If you are looking for the Best Gps Fix App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Gps Fix App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Gps Fix App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Gps Fix App For Android
1. GPS Status & Toolbox
GPS Status & Toolbox is the answer to all your needs.
Displays all the GPS and sensor data you ever were curious about: position and signal strength of satellites, accuracy, speed, acceleration, altitude, bearing, pitch, roll and battery state.
Tools provided: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, waypoints: mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar (especially useful for geocaching, or quickly marking your actual position).
Speed up your GPS location finding: clear or update assistance data (AGPS) regularly for faster fixes.
– show/store/edit/export unlimited waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
– pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values on the status screen (if supported by the device)
– picture in picture mode
– background AGPS downloading
– removed ads
User Guide at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus/faq”
2. GPS Test
“With this app, you can check the GPS reception in your area and update AGPS data for faster fix times, whilst being able to view other GPS and sensor data. The app acts as a one-stop place for viewing: your altitude, accurate UTC plus local time, your compass heading, the moon phase and daylight hours. It supports GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, SBAS, BEIDOU and QZSS satellites. The app has various different colour schemes which can be changed according to your tastes, including a night mode. The colour schemes can also be used to match other instrumentation alongside the app.
GPS Test has six different screens:
•GPS signal (SNR) bar chart, showing the signal strength for each satellite, as well as the accuracy and status of the GNSS network
•Satellite positions in the sky (sky view) shown on a rotating compass
•Your current location on the earth shown as text and on a world map. The current position of the sun and the day/night transition curve is also shown
•Your current speed, heading and altitude are shown as text
•The current time read from the GPS and the local time in your current time zone, as well as the sunrise and sunset times at your location
Coordinate Grids supported by GPS Test:
OSGB, UTM, MGRS, USNG, CH1903, Maidenhead
Datums supported by GPS Test:
WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, ED50, AGD66, AGD84, SAD69 plus more
The app is compatible with all screen resolutions from phones to large tablets
If you like this app, check out GPS Test Plus, the enhanced features include:
* Simple Navigation.
* Location Sharing (email, SMS, Twitter etc.)
* Dials (Altimeter, Speedo and Compass)
* 7 segment LED font
* Dot Matrix font
Alternatively, this free app contains in-app purchases to upgrade its current features when you need that little bit extra
Check us out on all of our platforms to find out more and keep up to date:
* Internet permissions are only required for analytics and advertising, the app will work without a WIFI or data connection.”
3. GPS Reset COM – GPS Repair
Has your GPS stopped working? Does it take forever to get a GPS signal on your device? Is your navigation app not responding or is it not as accurate as it used to be?
GPS Reset Com is the perfect GPS troubleshooting and GPS repair tool that will help solve many GPS and navigation problems and allow your device to get a faster GPS fix.
This app also offers GPS repair if your device’s GPS was corrupted by GPS spoofing apps that use Mock Location.
Our GPS Locker is a free bonus feature that will keep you GPS on even when the screen is off. Keeping your GPS active consumes battery but will allow you to reopen any GPS app without losing your fix.
There are many factors that determine the amount of time it takes for your GPS to determine your position, but a persistently slow or non-responsive GPS may be suffering from outdated assistance data (A-GPS DATA). Outdated A-GPS DATA can make it difficult for your GPS to determine your location resulting in long delays for a GPS lock. By resetting your device’s A-GPS DATA , this app will speed up the time to a first fix. GPS repair may be permanent, though depending on your travel patterns, periodic resetting may be required to optimize performance.
In addition to resetting your device’s GPS, you can understand and diagnose specific GPS performance concerns by obtaining the GPS status on the following parameters:
⊕ Time to first location fix, and number of satellites used
⊕ Satellite signal strength and the positions of the GPS satellites- displayed in easy-to-understand animated charts
⊕ Raw NMEA sentence data generated by your GPS chip
⊕ Latitude, longitude, altitude above WGS84 ellipsoid, GPS speed and accuracy of the GPS lock.
⊕ Satellite time (The atomic clocks on the GPS satellites are among the most accurate ever made).
Navigation Module Components
1. Several map layers including
•USGS Topo Maps
•Google Map layers
•Hiking and Biking layer
2. Point to point navigation.
3. Real time map location tracking.
4. Map tools including compasses and an assortment of measurement tools for determining distance and direction to any of your waypoints or map locations.
5. All maps can be navigated in heading up or north up always mode.
6. Offline GoTo Waypoint feature for point to point navigation across the shortest distance.
7. Waypoint / Location Management including several location creation tools (enter coordinates, drop a map pin, search an address).
8. Sunrise and sunset reporting.
7. Link the locations you create to the power of Google’s Driving Directions service and get accurate turn-by-turn driving directions.
and much more…
* In order to access the GPS chip on your device, the application will request access to your location. Location information is used for the core functions of navigation, GPS diagnostics, GPS repair and GPS locking. If the app is not purchased, location information may also be used to provide meaningful advertising content from our ad partners.
