If you are looking for the Best Hyperfocal App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Hyperfocal App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Hyperfocal App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Hyperfocal App For iPhone
1. Easy DoF
Depth of Field tool provides mathematically accurate calculations and helps you to properly setup and focus your camera. Do not forget to select your camera in “Options”. If your camera is not listed you can add it yourself. You can also select in what units you want to enter values and get the result: Metric or Imperial. Macro-photographers may appreciate the precision of shown values: 1/10th of a millimeter or 1/8th of an inch.
Golden Hours will help you to plan your photography schedule for best light, Moon phases and direction of sunrise and sunset on a give date.
Both calculators are easy to use and designed the way so it is convenient to use them in the field.”
2. Field Tools
“Field Tools is an efficient, easy to use depth of field calculator for photographers working in the field. Using just a few touches, you can quickly calculate hyperfocal, near focus and far focus distances, all from a single screen. App settings are also a single touch away. Features include:
– Large, easy to read result display
– Switch distance type – hyperfocal, near limit, far limit and combined near/far limits – with a single touch
– Sliders for adjusting focal length, aperture and focus distance
– Configure multiple cameras and lenses and switch between them with just a few touches
– Results in meters or feet
Source code is available under the Apache Software License. Follow the link to the project page for more information.”
– Hyperfocal Calculator
– Depth of Field Calculator
– Flash Guide Number Calculator
– Camera Sensor and Resolution informations
– Time lapse Calculator
– Support for the white balance
– Calculations available in meters, feet, inch and centimeters.
It contains a database with over 3600 cameras and 11 standard lens for precise and accurate calculations. If your machine is not available, you can manually set the reference values.”
The hyperfocal distance is the closest distance at which a lens can be focused while keeping objects at infinity acceptably sharp. When the lens is focused at this distance, all objects at distances from half of the hyperfocal distance out to infinity will be acceptably sharp.
We love photography in Fripito and We would like make it easer for you! Hyperfocalc will bring you more features soon.
Are you missing something, let us know at email@example.com. Thanks!
– US English
– Czech (Čeština)
– Slovak (Slovenčina)
– German (Deutsch)
– Spanish (Español)
Aplikace nabízí rychlý a přesný výpočet hyperfokální vzdálenosti pro zvolené ohnisko a clonu. Výpočet můžete provádět na Apple Watch či iPhonu.”
5. LExp – Long Exposure Calcs
“LExp or Long Exposure Calculators is a must-have app for any landscape photographer who is shooting with ND filters or with long exposures or at night. All important calculators, reference tables and cheat sheets in one place. Select your shooting parameters and the app will do the rest for you!
• Sunrise, sunset and sun direction for any day at any location. Instantly see how sunrise and sunset positions change throughout the year. Civil, nautical, astronomical twilight times. Elevation and azimuth of the Sun. Shadow ratio.
• Stacking ND Filters: Need to stuck multiple ND filters? It’s really easy now.
• Graduated ND Filters: Not sure what Grad ND filter to use? Simply measure exposure for the sky and for the foreground and get the right answer.
• Moonlight/Nightscapes: Helps you get the right exposure for landscape photography under moonlight.
• Moon Photography: Calculates right exposure for the Moon under different conditions and focal length.
• Star-trails: Want to capture beautiful start trails? Get the right number of shots for stacking them later.
• Milky Way/non-moving stars: Helps you capturing beautiful Milky Way galaxy and starry sky without star trails.
• Velvia 50: Still shooting film and worries about reciprocity failure? This calculator is for you.
• Recalculate Exposure: From one set of ISO, aperture and shutter speed to a different set ISO, aperture and shutter speed.
• Aurora Borealis Photography: Calculates the right exposure for shooting Aurora Borealis/Australis.
• Shutter Speed Calculator for Solar Eclipses. Calculate shutter speed for different phases of solar eclipse with and without ND filters.
• Neutral Density ND Filters Reference Charts / Cheat Sheets
• Shooting Flowing Water Reference Charts / Cheat Sheets
• Shooting Fireworks Reference Charts / Cheat Sheets
• How to locate North and South Celestial Poles
• Useful resources and links on low-light and night photography
• Built-in Timer. Some calculators have built-in timer for your convenience. It is automatically enabled when your exposure is 30 seconds or more.
• Alarm in Timer: You will be notified at 20, 10, 5 and 0 seconds when you are using countdown/timer.
