If you are looking for the Best Gis App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Gis App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Gis App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Gis App For iPhone
1. ArcGIS Explorer
“ArcGIS is available on your desktop, in a browser, and now on your iPhone or iPad. Access your maps from your mobile device 24/7. Wherever you go, take searchable maps that include markup and measurement tools to easily find your way and to communicate with others about landmarks, assets, and areas of interest.
– Use your maps when you need them, online or offline
– Search for places and features in your map
– View information about your assets
– Mark up the map for your own use or to share with others
– Get directed to your hard-to-see assets with the compass”
True GIS functionality is now available on the iPhone! Your iPhone. Your data. Your maps.
iGIS represents a new era in mobile GIS solutions by enabling users to load, view, investigate, create and export their own data over a background of map service imagery.
Importing data is easy with our unique data import facility using the USB cable or wirelessly on your Mac, PC and Linux. Raster data in many formats (pre-processing required) and ESRI Shapefiles (.shp) are supported at the moment.
Your spatial data is stored on the iPhone, so there’s no need for an Internet connection to see your data – great for field work. We also support over 3000 projections, so no need for re-projection.
We include support for multiple layers of points, lines, and polygons – all styled as you like. Imagery layers too in V5.
Add comments to your maps – A point layer is added with a name and description field.
Add and edit your own layers, via the map display and customisable data entry forms.
Export your layers to ESRI shapefiles for use back in your enterprise.
Other features include:
– Great speed, using our multi-threaded map renderer.
– Support for large datasets.
– Import and export of ESRI Shapefiles.
– Display current GPS location in your chosen projection ( + compass)
– Zoom to current location
– Zoom to data extent
– Map Pan, zoom in, zoom out
– Changeable drawing styles for a layer: size, color, transparency
– Set the draw order and visibility of map layers
– Set the zoom scale for layers via a simple slider
– Select and interrogate feature attributes via point and click
This application is designed for GIS professionals and an understanding of some basic GIS concepts such as layers, shapefiles, projections etc, would make using iGIS simpler. Please let us know if concepts in iGIS are unclear.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
3. Map Plus
● You can use Map Plus as a professional GIS tool for geographic data gathering, editing, measuring, cartography, surveying, planning, online/offline viewing and many other management.
● You can also use Map Plus to help your outdoor activities and global travels, for trip planning, offline map downloading, track/photo/video recording, or sharing memories with friends.
Besides common map features such as locating, searching, Map Plus has many more special:
● Supports importing offline map files such as MBTiles.
● Supports both EPSG:4326 and Web Mercator (EPSG:3857) for raster maps; Supports offset maps using China GCJ-02 datum.
● Importing and exporting KML/KMZ files with full styles, extended data and “gx” extension support.
● Importing and exporting GIS vector files, such as SHP, TAB, GEOJSON, GML/GZ with all EPSG projections/CRS. (using GDAL)
● Importing/Exporting AutoCAD DXF files with blocks, mtext, xdata and affine transformation support for coordinates mapping.
● Importing files of CSV, GDB, MPS, WPT, EVT, PLT, PNT, RTE, etc.
● On-map Editing with Drag-Drop and Magnetic Snap support for all places, tracks, lines, polygons, circles, rectangles, text overlays, etc.
● GPS Track Recording with auto-recovery, custom time zone and background mode support.
● Path Following with voice guidance for own lines/tracks or searched out direction routes.
● Displaying photos and videos on the map based on locations.
● Managing mass data with multi-level folders, layers, bulk operations, shortcuts, tags and fuzzy searches. Advanced Search supports expressions and property conditions.
● Using Feature Class for bulk editing and managing on similar (same kind) features and layers all together. Supports bulk Attributes Merge and Link Relationship Building between features of different classes.
● Conditional Style, Script Property and Expression provide dynamic content of rendering, attributes and text labels.
● Customizable pop-up panel for selecting items on the map with HTML, JS and CSS support to make your own forms, layout and rich-formatted content.
● Displaying coordinates in MGRS or UTM.
● Photo Markup enables you to add arrows, texts, shapes, icons and free-hand draws to a photo.
● Browser Access enables you to upload and view data from a web browser on PC/Mac within a Wi-Fi network, or play slideshow on your TV for travel photos.
● Sharing or transferring data via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, iCloud, SMS, Email, QR codes, Open-In, AirDrop or many other ways.
● Backup & Restore function helps you backup/restore data to/from files or iCloud easily.
● Many more fantastic and free functions could not be fully listed here, such as Guide Mark, Arrival Notification, Photo Mode, Map Level Adjust, Custom Icons, Photo/Video Attachments, Image Overlay, Text Overlay, Fast Editing, Distance/Perimeter/Area Measuring, Custom Time Zone, etc.