If you are looking for the Best Hue Apps iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Hue Apps iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Hue Apps iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Hue Apps iPhone
1. iConnectHue for Philips Hue
“This most complete of all Hue apps brings out the best of your Philips Hue lights! Organize your Hue Lamps: Assemble groups for rooms, zones or special purposes. Light up your party with Discotainment (optional), dinner or bedroom in your favorite colors and moods with easy to use drag & drop-functions! Want to go to bed? Just start the integrated sleep timer and close your eyes. Intelligent timers only act when you need them.
Have a Hue compatible switch (Tap, Dimmer, Smart Button, FoH, Wall Switch Module, Aurora) or Motion Sensor and want more flexibility? Colors, scenes, sleep timers, reminders, brightness, blinking, on/off and even color animations (optional)! Motion sensors can either turned off or return to the last state of inactivity.
Philips made it “app of the month” 5 times: iConnectHue was made to be powerful, but still solves complex tasks with ease. This all comes in a nice clean package. It’s possibly the only app you will need for your Philips Hue Lights!
Get more information about all the fantastic possibilities on https://iconnecthue.com/features
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any issues, please contact us! Our team will try hard to solve any problem that you may encounter.
• Full feature set – control almost every aspect of your Hues – and constant updates
• Family focus: Scene sharing, family geofencing (first one turns on the light, last one off – optional), group hiding
• Everything non-music related happens on your bridge – your iPhone can stay off!
• Color animations on the bridge. No more empty batteries, everybody w/ iConnectHue can stop them!
• Create beautiful Magic Scenes, color your home – they work in every group and are super easy to create
• Drag & drop colors from one light to another
• Multiply the possibilities of your switches and Motion Sensors! More flexibility than any other app on market (more: https://iconnecthue.com/features)
• Create the iOS widget you want! Add scenes, switches, sleep timers, reminders, light states and dimmers, motion sensor temperature & more
• Access your lights and timers when not at home
• Intelligent timers: Start them by time and day, by condition (group on/off or presence – w/ optional Automation), use colors & scenes, use random offsets, use sunrise or sunset time
• Instant timers: Darken lights when you go to bed, let your lights remind you, transition to scenes
• Find new lights & devices, add lights from other bridges, update your firmware
• Integrated tutorials and FAQ make it easy to understand the usage and to solve problems
• Supports every Philips Hue hardware (including Gradient!) and many 3rd party lights
To allow further development, additional modules are available via in app purchase or membership:
• Automation turns off lights when the first arrives and the last left, plus individually by user
• Animation Upgrade for unlimited animations, upload to switches, use them on your Apple Watch, widget & timers
• Discotainment – sync lights to music with Hue Entertainment, make your home a Disco – works with every source thanks to microphone use
• Weekend mode lets your switches and sensors act differently on week vs. weekend
• REAL multi bridge support – control multiple bridges with just one app, without switching
• With Watch Plus you can control your groups, adjust their brightness and load their scenes, start sleep timers
• Additional animation and Magic Scene packages
• Basic: All purchases, adds sharing of Magic Scenes and Animations
• Pro: Like Basic, plus additional features (e.g. group picture and -widget), Apple Family Sharing of membership
Options & pricing: https://iconnecthue.com/app-options
It’s less than a single Hue light! We want the best app for you and invest time and money. More:
It’s the most comprehensive Hue app available:
Hue Bridge v2 required!
2. iLightShow for Philips Hue
“Live an amazing lighting experience! Create your own ambiance, from chill to party, it’s all up to you.
iLightShow connects Apple Music and Spotify streaming services to Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas lighting systems. Perfect to make your home parties really awesome! Transform your apartment or house into a real dancefloor. Simple but efficient, iLightShow does not need many options, you just need to login to Apple Music or Spotify and link your Philips Hue Bridge, we do all the rest for you.
Why should you use iLightShow?
During parties with friends, turn on your LIFX / Philips Hue / Nanoleaf lights and transform your house or apartment into a festive place.
Relax while listening to music and create your own ambiance, from chill to electro, iLightShow will create light effects on all musical styles.
Want to stay awake while working at home? iLightShow can provide you with a lot of powerful energy.
• Real-time lights synchronization (Philips Hue, LIFX and Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas smart lights)
• Automatically syncs the lights to the official Apple Music / Spotify music players
• Super accurate – works on top of a pre-computed analysis
• Stop / Resume Apple Music or Spotify playback as much as you need
• Add / Remove Hue / LIFX bulbs during the show just with one click!
• Control the brightness and intensity of the show
• Either let the app control the colors or select the colors of your choice
• Automatic Light effects, like strobe and flashes (Stroboscope)
• Delay the sync when using external accessories
• Philips Hue multi-bridges support
• Sonos speakers synchronization
• Philips Hue Bridge and some Philips Hue Smart Bulbs (for more information, see http://meethue.com). Also works with TRÅDFRI bulbs, linked to the hue bridge.
