If you are looking for the Best Hunting Map Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Hunting Map Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Hunting Map Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Hunting Map Apps For iPhone
1. BaseMap: Hunting GPS Maps
BaseMap is the only outdoor app you will ever need. Turn your phone into a GPS and compass to map your outdoor adventures and interact with the BaseMap community.
• Know your exact location even without cellular or WiFi service
• See where you are in relation to property boundaries, roads, trails, peaks, or boundaries
• Navigate to trail heads, favorite places, markers, or anything you need to locate with our powerful Search and GoTo features.
XDR (Exact Direction & Range) NAVIGATION TOOL
• Immediately know the exact distance between you and your desired destination.
• Capture, log and share all your outdoor adventures with the BaseMap community
• Real-time location sharing so friends can see where you are in case of emergency (connection reqd.)
• SmartMarkers – Automatically capture the weather conditions at the time you add a marker.
• Log your hunts as detailed as you’d like. Record your hunt type, species/size, weapon, unit/GMU & much more.
HUNTWIND™ & WEATHER CENTER
• Wind forecast to better plan your hunt.
• Know the exact day and time to hunt a particular stand and visualize wind direction and scent drift in relation to your location.
• Forecasts, temperature, moon phase, sunrise/sunset, wind, and more.
OFFLINE GPS and Tracking
• Cache maps for offline use and use anywhere…even without service.
• Save as many offline maps as you want with unlimited caching (Pro).
• Know exactly where you are in real time even without cellular coverage.
• Drop your marker closest to the GearDrop marker & win free gear.
IN-APP 3D SATELLITE IMAGERY
• As close to boots-on-the-ground as you can get
• Tilt & rotate the map to see the terrain from every angle
GOOGLE EARTH INTEGRATION
• Export markers and view them right in Google Earth
• View the terrain in true 3D
• Over 700 layers and growing
• Nationwide Color Coded Govt Lands
• Nationwide Private Parcel Boundaries & Owner Names
• Water depths for East coast, West, Coast, Gulf coast, & over 4,000 U.S. lakes
• Nationwide Hiking Trails
• Nationwide Wildfires & Timbercuts
• Nationwide Wilderness & Roadless Areas
• State specific hunting layers including hunting unit boundaries, private hunting opportunities, WMA’s & more
• Multiple Topography & Satellite Imagery basemap options
• Much more
• Nationwide plans so you never have to be restricted to just one state.
• Fastest layer rendering speed
• Sync all your map data between your phone and the BaseMap web application.
• No Ads
• Connect with friends
• Nationwide parcel boundaries
• Hybrid 3D Imagery (map tilt).
• GoTo Navigation
• Nationwide Roads, Trails & Points Of Interest
• Nationwide Lakes, Rivers & Streams
• Hunting Units
• GPS Location & Tracking
• Multiple Topo & Imagery basemap options
Pro ($9.99/mo or $34.99/yr)
• Everything in Basic plan
• Access to over 700 Layers
• Unlimited Data & Offline Use
• Nationwide parcel owner names
• Nationwide color-coded government lands
• 3D Earth view
• Google Earth Integration
• Import/Export KML and GPX with BaseMap online application
• Real-Time location sharing
Hunting Research ($9.99/yr)
• In-depth hunting research tools
• Filter hunting units by species
• Hunting season dates for every unit and species
• Detailed harvest success graphs for Western big game species
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off any time in your Apple account
• Your Apple account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
For questions or more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. “HuntStand: Tools, Maps & GPS”
HuntStand, with millions of downloads, is the #1 hunting app in the world and is the only hunting- and land-management app you will ever need. This revolutionary app is packed with invaluable mapping, weather, tracking, and social features.
Using this app, you will have access to offline weather and maps of your hunt areas. You can edit your maps while out “in the field” then sync them with your HuntStand account to further explore them online.
Gain access to nationwide property boundary and owner information, our proprietary Hunting Land layer, 3 different satellite image layers, and many other useful interactive maps.
View relevant written and video content from HuntStand Media including gear reviews, hunting tactics, useful tips, and much more.
Use our Harvest, Sightings, and Task logging features to understand your property like never before.
Fully map your property using more than 100 easily-discernible custom icons, shapes, and lines including scouting marks, stands, property boundaries, food plots, ponds, roads, trails, and numerous other important objects of interest.
