If you are looking for the Best Guitar Amp Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Guitar Amp Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Guitar Amp Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Guitar Amp Apps For iPhone
1. AmpKit – Guitar amps & pedals
Includes 30 guitar amps, 30 pedals, 25 cabinets and 8 mics, based on real-world products. SAVE UP TO 60% with new Unlock all bundles!
“I found AmpKit+, the full version of the app, the easiest, most versatile and the best value, especially on an iPad.”
– New York Times
“AmpKit is the star of the show… extremely intuitive user interface, plenty of amps and pedals, great sound.”
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with mixing and non-destructive re-amping
• Upload sessions to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and others
• Records sharing via SoundCloud, AirDrop, Copy-Paste, iMessage and email
• Ultra-low latency, virtually undetectable
• FREE Tuner and Metronome featuring technology used in GuitarToolkit
• Works with virtually all headset and dock guitar interfaces
• Ampkit, Ampkit HD (available on Amazon.com)
• Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
• iRig, iRig HD”
2. BIAS AMP 2 – for iPad
“BIAS AMP 2 Mobile is a professional virtual amp designer that offers replications of 36 of the best vintage, modern and boutique amps in rock. The app gives you the power to create new sounds by designing your own dream amplifier, letting you swap out tubes, preamps, power amps, transformers, tone stacks, cab, and microphones, all via a powerful and intuitive interface designed for your iPad. Whether you’re a classic rocker, metalhead, jazz player, bluesman or singer-songwriter – and whether you understand how amplifier electronics work or not – you’ll be dialing in killer and exclusive tones in a heartbeat.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile adds a host of new features, including a powerful new user interface, new preamp and power amp modules, tubes, tone stacks, Blues and Bass amp packs, new Dynamic Tone Control, new speaker cabinet module with multi-mic capability and open/closed back cabinet emulation and much more. In addition to all of these amazing new features, we’ve also partnered with legendary Celestion to create brand new custom multi-mic speaker cabs using their famed impulse responses! (Additional preamp, power amp and cab models are available via in-app purchase)
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile seamlessly integrates with Positive Grid’s ToneCloud®, which is far more than a simple storage tank for your own custom tones – it’s an active community where thousands of guitarists upload, share and discuss tones. The ToneCloud® gives you access to thousands of custom amps created by artists, recording studios and guitarists like you, so you’ll never lack for sonic inspiration.
To take your tones to the next level, there are 9 full-featured reverbs in BIAS AMP 2 Mobile. These aren’t just simple two-knob reverbs either – they range from lush halls and chambers to intimate rooms, and each reverb has control of decay time, mix level, high and low cut filters, damping and dwell.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile integrates seamlessly with Positive Grid’s BIAS FX and JamUp guitar multi-effects apps for iPad, expanding BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a powerful and completely unified professional guitar system for live use, recording and jamming. Both JamUp and JamUp Pro include effects processors, Jam player, 8-track recorder and phrase sampler, tuner and metronome, effectively turning BIAS AMP 2 Mobile into a recording studio and top-of-the-line practice utility.
BIAS AMP 2 Mobile also works with GarageBand and other audio apps using iOS’s Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. Whether you’re recording, writing songs or honing your chops—at home or on the road—BIAS products place unequaled tone at your fingertips.
• Complete, accurate and versatile component-level amp modeling
• 36 amp models included with the introductory release, with thousands more available via the ToneCloud®
• Factory categories that allow you to organize amps by music genre and sonic impact (clean, blues, glassy, crunch, metal, acoustic, and bass)
• Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, and mic selection and placement – mix and match!
• Customize the look and feel of your amp panel by changing the name, tolex, front panel and knobs
• Ability to work the way guitarists think: Tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers
• Noise gate
• 9 lush and full-featured reverbs
• Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
• Preset to recall each of your 8 favorite settings
• Seamless integration with BIAS FX and JamUp; open and save your amp models inside BIAS FX and JamUp with one tap (available via in-app purchase)
• Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
Also check out BIAS AMP 2 for desktop machines (AAX/VST/AU) at: www.positivegrid.com
For more information, please visit:
3. BIAS FX – Guitar Amp & Effects
“BIAS FX Mobile turns your iOS device into an intuitive, portable and powerful guitar and bass effects processor. Take a massive collection of realistic sounding amps and effects to your next jam session, or to the stage. Plug-in and play anywhere you go!
Complete iOS Guitar Amps and Effects
– Hundreds of stunningly authentic amps and effects by Positive Grid
– LiveView turns your mobile device into a performance-ready processor
– Seamlessly open BIAS AMP models inside BIAS FX with one tap
– Download and share thousands of presets from ToneCloud™
WORLD-CLASS GUITAR PROCESSOR
BIAS FX Mobile turns your iOS device into an incredible sounding guitar amps and effects processor built on the backbone of our award-winning pro-level software. With an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, BIAS FX Mobile comes packed with a library of ultra-realistic boutique amps and a studio full of pro-level effects and the hottest guitar pedals.
POWERFUL BIAS ECOSYSTEM
The BIAS collection of advanced guitar hardware and software is built on the most robust amps-and-effects engine in the industry. BIAS FX Mobile works seamlessly with BIAS AMP 2 and BIAS Pedal apps to allow limitless customization of guitar amps and pedals.
