If you are looking for the Best Guitar Tuner App iPhone 2020 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Guitar Tuner App iPhone 2020 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Guitar Tuner App iPhone 2020, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Guitar Tuner App iPhone 2020
“Cleartune and Clockwork are my most used apps.” – Ezra Oklan (Nicole Atkins, Norah Jones, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Matt Beck (Matchbox 20), Chico Hamilton, Arnie Lawrence)
“I’ve been having trouble with interference on stage with other tuners for the iPhone. Used Cleartune last night before a gig and had no problems with stage noise. Excellent tuner for bass.” – Rob Calder (Kanye West, Angus and Julia Stone, The Break and Repair Method, Ghostface Killah)
Used in the making of the Gorillaz album “The Fall”
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cleartune
• Featured in Electronic Musician, Matchbox Mag, Making Music Mag, Premiere Guitar, MacWorld, Apple Staff Picks, Worship Leader Mag, Acoustic Guitar
• Spotted in use backstage by The Black Keys, C.W. Stone King (www.va.ryanpolei.com), Grammy Nominee Sones de México (gearwire.com)
Cleartune is a chromatic instrument tuner and pitch pipe that allows you to quickly and accurately tune your instrument using the built-in mic in your device.
Cleartune features a unique “note wheel” interface allowing you to quickly find your pitch, paired with a highly responsive fine-tuning meter for the perfect tune.
With support for custom temperaments, transposition, notations such as solfège, and adjustable calibration, Cleartune packs more power than most pro tuners, yet is simple enough for everyone to use.
Cleartune can tune acoustic or electric guitar, bass, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, piano, tympani and any other instrument that can sustain a tone.
Most electronic tuners cannot properly tune a violin. With a built in temperament for violin family instruments, Cleartune will have the 5ths singing perfectly.
– Note Wheel Display
– Ultra responsive 25 cent range fine tuning display
– Needle Damping option
– Accuracy ±0.01 semitone (±1 cent)
– Selectable Temperaments
– Selectable Notations (such as Solfège)
– User-defined temperament and notations
– Support for transposing instruments
– Automatic reference note calibration
– Adjustable A4 calibration in 0.1 Hz increment
– Pitch Pipe/Tone generator
– Selectable tone waveform
– Automatic or manual note selection”
2. Fender Guitar Tuner
“Fender Tune is the 5-star rated, precision tuner app for guitar, bass and ukulele from the most trusted name in guitars, Fender®. Accurately tune your instrument with Fender Tune’s easy-to-use interface, perfect for all musicians from beginners to pros.
PRECISE & CUSTOMIZABLE TUNING MODES
How it works:
Auto-Tune Mode – Pluck a string and the tuner listens to the note to guide you to a perfect pitch. A string-by-string diagram guides the selected tuning.
Manual Tune Mode – Tap a string on the interactive Fender headstock to hear the note and tune your acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass or ukulele.
Chromatic Mode – The tuner recognizes each of the 12 chromatic (semitone) steps of the equal-tempered scale, allowing you to tune to any note on the scale.
Preset Tunings – 26 tunings available, including: Standard (EADGBE), Open G, Drop D, Open D and Drop C.
Custom Tunings – Create your own custom tunings and save to your Fender Connect personal profile for easy access.
INTRODUCING TUNE PLUS: THE ULTIMATE ALL-IN-ONE PRACTICE TOOLKIT
Looking for more than a standard guitar tuner? For a limited time, sign-up to gain full access to Tune Plus – the largest suite of FREE guitar-playing resources in a mobile app. No credit card required. Get more out of your practice with interactive guitar chords and scales, built-in customizable drum beats, advanced precision tuning capabilities, a metronome and more. All you need is the Fender Tune app and your instrument.
5000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR CHORDS
Discover new sonic possibilities with Fender’s dynamic guitar chord library which creates any chord pattern, with multiple shape variations, anywhere on the neck.
• Interact with over 5000 guitar chords by dragging your finger across the diagram to hear the chord before you play.
• Get chord diagrams and finger placement for every chord variation in any position
• Browse through curated collections of chords or find a chord by searching for a note
• Includes chords for six-string guitar only
2000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR SCALES
Fender’s dynamic scale library improves your lead playing by quickly teaching complex scales with easy-to-understand visuals.
• Hear how over 2000 guitar scales sound before you play them by pressing down on each note of the interactive scale diagrams.