• Favourite Calculator: Lock your favourite screen for quick access when you opening the application.
• Additional Info: Almost every calculator has some additional information about filters, used formulas, techniques etc. If a calculator is just a table than additional info is located below the table.
• Maps require data connection.
• Please ensure that Compass in the System Settings on your device is switched ON. The app will work more accurately with it.
• The Compass accuracy can be affected by magnetic or other environmental interferences.
LIMITATIONS OF LITE VERSION:
• Only reference tables, cheat sheets and useful recourses are available.
• No timers.
This application has been built by a photographer for photographers. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you found a bug or have a suggestion.
Your feedback is very important!”
“If you are a photo enthusiast and want high quality professional photos, SetMyCamera can help! SetMyCamera includes tools to remotely trigger your camera*, calculate flash settings or to explore focus depth of field including hyperfocal information.
SetMyCamera offers reverse depth of field focus calculations. Reverse calculations begin with selecting the near and far in focus points while SetMyCamera calculates the focus distance in addition to the best aperture (F/Stop) or the best lens focal length. The animated graphic assists with understanding to capture the perfect photo.
SetMyCamera makes it easier to capture the perfect photo to impress your friends and win you awards. As a field guide or teaching assistant, SetMyCamera is the one tool for better photos.
SetMyCamera includes an iPhone companion app for Apple Watch.
— What others say about SetMyCamera:
“SetMyCamera aids depth of field calculations and serves as a great teaching tool” – MacWorld
+ Reverse depth of field – calculate the optimal lens focal length or aperture (f/stop) by selecting the desired near and far in-focus points,
+ Reverse depth of field – includes animation for graphical understanding,
+ Depth of field – Animation to assist in understanding,
+ Depth of field – Aperture (f/stop) settings for more advanced photographs,
+ Depth of field – Hyperfocal information,
+ Includes support for speed boosters, diopters, bellows, extension tubes and teleconverters.
+ Support for lens adapters such as teleconverters, bellows, extension tubes, diopters, and speed boosters,
+ Flash calculations for ISO, aperture, distance and flash power settings,
+ Field of view – Composition assistance for award winning photos,
+ Shutter speed recommendations – tools to overcome blurred pictures,
+ Remote camera triggering for group photos, long exposure, high dynamic range or other advanced compositions*,
+ Quick selection between pre defined cameras,
+ Distance unit conversion calculator,
+ Crop factor, magnification and angle of view calculator,
+ 35mm effective lens equivalence calculator,
+ In app assistance guide,
+ User selectable themes,
+ Supports Imperial and Metric units,
+ Social media connectivity.
+ iPhone companion app for Apple Watch.
SetMyCamera takes the guesswork out of capturing the perfect photograph with easily selectable controls for any camera having user adjustable settings for aperture and shutter speeds. For pictures of friends and family, preserving the beauty of an afternoon hike or a professional photo shoot, SetMyCamera will help you capture the moment better. How many awards could you win with higher quality images?
• Reverse depth of field as an innovative and exclusive feature of SetMyCamera to enable finding the optimal aperture (f/stop) or lens focal length for situations where the near and far in focus points are known. The included animated graphic assists in visualizing the settings.
• Depth of field includes hyperfocal information and uses easy thumbwheel settings for fast inputs without typing. Animated graphics assist in depth of field understanding. Support for speed boosters, diopters, bellows, extension tubes and teleconverters is also available.
• Flash calculations can be used for determining flash power, ISO, subject distance, and aperture (F/Stop) settings.
• Shutter speed recommendations monitors hand held movements and calculates a minimum shutter speed to overcome motion related blurred photos.
• Field of view is a composition tool to assist in composing shots for a more artist image.
• Remote camera triggering uses IR communications* to trigger a camera.
Visit us at SetMyCamera.com
*Requires IR transmitter for remote camera triggering and a supported camera. Additional information can be found at SetMyCamera.com.
Some features require in app purchases.
7. Simple DoF Calculator
“Simple DoF Calculator allows photographers to calculate the depth of field and hyperfocal distance for any given settings. It calculates the near limit, far limit, total depth of field, hyperfocal distance, distance in front of the subject and distance behind the subject.
Just choose your camera, aperture, focal length and focus distance and it shows you the depth of field, calculations are all done in real time.
Aperture range: f/0.95 – f/64, focal length range: 3 mm – 1200 mm, focus distance range: 1 in. – 999 ft.