CUTTING EDGE AMP TONE
With our penchant for perfection, BIAS FX is built on the backbone of our amazing, ultra-real BIAS AMP 2 tone engine. It’s a radically different approach to tone creation. We joined forces with the world’s top artists, engineers and recording studios to ensure our amplifier circuits are mind-blowingly authentic and best in class. The result? Plug-in for an extraordinary playing experience with realistic touch response and ultra-responsive dynamics.
The BIAS FX universal app includes incredibly versatile, high-quality effects from vintage pedal simulations to newly added high-end rack effects. Mix, match and tweak to enter new sonic territory and create fantastic sounds never heard before. All effects are designed to work with BIAS FX’s easy-to-use, photo-realistic, drag and drop interface to dial in tone just like on analog studio gear.
The BIAS FX mobile app also allows users to connect to our ToneCloud, where players can find thousands of amps and effects configurations created by artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world. You will never run out of inspiration, as the ToneCloud library grows daily. Settings can easily be downloaded and shared.
– Extremely intuitive operation
– Unrivaled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
– Over 20 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP 2
– 81 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
– 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
– 74 factory presets. Finding your tone is a no-brainer.
– Full integration with BIAS AMP 2 gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
– Dual signal path and dual amp processing
– Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
– LiveView mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
– Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
– Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tone stack, power amp, and cab separately for each destination.
– Full MIDI compatible
– Supports IAA (Inter-App Audio) to expand your sound creativities.
Supported Audio Interface: iRig (all series), Apogee Jam/Jam Plus, Focusrite iTrack Solo, Shure MVi, Korg plugKEY, iConnect AUDIO and all MFi or Class Compliant audio interfaces with Lightning to USB adapter.”
4. Overloud THU
Build your own rig by using an unlimited number of amplifiers, cabinets, stompboxes and studio processors in your sound chain. You can connect your guitar to the iOS device using any digital audio interface.
Overloud TH-U includes:
• 86 guitar amplifiers and 4 bass amplifiers
• Official Randall, THD, DVmark and Brunetti models
• 47 guitar cabinets and 2 bass cabinets
• 73 pedal and rack effects
• 1000+ Presets
• 5000+ Captured Rigs
Overloud TH-U includes the Rig Player, the Overloud processor which allows to reproduce captured Amps, Cabs and Rigs.
Several Rig producers already joined TH-U to provide their top quality captured tones, which are now available on iOS too.
The FREE version includes 3 amplifiers, 3 cabinets, 4 stompbox effects, the Rig Player, a master effect section, 18 microphones and a looper.
Sign up to the Overloud account to:
– unlock 17 additional FREE models and Rigs
– get the iOS license of all models and Rigs at a very competitive price if you already own TH-U and Rig Libraries for Desktop
Overloud TH-U for iOS runs the same DSP full processing of the Desktop version for an unprecedented simulation quality.
The AUv3 included format allows you to process your DAW guitar tracks with the full power of the TH-U audio engine.
You can share presets with the Desktop version using the most common cloud services, like iCloud, Dropbox or Google Drive.
Overloud TH-U is stage ready: you can fully control it using any MIDI pedalboard and play with no gaps thanks to the seamless preset change feature.
Overloud TH-U can process your guitar sound while the device is playing a backing track through your preferred App (Music, Youtube, Anytune, …).
Overloud TH-U has a flexible sound chain: you can add any number of effects, change their order with no limitations, and set up parallel chains of effects.
With the Amp Tweak feature, you can customize the amplifiers by changing the preamp and power amp tubes, and simulate the action of a Variac.
The ReSPiRe 2 technology allows you to choose between the real response of the cabinet and a processed version optimized to fit into a mix and avoid frequency overlap with other instruments.”
5. Tonebridge Guitar Effects
EASY TO USE for BEGINNERS
Tonebridge gives you the sound of the original song without special guitar knowledge—just plug in your guitar into iPhone or iPad and start playing. Choose from 9000+ song presets from light acoustic sounds of “Come As You Are” to crushing heavy roars of “Master Of Puppets”.
GEEK FEATURES for ADVANCED PLAYERS
Choose from 100+ amps, cabinets, pedals and microphones to create your own unique tones, with full control of every sound setting. Publish tones to the catalog and gain attention from thousands of Tonebridge users.
WORKS ON EVERY GUITAR and BASS
We created presets that sound great on every guitar, bass or acoustic guitar with pickups. Even if you want to play heavy metal on an old Fender, the sound will still be familiar.
• 9000+ presets for popular songs of different genres
• 7500+ demo samples for effect preview
• Favorites to have a quick access to your favorite presets
• Pedalboards to quickly switch between presets
• Collections of presets handpicked by Ultimate Guitar editors
• Intelligent feedback and noise reduction system for a clear sound
• Low latency for real-time playing
• Information about pickup settings
• Preset requests to get a preset that is not already in the app
Advanced features (also for free!):
• 100+ amps, pedals, cabinets and microphones with tons of settings
• Access to the insides of any tone and tone tweaking
• Creating your own tones
• Publishing tones to the Catalog
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support
• Audio Unit support (can be used in GarageBand, Modstep, Auria and more)
• Bluetooth controllers support
• iRig, iRig 2, iRig HD, iRig HD 2, iRig Pro
• Ampkit Link
• Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
• Rocksmith cable (with Apple camera adapter only)
Follow @tonebridgeapp on Twitter to read the latest news and secret tricks in Tonebridge.
Have a suggestion or comment? Shoot us an email at email@example.com
Rock’n’roll for everyone!”