If you are looking for the Best Free Wifi App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Free Wifi App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Free Wifi App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Free Wifi App For iPhone
1. Free WiFi
“WiFi on your iPhone or laptop, anywhere, anytime. Makayama has teamed up with Hotspotr.com and Free-hotspot.com to provide you with data around the world. In the US and Europe, there’s a hotspot on almost every streetcorner. This app helps you find them quickly, using the built-in GPS of the iPhone.
The software leads you to the nearest of 100,000 wireless hotspots, in 15,000 cities and 132 countries, with the touch of a button. It’s WiFi for Dummies. Get your mail and browse the web without being charged. The ideal WiFi-tool for frequent travellers and mobile professionals.
The app shows you the nearest free hotspot address, provides directions on Google Maps, and shows additional information, such as the hotspot provider, phone number and website. You can browse the full database manually by country and city, or choose to automatically show results based on your location.
The application doesn’t depend on WLAN scanning, which would limit the range to only 25 yards, but uses GPS to pinpoint all known hotspots up to 10 miles away. All the wireless accesspoints are locally stored on your iPhone, and GPS usage is also offline available, so no expensive data roaming is needed. When abroad, you save hundreds of dollars in roaming cost, because you will always find a broadband data connection for your laptop and iPhone.
This app will let you get your mail or surf the web as quickly as possible. Just run it and it’ll connect you for to the internet. It doesn’t get easier than this.
Please note: Does NOT work on iPod Touch because it has no GPS.”
2. Instabridge – WiFi Passwords
It’s easy as pie: download Instabridge >> you’re done!
With 3 million secure, up-to-date free WiFi spots, Instabridge is the simplest way to surf the Internet for free. Instabridge knows which WiFis work and keeps you off those that don’t. No setup required. It just works.
Just install the app and discover all the WiFi hotspots around you that have already been shared by the awesome community.
• Get WiFi connections in in all large cities – it’s free!
• Unlimited data at no cost
• Simple – Connect once, and Instabridge will reconnect you automatically
• Download lists of WiFi hotspots for your destination (for use in offline mode)
“Instabridge is an elegant solution” -Lifehacker
“A simple interface allows friends to get access without having to type in a convoluted string of numbers and letters from a scrap of paper.” -The Economist
“Instabridge is a Swedish company that’s invented something so simple, and so awesome, that you’ve got to wonder what took this industry so long!”
Note: Instabridge is not for wifi tethering nor is it a wifi hacker tool and cannot be used for wifi hacking in any way. Instabridge syncs passwords between your own devices and to people you have chosen to trust.
A note on battery — We have done our best to make Instabridge power efficient when background notifications about nearby Wi-Fi hotspots are turned on. But, as with all apps of this type, please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Report WiFi: https://instabridge.com/report-wifi/
Questions or improvement suggestions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before leaving your review and rating.”
3. WiFi Connect – Internet Access
You can find Internet and hotspots in each continent, country and city, USA, Europe, South America, and Asia. We cover all world with hotspots for internet access.
Type the address and find the Wi-Fi in cafe, restaurant, airports or any other places. Enjoy browsing, chatting or video on the internet. We provide passwords and credentials if the network is protected.
● WiFi hotspots and passwords
● Save money on roaming, 3G, and LTE
● Over 50,000 cities worldwide
● Find your Wi-Fi hotspots nearby
● Get unlimited access to the Internet
● Save places for future use
● Working offline
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
– map with real Wi-Fi hotspots
– search by address, city, country, place name
– stores Wi-Fi password and credentials
– search nearby hotspots
– add new hotspots
– edit current hotspots
– offline work
– New York
– Los Angeles
– Las Vegas
and many other cities.
– United Kingdom
and many other.