Support for the following cameras:
Canon 1D (Mark II, Mark III, Mark IV), 1Ds (Mark II, Mark III), 1D X (Mark II), 1D C, 5DS, 5D (Mark II, Mark III, Mark IV), 6D (II), 7D (Mark II), 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, D60, D30, 800D, 760D, 750D, 700D, 650D, 600D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D, 200D, 100D, 1300D, 1200D, 1100D, 1000D, Digital Rebel, XT, XTi, XS, XSi, T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7i, M, M2, M3, M10, Powershot Series
Contax N Digital
Epson RD-1, RD-1S
Fujifilm S5 Pro, S3 Pro, S2 Pro, S1 Pro, HS10/HS11, HS20/HS22, HS30/HS33, HS50, X-E1, X-E2, X70, X100(S, T, F), X-Pro1, X-Pro2, X10, X-S1, X-T1, X-T2, X-T10, GFX 50S
Hasselblad H1D, H3DII-22, H3DII-39, H3DII-50, H3D(II)-31, H4D-31, H4D-40, H4D-50, H4D-60
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D, Maxxum 5D
Leica Digilux 3, M8, M9, M10, SL, M 240, Q, X, X2, X-E, T, S2
Nikon D1H, D1X, D2X, D2Xs, D2H, D2Hs, D3, D3x, D3s, D4, D4s, D5, Df, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, D3000, D500, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D810, D850, D300(s), 200, D100, D90, D80, D70(s), D60, D50, D40(x), P7700, P7100, P7000, P6000, P520, P530, P600, B700, P900, J1, J2, J3, J4, J5, V1, V2, V3
Olympus E-1, E-3 E-30, E-300, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-620, E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-PL1, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PL5, E-PL6, E-PL7, E-PL8, PEN-F, E-PL1s, E-PM1, E-PM2, E-M1, E-M5, E-M10
Panasonic TZ5, TZ6, TZ7, TZ8, TZ10, LX1, LX2, LX3, LX5, LX7, LX100, FZ30, FZ28, FZ38, FZ40, FZ45, FZ50, FZ100, FZ150, FZ200, FZ1000, G1, G2, G3, G10, G85, GH1, GH2, GH3, GH4, GH5, G7, GX1, GX7, GX8, GX85, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF5, GF7, L10, L1
Pentax K-1, K2000, K-500, K200D, K110D, K100D(Super), K-70, K-50, K-30, K20D, K10D, K-x, K-r, K-7, K-5, K-3, *ist D, 645D, 645Z
Ricoh GR, GR Digital I II III IV
Samsung GX-1L, GX-1S, GX-20, GX-10, NX1, NX30, NX20, NX200, NX210, NX1000
Sigma DP1(s, x), DP2(s, x), Merrill (DP1, DP2, DP3), SD1, SD-15, SD-14, SD-10, SD-9
Sony A900, A850, A700, A580, A560, A550, A500, A450, A390, A380, A350, A330, A300, A290, A230, A200, A100, A6300, A6000, A5100, SLT A99, A77 (II), A68, A65, A58, A57, A55, A35, A33, R1, RX1, RX1R (II), RX100 (II, III, IV, V), RX10 (II, III, IV), QX10, QX30, QX100, A7 (II), A7R (II), A7S (II), Nex-3, Nex-3C, Nex-5, Nex-5N, Nex-6, Nex-7, HX400, HX300, H400, H200
Digital Backs: Leaf Credo 40, 50, 60, 80, Aptus-II 5, 6, 7, 8, 10(R), 12(R), Phase One P30+, P40+, P45+, P65+, IQ260, Achromatic+
Analog photo cameras: APS, 35mm, 35mm half-frame, 6×4.5, 6×6, 6×7, 6×8, 6×9, 6×12, 6×17, 4×5, 5×7, 8×10
Analog and digital film cameras: APS, Super 8mm, 16mm, Super 16mm, 35mm, 75mm, Arri Alexa, Blackmagic Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Production 4K, Canon C300, RED, SI-2K, Sony F55, F5, F3, FS700, 1/4″, 1/3″, 1/2″, 2/3″, 1/500″, 1/700″, 1/707″, 1/1000″, 1/1430″, 1/1500″, 1/1667″, 1/2000″
And a list of Circle of Confusion values.
Your camera isn’t on the list? Let us know and we’ll add it. With the refresh button you’ll see if there are new cameras available and the app will download them immediately.”