• Find scale diagrams and patterns for any variation, flavor and key – anywhere on the fretboard.
• Includes scales for six-string guitar only
DRUM TRACKS & METRONOME
Improve your playing and have more fun practicing with a flexible drum kit based on an authentic acoustic drum kit designed for Fender.
• Choose from 65 unique one-touch, pre-programmed drum rhythms across 7 genres (Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal, Funk/R&B, Country/Folk and World) including: 90s Rock, Chicago Bounce, Kingston Groove and many more.
• Select your tempo and customize your time signature to practice with any rhythm
• Also features standard metronome mode to help you stay in time.
Tune your guitar, bass or ukulele with greater visual precision and flexibility
• Get real-time visual feedback to find the exact tuning you’re seeking
• Explore more tuning styles with exact cents and hertz reference
• Choose from 40 different non-standard tuning references from A=420Hz to A=460Hz
• 8 tutorial videos teach you the basics of tuning your instrument
• The intermediate guide provides tips for training your ear and using Chromatic Mode
Since 1946, Fender® has set the standard for expertly crafted, high-performance instruments and audio equipment. Fender Digital, a new digital products division, is extending the vision with a precise and easy-to-use guitar, bass and ukulele tuner iPhone app.”
3. “GuitarTuna: Guitar, Bass tuner”
“The #1 tuner in the world!
This is not just a guitar tuner: we’ve got +100 tunings for 15 instruments! It’s fast, accurate and easy to use. GuitarTuna has been downloaded over 80 million times, which makes it the most downloaded tuning app in the world.
Tuna has it all:
• A LOT of tunings: standard, drop D, drop A, half step down and loads more
• Metronome with tap-for-tempo and multiple time signatures
• Chromatic tuner for alternative tunings and for tuning any instrument
• The clean, intuitive and customisable UI makes it easy for anyone to use
• Tools: Ear training, chord guide, games, and exercises.
How it works:
Just pluck a string on your instrument – Tuna detects the sound using your device’s microphone. You’ll get instant visual feedback while tuning. No cables needed.
With our award-winning audio recognition technology, we guarantee you an insanely accurate tuning result. We use noise cancellation technology to eliminate background noises while you tune.
The instruments we currently support:
• Guitar 7-String
• Guitar 12-String
• Bass 5-string
• Banjo 5-String
• Chromatic tuner for all instruments
We’ve put a lot of love and effort into making GuitarTuna the tuner it is today. User feedback is valuable to us, and you can be sure we’re listening. We recently added chromatic tuner to the app because of the sheer amount of requests for it. With the chromatic tuner, users can create their own tunings or tune basically any instrument (you can even identify your landline’s beeping frequency).
GuitarTuna Pro subscription: Subscribe for unlimited access. Subscriptions are monthly. Prices may vary in different countries. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
GuitarTuna is developed by Yousician. Check out the app to learn and master guitar, ukulele, bass, piano or singing!
It’s pretty cool you actually read this far! Here’s a joke for you: What’s the difference between a bass and a tuna? You can tuna bass, but you can’t bass a tuna.
Now download the app and see how it is.
Send us your feedback of the joke and the app to email@example.com!
4. Practice+ Tuner & Metronome
Practice+ is a complete practice and performance toolkit for musicians that contains five separate modes including Tuner, Metronome, Recorder, Setlist and Loop Modes. Each mode can work simultaneously with the metronome which is easily controlled via the compact metronome bar that is always on screen.
What people are saying about Practice+
“Practice+ Makes Perfect” – AppAdvice.com
“Get your music right with Practice+” -Tom’sGuide.com
“Beautiful flat UI design” -ModernJamming.com
Tuner- Powerfully accurate tuner with instant response and large edge to edge UI for easy readability. Tuner range A0-C8.
Metronome- Full featured metronome that works simultaneously in every mode. Customize meters, accents, subdivisions, sounds and more. The dedicated metronome mode features a large edge to edge UI for easy readability
Pitch Player- Play reference tones to check your intonation. Pitch playback range A1-C8
Recorder- Record and share your practice sessions right from your device
SetList-Easily create setlists and save all settings with a single tap
Practice Mode- Loop difficult passages and increase tempo automatically with each repetition
Beautifully simple UI
Portrait and landscape support
Fine tuning range 392-490Hz
Practice+ is free to try with limitations. Unlock everything with a single in-app purchase.”