4. WiFi Finder + Map
“Find Fast WiFi wherever you go with the SpeedSpot WiFi Finder with Offline Maps. The Offline functionality makes it possible to download places that you are traveling to, so you can find Fast WiFi anywhere. The WiFi Finder is getting its data directly from SpeedSpots crowdsourced database of hundreds of thousands of WiFi Hotspots around the world. It is the only database that shows you WiFi rated by Hotspot Speed.
– Look for WiFi Hotspots in you vicinity
– Find Fast WiFi anywhere in the World
– Download Maps for Offline use while traveling (No internet connection needed)
– Filter by venue type: Hotel, Cafe, Restaurant, Bar, Store, etc.
– Works online as well as offline
Offline Maps is available for 3 months for $4.49 or $7.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
The subscription automatically renews if it is not cancelled within 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for the next subscription period up to 24 hours prior to the current subscription expiring. It is not possible to cancel an existing in-app subscription. You can disable the automatic renewal function at any time by adjusting your account settings.
WiFi Finder General Terms & Conditions: https://www.speedcheck.org/terms/”
5. “WiFi Map: Internet, eSIM, VPN”
#1 App for Travellers in 50+ countries
WiFi Map and Passwords
Always find a free WiFi hotspot around. WiFi Map will navigate you to the nearest shared hotspots, show passwords, and let you connect to the internet in a few taps.
• millions of shared WiFi hotspots
• offline regions to find WiFi without the internet
• detailed map with hotspots and POIs
• guided navigation to public WiFi
• speed testing capabilities
eSIM Data Plans
Get eSIM for compatible devices and stay online even without WiFi nearby. Select from various data plans designed specifically for different destinations. Take the internet to go wherever you’re going.
• 8+ data plans to choose from
• 1GB of data for 30 days
• works worldwide
• no paperwork needed
• activation in a few taps
Secure your internet connection when using public hotspots. Select from dozens of VPN servers and enjoy fast, secure, and reliable internet access to your favourite services.
Meet small but useful widgets that contain all the information you may need while traveling. Find actual rates, calculate tips, keep an eye on the weather, and time from a single app.
• currency rates converter
• world clock
• tips calculator
• local weather
• and more
WiFi Map offers a subscription plan that gives you more functionality including downloadable offline regions, fast and secure VPN, and completely disabled ads.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• An account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable”
6. Xfinity WiFi Hotspots
“Xfinity WiFi Hotspots are the largest, fastest on-the-go WiFi network in the nation, so there is always a hotspot where you need it most. Xfinity WiFi Hotspots are included with your Xfinity Internet service for no additional charge. Stream what you love around town, all while saving on your mobile data plan.
Now, the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app will notify you to install the latest security profile when it’s available to improve your safety and privacy while using Xfinity WiFi hotspots around town.
• Stay connected at millions of hotspots nationwide
• Automatically create an Xfinity passpoint profile
• Automatically create Xfinity 802.1x profiles to connect to secure hotspots where available
• Helps iOS automatically connect to Xfinity WiFi hotspots, including secure hotspots where available
• Easily locate all near by Xfinity WiFi hotspots with the “Near Me” function
• View maps and lists of hotspots, with walking and driving directions
• Create and save your favorite hotspots for easy reference later
• View the business name of hotspot locations and filter by business category
• Download hotspot locations for offline use
• A WiFi enabled device running iOS 12.0 and up
• Xfinity Internet service (Performance tier and above)
• Xfinity ID
Xfinity Internet customers:
Look up your existing Xfinity ID (email, mobile phone, or username): xfinity.com/id
Reset your Xfinity password: xfinity.com/password
Comcast Business Internet customers:
Don’t know your username? https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/bc/lookup
Forgot your password? https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/bc/reset
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life. The Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app is optimized to stop GPS use automatically when you are stationary. To disable GPS in the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app: On your device go to iOS Settings / Hotspots/ Location and select ‘While Using the App’. Some functionality in the app may no longer be available.
Learn more about ‘Do Not Sell My Personal Information’ options at https://www.xfinity.com/privacy/manage-preference”