View distance and area measurements using our advanced measurement tools. Our app will give you extremely accurate map-based distances in feet, meters, and yards and area measurements in acres.
Create an account and gain the ability to:
• Sync Hunting Area maps to share among your devices or in case you lose or replace your phone.
• Order ultra-high-resolution printed maps through our website that you create using the HuntStand app.
• View and edit maps using ultra-advanced online mapping features
• Share maps with friends
• Create a personal profile
• Add friends to your network
• Locate your friends using the Friend Finder feature
• Join group hunting areas (allowing you to share and edit maps with your hunting friends)
• View advanced statistics built from your personal harvest and sighting history
In-app purchases are available to remove advertising for one year and also for HuntStand Pro.
HuntStand Pro includes:
• The removal of all advertisements
• Unlimited property parcel queries across the country. View property boundaries, size, and owner names. Add property boundaries to your custom maps.
• The ability to view your maps using our true 3D technology
• Hunting Lands: State managed hunting land including WMAs, DNR boundaries, GMUs, hunting units, zones, districts, regions, boundaries with regulations, natural areas, conservation lands, habitats, and more
• Public Lands: Federal, state, and county public lands including BLM, national and state forests and parks, Fish and Wildlife, DNR, conservation areas, public easements, and more
• Tree Cover: Tree cover derived though analysis of NASA satellite imagery
• Natural Atlas: Trails, ATV and 4×4 roads, forest roads, campgrounds, parks, natural points of interest, and more
• DG Vivid: Digital Globe Satellite Imagery with vivid colors
• Mapbox Satellite: Advanced Mapbox Satellite Imagery
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase;
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period;
Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal;
You can manage subscriptions and turn auto-renewal off by going to your Account Settings after purchase; and
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the you purchase a paid subscription.
3. HuntWise: A Better Hunting App
“You’re invited to take part in the best hunting app community out there! Share hunting experiences with like-minded sportsmen and women around the country, while gaining access to the best hunting tools on the market.
With hunting weather predictions, solunar calendars, GPS Maps and more; HuntWise is one hunting app with the ability to help you plan and prepare for the best hunting times to ensure that you don’t come home empty-handed. Whether you are deer hunting, duck hunting, or hunting for a wide range of other species, using HuntWise as your trusted hunt predictor will increase your chances of hitting the mark.
WEATHER FORECASTS FOR HUNTERS
HuntCastTM Predictions and Hunting Forecast: Over 12M predictions have been made to date using an industry leading prediction and forecast tool. Trusted and tested by Hunters around the globe, HuntCast combines 8 tracked weather related variables to determine your species-specific peak kill times.
Determine the best hunting times for specific species including: white-tailed deer, waterfowl, turkey, upland game, wild boar, coyote, rabbit, squirrel, black bear, brown bear, black-tailed deer, moose, mule deer, and elk.
MAPS BUILT FOR HUNTERS
Turn your smartphone into a powerful GPS Hunt Mapping device and more!
1) Private Land Ownership Boundaries: Scout new hunting properties and identify private property boundaries.
2) Satellite + Topographic Imagery: Understand terrain with topographic contours, hillshade, and satellite imagery.
3) Custom Waypoints: Plot your stands, blinds, scrapes, rubs, and waypoints.
4) GPS Navigation: Navigate to any custom location in real time using your phone’s built-in GPS.
SHOP HUNTING GEAR
HuntWise is now your one-stop shop for your favorite hunting gear. We have partnered with some of the best hunting brands in the world to make it even easier for you to access the essentials right from your phone. Connect with other hunters to discuss gear, ask questions, and read hundreds of reviews from sportsmen around the country.
1) Find Gear: Easily search through the best hunting gear brands
2) Read Reviews: Read authentic reviews from sportsmen around the country to hear what others are saying about specific gear.
3) Ask Questions: Chat with other professionals about the best gear for all of your hunting needs.
With Pro Membership, you will gain access to private land boundaries for the entire United States. This map layer will be displayed over your existing satellite map if enabled in the layer’s menu on the map tab. The Pro Membership costs $49.99/year. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. The payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
COMMUNITY SHAPED BY HUNTERS
Join a community of hunters who understand what’s at the heart of hunting; who appreciate the patience and skill required to be successful, and who will celebrate with you when you get the big one. Share in thousands of photos and stories of hunters around the country.
