If you are looking for the Best Graphic Design iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Graphic Design iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Graphic Design iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Graphic Design iPhone App
1. “Canva: Design, Photo & Video”
Whether you need an Instagram story, logo, or birthday invitation, create all these and more on Canva. Available on your iPhone, iPad, and computer so you can jump back into your design anytime, anywhere.
HOW TO USE CANVA
1. Start from scratch or a ready-to-use design
Create a design with our blank canvas, or save time when you use any of our 60,000 FREE templates created by professional designers.
2. Add text on photos
Easily add quotes or multiple text to photos. Change the font (we’ve got 700+ options!), size, color, spacing, and position.
3. Use the perfect image
Upload pictures from your device gallery, or pick from our library of premium photos & illustrations.
4. Edit pictures like a pro
Use our free photo editor to apply filters, change up the brightness, add vignette, and more.
5. Show it off to the world
Share your designs directly to Instagram, WhatsApp, email—or simply save to your device.
*NEW* YOUR ALL-IN-ONE PHOTO EDITOR
• Take control of your images’ look and feel. Get professional results in minutes
• Remix photos with easy-to-use tools, simple slider adjustments and more
• You’ll love our aesthetic filters, one tap auto enhance and auto focus
• Apply arty effects, touch up your face and preview your designs on t-shirts and more.
• Do it all from the one place – Edit, and share photos all in Canva. No need to switch apps
EDIT VIDEOS ON MOBILE? WITH CANVA YOU CAN
• Edit with ease, splice, trim and cut – it’s effortless even on mobile
• Add transitions, effects and music. From our free library or use your own.
• Go from shooting to sharing seamlessly. Share directly to Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and more
USE CANVA FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
• Instagram Story Editor, and Story highlights maker
• Create Facebook Posts & Facebook Covers
• Make cards, invitations, photo collages and even use Canva as a main creator for any social media use
USE CANVA FOR EVERYTHING
• Create a logo, book cover, blog design for any project
• For any event: birthday card maker, wedding invitation maker, evite creator
• Simple and free image editing app
• Photo collage maker, flier maker, banner maker for any occasion
• For business: brochure, resume, presentation, promo poster maker
CREATE DESIGNS QUICKLY
Use Search to find templates faster. We’ve got diverse themes to be your all-in-one invitation creator, poster creator, logo maker, online invitation maker, business card maker, more.
COLLABORATE ON CANVA
Create a free team to easily share & edit designs with friends or colleagues. Work together to finalise presentations, business cards, brochures, and other design needs.
UPGRADE TO CANVA PRO
Save time, simplify workflow, and stay on brand with this subscription!
• Unlimited access to millions of high-quality photos, icons, and illustrations with Images Pro.
• One click is all it takes to resize your graphics with Magic Resize. Need to post your image to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest? Select your desired image types and we’ll do the work for you, instantly.
• Save your brand’s colors, logos and fonts and create on-brand designs.
Your monthly subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. The Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage app subscriptions in your iTunes Account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a paid subscription. Monthly renewals are charged at $12.99 (local prices apply). No lock-in contract.
Note: Image pack in-app purchases on the App Store are only available to use on the Canva app for iPhone.
Got questions or comments? Get in touch http://canva.me/ios”
2. CREATE: Graphic Design + Fonts
Use photos, fonts, lines, shapes; create graphics, UIs, logos, social media, vector art, photo collages, mood boards, geofilters, and much more…
Design with precision
Save + share editable projects
Import / export vectors
Add fonts + graphics to photos / PDFs
Markup, annotate, share ideas — fast
Creativity + productivity!
CREATE gives you the power of desktop design tools on an iPhone / iPad.
The CREATE app is designed using CREATE!
– Arrange multiple photo layers
– Edit text, typography, fonts
– Draw lines, edit stroke / fill
– Transform shapes – stretch, scale, rotate
– Add rounded corners
– Group layers, add / subtract layers
– Save reusable components
– Share and collaborate on projects
– Import editable .create files to other devices
– Backup projects to iCloud
– Precise dimensions / positioning
– Reorder layers
– Hex / RGB colors, save colors
– Custom color gradients
– Make duotone photos
– Add transparent backgrounds – PNG
– Export vectors – SVG, PDF
– Make Snapchat Geofilters
– Set canvas size, grid spacing
– Zoom canvas
– Snap to grid / object
– Install fonts
– Supports Apple Pencil
– Comprehensive help, videos
Work creatively anywhere – improve the world!
For the volume purchasing (VPP) version of CREATE for educational institutions, search in the App Store for ‘CREATE Pro’
CREATE includes an optional subscription:
3. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
4. PhotoScan by Google Photos
PICTURE PERFECT AND GLARE FREE
Don’t just take a picture of a picture. Create enhanced digital scans, wherever your photos are.
– Get glare-free scans with an easy step-by-step capture flow
– Automatic cropping based on edge detection
– Straight, rectangular scans with perspective correction
– Smart rotation, so your photos stay right-side-up no matter which way you scan them
SCAN IN SECONDS
Capture your favourite printed photos quickly and easily, so you can spend less time editing and more time looking at your bad childhood haircut.