• OR/AND LIFX lights (no bridge required)
• OR/AND Nanoleaf Aurora or Canvas panels (no bridge required)
• An Apple Music account OR Spotify Music Account
Need some support? Contact me on Twitter or Facebook at @iLightShow”
3. OnSwitch for Philips Hue
OnSwitch is the #1 rated companion app for Philips Hue smart lighting systems. Downloaded over 2.3 million times!
OnSwitch for Philips Hue has a beautiful, simple user interface but it’s also powerful. Your Hue lights come alive with a single click!
• Party/Disco Lighting
• Sports, Including LIVE game-sync events
• Sunrise alarm and sunset sleep timer
• Fun kids content
• Accent Lighting
• Color flows
• Candle light
• Nature Scenes
Our Hue app connects to your Philips Hue Bridge, creating immersive animated experiences with your Hue lights!
Get the best Hue App, get OnSwitch!
With OnSwitch Premium subscription you can unlock our entire content library and more!
• Unlock ALL albums (300+ animated light scenes)
• Unlimited SIRI Shortcuts
• Access exclusive LIVE events.
• Amazing NEW scenes added regularly.
Our Hue light scenes have cinematic flair. Music sound tracks set the mood while our an animation engine delivers bursts of light and sound where anything can happen. Santa lands on your house! Zombies attack! You are in a spaceship battle!
Other light scenes transport you to a Lush Forest, Venice or even Deep Space to chill out in the Orion Nebula listening to superb ambient electronic music.
OnSwitch gives you smarter, clearer ways to control your smart lights. Instead of guessing what Hue’s “Light Recipes” mean, our Everyday Lighting album presents gorgeous photos of antique and halogen bulbs or a skylight so it’s clear what kind of light you are going to get. Our fluorescent tube even flickers on like the real thing!
Want Color? Other apps make you drag a pin around a color wheel. OnSwitch makes it easy with curated Pastels and Accent colors. Warm and Cool color flows. And “Color Splat!” our exclusive color discovery feature that’s always fun and a surprise.
SUNRISE ALARM & SUNSET SLEEP TIMER
Wake up with a beautiful sunrise and your favorite music! Go to sleep with a sunset, optimized for better sleep.
Easily create and manage groups of bulbs. Control each group independently. OnSwitch manages groups on your Philips Hue Bridge so it will play nicely with your other apps!
• You will need LIFX smart bulbs or a Philips Hue bridge and light bulbs to use this app.
• OnSwitch requires iOS10 or later to run.
OnSwitch Premium subscription unlocks all of the app’s lighting content. You can preview all of the content for 3 days FREE before your subscription starts.
If you choose to subscribe, you will be charged a per month subscription fee according to your country. The subscription fee will be shown in the app before you complete the payment. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term, unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the term. Subscription renewals cost the same as the original subscription, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal at any time after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings. Refunds will not be given for any unused portion of the term.
For additional information, please read:
•Terms of Service (https://www.getonswitch.com/terms)
4. Philips Hue
Don’t have a Hue Bridge? Search “Hue Bluetooth” in the App Store to use your smart lights with Bluetooth instead.
ORGANIZE YOUR SMART LIGHTS YOUR WAY
Whether you use just a few bulbs or have completely outfitted your home in Hue, you can organize your smart lights with ease. Group your lights into Rooms or Zones — your entire downstairs floor or all the lights in the living room, for example — that mirror the physical rooms in your home.
EASILY CONTROL YOUR LIGHTS — FROM ANYWHERE
Adjust your lights’ brightness, temperature, and color and control multiple lights across Rooms or Zones all from the Hue app — and it doesn’t matter where you are. You can use the app to control your lights anywhere you have an internet connection.
EXTRAORDINARY LIGHT EXPERIENCES
Created by professional lighting designers, our light scenes transform your room in an instant. Create a unique atmosphere with the Honolulu scene, the vibrant colors of Soho, and more. Browse the Hue scene gallery and tap a scene to activate or create your own scene based on a photo or your favorite color palette.
LIGHT RECIPES FOR YOUR DAILY ROUTINES
Use four light recipes designed by lighting experts to support your wellbeing throughout the day. Start the morning with the cool daylight of Energize to boost your energy, followed by the brighter Concentrate setting to help you get things done. The Read light recipe gives you the perfect shade of light in which to read your favorite book, while the dimmed golden glow of Relax helps you wind down.
PERSONALIZE WITH AUTOMATIONS
Make your smart lights work around your daily routine. Whether you want your lights to gently wake you up in the morning or greet you when you get home, setting up customizable automations in the Hue app is effortless — and fun!
HANDS-FREE VOICE CONTROL
Use Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant to control your smart lights with just your voice. Simple voice commands let you turn lights on and off, dim and brighten, or even change colors without you ever lifting a finger.
USE SIRI SHORTCUTS FOR QUICK CONTROL
Use the Shortcuts app to create shortcuts that you can place into widgets on your Home Screen for even faster control of your lights. Turn lights on or off, adjust their brightness and temperature, or set scenes — all without even opening the app.
Learn more about the official Philips Hue app: www.philips-hue.com/app”