1) Log your hunts- Each hunt is an opportunity to make memories. Record those prized moments and relive them for years to come.
2) Talk shop- Chat with hundreds of hunters across the country and share in the thrill of the sport.
3) Record Keeping- Record your harvest and sighting amounts along with other details for every hunting season.
Hunt more. Hunt Better. HuntWise.”
4. onX Hunt: #1 GPS Hunting Map
Know where you stand with the most trusted and accurate map data. Use onX Hunt as a fully functioning free GPS on your phone. View private and public land ownership maps, Hunting Units, roads and all trails, US topographic maps and more! Turn your phone into the best free hunting app with offline maps, location tracking GPS for hunting, and more!
▶ FREE TRIAL
While onX Hunt & many of its features are free, you will also start a free Premium State Membership trial when you install the App. This allows you to try a full-featured Premium State Membership for 7 days.
▶ FREE HUNTING APP FEATURES
• NO ADS
• Web Map for scouting at home and syncing data to your mobile
• Aerial view maps and 24K Topographical Maps with GPS Navigation
• Hunting Units or Game Management Units (GMU) for multiple species (such as Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Wolf, Whitetail Deer, and Turkey hunting)
•The onX Hunt App is a hunting GPS with tracks & custom waypoints: mark waypoints with icons to navigate back to your vehicle, camp, or hunt stand
• Easily measure distances between treestands hunt stands and blinds
• Mark Custom Waypoints: Camp, Truck, Trail Cam, Deer, Elk, etc.
• Measure acreage with the Shape Tool to easily measure food plots
• Track the distance, duration, and speed of your hunt with our GPS Hunting Tracker
• Topographical quad maps
• Points of Interest & Geographic Feature
• DNR maps
▶ OFFLINE GPS
Turns your phone into the best GPS for outdoor GPS functionality by using the GPS tracker built into your phone, or tablet, to display your location on the map. Cellular network coverage is NOT needed, as our technology allows you to save basemaps and layers for offline maps.
With a Premium State Membership, you gain access to our proprietary hunting GPS maps developed by our GIS team. A Premium State Membership costs $29.99/year. Get the same great features of onX Hunt but with the additional benefits of:
• Public land like Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management (BLM maps), Wildlife Management Areas, County and State land hunting maps, Timber Lands, and more!
• Landowner names with property line maps and boundaries
• Search by landowner name or hunting property landowner boundaries to scout and look for new areas to hunt
• Save private, or public hunting land maps for use when you are out of cell phone coverage.
• GMUs or Hunting Units for multiple species (such as Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Wolf, White Tailed Deer, and Turkey Hunting)
• Possible Access Lands, Walk-In areas, Block Management Areas and private lands open to the public for hunting and recreation
• The largest database of nationwide Roads and Trails ever built
• 3D Maps
* Private landownership maps may not be available for all counties
▶ ELITE NATIONWIDE:
With an Elite Membership, you gain access to our proprietary maps for all 50 states. You also get access to exclusive tools and services that maximize your hunting experience. Easily scout and plan hunts in any state now for one membership price. Available for $99.99/year or $14.99/month.
▶ MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION
•Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, & identify the cost of the renewal.
•Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of Purchase.
Having a problem, or want to request new features please contact us at
5. The Woods Hunting App
• Map availability online or offline with topographical maps and GPS positioning
• Mark custom waypoints such as tree stands, blinds, harvests, land lines, and more
• Get weather and track important information season to season and year over year
• Create private groups to interact with different hunters for different reasons or seasons
• Plan your hunt with your friends by laying out custom maps and markers
• Each stand has its own personal page to post, record harvest info and maintenance records
• Assign user rights to your properties and locations to control who can edit information
• Outline your property, add stands, blinds, food plots, sign, landmarks & more
• Add stand-alone locations and add friends to share info via posts
• Create closed groups and share pics and video…easy!
• Track your history of properties season to season and year over year
• Log stand maintenance and harvest information by location
You may purchase an auto-renewing subscription through an In-App Purchase to remove ads for one year.
• Auto-renewable subscription
• 1 Year ($4.99) durations
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase
And much more!”