifications on limited edition holiday wallpapers and ringtones for occasions and holidays like Valentines Day, Fathers day, Mothers Day, New Years, Halloween and Christmas plus cool customizations for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and more.
App permission notice
• Contacts: Optional if you want to set individual ringtones to contacts in your address book.
• Photos/Media/Files: Needed to allow you to save and use a custom wallpaper, ringtone or notification sound.
• Storage: Needed to display or use the currently set background, ringtone or notification sound.
• System settings: Optional if you want to apply a ringtone as the default phone ringtone.
• Location: Optional if you want personalized recommendations based on your location.
We do not import or use any personal information or files in your media library, storage or contact list.
We love ringtones, we love wallpapers – and we love diversity!
TATTOO YOUR PHONE”
4. Hidey Hole (Wallpapers for Galaxy S10 series)
It will crash (wont-fix) on any other device!
I have no hand in the wallpapers themselves, those are made/posted by users in the /r/S10wallpapers sub on Reddit.
This app has a Reddit thread as well.
The wallpapers are synced from the /r/S10wallpapers sub every hour, and from Galaxy S10 Wallpapers every six hours.
Of course downloading wallpapers manually and setting them as wallpaper is easy, and do you really need yet another wallpaper app? But I personally also like to slightly adjust them. For example, I usually turn down the brightness a bit to make text on the home-/lockscreen better readable, so that feature is in the app. Other adjustments include contrast, blackpoint, and saturation.
The hole thing with these devices intrigues me as well. So I wanted to know if I could determine in code where they were, and auto-realign/scale images made for one model to another. While the cameras are close to each-other, they don’t overlap exactly, and this discrepancy shows when using an image made for one device on another (out of sync hole). Works pretty well on S10/S10E, leaves something to be desired on the S10+.
The algorithm is generic so support for more devices should be easy to add. (This idea is really what led me to build this, might as well release it now I’ve satisfied my curiosity).
As an example of the above, the height of the cutout on the S10+ is a little bit less than that of the S10. When using an S10+ image on the S10, you still get a curve of missing pixels below the cutout. This realign/scale feature slightly zooms and offsets the image, so the holes align.
– Browse holey images
– Set homescreen / lockscreen / both wallpapers
– Image adjustments: brightness, contrast, blackpoint, saturation
– Image scaling: align the image’s hole to your current device
– Sorting by new or popular
– Device filtering
– Category filtering
– Download wallpapers
The scraper takes all images from the sub that have a dedicated post that directly links to it. Only reddit and imgur links are currently supported. Minimum width is 640 pixels, and the aspect ratio has to be just right.
I might add scraping the comments at some point, but this is not currently done.
The category a wallpaper ends up in is decided by the flair of the post.
A lot of recent images include the phone’s frame. While those work fine on the exact device they were meant for, they do not rescale well to other devices. (And IMHO it doesn’t look good, but that’s just my opinion you are free to completely ignore).
This app is free, without in-app purchases, without ads, without tracking (other than popularity of wallpapers), but *with* GPLv3 sauce. The backend has sauce too!
Either leave a review on Play that I probably won’t read, comment in the Reddit thread, or submit to the GitHub issue tracker
Holey wallpapers don’t play nice with the motion effect. The app does not have sufficient rights to adjust this setting. To disable it, in your home screen, first apply one of Samsung’s wallpapers, which allows you to deselect Motion effect. Then go back to using Hidey Hole.
It can be done through adb shell with settings put system wallpaper_tilt_status 0.”
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
“Make the most of your display with beautiful wallpapers and advanced features. Choose one of your own photos, an image from the Google Earth collection, a scenic landscape from Google+, and more. Change it as often as you like, so your phone always represents your style.
• Enjoy a collection that keeps on growing. Access images from Google Earth, Google+, and other partners.
• Double your fun. Show the world one wallpaper on your lock screen, and keep one for yourself on your home screen. (Requires Android™ 7.0, Nougat, and above.)
• Start each day fresh. Pick your favorite category and you’ll get a new wallpaper image each day.
Photos/Media/Files: Needed to allow you to use custom photos as wallpaper.
Storage: Needed to display the currently set wallpaper and to allow you to use custom photos as wallpaper.”