An essential GPS calibration and navigation tool for all GPS and navigation aficionados!”
4. GPS Server Optimizer & Fix
This App will optimize the GPS server location access and re-calibrate the compass and reset the location configuration, so if you have problem like GPS take long to locate your position or you get the wrong direction, this App might help you to fix it.
Note: this App is designed for rooted device to change GPS server, it will try only to fix the software configuration side, if you have hardware issue, you need a hardware repair !”
“No ads, and no trackers – GPSTest displays real-time information for GNSS and SBAS satellites in view of your device. A vital open-source testing tool for platform engineers, developers, and power users, GPSTest can also assist in understanding why your GPS/GNSS isn’t working.
Supports dual-frequency* GNSS for:
• GPS (USA Navstar) (L1, L2, L3, L4, L5)
• Galileo (European Union) (E1, E5, E5a, E5b, E6)
• GLONASS (Russia) (L1, L2, L3, L5)
• QZSS (Japan) (L1, L2, L5, L6)
• BeiDou/COMPASS (China) (B1, B1-2, B2, B2a, B3)
• IRNSS/NavIC (India) (L5, S)
• Various satellite-based augmentation systems SBAS (e.g., GAGAN, Anik F1, Galaxy 15, Inmarsat 3-F2, Inmarsat 4-F3, SES-5) (L1, L5)
*Dual-frequency GNSS requires device hardware support and Android 8.0 Oreo or higher. More at https://medium.com/@sjbarbeau/dual-frequency-gnss-on-android-devices-152b8826e1c.
The “Accuracy” feature lets you measure the error in your device’s position against your *actual* location (entered by you). Other apps show you the *estimated* accuracy, which is generated by your device. GPSTest lets you to compare this estimated accuracy to *actual* accuracy!
• Inject Time Data – Injects Time assistance data for GPS into the platform, using information from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server
• Inject PSDS Data – Injects Predicted Satellite Data Service (PSDS) assistance data for GNSS into the platform, using information from a PSDS server. Note that some devices don’t use PSDS for assistance data – if this is your device, you’ll see a message saying “Platform does not support injecting PSDS data”. PSDS is the generic term for products like [XTRA assistance data](http://goo.gl/3RjWX).
• Clear Assist Data – Clears all assistance data used for GNSS, including NTP and XTRA data (Note: if you select this option to fix broken GNSS on your device, for GPS to work again you may need to ‘Inject Time’ and ‘Inject PSDS’ data. You may also see a large delay until your device acquires a fix again, so please use this feature with caution.)
• Settings – Switch between light and dark themes, change map tile type, auto-start GPS on startup, minimum time and distance between GPS updates, keep screen on.
Open-source on Github:
GPSTest discussion forum:
Nostalgic for old releases? Don’t have Google Play Services on your device? Download old versions here:
If you want to see the map on the Map tab, you’ll need to install Google Play Services.
Also available on F-Droid:
6. GPS Keeper Lite / Keep GPS Fix
The application is very useful when you are using any application that uses GPS, such as Google Maps, Geocaching, …
For some phones, the app even makes the GPS refresh faster so you are getting better location informations and better accuracy. Please keep in mind that this happens only on some phones!
Of course, when you are using this app, GPS is constantly connected so the battery might get depleted faster.
Application requires some permissions. Let me explain why:
♦ Fine GPS location: Well, you want it to access GPS, right? 🙂
♦ Full internet access and Network state: For Google AdMob
♦ Modify system settings: To get background image of the phone. I do understand that this is not logical and I agree, but the app crashes without this permission on some phones 🙁
This application might not work with all the phones, as some of the manufacturers modify the Android in a way that disables the application to function properly. That kind of behaviour has been noticed on, but not limited to, some Alcatel phones.
In case of bugs:
Every application sooner or later has a bug. If you find one, please inform me so I can solve the issue. You can also contact me if you have suggestion for improving the app. I will gladly listen to your suggestions!
If you want to post negative comments, PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can solve the issue(or add a feature). Please do not use comments to report issues or ask questions as I will most probably notice them way slower than if you send me an email.
If you want to help me by translating the app to other language, please contact me!
Please keep in mind that application is provided “AS-IS”. It should not be relied on to and I shall not be responsible for any problem/expense/life threatening situation it could cause.
Since I got some similar requests, let me outline the answer here: I strongly support user privacy in all my apps and I oppose to any kind of control over the users, regardless if they are friends or employees. I am not interested in implementing any kind of stealth mechanisms in the app, like hiding of app icon or remote control!!
Special Thanks to:
Roli Schiller for translating the app to Hungarian
Miguel Alonso for translating the app to Spanish”