For documents and photos in glare-free environments, toggle off glare removal for even faster scans.
SAFE AND SEARCHABLE WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS
Back up your scans with the free Google Photos app to keep them safe, searchable and organised. Bring your scans to life with movies, filters and advanced editing controls. And share them with anyone, just by sending a link.”
5. Photoshop Express Photo Editor
Have fun and easily edit, retouch, collage, and combine photos for high-quality pictures. Create photos that will help you stand out on social media with powerful one-touch transformations. Tap into your creativity on the go with Photoshop Express–the fast and easy photo editor–used by millions.
Photoshop Express delivers a full selection of free photo effects and editing features. Personalise your experiences with borders and text, enhance colour and imagery, create picture collages, make quick fixes and enhance your share-worthy moments.
DETECTING AND MASKING OBJECTS
Innovative multi-object selection bringing selective editing to the next level.
Transfer makeup from a wide selection of beauty templates onto your own image.
PHOTO FILTERS AND EFFECTS
• Work on a single part of an image while the rest remains untouched with Selective Editing.
• Easily remove or replace the background of your image with automatic and smart cutouts.
• Combine photos to creatively transform your image.
• Achieve your dream aesthetic with our Looks filters: Charm, Matte, Black & White, Portrait, Duo Tone, and more.
• Enhance your photo with new Overlays, including light-leaks, bokeh, and raindrops.
• Remove any unwanted elements from your photos to create share-ready photos with Advanced Healing.
• Explore Colour Temperature, Vibrance and other effects with an easy adjustment slider.
• Remove fog with Dehaze for clear, detail-rich scenery.
• Adjust the angle of your head or facial orientation.
• Remove blemishes and smooth skin for a flawless finish.
• Transform your selfie into a caricature with fun sliders.
• Retouch your face with sliders that recognise face shape and features.
STUNNING PHOTO COLLAGES
• Create fun and unique photo collages by adding ready-to-use backgrounds, gradients and layouts.
• Use the Style Transfer feature to easily apply the same look and feel across all the images in your collage.
• Highlight colour themes with the Pop-Colour Tool.
• Unleash creativity with the scrapbook feature or photo collage maker.
ADD BORDERS AND TEXT
• Customise stickers, memes and captions.
• Add fun text to your photos with a wide array of fonts, colours and opacity controls.
• Bring your photos to the next level with photo colour matching borders or unique custom frames.
• Fine-tune text placement with pan, zoom and rotate settings.
• Add watermarks easily by adding custom text or logos.
• Crop, straighten, rotate, and flip your photos
• Use Auto-Fix options for one-touch adjustments to Contrast, Exposure, and White Balance.
• Reopen closed eyes to create the perfect shot.
• Add emphasis on your subject with simple vignettes.
• Shift focus and blend backgrounds with Radial Blur.
• Enhance imagery with Full Blur features.
• Smooth out graininess or Reduce Colour Noise.
• Sharpen details to make your photos look their best.
• Fix crooked images with Auto Settings.
• Correct distorted camera angles with the Transform Tool.
Photoshop Express now includes all the best tools from Photoshop Mix and Photoshop Fix including liquefy, smart cut outs and layers, face-aware liquefy, and more. Adobe’s best-in-class healing technology recognises facial features for a smooth but realistic finish.
NOW SAVE AS PNG
• You can now save your detailed, high-contrast images in the PNG file format. This is ideal for digital photographs and images with transparent backgrounds that can be layered over other images.
Photoshop Express is brought to you by Adobe, proud makers of the Photoshop family.
Terms & Conditions:
“Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 14 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images in iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 14
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 14. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.”
7. Tayasui Sketches
Sketches is the most realistic, versatile and user-friendly sketching app designed for a mobile device. This exhaustive artist’s toolbox helps users create dazzling sketches, cheerful paintings and smashing illustrations on the go.
– Import photos
– Over 20 ultra realistic tools
– Incredibly realistic watercolor wet brushes
– Brush Editor
– Color Eyedropper
– Use layers to simplify your task
– Export them as separate PNG with transparency
– import and export PSD layered files
• Cloud Sync
– Backup your drawings to the Cloud
– Synchronize your drawings between all your devices
– Manage sync options folder by folder
Easily organize your drawings to personalize folders.
• Pressure Stylus support
Discover even more realistic brushes while Styluses.
We support Apple, Wacom and Adonit Styluses.
A Unique feeling: Each stroke behaves vividly and truly like a brush on paper, adapting the pressure, angle, and width to your movements. It’s an effect you have to see to believe.
• A unique UI with a touch of Zen : Tools are hidden away as you create and the bare minimum buttons are shown to make for a very clean canvas..
• Community: Share your drawings with the Sketches Community where you can find inspirations and vote for other people drawings.
• List of tools
– Felt Pen
– Pen Brush
– Oil Pastel
– Watercolor Dry and Wet brushes
– Acrylic brush
– Area and Filling tool
– Shapes (iPad only)
– Smudge tool